The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
It's so nice in here with something new to talk about. No matter how little it is.
This x1000

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Yeah, it seems like the marketing is going to pick up now... Move aside, Pacific Rim, it's the MOS's turn!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Judging from what the source described, the final trailer isn't heavy on the action scenes. It sounds more story-orientated.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 04-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Judging from what the source described, the final trailer isn't heavy on the action scenes. It sounds more story-orientated.
I was hoping that would be the case.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I think we will get more shots of Zod and action though, but yes, looks to be story-oriented once again.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I was hoping that would be the case.
I'm happy with that as well. Save the money shots for the film.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 04-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #9
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

I predicted as much not long ago. If true it's a bit of a gamble on WB's part, but then again they seem to be doing quite a bit of that with their strategy. Hopefully it works out for the best. Although I'll be slightly disappointed if we don't see even a glimpse of Superman kicking ass. Gotta draw the kids and the action loving crowd AND gotta show people that is a very different Superman than they've seen before. We'll see...

Old 04-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I think we will get more shots of Zod and action though, but yes, looks to be story-oriented once again.
That's the only aspect that bugged me. No dialogue from Zod and limited shots of him in the trailer again.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

The TV spots will likely have more action

Old 04-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
Travesty
Dats right!

I hope the trailer is a 3:20 long slow-mo shot of Superman walking with handcuffs on, while Sarah Mclachlan's Angel song plays in the background, with just a split second shot of Zod, so people know he's in this movie.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #13
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Also, as far as money shots go, this film is supposed to be full of them so two or three in the trailer shouldn't really spoil anything. Just have Superman use his heat vision or have him punch a robot and it's already enough to WOW the audience who've never seen Superman do anything remotely similar. Heck knowing Snyder they could save the biggest money shots for the film and still make a kick ass trailer using the ´´lesser`` ones.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #14
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Also, as far as money shots go, this film is supposed to be full of them so two or three in the trailer shouldn't really spoil anything. Just have Superman use his heat vision or have him punch a robot and it's already enough to WOW the audience who've never seen Superman do anything remotely similar. Heck knowing Snyder they could save the biggest money shots for the film and still make a kick ass trailer using the ´´lesser`` ones.
Agreed

Old 04-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #15
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Clark's childhood can be a big selling point. It gives off relatability.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #16
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

I think it would be cool to get maybe like a last second shot in the trailer of Supes looking like he's getting angry and his eyes heating up or getting red. Like puffing his chest getting angrily ready to blast someone with his heat vision. Then end the trailer right before he unloads!!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #17
batman44
Go Speed GO

VFX Supervisor Joe Letteri On The Most Exciting Thing About Man Of Steel

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/...-man-of-steel/

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

The wait for this movie is pure hell

Old 04-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #19
Marvin
Side-Kick

If you don't wanna see money shots don't watch them, I usually don't. I for one am hoping for a big exciting trailer that says shed your apathy towards this character and property.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #20
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
The wait for this movie is pure hell
Agreed

Old 04-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #21
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
VFX Supervisor Joe Letteri On The Most Exciting Thing About Man Of Steel

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/...-man-of-steel/
Oh boy:

Quote:
They’re sticking to realism as much as possible. Fantastic elements are still there but a lot of it that been trimmed back to make it feel as though this actually happened.
inb4 people start complaining about realism in Superman.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #22
Simo
Side-Kick

CapedWonder didn't have any specifics about action shots in the trailer and really, there's nothing stopping WB releasing a balls-to-the-wall action trailer later next month with The Hangover or something.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

As long as they didn't ´´trim back`` the heat vision I'm game!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #24
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If you don't wanna see money shots don't watch them, I usually don't. I for one am hoping for a big exciting trailer that says shed your apathy towards this character and property.
Agreed. The trailer is not for us anyway, we're already sold. Its for convincing the public, so I hope its a blend of story and seat hugging action ( heavy on the action )

Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #25
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
CapedWonder didn't have any specifics about action shots in the trailer and really, there's nothing stopping WB releasing a balls-to-the-wall action trailer later next month with The Hangover or something.
I think people expecting some huge action trailer are (probably) going to be disappointed. If the last trailer was poorly received then maybe. But since it was pretty well received they will probably continue in that light, just like that trailer was mostly the comic-con one due to no doubt how well it went down there.

I am not expecting WB to do a complete 360 on that, perhaps in fear that they might turn off the people who loved the first trailer. But they are in this for the money so they do need to draw in ´´the other`` crowd. That's why a balance between a story and action heavy trailer is probably what we're getting, and that's cool. But they absolutely must, if not show, at least tease or make some things known. These are the villains and the fact that this Superman is all kinds of badass if you decide to mess with his home planet.

It's funny though, two months ago I would have been annoyed as hell at the idea of them still holding the action back, I would huff and puff and say I've waited too damn long for this. But now, this close to the movie, I actually don't really mind. In fact I hope they hold back a bit. Leave most of the really good parts for the theater to improve the WOM effect. But like I said, one or two big money shots still need to be in the trailer, regardless of that.

Now as far as other promotional material is concerned, like posters, banners, artwork, I want as much as possible and I want it NOW!!! Because that doesn't spoil anything.

Closed Thread