The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #101
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
We're nearly at the 2 month countdown mark. A trailer (or trailers) will come out during those 2 months. Posters, TV spots, magazine features, tie-ins and toys will come out. Within a 2 month period. Compared to this dry spell, it'll be like all of our birthdays all at the same time... for 2 months.
hahah. i forgot. i know that MOS is a june movie. but for some reason i was thinking about the dark knight and transformers trailers.

this makes it even more funny. WB you are great

Old 04-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #102
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
Too much indeed.

At the time someone made a 25 minutes preview using only the marketing footage of TASM, it was a short version of the film.
I like Spidey, I was a big fan of the first two Raimi films, but at a certain point I started blocking out the marketing materials for TASM precisely because it started to feel overdone, and I think the fan-made 25 minute compilation preview supports that. I'd rather MOS torture the fans for a few months than lessen the impact of all the cool stuff the movie has to offer.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #103
Marvin
Side-Kick

Love it or hate it(or just enjoy it in my case). This spring Transformers 3 trailer(especially towards the end there) really get's buts in seats. Especially on the alien invasion theme.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I'll say this much, the first TF3 trailer was pretty "pensive" though they did make a splash with at the super bowl.

Also, WB did get burned throwing the kitchen sick at marketing Green Lantern.

Time will tell. I don't care when it comes, I just hope it hit's the right buttons.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #104
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
3 Minutes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I've never seen a 3 minute trailer before.
3 minute trailers are rare, but they do exist.. don't they? Didn't "Titanic" & "Avatar" both have 3 minute long ones???

Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #105
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Maximum length allowed by the MPAA for theatrical trailers is 2:30. They could go long if it's an online-only piece, but the next MOS trailer will go up in theatres (I assume, but why wouldn't it?). I'm guessing the person who saw and described this latest trailer just ballparked the runtime at 3:00 when really it's probably 2:30. Human error.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #106
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

I'm calling Man Of Steel dead on arrival. WB doesn't care. So why should the audience?

Old 04-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #107
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
I'm calling Man Of Steel dead on arrival. WB doesn't care. So why should the audience?
I think you are misreading the situation

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #108
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

Just promote the damn thing.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #109
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
I know right ?
This film is going to flop faster and harder than Superman IV.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #110
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

We've been expecting stuff "next week" for the past 3 weeks or longer....posters, stills, all sorts of stuff. I;m not expecting anything except a movie on June 14th....and I'm even starting to doubt that since I haven't seen anything about it in months. Maybe they cancelled it for all I know!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #111
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I can only imagine on what it'll be like for some people if April gives us nothing, no new live action shots or clips.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #112
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

If it's the Siegels holding it up, than they need to stop.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #113
GreenKToo
In the fire

There is no.........film.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #114
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Guys did you heard about that new Superman film coming out this summer?

Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #115
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

So I've heard...but I'm not so sure now

Old 04-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #116
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

I would hop on the bandwagon, but the truth is that all it takes is a cool trailer and a good batch of pics to make me eat my words. What bugs me is not the quality of the marketing, but the lack of consideration on behalf of those guys, as dumb and naive as that may sound. Marvel, while knowing it will ultimately do nothing for the b.o. numbers, releases early concept art of IM3, GOTG and the Falcon, while DC surely knows that there are a bunch of people biting their nails, but they just don't care. Would a good shot of Zod ruin/spoil the movie? Even something as worthless as Marc Webb's tweeted production photos would keep people happy enough. But they don't give an eff. I mean, you don't HAVE to offer the gardener a glass of limonade. You do it because it's nice. Be nice, WB.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #117
Torrente
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I would hop on the bandwagon, but the truth is that all it takes is a cool trailer and a good batch of pics to make me eat my words. What bugs me is not the quality of the marketing, but the lack of consideration on behalf of those guys, as dumb and naive as that may sound. Marvel, while knowing it will ultimately do nothing for the b.o. numbers, releases early concept art of IM3, GOTG and the Falcon, while DC surely knows that there are a bunch of people biting their nails, but they just don't care. Would a good shot of Zod ruin/spoil the movie? Even something as worthless as Marc Webb's tweeted production photos would keep people happy enough. But they don't give an eff. I mean, you don't HAVE to offer the gardener a glass of limonade. You do it because it's nice. Be nice, WB.

Bravo!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #118
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:

what bugs me is certain Facebook fanpages saying that this month and that month is when WB will start their heavy promotion and then we don't get squat! And this boggles my mind....sorry for putting the guy on blast but hey....they don't even know how is doing the movie!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #119
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
I hope WB reads this

Old 04-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #120
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I've never seen a 3 minute trailer before.
Here's a nearly four minute one.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #121
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Right there with you.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #122
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Well said

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #123
Kevin Smith
Banned User

edit

Old 04-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #124
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

They've taken this "less is more" approach way too far. The saying is "less is more" -- not "nothing is more".

Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #125
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

So many of you would have not survived life in my younger days.....sad.....real sad.....

Closed Thread