The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Old 05-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #151
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
So far in the comics, the half-alien thing is recent retcon (IIRC) and as of yet hasn't given him anything special in terms of superpowers or abilities. The only thing it did was make the Star-Lord position a birthright instead of something he stole from a more worthy choice (again IIRC). So still not very special, just exposition. He's still just a regular Earthling with guns teamed up with aliens of varying power levels and abilities.
he's always been part alien

ctsketch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #152
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Cool. So not so special afterall
Human/Spartoi Hybrid: Peter Quill is son of a human and a Spartoi, and his hybrid physiology grants him peak human abilities, such as:
  • Peak Human Strength: Peter Quill was born with physical strength equal to the peak of human potential. Peter's physical strength is above a normal human being.
  • Peak Human Durability Peter's body is more resistant to physical injury, to variable degrees, than that of an ordinary human. He seems capable of taking several gunshot & puncture wounds as well as beatings and still stand on his feet.
  • Peak Human Agility: Peter's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are at levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
  • Peak Human Stamina: Peter's body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles and his musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities.
  • Peak Human Mental Process': Peter was born with enhanced mental performance, allowing his mind to; process information quickly, giving him an accelerated learning aptitude. He has mastered various aliens languages and customs with ease.
  • Longevity: Spartoi have a life span that is three times longer than a human from earth. When his father was 100 years old he appeared as if he was in his mid 30's. Due to his hybrid nature it is unsure how he will age, but it will be at an decelerated rate.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #153
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Human/Spartoi Hybrid: Peter Quill is son of a human and a Spartoi, and his hybrid physiology grants him peak human abilities, such as:
  • Peak Human Strength: Peter Quill was born with physical strength equal to the peak of human potential. Peter's physical strength is above a normal human being.
  • Peak Human Durability Peter's body is more resistant to physical injury, to variable degrees, than that of an ordinary human. He seems capable of taking several gunshot & puncture wounds as well as beatings and still stand on his feet.
  • Peak Human Agility: Peter's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are at levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
  • Peak Human Stamina: Peter's body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles and his musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities.
  • Peak Human Mental Process': Peter was born with enhanced mental performance, allowing his mind to; process information quickly, giving him an accelerated learning aptitude. He has mastered various aliens languages and customs with ease.
  • Longevity: Spartoi have a life span that is three times longer than a human from earth. When his father was 100 years old he appeared as if he was in his mid 30's. Due to his hybrid nature it is unsure how he will age, but it will be at an decelerated rate.
Don't know where you found that but everything I have read he gets those powers from his gear, and I know for a fact his "mental process" comes from memory implants.

Kathrynn Winnick for Wonder Woman
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #154
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I wasn't aware of some of this stuff. Awesome!

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:41 AM   #155
Nathan

That makes him like Captain America. From the comics I've read though, that never really came across. He always seemed like a regular, trained human to me.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:35 AM   #156
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Well good thing they chose Bautista then. Jason Momoa might not have been big enough to tower over the chiseled Chris Pratt. :P

Old 05-31-2013, 05:46 AM   #157
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Don't know where you found that but everything I have read he gets those powers from his gear, and I know for a fact his "mental process" comes from memory implants.
I agree, some of that seems off, some are atributted to his gear, not his heritage

Old 05-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #158
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Yeah dont know were that power set came from, we never see him employing them in the comics today, not without his implants anyway most of which were removed at the start of Annihilation Conquest.

Although, thinking about it, he has taken some severe beatings by the likes of Ulton and Thanos and been able to take them.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #159
Nathan

I think I've only read the 2008 run of the Guardians. And this is from the first issue. He seems to be just a regular half human/alien at that point in time.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #160
ctsketch
Side-Kick

that just means he's not more enhanced than any other half Spartoi...not that he's only as good as a human

Old 05-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #161
Nathan

Even all the others get at least 1 or 2 lines, pointing out what they are good at and how they are enhanced. You'd think they could have wasted a line saying "Peak human due to Spartoi genes".

Old 05-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #162
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Yeah, but maybe they just want him to seem more human to make him more relatable, in the comics anyway.

I know its the comics but he does do some things in them a normal human couldnt do.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 05-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #163
Nathan

Most of these things seem to be contributed to his suit and implants though. Is that Spartoi stuff recent? Because I checked, and the only place I can find that even lists his Spartoi enhancements, is the Marvel Wiki. But no other place outside of it, mentions it at all. All I get are info on his implants (which he doesn't seem to have anymore), suit and elemental guns.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:11 PM   #164
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

I'm sure whatever Bendis goes with is what Gunn goes with. Company-wide sync and all. They probably consider Star-Lord to be generic enough to make that change

Kathrynn Winnick for Wonder Woman
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #165
Mr. Dent

Batista playing with himself on Twitter.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #166
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

^
That is quality

SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #167
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

lol he seems like a pretty cool dude.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #168
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Haha - that is quality. Deffo got a sense of humour on him, has that Dave.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #169
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

They made figures for that Rza "kung-fu" flick?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #170
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Great tweet by Bautista, actually made me laugh.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #171
HUMANIMAL

mirror mirror on the wall, who's the bulkiest of tem all...

MY FANART AND MANIPS
HUMANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #172
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

lol at Bautista's belly button tattoo

Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #173
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Man watching the Marvel panel it seemed Dave really cared about this role so I hope some of that comes through in his performance. I'm still a little skeptical but its good to hear the role means something to him.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #174
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Yeah while I still doubt his acting ability, his passion for the role is great, if he nails it, Drax could become an iconic character that he could play for a good few movies.

Plus, did anyone see Drax's blades in the props photo, they looked superb!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #175
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

The new character design looks pretty cool. A great improvement in last year's concept art. Shame I can barely see the tattoos design, I hope we can see a HQ version soon.

VulcanVader is offline   Reply With Quote