The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Batman?
Burton 55 29.57%
Schumacher 8 4.30%
Nolan 123 66.13%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #51
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: Burton's Batman VS Nolan's Batman VS Schumacher's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Okay, since you thought it was necessary to bring this argument into your thread, here we go Katherine(see, I can give your username a female name as well...)
LOL is that the best you can do? Dude that was terrible.

Quote:
I'd suggest the same to you, but I'm pretty sure everyone tells you that bud.

After you take all of it, there won't be any for me.

Do you have anything original in your arsenal? So far you've just repackaged my jokes....3 times in this post alone.

Quote:
Too bad this thread isn't fair and is a complete joke
4 ahh ahh ahh! Up to 4 now. I'd say good try with that, but it really isn't. Even for you.

Quote:
Because Batman Begins is known as the fifth film, TDK as the sixth and TDKR as the seventh?

Or like how The Amazing Spider-Man is the fourth, right? LOL.
Hey, that's right! Good job with the counting, here's some help to boost you along...

Quote:
You're a complete and utter joke, pal. But I am continuing to boost ignorance on the subject.
.................................................. ..Fixed.

Quote:
Batman Forever is the sequel to Batman Returns. Batman & Robin is the sequel to Batman Forever which is the sequel to Batman Returns
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
As soon as Burton left, everything else went with him sans Gough and Hingle, and it became "Schumacher's world". Schumacher didn't want Billy Dee Williams as Two Face, and apparently preferred a CGI crapfest over Anton Furst's beautiful sets and Gotham designs, that ugly spiked thing over the sleek piece of glory that is the 89 (REAL) batmobile, et all, so yeah, very much not a continuation of Burton's flicks. They're about as closely knit as the James Bond films pre Craig are as far as "continuity" is concerned.
Quote:
They're in the same continuity in the same way that Superman Returns is continuity to ALL (yes, that includes 3 & 4) of the Christopher Reeve films. Which is to say they're selective continuity, which is not REAL continuity at all. If anything it's an excuse for laziness because you're not creative enough to come up with something good or are afraid you won't be able come up with something better or at the very least just as creative or good as what the previous films did.

In fact, I'd say there's more continuity with Superman Returns and Superman 1 & 2 than there is Schumacher's and Burton's Batman. Hell, even Batman Returns is barely a sequel to the '89 Batman, and that IS continuity.

I don't know why I keep continuing to indulge this. I must be immensely bored or out of important things to do, it really is not worth my time or effort and is almost like that other thread as another poster pointed out....childish and pointless.

Probably won't even bother next time.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-05-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #52
OutRiddled
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
She was a self-righteous, nagging, know it all. Probably the single worst ingenue in a superhero film(s) that I've ever seen. Dunst's MJ would be a runner-up for the crown.
Agreed.

If you're going to have a love interest, at least make her hot and not annoying. And give her a fun personality so she's bearable to watch.

April O' Neal in the original Turtles movie, for example.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #53
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post

Also, I voted for Nolan in both threads.
Nothing wrong with that. That's why it's there.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-05-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #54
regwec
Shakespearo

Rachel Dawes wasn't great, but I think Maggie G gave a very strong performance in the limited role. They should recall her to dub over Katie Holmes in a remastered edition of BB.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:22 AM   #55
Kevin Smith
Banned User

It's sad, but I kinda prefer Katie Holmes a little because she is prettier.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #56
dnno1
Side-Kick

Hasn't this poll been done before?

Last edited by dnno1; 04-05-2013 at 08:44 AM.
dnno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #57
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
No, just you.

Now stop being pointless and childish.
Yah, because I'M the one who first had a fuss because while I had my poll the correct way, you wish so much that Burton's and Schumacher's films aren't in the same world because you want your special Burton films on a level on their own without being connected to two other films, lol. Do you know why Nolan's films are never talked about being in the same world as Burton's/Schumacher's or considered to be films five, six and seven of WB's Batman series? Because Burton's/Schumacher's films are actually are, bud!

Please, why don't YOU stop being pointless and childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Well then. These message boards must be pointless and childish.

Also, I voted for Nolan in both threads.
It's only childish and pointless when someone doesn't agree with you apparently, lol.

And yah, I'm pretty sure everyone who voted for Nolan in this thread voted for Nolan in the other thread...so this new thread didn't do ****.

Quote:
LOL is that the best you can do? Dude that was terrible.
And 'Anna' was great?

Quote:
Do you have anything original in your arsenal? So far you've just repackaged my jokes....3 times in this post alone.
Why should I waste anything good on someone like you? That would bring me down to your level. No thanks pal

Quote:
4 ahh ahh ahh! Up to 4 now. I'd say good try with that, but it really isn't. Even for you.

Oh my God, you're showing me!!!!!

Please, get over yourself.

Quote:
Hey, that's right! Good job with the counting, here's some help to boost you along...
Some of the most idiotic things you're agreeing to, but not a surprise really

Quote:
.................................................. ..Fixed.
Wow, once again you're not fixing anything. Oh, wait, I get it...this is how a poster tries to make themselves feel better! Oh, I get it now

Quote:
I don't know why I keep continuing to indulge this. I must be immensely bored or out of important things to do, it really is not worth my time or effort and is almost like that other thread as another poster pointed out....childish and pointless.

Probably won't even bother next time.
Batman > Batman Returns > Batman Forever > Batman & Robin

They're all in the same universe

If you don't bother next time, I will certainly be relieved. I can finally spend my time on better things to do without trying to hammer the truth down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Hasn't this poll been done before?
Oh, it has, but you know how posters can be!

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #58
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Yah, because I'M the one who first had a fuss because while I had my poll the correct way, you wish so much that Burton's and Schumacher's films aren't in the same world
But they're not in the same world. Burton's is in Burton's world, and Schumacher's is very clearly in Schumacher's world, not Burton's.

Quote:
because you want your special Burton films on a level on their own without being connected to two other films, lol. Do you know why Nolan's films are never talked about being in the same world as Burton's/Schumacher's or considered to be films five, six and seven of WB's Batman series? Because Burton's/Schumacher's films are actually are, bud!
Because Nolan's Batman films have 8 years between them and Schumacher's Batman, and is not a part of either Burton's or Schumacher's Batman, and yes, Nolan's films are 6, 7, and 8 of the Batman film franchise at WB. There is also a reason why when the development of the Nolan universe was talked about shortly after Begins as "eventually becoming the Batman of the Burton movies" that they said Burton films, not Burton/Schumach, or "Schumacher". Obviously they are widely regarded as different animals there is such difference between the two.

Quote:
It's only childish and pointless when someone doesn't agree with you apparently, lol.
No, just when they agree with you.

Quote:
And yah, I'm pretty sure everyone who voted for Nolan in this thread voted for Nolan in the other thread...so this new thread didn't do ****.
Really? Well how is it that my poll with the 3 proper options not only has votes in each respective category (displaying that some people prefer Schumacher to Burton, further illustrating that there is, in fact, a difference) but almost twice the participants yours had? It clearly must have done something.

Quote:
And 'Anna' was great?
Yeah, because Anna sounds like Anno; in fact it is but for one letter....Anna. :P

Must have hit a nerve though to get you all riled up like that and come back with such a weak retort. "Katherine" sounds nothing like Kevin, so much so that you had to explain just what your ill attempt at a "comeback" was by pointing out what you were doing - that you were trying to make a "female" version of my name.

Quote:
...here we go Katherine(see, I can give your username a female name as well...)
Ahyuck!

A wise man once said:

"If you have to explain the joke, there is no joke!"

(psst. it's not funny)

Quote:
Why should I waste anything good on someone like you? That would bring me down to your level. No thanks pal
"Why should I use anything good on you...that would make me like you" ...I can't even begin to explain what a walking contradiction that statement is, but we'll just call it the "anno-dox", or "anna-dox" if you prefer.

Seriously though, nice job at usurping "superiority" to cover up a dim wit, oh pretentious annhole.

...besides, I don't really think you have anything "good".

Quote:
Wow, once again you're not fixing anything. Oh, wait, I get it...this is how a poster tries to make themselves feel better! Oh, I get it now
In case you've forgotten, this is what some others thought of your thread, and quite on the money:

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Kevin, everyone knows the Nolan v Burton/Schumacher thread was pointless and childish
Quote:
Yep, this thread is invalid, and clearly a weak attempt to provoke.
Quote:
I wouldn't even describe it as 'unfair'; it is just a false and transparently dishonest exercise.

You might as well ask, "who do you prefer, (a) Christipher Nolan or (b) Tim Burton and Uwe Boll?" Only the profoundly ignorant or the profoundly dishonest would draw such a tenuous link.

Quote:
They're all in the same universe

If you don't bother next time, I will certainly be relieved. I can finally spend my time on better things to do without trying to hammer the truth down.
No one is forcing you to come here and jerk Nolan off for us - we get it, you're a bigger Nolan fan than you are Batman, that's who you prefer, and that's ultimately who will win the poll anyway, you don't need to further push the point by making a poll obviously intended to be lopsided in Nolan's favor by yoking Burton's films, which is considered to be one of the greatest CBMs ever made, with Schumacher's films, which are considered by more than many to be the worst CBMs ever made. It's a stark contrast, and an intentional one on your part. There are three separate directors with three (3) separate visions, the one never tries to be the other, therefore there should be three individual polling options, I don't see how anyone would be unhappy with that, and you know it's the truth, not your distorted version of it.

You have better things to do? Then go and do them.

Move along.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-05-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #59
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Seeing that picture of the Begins suit just reminds me how good it really was....

Anyway, Nolan. Always enjoyed the Burton ones as popcorn entertainment but TDK and TDKR are two of my favourite films ever.

However, MOTP is still the best Batman movie.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #60
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

ATTENTION ANNO_DOMINI and KEVIN SMITH

You two will now ignore each other. You do not exist to each other. You will not respond to the others posts. You will not comment on the others posts. You will no longer act like children with your petty childish bickering.

If either of you want to complain about this announcement....think about this...you are already getting off easy because I haven't banned you both.

Have an extremely nice and productive day.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #61
regwec
Shakespearo

Never mind, C Lee got in there first.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #62
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post

You two will now ignore each other. You do not exist to each other. You will not respond to the others posts. You will not comment on the others posts. You will no longer act like children with your petty childish bickering.

If either of you want to complain about this announcement....think about this...you are already getting off easy because I haven't banned you both.

No complaints. Yes sir, and same to you. Thank you for not banning, I like it here.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #63
milost
Banned User

If the TDKR characterization is included for Bale, then I'd vote Keaton Batman all the way.

If it's Begins and Dark Knight, the two of them are tied and are dependent on my mood and the type of Batman I want to see.

Animated Series Batman stomps them both though. No comparison there.

milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #64
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post

You got it

Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #65
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
If the TDKR characterization is included for Bale, then I'd vote Keaton Batman all the way.

If it's Begins and Dark Knight, the two of them are tied and are dependent on my mood and the type of Batman I want to see.
Yeah, all the Nolan films with the Nolan, Burton with Burton, etc, but you vote however you like.

Quote:
Animated Series Batman stomps them both though. No comparison there.
Definitely.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #66
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

You bring up something interesting. Picking not by movie or anything, but a version of Bruce Wayne/Batman that someone likes the best. In that case, I think it would be Batman '89 with Keaton, then Batman Begins with Bale, then TDKR with Bale, TDK with Bale, BR with Keaton, BF with Kilmer, B&R with Clooney(although I will always say I feel like Clooney would be a great Bruce Wayne given a better story). That's much different than my order of films that has Nolan's trilogy at top.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #67
Kevin Smith
Banned User

If Michael Keaton ever came back to do like an older Batman.......would anyone else like that? I think it could be awesome.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #68
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
If Michael Keaton ever came back to do like an older Batman.......would anyone else like that? I think it could be awesome.
Yes Tim Burton's Dark Knight Returns with Keaton as an older Batman and Jim Caviezal as Superman.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #69
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yes Tim Burton's Dark Knight Returns with Keaton as an older Batman and Jim Caviezal as Superman.

That would be incredible. I could see Michael Keaton owning that.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #70
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Holy crap...I can actually picture that and I like it

Old 04-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #71
milost
Banned User

I couldn't see the current Michael Keaton in a modern Batman film in a modern Batsuit. Just can't really.

Plus, I'm sure he wouldn't even want to do it. He was apprehensive back in 1991 because he felt awkward about playing the same character twice.

I know a lot of people seem to think it's be cool for him to come back and get involved but I can't see it. Wouldn't want to see that Batman tarnished either by some weirdo one off story gimmick.

What Warner Bros should do is rerelease Batman 1989 back on the big screen at theaters like they what has been done with Jurassic Park, ET, Star Wars prequels, etc. I'd love to experience it again. Maybe have a "Batman" event where they release all the bat films from '89 to Rises for a special limited a time. Or maybe just the "successful" ones. Doubt too many people would see Batman and Robin again.

Last edited by milost; 04-06-2013 at 09:04 PM.
milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #72
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
I couldn't see the current Michael Keaton in a modern Batman film in a modern Batsuit. Just can't really.

Plus, I'm sure he wouldn't even want to do it. He was apprehensive back in 1991 because he felt awkward about playing the same character twice.

I know a lot of people seem to think it's be cool for him to come back and get involved but I can't see it. Wouldn't want to see that Batman tarnished either by some weirdo one off story gimmick.

It will never happen, but I'd be first in line if it ever did. Michael Keaton was fantastic.

Quote:
What Warner Bros should do is rerelease Batman 1989 back on the big screen at theaters like they what has been done with Jurassic Park, ET, Star Wars prequels, etc. I'd love to experience it again. Maybe have a "Batman" event where they release all the bat films from '89 to Rises for a special limited a time. Or maybe just the "successful" ones. Doubt too many people would see Batman and Robin again.
Having never seen the original in the theater, I WOULD LOVE THIS. I wish they would do that, it's my goal to see it on the big screen one day, the way it was meant to be seen. Would WB even do it though? I mean I can't think of a reason why not to, but would WB do it?

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-06-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #73
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

i'm sure i'll get a lot of crap for this, if we're talking about villain origins, and even batman's schumacher got it pretty close to the comics.

schumacher villains were different and campy but the origins were in tact. kinda interesting to see bane and plant venom together, plus he was from south america. they did take away his intellect though. two-face was scarred in the courtroom, and riddler got revenge on those that fired him(i'm not sure this is correct, but it matches up with the btas origin), and mr. freeze, is like that because of an accident while saving his wife. poison ivy was working with dr. woodrue, who injects her with the plant toxins.

burton's villains didn't make sense. the joker's was the killing joke origin, but penguin and catwoman having "powers" was weird. catwoman was a cat-burglar, and penguin wasn't a mutant but a businessman who double dealed with criminals. returns wasn't really that great. batman should've just been called the joker. it rewrote the origin to make it more meaningful, but killing the villains was a bad idea.

nolan did things in a "realistic" way, but the characters were pretty good. i like that joker just shows up on a street corner, no origin, or that twoface is more of a vigilante than a super villain with an obsession with 2. ra's was ra's, but they said his name wrong constantly, even though he didn't train bruce in the comics, he still saw him as a successor/son. scarecrow couldve been so much more threatening and scary. they didn't do much with him. the arkham asylum game utilized his fear toxin better.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #74
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

They actually said his name correctly. The correct Arabic pronunciation for the name is "Raz", not "Raysh".

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #75
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
i'm sure i'll get a lot of crap for this, if we're talking about villain origins, and even batman's schumacher got it pretty close to the comics.

schumacher villains were different and campy but the origins were in tact. kinda interesting to see bane and plant venom together, plus he was from south america. they did take away his intellect though. two-face was scarred in the courtroom, and riddler got revenge on those that fired him(i'm not sure this is correct, but it matches up with the btas origin), and mr. freeze, is like that because of an accident while saving his wife. poison ivy was working with dr. woodrue, who injects her with the plant toxins.
Yeah, as far as overall story they were close, but they were much campier and sillier than the comics and cartoons did them, but it sounds like you agree with that. Even the comics and cartoons were more serious and "plausible". Like all the origins on the animated show, including Two Face, were better. I still even prefer Two Face's animated version to TDK's it's that good, and just look at Mr. Freeze on TAS and then Batman & Robin. Maybe the same or a similar story, but not the same at all.

Quote:
burton's villains didn't make sense. the joker's was the killing joke origin, but penguin and catwoman having "powers" was weird. catwoman was a cat-burglar, and penguin wasn't a mutant but a businessman who double dealed with criminals. returns wasn't really that great. batman should've just been called the joker. it rewrote the origin to make it more meaningful, but killing the villains was a bad idea.
Burton handled the Joker damn near perfectly, IMO. But the others were pretty bad. I thought Michele Pfieffer played Catwoman well and I liked her costume (and her haha, however my favorite live action Catwoman is still Julie Newmar), and Danny DeVito ideally is a perfect choice for The Penguin, but the way they did him was terrible. He was Burton's character he called "The Penguin" he created in school instead of the Penguin of the comics, that's where that movie really came off track for me.

Quote:
nolan did things in a "realistic" way, but the characters were pretty good. i like that joker just shows up on a street corner, no origin, or that twoface is more of a vigilante than a super villain with an obsession with 2. ra's was ra's, but they said his name wrong constantly, even though he didn't train bruce in the comics, he still saw him as a successor/son. scarecrow couldve been so much more threatening and scary. they didn't do much with him. the arkham asylum game utilized his fear toxin better.
Nolan handled the villains very well I thought because the characters were so good. His Joker pretty much is The Joker of the comics too just without permawhite skin. I don't think it's necessary for him to have an origin in every incarnation, in fact for years he didn't in the comics and this works just fine. I actually would prefer it if more villains kind of just "were", it may be easier writing in a way but somehow it's better on the whole.

One thing I did dislike was the mispronunciation of Ra's, but it didn't make or break anything for me with him. We didn't even know he was Ra's until the end though, so it's almost like they used him in a way but in a way they didn't. I have mixed feelings on him.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-07-2013 at 02:08 PM.