The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #26
X Knight
Straight Edge Soul

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

they don't have to be too heavy on action, but some more shots of Superman flying, running at super speed, heat vision, feats of strength, and/or dancing a killer jazz routine would be nice!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
As long as they didn't ´´trim back`` the heat vision I'm game!
Heat vision is his most realistic power in terms of being solar-powered.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #28
Kevin Smith
Banned User

The action will sell this film, plain and simple. People want to like Superman, they just need a reason to believe he is cool, and seeing him kick ass will do that. Surprise the audience with an awesome story when they arrive.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #29
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Heat vision is his most realistic power in terms of being solar-powered.
Yeah but It might look too goofy with the cinematography Snyder went with and....blah, don't mind me. I have this big fear of no heat vision for quite some time now and nothing but actual footage of it will convince me that it truly is there!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #30
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

They can trim "superspeed" a bit, they can trim frost breath slightly, but if they trim heat vision I will be angry and sad. Throw those slow-mo heat vision shots in, Zack! Not a ton but enough to convey the impact of it.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #31
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
... and/or dancing a killer jazz routine would be nice!!
This. All of this.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #32
echostation
Banned User

The films action scenes are only four if im led to believe. The scenes are few but length is decent althou i hear they have a very matrix meets zach snyder been there done that look. Dont keep your expectations up. Long distance cheesy small cgi flying figures hitting each other like that horribly filmed final fight in matrix revolutions are going to bee seen here big time to make it look "real" from a street person point of view

I did hear abt one great soundiny shot thou of zod flying right into supes but supes catches him him by his suit, spins/rotates him around mid air high above the ground like a judo throw and hurls him really hard and fast right below him smashing him into the ground. Then as a follow up supes does a massive flying downward groundstop and smashes zod with his feet causing a mini crator and leveling the surrounding 3-4 buildings from the shock of the impact

Old 04-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #33
X Knight
Straight Edge Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
This. All of this.

Superman to Zod: "I will defeat you with.............JAZZ HANDS!!"
Zod: ""

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #34
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
The films action scenes are only four if im led to believe. The scenes are few but length is decent althou i hear they have a very matrix meets zach snyder been there done that look. Dont keep your expectations up. Long distance cheesy small cgi flying figures hitting each other like that horribly filmed final fight in matrix revolutions are going to bee seen here big time to make it look "real" from a street person point of view

I did hear abt one great soundiny shot thou of zod flying right into supes but supes catches him him by his suit, spins/rotates him around mid air high above the ground like a judo throw and hurls him really hard and fast right below him smashing him into the ground. Then as a follow up supes does a massive flying downward groundstop and smashes zod with his feet causing a mini crator and leveling the surrounding 3-4 buildings from the shock of the impact
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #35
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Dancing.. like this?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

As for the action, I also don't think there will be a TON of it, but the action we do get will probably be intense and breathtaking.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #36
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I don't know if this has been posted here before but SFX's new issue will be completely Man of Steel dedicated. On sale May 1

Old 04-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #37
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Well I'm totally going to have to buy that issue aren't I ?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #38
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
I don't know if this has been posted here before but SFX's new issue will be completely Man of Steel dedicated. On sale May 1
If true that's a fast track purchase for me.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 04-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #39
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Cowabunga! Now we're talking!

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #40
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

From that FB fan page:

Exclusive Man of Steel behind the scenes, interviews, photos and more in SFX magazine Issue 235, and it will be available from news agents May 1. We will post more when it becomes available. Issue contents were confirmed.

In case that they do debut the trailer at the end of the month, I just hope that these 3 weeks go by fast and that we get something good from now to then. Really hope the EW issue will be on schedule with the past examples and show us the cover next week. If not, I'll be mad, MAD I tell you!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #41
X Knight
Straight Edge Soul

Quote:
Awesome!! I'll be on the look out for this!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #42
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
From that FB fan page:

Exclusive Man of Steel behind the scenes, interviews, photos and more in SFX magazine Issue 235, and it will be available from news agents May 1. We will post more when it becomes available. Issue contents were confirmed.

In case that they do debut the trailer at the end of the month, I just hope that these 3 weeks go by fast and that we get something good from now to then. Really hope the EW issue will be on schedule with the past examples and show us the cover next week. If not, I'll be mad, MAD I tell you!
If EW remains on schedule then wouldn't that put a potential MOS issue within the same week as the 75th anniversary...

Old 04-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #43
Marvin
Side-Kick

As long as Snyder can keep the action from looking cgi rubbery, I'm down. When snyder has people doing fighting, things get pretty great(see Roarsach), but when he get's into cgi replacement things get fickle.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #44
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
If EW remains on schedule then wouldn't that put a potential MOS issue within the same week as the 75th anniversary...
Yes. And that would mean the issue would be out next Friday and the cover would be revealed next Wednesday because EW comes out a week in advance.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #45
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

The drought looks to be quickly filling with water !

Old 04-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #46
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I already mentioned the SFX issue a few days ago but didn't know about the behind the scenes stuff

Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #47
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

How reliable is this source that claims the next trailer won't have much action?

Quote:
MOS's promotional overdrive...IT"S COMING!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #48
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
How reliable is this source that claims the next trailer won't have much action?
I don't think he said that the trailer won't have much action. It's everyone here that speculates that it won't, based on the vague description we got.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #49
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
I don't think he said that the trailer won't have much action. It's everyone here that speculates that it won't, based on the vague description we got.
Ah. Well then, ho reliable is the guy giving the description?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #50
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Ah. Well then, ho reliable is the guy giving the description?
He's the kind of guy who wouldn't post news unless he had complete faith in it.

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Closed Thread