The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Old 08-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #201
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer - Part 1

awkward..

Old 08-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #202
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

So what do people think of Fiege's reveal that Drax wants to kill Ronan because of some past tragedy?

I personally think Drax will go for Ronan throughout the movie (which means we will get at least 1 Drax vs Ronan, yay!) but find out towards the end that it wasnt Ronan who was the cause of this 'past tragedy' but Thanos, thus putting Drax on the path to his only purpose being to kill Thanos.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #203
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
So what do people think of Fiege's reveal that Drax wants to kill Ronan because of some past tragedy?

I personally think Drax will go for Ronan throughout the movie (which means we will get at least 1 Drax vs Ronan, yay!) but find out towards the end that it wasnt Ronan who was the cause of this 'past tragedy' but Thanos, thus putting Drax on the path to his only purpose being to kill Thanos.
Doesn't bother me, yes in the comics it's Thanos but the person who he is after isn't as important as the drive it creates for the character. Personally I hope they don't change it at the end because it would feel cheap, just to align it with the comics when really the important stuff is already there.

Drax - "ahh you killed my family Ronan I will kill you!"
Ronan - "Wasn't me man, it was Thanos."
Drax - "oh... ahhh you killed my family Thanos I will kill you!"

No thanks, what we've got will work just fine for the films.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #204
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZaTrOn View Post
Doesn't bother me, yes in the comics it's Thanos but the person who he is after isn't as important as the drive it creates for the character. Personally I hope they don't change it at the end because it would feel cheap, just to align it with the comics when really the important stuff is already there.

Drax - "ahh you killed my family Ronan I will kill you!"
Ronan - "Wasn't me man, it was Thanos."
Drax - "oh... ahhh you killed my family Thanos I will kill you!"

No thanks, what we've got will work just fine for the films.
Plus, if they're going the Ultimate route, it wouldn't make much sense. In Ultimates, Thanos is basically an intergalactic tyrant who rules over an empire, and Ronan is his son. If the MCU plans to follow suit, then it'd be pretty bizarre for Drax to not recognize that Ronan was doing Thanos' (i.e., his father's) bidding.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #205
Lobo
skip skip skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post

I don't mind it. Really can't wait to see Drax vs Ronan play out on the big screen.

Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #206
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I don't mind it. Really can't wait to see Drax vs Ronan play out on the big screen.
Agreed it should really be the highlight of the movie.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #207
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I'd rather have Drax's vendetta be against Thanos I think its a better character to use for that. I also really want that panel from annihilation of Drax putting his hand through Thanos' chest at some point.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #208
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
I'd rather have Drax's vendetta be against Thanos I think its a better character to use for that. I also really want that panel from annihilation of Drax putting his hand through Thanos' chest at some point.
Definitely, plus, if Ronan is going to turn at the end, like the reports have stated as Pace is signed up for multiple movies, it wouldnt make sense to have him murdering someones family in the past if he is going to be a good guy. A misunderstood bad guy is one thing, but murdering a family is not something a character can come back from in my eyes.

Ronan isnt evil like that, and I dont think they will make him so in the movie either.

Drax vs Thanos was always a superb dynamic between the two and led to some great storylines and conflicts in the comics, why change it?

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-04-2014, 02:12 AM   #209
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Hugo Weaving's Red Skull was signed for more than a film despite his reluctance to reprise the role, and he was a damned super nazi.

I think the MCU needs more reoccurring villains, even reprehensible ones.

Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #210
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

^ Definitely agree there, so far the only villain that has come back over & over again HAS been Loki. I'd like to see that dynamic transfer over to Thanos as well.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #211
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Plus, if they're going the Ultimate route, it wouldn't make much sense. In Ultimates, Thanos is basically an intergalactic tyrant who rules over an empire, and Ronan is his son. If the MCU plans to follow suit, then it'd be pretty bizarre for Drax to not recognize that Ronan was doing Thanos' (i.e., his father's) bidding.

Ugh, why would they go Ultimates?
Seems like Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning have be referenced heavily from the beginning of this and Gunn has even made mention of them and they have approved the script.
Ultimates cosmic is crap.

Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:29 PM   #212
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
^ Definitely agree there, so far the only villain that has come back over & over again HAS been Loki. I'd like to see that dynamic transfer over to Thanos as well.
Obviously Thanos is probably going to appear in multiple films lol

Ultron as well

Old 01-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #213
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Well Thanos has that neat trick of being on Deaths bad side all the time so she brings him back to life, think we will see a lot of Thanos in the MCU.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #214
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Obviously Thanos is probably going to appear in multiple films lol

Ultron as well
I know, but I'm saying in the same manner as Loki where he always has a different scheme or plan & it's always taken up a level from the last encounter.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #215
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
I know, but I'm saying in the same manner as Loki where he always has a different scheme or plan & it's always taken up a level from the last encounter.
Well why would we want a repeat of Loki?

Thanos has one motive right now apparently. To control the universe.

Whatever events deviate him from his path, he will probably be there to recorrect.

I'm willing to bet we see him in atleast 3 movies. Guardians, Guardians Sequel, and Avengers 3

Old 01-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #216
The Endless
WE are Groot

I wonder how powerful Drax will be? Obviously this version of Drax isn't as powerful as old school "Destroyer" Drax.

Perhaps Captain America level strength? Maybe a touch higher?

The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #217
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
I wonder how powerful Drax will be? Obviously this version of Drax isn't as powerful as old school "Destroyer" Drax.

Perhaps Captain America level strength? Maybe a touch higher?
I like this thought. A touch above Cap's strength level, but someone who'd fight dirtier and deadlier.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #218
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I'm pretty sure Drax even though less powerful than before, is still much stronger than Cap.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 01-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #219
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Not that he'd be the direct authority on it, but I remember Bautista saying at some point that this Drax could take on Hulk and win - unless he was just being cheeky.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #220
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Modern Drax, even though less powerful than previously, is a lot more powerful than Captain America. He is more on Iron Man's level IMO, he killed Thanos in his current form remember.

I think somewere between Iron Man and Thor would be about right for him in the movie. He should be able to give Thor a fight, but would often lose to him.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #221
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

He should for sure be able to whoop Iron Man.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #222
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Definitely, even the modern version of Drax would kick Iron Man's ass IMO. He fought in and survived the Annihilation war after all.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 AM   #223
The Endless
WE are Groot

He only killed Thanos because that was some kind of plot device. He was specifically made to kill him and if I remember rightly from that comic a strange aura developed around him as he got closer to Thanos. He's basically Thanos' Kryptonite. Earlier on in that story Thanos survived a planet blowing up. Drax obviously doesn't pack that firepower.

I just think he won't be as powerful as the comic version. I think he'll be stronger than Cap, but not massively so.

Can't wait to find out either way.

The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #224
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

I think he should be in the Thor-Hulk range...not necessarily on their level, but somewhere close.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #225
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
He only killed Thanos because that was some kind of plot device. He was specifically made to kill him and if I remember rightly from that comic a strange aura developed around him as he got closer to Thanos. He's basically Thanos' Kryptonite. Earlier on in that story Thanos survived a planet blowing up. Drax obviously doesn't pack that firepower.

I just think he won't be as powerful as the comic version. I think he'll be stronger than Cap, but not massively so.

Can't wait to find out either way.
That version still fought his way through a bug infested ship to get to Thanos, these bugs had layed waste to much of the universe by that point as well. Drax is beyond Cap in everyway, even the new version.

On another note, Dave Bautista's performance in Riddick gives us a little taste of him as Drax. I still dont like the casting and likely wont until the movie comes out, but he was okay in Riddick and had some decent moments.