The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Batman?
Burton 55 29.57%
Schumacher 8 4.30%
Nolan 123 66.13%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #26
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer103 View Post
okay, I guess now everyone won't get their panties in a knot.
That's just the way some posters are

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Overall Nolan. He ticked more of the right boxes than the other two did, IMO. He nailed Batman's origin, the Batman/Gordon relationship, the Joker was utterly amazing, loved Harvey Dent/Two Face's arc, Ra's Al Ghul was great, Hathaway was delightful as Selina Kyle, and the supporting cast like Alfred, Lucius and of course Gordon were the strongest of any comic book movie.

I love how all three movies are peppered with comic book influences like Year One, The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, Knightfall, and No Man's Land.
Agreed. Nothing more I could really say on why I voted for him. Well, maybe add in that I loved his version of Bane since Joker and I don't see eye to eye on that subject, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #27
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
See, ya stopped complaining and instead decided to do something far more productive with your life and made your own poll.

Good job, I'm proud of ya
I rest easy knowing I have your approval, Anno.

And look - people voted for Schumacher AND Burton in their own separate categories (surprisingly ). Isn't this cool to see? I'm glad I gave them the opportunity, else we may have missed some interesting developments.

Anyway, thanks for playing good sport and stopping by, mate.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #28
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I rest easy knowing I have your approval, Anno.

And look - people voted for Schumacher AND Burton in their own separate categories (surprisingly ). Isn't this cool to see? I'm glad I gave them the opportunity, else we may have missed some interesting developments.

Anyway, thanks for playing good sport and stopping by, mate.
Yah, it's always nice to see people voting for two different directors that worked on the same series, but whatevs

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #29
BrollySupersj
Burning RED!
 
BrollySupersj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hargenteen
Posts: 7,134
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

I like Burton mostly, with a little mix of Shumacher Batman Forever.

__________________
Kristen Schaal is the greatest and most attractive woman in the 28 known galaxies
BrollySupersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #30
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Kool aid that doesn't give you the enhancement of knowing the truth...well, that sucks. Don't want it now.
Some enhancements would do you good though, don't rule that out.

Quote:
I see you made a thread dividing all three directors, lol. I am glad you can sleep at night now knowing that you gave three choices...two of those are directors that worked on the same series, but, whatever floats your boat I guess? LOL.
Gee, you sound pretty tiffed over there. Here, let me get you something for that...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:



And yeah, unheard of for you, but I sleep a lot better doing what's fair. Try it sometime. Take careful note of how everyone has an option, and despite what the end results will be, the poll is not rigged in my favor, nor anyone else's.

Quote:
But...they are.



Well, look at that! Even the back describes it as the third film...well, I guess Warner Brothers is just wrong though because the great and almighty Kevin Smith is always right!



The third film...gee, what else were they supposed to call it? The 2nd? Of course it's the third film in WB's Batman series! Duh. Batman Begins was the 5th, TDK the 6th, etc. What is your point exactly? That's numerically correct. It's not like they called it a sequel, because that would be a bit of a problem then, mostly because it isn't.

Quote:
Whoops, guess I overlooked it again.
That's okay, here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
As soon as Burton left, everything else went with him sans Gough and Hingle, and it became "Schumacher's world". Schumacher didn't want Billy Dee Williams as Two Face, and apparently preferred a CGI crapfest over Anton Furst's beautiful sets and Gotham designs, that ugly spiked thing over the sleek piece of glory that is the 89 (REAL) batmobile, et all, so yeah, very much not a continuation of Burton's flicks. They're about as closely knit as the James Bond films pre Craig are as far as "continuity" is concerned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
They're in the same continuity in the same way that Superman Returns is continuity to ALL (yes, that includes 3 & 4) of the Christopher Reeve films. Which is to say they're selective continuity, which is not REAL continuity at all. If anything it's an excuse for laziness because you're not creative enough to come up with something good or are afraid you won't be able come up with something better or at the very least just as creative or good as what the previous films did.

In fact, I'd say there's more continuity with Superman Returns and Superman 1 & 2 than there is Schumacher's and Burton's Batman. Hell, even Batman Returns is barely a sequel to the '89 Batman, and that IS continuity.
Now don't be all ignorant this time. You'll really be trying too hard.

Quote:
Nah, I prefer the truth actually...and the truth is...Batman Forever is a sequel to Batman Returns. Batman & Robin is a sequel to Batman Forever that was a sequel to Batman Returns, yay!


The truth that there have been 7 WB live action Batman movies and Batman Forever happens to be the third? Yes, that's truth. However being third in the line doesn't at all make it a "sequel" to Returns. Hell, Batman Returns is barely a sequel to the '89 Batman, but, unlike Forever, it officially is!

Naw, dude, Burton's Batman and Schumacher's are two different animals. Burton's Batman is Burton's Batman, Schumacher's Batman is Schumacher's Batman, and Nolan's Batman is Nolan's Batman - all part of the Batman franchise, making up one big, happy Batman family - that's the only way they're connected or intertwined.

Read and comprehend, then you'll have an education, Anna. You may even make a friend along the way. Feel free to stop on by again when you'd like to know more.


Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-05-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #31
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 21,791
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Kevin, everyone knows the Nolan v Burton/Schumacher thread was pointless and childish, but you have made your point and there is no reason to be angry about it.

Anyway, overall I have to vote for Nolan, but it is a difficult choice between him and Burton. If I felt that BR was as strong as B89, then I would have voted differently, but aside from the best Catwoman on screen yet, I find BR to be little too far removed from 'my' Batman to be a satisfactory interpretation of that particular mythos. Conversely, Nolan's trilogy would be stronger without TDKR, which is a frankly unexceptional film to my mind.

In order of preference: B89>TDK>BB>BR>TDKR>BF>BAR. Comparing B89 and TDK is comparing apples and oranges, however. The former plays like a Gothic opera, the latter like a psychological drama. I'm glad we have both.

__________________
Feel like using the word "hyperbole"? Better check what it means!

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

.
Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #32
OutRiddled
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

I'm not getting into this again, but I don't like Nolan's style. It may have been a new thing when TDK came out, but this 'deconstruction of the superhero' has worn out its welcome. They are adolescent fantasies and should be treated as such. Burton knew that, Schumacher knew that... but Nolan - Mr. "I have to act like I'm above it all and approach it in a psuedo-academic way" - and his bone dry literalism may have killed the superhero movie genre for some time to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer103 View Post
it's obvious that heath did a better job with the role and definitely put more effort into bringing the character to life.
lol That's because the bar was already set high with Nicholson. Ledger himself even admits he had to work hard to not act like Nicholson in the role.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #33
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,814
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Nolan for reasons I stated in the other thread

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #34
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,548
Cs Funny Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Ledger himself even admits he had to work hard to not act like Nicholson in the role.
He never said anything of the sort. In fact he said he already had his own vision of the Joker in mind for Chris Nolan's world and it coincided with what Nolan had in mind when they met.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Nothing about finding it hard to not act the way Nicholson did. The only mention of Nicholson is how he enjoyed his interpretation, and if Burton had come to him to direct TDK he would have refused because he wouldn't want to try and do Jack's style of Joker.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 04-04-2013 at 01:31 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #35
OutRiddled
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
He never said anything of the sort. In fact he said he already had his own vision of the Joker in mind for Chris Nolan's world and it coincided with what Nolan had in mind when they met.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Nothing about finding it hard to not act the way Nicholson did. The only mention of Nicholson is how he enjoyed his interpretation, and if Burton had come to him to direct TDK he would have refused because he wouldn't want to try and do Jack's style of Joker.
You had to take me to task. I read about it somewhere.. can't remember where. He had to spend weeks in a hotel room figuring out the Joker's voice and mannerisms because he wanted to make it distinctive and not like previous incarnations.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #36
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,548
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
You had to take me to task.
It's because you're always making false personal statements on behalf of the cast and crew of Nolan's movies. It's always easy to prove you're wrong because they are very vocal about these things themselves.

Quote:
I read about it somewhere.. can't remember where. He had to spend weeks in a hotel room figuring out the Joker's voice and mannerisms because he wanted to make it distinctive and not like previous incarnations.
“I sat around in a hotel room in London for about a month, locked myself away, formed a little diary and experimented with voices — it was important to try to find a somewhat iconic voice and laugh. I ended up landing more in the realm of a psychopath — someone with very little to no conscience towards his acts. He’s just an absolute sociopath, a cold-blooded, mass-murdering clown, and Chris [Nolan] has given me free rein. Which is fun because there are no real boundaries to what The Joker would say or do. Nothing intimidates him, and everything is a big"

http://www.justjared.com/2007/11/30/joker-heath-ledger/

Not a word about it being hard to not act like Nicholson's Joker.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #37
Victarion
Dolt
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,893
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Before Nolan decided to give his trilogy a definitive ending, I could see where Bale's Batman might've been able to develop into Burton's Batman. As it is, I prefer Bale's, then Keaton, then Kilmer.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #38
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 21,791
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Kilmer's Batman wasn't so bad. It deserved a better movie to inhabit.

__________________
Feel like using the word "hyperbole"? Better check what it means!

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

.
Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #39
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Okay, since you thought it was necessary to bring this argument into your thread, here we go Katherine(see, I can give your username a female name as well...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Some enhancements would do you good though, don't rule that out.
I'd suggest the same to you, but I'm pretty sure everyone tells you that bud.

Quote:
Gee, you sound pretty tiffed over there. Here, let me get you something for that...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

After you take all of it, there won't be any for me.

Quote:
And yeah, unheard of for you, but I sleep a lot better doing what's fair. Try it sometime. Take careful note of how everyone has an option, and despite what the end results will be, the poll is not rigged in my favor, nor anyone else's.
Too bad this thread isn't fair and is a complete joke


Quote:



The third film...gee, what else were they supposed to call it? The 2nd? Of course it's the third film in WB's Batman series! Duh. Batman Begins was the 5th, TDK the 6th, etc. What is your point exactly? That's numerically correct. It's not like they called it a sequel, because that would be a bit of a problem then, mostly because it isn't.
Because Batman Begins is known as the fifth film, TDK as the sixth and TDKR as the seventh?

Or like how The Amazing Spider-Man is the fourth, right? LOL.

You're a complete and utter joke, pal. But I am admiring how you're continuing to boost your ignorance on the subject.

Quote:
That's okay, here you go:





Now don't be all ignorant this time. You'll really be trying too hard.
Heh, come again?

Quote:


The truth that there have been 7 WB live action Batman movies and Batman Forever happens to be the third? Yes, that's truth. However being third in the line doesn't at all make it a "sequel" to Returns. Hell, Batman Returns is barely a sequel to the '89 Batman, but, unlike Forever, it officially is!

Naw, dude, Burton's Batman and Schumacher's are two different animals. Burton's Batman is Burton's Batman, Schumacher's Batman is Schumacher's Batman, and Nolan's Batman is Nolan's Batman - all part of the Batman franchise, making up one big, happy Batman family - that's the only way they're connected or intertwined.

Read and comprehend, then you'll have an education, Anna. You may even make a friend along the way. Feel free to stop on by again when you'd like to know more.
Batman Forever is the sequel to Batman Returns. Batman & Robin is the sequel to Batman Forever which is the sequel to Batman Returns


Last edited by Anno_Domini; 04-04-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #40
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Kevin, everyone knows the Nolan v Burton/Schumacher thread was pointless and childish, but you have made your point and there is no reason to be angry about it.
Everyone

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #41
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 21,791
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Present company excepted.

__________________
Feel like using the word "hyperbole"? Better check what it means!

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

.
Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #42
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Present company as in pretty much the same amount of people that voted for Nolan on the other thread too?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #43
zmystico
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 423
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Overall - Nolan

Burton wins on the Gothicness of Gotham City

My one knock on Nolan...Rachel Dawes

__________________
Wayne Enterprises buys and sells companies like Stark Industries
zmystico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #44
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Rachel Dawes was a TERRIBLE love interest.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #45
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,563
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

I wouldn't say she was terrible. She was just really generic and not that interesting.

Though he is nowhere as bad as some other directors in this department, main female characters has never exactly been something Nolan was good at. In fact, I feel that a lot of the times he has female characters in his story just because half the population is female and it would be unrealistic to not include one lol. It isn't just Rachel. I felt the same way with Catwoman and Ellen Page's character in TDKR and Inception respectively.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #46
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: GTFO!!!!
Posts: 16,825
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

She was a self-righteous, nagging, know it all. Probably the single worst ingenue in a superhero film(s) that I've ever seen. Dunst's MJ would be a runner-up for the crown.

__________________
My God, did that smell good!
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #47
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Yah, I would have to say she was terrible. Up there with Raimi's Mary Jane Watson.

And yah, I think I'd have to disagree Shikamaru. Nolan has done pretty well with love interests. The Prestige, Inception, TDKR with Selina Kyle. Unless you want to say two of those(not Inception) is because of Jonah Nolan.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #48
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
She [Rachel Dawes] was a self-righteous, nagging, know it all. Probably the single worst ingenue in a superhero film(s) that I've ever seen. Dunst's MJ would be a runner-up for the crown.


This. Agreed.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #49
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Present company as in pretty much the same amount of people that voted for Nolan on the other thread too?
No, just you.

Now stop being pointless and childish.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Kevin, everyone knows the Nolan v Burton/Schumacher thread was pointless and childish




Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-05-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #50
Victarion
Dolt
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,893
Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Well then. These message boards must be pointless and childish.

Also, I voted for Nolan in both threads.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.