Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #51
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Default Re: Confession is good for the Hype. - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
I confess that I am sucking on a Magnum Gold.

I confess I thought of Magnum P.I. and that needs to be the candy's name now.

Just imaaaaaaagine the Tom Shelleck tv ads.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #52
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Well it's over, what a mess it was. Sticky with cream everywhere.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #53
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Well it's over, what a mess it was. Sticky with cream everywhere.

that....doens't sound right.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #54
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

I am definitely satisfied, like in the commercials.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #55
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

I confess that I am overjoyed that braincrusher has accepted my friend request. HE LIVES!

Old 04-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #56
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I confess that I nearly had a mental breakdown today. Things haven't been all that great for me since I graduated last year, and I feel like all of the pressure from my family to get a job and be "successful" has taken a big toll on me, especially since I'm hard enough on myself. But I had a big blowup today with my mom after an incident in an attempt to finally make her see that I've been suffering, and it only made her think I was crazy and "need help".

Old 04-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #57
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I confess that I nearly had a mental breakdown today. Things haven't been all that great for me since I graduated last year, and I feel like all of the pressure from my family to get a job and be "successful" has taken a big toll on me, especially since I'm hard enough on myself. But I had a big blowup today with my mom after an incident in an attempt to finally make her see that I've been suffering, and it only made her think I was crazy and "need help".

Was it self injury?

Old 04-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #58
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Was it self injury?
No I would never do that. It was really dumb, but basically my mom asked me to go to the store with her, and even though I told her I had my own plans to run some errands, I said I'd put those aside and would go with her. But after I said I wanted to use the bathroom first, she started yelling at me and pushing me to hurry up until she decided she would go without me. So I decided to run my errands, only to get a call from her telling me to get back home so I can help her carry some heavy boxes upstairs. I left everything I was buying at the store and rushed back home, only to find some guys helped her carry everything.

But she was on the phone with my brother complaining about me and that was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, because she always talks bad about me and pretty much expects me to put all of my stuff to the side just to please her, and that gets me frustrated because I'm trying to do things on my own but she always finds some way to get in the way and make things harder for me. Not to mention she always expects me to be a man, but still talks to me like I'm not even a human being. We started yelling at each other and I started to get really frustrated because she's never tried to have a conversation with me so that we could just talk. Even when I try to talk to her about my problems, she tries to turn it into me being crazy, or that I need to go to church and treat her better or something, and it really is like talking to a wall.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #59
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
No I would never do that. It was really dumb, but basically my mom asked me to go to the store with her, and even though I told her I had my own plans to run some errands, I said I'd put those aside and would go with her. But after I said I wanted to use the bathroom first, she started yelling at me and pushing me to hurry up until she decided she would go without me. So I decided to run my errands, only to get a call from her telling me to get back home so I can help her carry some heavy boxes upstairs. I left everything I was buying at the store and rushed back home, only to find some guys helped her carry everything.

But she was on the phone with my brother complaining about me and that was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, because she always talks bad about me and pretty much expects me to put all of my stuff to the side just to please her, and that gets me frustrated because I'm trying to do things on my own but she always finds some way to get in the way and make things harder for me. Not to mention she always expects me to be a man, but still talks to me like I'm not even a human being. We started yelling at each other and I started to get really frustrated because she's never tried to have a conversation with me so that we could just talk. Even when I try to talk to her about my problems, she tries to turn it into me being crazy, or that I need to go to church and treat her better or something, and it really is like talking to a wall.

You lost me here. How did you come off as crazy? You come off as sane.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #60
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
You lost me here. How did you come off as crazy? You come off as sane.
It was just the intensity of the shouting match between me and my mom. It really left me feeling drained and I almost wanted to cry because of it. I've been kinda depressed lately and I've been trying to get out it on my own since I know I can't rely on my family to help or even try to understand how I'm feeling. I tried to communicate this to her, but in my frustration, things only got worse.

I told her part of the reason why I haven't been looking for a job lately is because there's something holding me back. Something I still can't understand, but its like a mental block that keeps me from even trying. But like I said, my mom never talks to me, and she always skews certain stories to make herself look like a victim, so in her eyes, and everyone else, I come across as crazy.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #61
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
It was just the intensity of the shouting match between me and my mom. It really left me feeling drained and I almost wanted to cry because of it. I've been kinda depressed lately and I've been trying to get out it on my own since I know I can't rely on my family to help or even try to understand how I'm feeling. I tried to communicate this to her, but in my frustration, things only got worse.

I told her part of the reason why I haven't been looking for a job lately is because there's something holding me back. Something I still can't understand, but its like a mental block that keeps me from even trying. But like I said, my mom never talks to me, and she always skews certain stories to make herself look like a victim, so in her eyes, and everyone else, I come across as crazy.
Tell her employers aren't too keen(?) on hiring anybody who has been outta the work force for 6 moths or longer, no matter if they were in school or what. And that the youth unemployment here is crappy.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #62
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
I confess that I am overjoyed that braincrusher has accepted my friend request. HE LIVES!
Great news

I confess, when I cough, my head hurts like my brains plans to burst out

Old 04-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #63
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Tell her employers aren't too keen(?) on hiring anybody who has been outta the work force for 6 moths or longer, no matter if they were in school or what. And that the youth unemployment here is crappy.
This would only work if she had any idea of how the world worked. Every now and then she asks me "Why don't you become a doctor?" as if that's something that I can do overnight without any training or schooling.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #64
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
This would only work if she had any idea of how the world worked. Every now and then she asks me "Why don't you become a doctor?" as if that's something that I can do overnight without any training or schooling.

Well....at least you don't lose it when you see a bug -_-...the mantis.

-_- I was on MSN.com and they like to get me. This time it was in one of those 7 main articles. The ones where you can hit pause or flip forward. Leaf bug vs Mantis.

-_- needless to say I hallucinated for about a minute. Just seeing manties. -_- I tried to pick up Roku box -_-....but eyes kept seeing Mantis head.

-_- I bet if I did weed, I would just trip out and see human size mantises.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #65
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:

Stop trying to please her, because you never will. I know it's hard because she's your mom and you always want to look for her approval, but doing so will eventually rip you apart. No matter what you do, it won't be good enough. Ever. Just say "screw it" and do what you want.

Quote:
I told her part of the reason why I haven't been looking for a job lately is because there's something holding me back. Something I still can't understand, but its like a mental block that keeps me from even trying.
Then don't make it dependent on your getting past your mental block. Give yourself a physical goal - get a job and save up enough money so you can move out. It doesn't even have to do with your major. Money is money at this point. You can't get out from under her thumb until you get out from under her roof.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #66
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I confess I'm out of shape and my triceps are killin' me after doing some machine exercises for my back and shoulders

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #67
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

I confess that I never lift.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #68
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

After watching the GE Matrix commercial, I now wish another Matrix film was in the works.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #69
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Our couch squatter ****ed around with our futon until he completely broke it, and gouged holes in our wall while he was at it, so I just sprayed spit all over the mattress where he's gonna be sleeping tonight.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 04-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #70
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Our couch squatter ****ed around with our futon until he completely broke it, and gouged holes in our wall while he was at it, so I just sprayed spit all over the mattress where he's gonna be sleeping tonight.

That's just awful!

Last edited by Piper Maru; 04-21-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Well you never know.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #71
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post

Kick him out.

or beat his ass in a video game, then kick him out.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #72
Bruce Banner
Functional, but hammered.

I confess that I have a hard time trusting people, both family or friends, I have a lot of them, but I never put myself in a position to have to trust them/ have faith in them or know major stuff about me.

The woman I'm seeing lives less that a mile from me and I always dodge the subject. I just turned 25 and only one friend after all these years knows where I live and met my family. It just makes things more simple for me.

avy by Kane52630
Old 04-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #73
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

edit.

Last edited by The Squirrel; 04-22-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #74
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Stop trying to please her, because you never will. I know it's hard because she's your mom and you always want to look for her approval, but doing so will eventually rip you apart. No matter what you do, it won't be good enough. Ever. Just say "screw it" and do what you want.
I'd say that at this point, I'm not even trying to please her or get her approval. I'm just trying to do whatever I can to help out. A few months ago she went to the doctor and they gave her a letter saying she was "partially disabled" and shouldn't lift more than 20lbs. So yesterday, I wanted to help because I know how she is, she will try to do everything herself and then she'll strain herself and spend the rest of the day complaining. So in that sense, I'm just trying to do what I can to look after her.

Then there's also the issue of knowing how she overreacts if I don't help. Just today she had a similar argument with my brother where he yelled at her for the same things I was saying and she started to cry. The only difference is that I still live with her, so if I do something wrong, she'll threaten me in some way.
Quote:
Then don't make it dependent on your getting past your mental block. Give yourself a physical goal - get a job and save up enough money so you can move out. It doesn't even have to do with your major. Money is money at this point. You can't get out from under her thumb until you get out from under her roof.
I definitely know its time to get out and that's definitely a goal of mine, but I kinda had to learn a lesson about credit cards the hard way, so I have a lot of debts to pay off first. I was actually doing some paintings for some friends and made enough money to help me get by for a while. I've been considering doing that full time, but there's still part of me that feels like that isn't what I'm supposed to be doing and I almost feel like majoring in Art was a bad idea. But I have been saving and putting money away on the side.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #75
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

I confess that whenever I eat french fries, I hardly ever put ketchup on them.