The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 04-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
BigCityBoy
Side-Kick

Default Super Soldier Serum

Maybe the wrong forum for this question but I figured I would get a response quicker since these boards are alive. Anyway, y'all remember in "The Incredible Hulk" when Blonsky was injected with the super soldier serum, y'all noticed that he didn't grow taller after taking it but Steven Rogers did in the first Captain America? Why was that? Am I missing something?

Last edited by BigCityBoy; 04-10-2014 at 05:03 PM.
BigCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Default Re: Super Soldier Serum

I could be wrong here but that is a totally different serum right?

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
PunyGod
Side-Kick

Last edited by PunyGod; 04-17-2014 at 11:55 AM.
PunyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
DN91
Legendary Outlaw

We can also assume that whatever gave the Winter Soldier his abilities (aside from his metal arm) was also based on the SSS.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I actually think that probably was the serum, or close enough to it. Why didn't Blonsky grow taller? Because he was already full grown without any medical condition restricting his physique. Simple as that.

( So why does everyone act like attempts to recover the serum have been a failure? Because nobody has realized how direly important picking the right candidate is for getting a super soldier who isn't insane or evil. )

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunyGod View Post
Steve Rogers is the only person to get the fully working Super Soldier serum. All of the others were failed attempts at replicating it. That includes Blonksy and Banner. Red Skull may have gotten the serum before it was perfected and/or it disfigured him because he was evil.
It's funny how these things work.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #7
yllum
Side-Kick

I feel that whatever they gave bucky works fine!! He is actually awesome and can run fast like steve, quite strong like steve too.
Him losing is memory is not a side effect of serum.
So I say hydra pretty much succeed in their attempt to recreate the serum

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Well, my theory is that Steve's growth was stunted by one of his numerous diseases (a lot were from his childhood). So his emaciated appearance could be from all those illnesses. Seems to me like he had some immune system deficiency.

The SSS likely cured him of all disorders and regenerated his body to its natural genetic potential, which is why he grew tall, but not taller than an average human.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
I feel that whatever they gave bucky works fine!! He is actually awesome and can run fast like steve, quite strong like steve too.
Him losing is memory is not a side effect of serum.
So I say hydra pretty much succeed in their attempt to recreate the serum

While he was fast and strong, I'm pretty sure Cap was on a higher level. He beat him both times they fought, and Bucky was a capable fighter even before he was modified, whereas Steve was...yknow.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #10
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Also, most of Bucky's enhanced strength was due to his bionic arm, I think.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:12 AM   #11
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
While he was fast and strong, I'm pretty sure Cap was on a higher level. He beat him both times they fought, and Bucky was a capable fighter even before he was modified, whereas Steve was...yknow.
Yup I totally agree with u..if steve is level 10 on strength, speed and agility.. bucky - winter soldier would be level 8. Of course his metal arm is defintely on steve's level..perhaps even better.

But at least the serum work awesome! You know what I meant? There is no side effect of turning into someone with burned skull or some weird deform monster. Hahah

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:24 AM   #12
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

I've always thought that the US government tried to reproduce Captain America after WWII.

If you'll look at the canister the serum is in, it says Dr. Reinstein.

Dr. Reinstein was the original name for the Erskine character, but it was later retconned to an alias.

In the MCU it could be those were two different characters, with REinstein coming in later to recreate the serum, his version being the one used on Blonsky.

It could also explain why Tony had a version of Cap's SHIELD while Steve was still iced.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote