The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #51
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just saw the guy's description. Not thrilled with it, really. More shots of Superman's various jobs and childhood? A little Zod? Why didn't his source mention any kickass action scenes? I know they'll be there; I hope they're not just variations of the action we've already seen.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #52
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We will seen in a few weeks. its going to be a long wait.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #53
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
The wait for this movie is pure hell
You know what makes it less hell? Fearing your final exams like they're the plague. That'll make you very happy it's not June yet. In a way, I'm more excited for the trailer than for the movie at this point, because once it's all over and the wait for the sequel begins... that's gonna be the real hell.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #54
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAlani View Post
We will seen in a few weeks. its going to be a long wait.
Personally, I think we'll see it next week. Or, more likely we'll see posters with the trailer coming the following week.

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Old 04-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #55
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Next week will be the beginning... I can feel it

Old 04-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #56
JimJimBinks
A friend

The trailer description for the last trailer hit the internet on December 8th, a Saturday. The trailer hit on December 11th. The following Tuesday.

So I really feel as if it's coming VERY soon.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #57
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

Well see you guys in a couple of hours. Off to do some heavy squats at the gym. Peace.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #58
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
The trailer description for the last trailer hit the internet on December 8th, a Saturday. The trailer hit on December 11th. The following Tuesday.

So I really feel as if it's coming VERY soon.
That description came from a theater worker though (and at that time the trailer was already rated so we knew it was coming) and was very detailed. This one is very vague and comes from a supposed WB insiders who saw it in a room somewhere. I'd be willing to bet money we'll see the trailer on 16th at the earliest and 30th at the latest. I still think it's coming with IM3's domestic release and will be online on 30th.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #59
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I just saw the guy's description. Not thrilled with it, really. More shots of Superman's various jobs and childhood? A little Zod? Why didn't his source mention any kickass action scenes? I know they'll be there; I hope they're not just variations of the action we've already seen.
The less they reveal, the more it's going to shock and amaze when everyone sees it for the first time.

The trailer exists merely to give you an IDEA about what you're going to see, and I believe the first trailer did that pretty masterfully. It showed you so much without really showing you anything at all. Planets being destroyed, spaceships, a war waged by Zod against Superman that appears to bring utter destruction to Metropolis. It's pretty safe to say the scale of the movie going to be pretty damn huge. I don't wanna know the specifics. That's what I'm buying a ticket for.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #60
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Where is this description?

Old 04-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #61
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
http://www.facebook.com/CapedWonderSupermanImagery

Old 04-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #62
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
That description came from a theater worker though (and at that time the trailer was already rated so we knew it was coming) and was very detailed. This one is very vague and comes from a supposed WB insiders who saw it in a room somewhere. I'd be willing to bet money we'll see the trailer on 16th at the earliest and 30th at the latest. I still think it's coming with IM3's domestic release and will be online on 30th.
A "WB insider" could have seen it anywhere really. Remember, 42 comes out next Friday and there is a chance, however slight, that it will be attached. It's not rated yet, but that won't stop it from appearing online.
Wanna bet $5?

Old 04-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #63
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

3 Minutes?

Old 04-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #64
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
It's from the caped wonder Facebook page. He's not usually one for hit whoring and I am pretty sure he wouldn't make a claim unless he was 100% sure of its validity.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #65
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
A "WB insider" could have seen it anywhere really. Remember, 42 comes out next Friday and there is a chance, however slight, that it will be attached. It's not rated yet, but that won't stop it from appearing online.
Wanna bet $5?
Hmmm...I would but I usually win bets. I don't wanna this one, so no deal.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #66
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
3 Minutes?
I wouldn't think it was exact or anything. Probably a pretty high estimation.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #67
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I've never seen a 3 minute trailer before.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #68
tomoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
The less they reveal, the more it's going to shock and amaze when everyone sees it for the first time.

The trailer exists merely to give you an IDEA about what you're going to see, and I believe the first trailer did that pretty masterfully. It showed you so much without really showing you anything at all. Planets being destroyed, spaceships, a war waged by Zod against Superman that appears to bring utter destruction to Metropolis. It's pretty safe to say the scale of the movie going to be pretty damn huge. I don't wanna know the specifics. That's what I'm buying a ticket for.
Yeah... but the trailer is supposed to make it so everyone is going to want to see it for the first time. I'm not sure if yet more shots of him being mopey and angsty is going to do it. I hope there's more to the new trailer than just a rehash of the trailers that came before it.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #69
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
3 Minutes?
Yeah 3 minutes sounds off to me. Probably 2:30 or something.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #70
Kevin Smith
Banned User

The 3 minute part I don't get, unless we're all just over analyzing again.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #71
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post

With that line of thinking, prepare for an opening a little greater than that of GI JoeR, that will hopefully hold through into it's second week(which unlike IM3 is full of name competition). Word of mouth works best when the competition is slim(ie james cameron's following weeks, or the weeks after most marvel releases). MoS is opening mid summer.

If MoS literally had Hunger Game's release from last year, I'd be behind this aproach, however it does not.

I'd rather WB put MoS' best foot forward before the fact.

Look at it this way. If all anyone had seen of IM3 was that Dec trailer, it would no doubt still open huge. However if all anyone had seen of MoS is no more than that which has been shown to this point, it would...probably open to embarrassing numbers.
..however word of mouth would be great right.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #72
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
Next week will be the beginning... I can feel it
Isn't that what some of us having been saying for every other week though?lol

Old 04-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #73
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm fine with any type of trailer as long as it's a good trailer but lacking a big selling action moment(s) in a trailer is a huge marketing risk.

The Hunger Games build up trailers worked for that film so it's not impossible to sell your film like that but considering the mixed reception to SR's lack of action I'll say good luck to WB if they mostly leave out the action in their trailers. Assuming the trailer discription is legit.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #74
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Yeah 3 minutes sounds off to me. Probably 2:30 or something.
Warner Bros. just debuted a new trailer for The Great Gatsby that was almost 3 minutes long, well 2 minutes and 50 seconds to be exact with MPAA title card.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #75
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Isn't that what some of us having been saying for every other week though?lol
Yup, but because the latest news, we have at least something to rely on

Closed Thread