The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 11-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Default A Punisher film should come after Daredevil and Luke Cage

Let's put it this way, Punisher is Marvel's riskiest property. Daredevil should be put out there to test how audiences react to a darker property while still keeping things PG-13. Luke Cage would be rated R for language while still remaining light-hearted and comedic like most MCU films.

Only if both of those are hits should we see a Punisher film since a hard R impossibly bleak movie would be hard to sell to audiences.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Default Re: A Punisher film should come after Daredevil and Luke Cage

I still dream of a Punisher vs. Daredevil film.

Recently I purchased the PC edition of Dishonored. Hopefully that will be what I imagined how a video game version of Punisher vs. Daredevil story could be played.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Or just make a TV show out of all of them.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I want a Captain America vs. Punisher movie, featuring Daredevil. Maybe Cap is framed for a slaughter that the Punisher actually committed, and has to clear his name after being put on trial. Matt Murdock can be his lawyer, while doubling as Daredevil.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Or just make a TV show out of all of them.
They're all too big to make into a TV show. Plus,they would widen the black representation in the MCU with Luke Cage.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
SuperFerret
This guy

TV shows are bigger than movies, especially when it comes to lower budget properties.

Also, nevermind that they shouldn't make any more Punisher movies again ever, it's probably Marvel's least risky property because it's pretty much any Hollywood revenge-driven shoot-em-up action movie.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
I still dream of a Punisher vs. Daredevil film.

Recently I purchased the PC edition of Dishonored. Hopefully that will be what I imagined how a video game version of Punisher vs. Daredevil story could be played.
Um, what? You need to elaborate, because I can't even begin to figure out what connection you are seeing.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
They're all too big to make into a TV show. Plus,they would widen the black representation in the MCU with Luke Cage.
This doesn't make sense to me. They're no bigger than Green Arrow and he has a very good TV show. Daredevil is perfect for TV. Punisher would work better on TV since they probably don't want to do R-Rated stuff for their movies.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:26 AM   #9
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Um, what? You need to elaborate, because I can't even begin to figure out what connection you are seeing.
As a possible video game, Dishonored is how they can have two characters in the same setting but interact in the world differently. While Daredevil can swing from building to building, the Punisher travels differently, but to the same places. It's an excellent approach to how the two superheroes can be in the same story without behaving the same.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #10
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

IMO Punisher works best as the anti-heroic foil to some other lead superhero, the Vegeta to someone's Goku. Or if you're going to make him the lead, you got to have an effective hero antagonist as his foil, like Chuck Dixon said he should've done it back in the 90s.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

I say have Touchstone Pictures do the Marvel Knights movies since they do harder and darker edged movies for Disney while Walt Disney Pictures does the more family friendly stuff like Avengers, Thor, Iron Man etc.

And at the end of the Daredevil reboot, have Punisher appear at the end and make it similar to the Avenger universe movie endings as he would be like the Nick Fury of the Marvel Knights as he would talk with Matt Murdok and knows his identity plus says "I want you to join a team" then Matt says "Avengers?" then Frank says "No! not the Avengers, something more meatier. It's called the Knights".

Hordakfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #12
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

iron fist should precede them both

Old 11-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #13
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordakfan View Post
I say have Touchstone Pictures do the Marvel Knights movies since they do harder and darker edged movies for Disney while Walt Disney Pictures does the more family friendly stuff like Avengers, Thor, Iron Man etc.

And at the end of the Daredevil reboot, have Punisher appear at the end and make it similar to the Avenger universe movie endings as he would be like the Nick Fury of the Marvel Knights as he would talk with Matt Murdok and knows his identity plus says "I want you to join a team" then Matt says "Avengers?" then Frank says "No! not the Avengers, something more meatier. It's called the Knights".
That is a terrible idea, why would the Punisher be forming a team?

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:45 AM   #14
whitemotel

hi guys...

i couldnt post a new thread because my account is new..felt this is appropriate for this thread....

"Netflix and Marvel recently unveiled their plans to create a number of 13-episode series’ featuring Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, culminating in The Defenders. The question now is which actors will be chosen to portray these iconic characters; will they go for young unknowns – similar to Stephen Amell in Arrow – or will Nexflix bring big names to these as they’ve done with shows like House of Cards and Orange is the New Black? We don’t know at this point, but here are five casting suggestions featuring actors you will without a doubt recognise, for Daredevil! Stay tuned as we’ll be bringing you similar lists for the other heroes listed above in the coming days too."

link here: http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/5-actors-p...zergnet_107616

whitemotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #15
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
They're all too big to make into a TV show.
Is that so? Tell me more about that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Old 11-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #17
Loki882
Side-Kick

I could see Punisher appearing in the various shows (DD, Luke Cage, etc) as an opposing force that they have to encounter at some point. Then, if these shows are successful, maybe they'll do more Netflix ones and Punisher can get his own series. They should definitely give Thomas Jane a call, I think that he might be interested.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I could see Punisher appearing in the various shows (DD, Luke Cage, etc) as an opposing force that they have to encounter at some point. Then, if these shows are successful, maybe they'll do more Netflix ones and Punisher can get his own series. They should definitely give Thomas Jane a call, I think that he might be interested.

I agree. I mean, Jane HAS said that he wants to reprise the role and having him run into somebody like Luke Cage or Daredevil who may be disgusted with his methods would make for some good viewing. Punisher definitely needs to appear in these series since this is a perfect opportunity to add him to the MCU.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
I agree. I mean, Jane HAS said that he wants to reprise the role and having him run into somebody like Luke Cage or Daredevil who may be disgusted with his methods would make for some good viewing. Punisher definitely needs to appear in these series since this is a perfect opportunity to add him to the MCU.
Agreed. What better place to put Punisher than a Marvel Knights showcase? I wouldn't at all be surprised to see at least cameos by characters like Punisher, Moon Knight, Blade, Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, and Ghost Rider in at least one or two of them, but god knows Frank deserves a Netflix series of his own as well. Jane's self-made fan-movie one-shot a few years ago is proof of that.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Agreed. What better place to put Punisher than a Marvel Knights showcase? I wouldn't at all be surprised to see at least cameos by characters like Punisher, Moon Knight, Blade, Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, and Ghost Rider in at least one or two of them, but god knows Frank deserves a Netflix series of his own as well. Jane's self-made fan-movie one-shot a few years ago is proof of that.
You guys need to let go of Jane returning to the role. That's like Snipes returning as Blade. Ain't gonna happen in this new universe.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #21
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You guys need to let go of Jane returning to the role.
As soon as I get official confirmation they've cast someone else.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #22
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
IMO Punisher works best as the anti-heroic foil to some other lead superhero, the Vegeta to someone's Goku. Or if you're going to make him the lead, you got to have an effective hero antagonist as his foil, like Chuck Dixon said he should've done it back in the 90s.
This is what I'm thinking. I'm not a big Punisher fan, but I keep trying to figure out: what would make a new Punisher film/series better than all the other Punisher adaptations.

And people keep saying: "Well he's unique because he's that typical gritty anti-hero in a superhero world." Okay, cool... how do you *do* that? Do you have Evans, Hemsworth, RDJ and Ruffalo cameo in each episode as guest stars? Do you have people crack Iron Man jokes while he's mowing down mobsters... like... I don't get it. It's not like the MCU has dozens of superheroes and you can just throw one at them. It's got, like 12 guys with codenames, and half of them have zero chance of cameoing anywhere at all.

This is why I think Punisher works better as a guest star. As a solo hero gunning down mobsters with some superheroes you never see, he's typical and derivative. But when Daredevil or Iron Fist is on the case trying to question someone and you have Punisher roll up in the van like 'No, they die tonight." you've got a really cool anti-hero.

So, this suggestion makes a lot of sense. You give him one hero, like Daredevil, and let him play off that guy. If you do a Punisher series, you make sure you have a real bona-fide hero, like a Captain America, or a Spider-Man, coming after him. Obviously not those two, but someone on that level.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #23
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
This is what I'm thinking. I'm not a big Punisher fan, but I keep trying to figure out: what would make a new Punisher film/series better than all the other Punisher adaptations.

And people keep saying: "Well he's unique because he's that typical gritty anti-hero in a superhero world." Okay, cool... how do you *do* that? Do you have Evans, Hemsworth, RDJ and Ruffalo cameo in each episode as guest stars? Do you have people crack Iron Man jokes while he's mowing down mobsters... like... I don't get it. It's not like the MCU has dozens of superheroes and you can just throw one at them. It's got, like 12 guys with codenames, and half of them have zero chance of cameoing anywhere at all.

This is why I think Punisher works better as a guest star. As a solo hero gunning down mobsters with some superheroes you never see, he's typical and derivative. But when Daredevil or Iron Fist is on the case trying to question someone and you have Punisher roll up in the van like 'No, they die tonight." you've got a really cool anti-hero.

So, this suggestion makes a lot of sense. You give him one hero, like Daredevil, and let him play off that guy. If you do a Punisher series, you make sure you have a real bona-fide hero, like a Captain America, or a Spider-Man, coming after him. Obviously not those two, but someone on that level.

Great post...ya'll, the doctor is in.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #24
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
That is a terrible idea, why would the Punisher be forming a team?
It's just that i want a set up for a Marvel Knights movie

Hordakfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #25
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yes, because violent anti-heroes mowing down criminals NEVER works onscreen. Well except for Death Wish, Taken, Dirty Harry, Man on Fire, that Jodie Foster revenge movie, etc.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote