The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #251
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Can't believe the absurd arguments that happen on this message board at times. I swear it seems like a couple of posters are honestly crying over this. lol
I'm not crying. I am pointing out why that outfit isn't a Captain America outfit though. And there is probably a good reason why he's wearing it in this film, and he'll go back to his traditional suit at some point. I just hope it is during this film, not all they way out to Avengers 2.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #252
ctsketch
Side-Kick

"Barnes and Rogers fought to drive the Red Skull from his body and succeeded in doing so. Rogers considered retirement from the role and allowed Barnes to continue operating as Captain America, thinking that there should not be two formal active Captain Americas."

Old 04-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #253
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Okay then, explain how the fact that someone else was acting as Cap at the time wasn't the main reason?
Again, if you read the comics, you would understand. Steve was going through a ton of stuff in his life. He didn't feel as if he could be Captain America anymore. He wanted to be done with it, and let Bucky continue on as Cap. Then the Pres had other plans for Steve, and Steve reluctantly agreed and that's how he because Steve Rodgers Super Soldier with that new outfit.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #254
James_Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
It's not absurd, you don't read the comics. If you don't read them, then you don't know the difference, and do not understand why many readers would not want this outfit to be his Captain America outfit. It's a great, almost perfect Super Solider outfit, but it's not a Captain American outfit. Again, I hope this is just one of a few outfits he has in the film, and I think that will be the case. It definitely makes sense with the way the story seems to be going, with Nick Fury also being gone and such.
For the last time, why does it have an A on the helmet?

Old 04-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #255
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
"Barnes and Rogers fought to drive the Red Skull from his body and succeeded in doing so. Rogers considered retirement from the role and allowed Barnes to continue operating as Captain America, thinking that there should not be two formal active Captain Americas."
Yes, you can copy from wikipedia, or the Marvel description page... so can anyone else... that doesn't describe the entire situation, nor does it describe what Steve was going through that drove his choices.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #256
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Smith View Post
How many times do I have to reply to this... because the helmet is the only change...

Old 04-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #257
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Alright, alright guys. This will hopefully be my final statement (Probably not ) on this issue just so we're clear. This movie is about Captain America because Steve Rogers will always be Captain America to me. But I, myself will never be able to see the particular suit that's being used as the Captain America suit. I will look at it as the Agent/Commander Rogers suit because that's the only thing I can identify it as. That's what I see when I look at it. Similar to how Iron Man has different names for his armors.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #258
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Looks like a Captain America suit to me, I don't see the big deal.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #259
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, you can copy from wikipedia, or the Marvel description page... so can anyone else... that doesn't describe the entire situation, nor does it describe what Steve was going through that drove his choices.
Sooo you're saying because he wears this modified outfit in the film he's decided not to be captain America anymore?

Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #260
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Looks like a Captain America suit to me.
Well good for you then. In fact, good for every one who can. It sure makes it easier doesn't it?

Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #261
ctsketch
Side-Kick

or actually interesting...maybe he DOES decided not to be Captain America for a portion of this film...would be an interesting story...

Old 04-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #262
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Alright, alright guys. This will hopefully be my final statement (Probably not )
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Well good for you then. In fact, good for every one who can. It sure makes it easier doesn't it?
that didn't take long

Old 04-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #263
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
For America.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #264
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Alright, alright guys. This will hopefully be my final statement (Probably not ) on this issue just so we're clear. This movie is about Captain America because Steve Rogers will always be Captain America to me. But I, myself will never be able to see the particular suit that's being used as the Captain America suit. I will look at it as the Agent/Commander Rogers suit because that's the only thing I can identify it as. That's what I see when I look at it. Similar to how Iron Man has different names for his armors.
Exactly, same thing for when I look at Steve in any other suit. He's been Nomad, he's been The Captain, Steve Rogers SS, etc... But he wasn't Captain American when wearing those suits.

Again, same is said for characters who have changed personas through out the years, such as Dick Grayson, Bucky Barnes, Jean Grey, etc...

Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #265
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
that didn't take long
I meant my final statement on my opinion of the suit. Not my final statement in this thread.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #266
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Actually, disconnecting your expectation that the MCU has to be word for word like the comics will make life a lot easier.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #267
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Actually, disconnecting your expectation that the MCU has to be word for word like the comics will make life a lot easier.
That's not my expectation. I'm far from a purist.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #268
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sooo you're saying because he wears this modified outfit in the film he's decided not to be captain America anymore?
quite possibly... that's happened in the comics before many time. When Steve disagreed with the US government and went off on his own... maybe that's happening here. Who knows... we do know that Fury is also gone as well... these things could be tied together... who knows... not enough info yet to know. But there sure is a LOT going on in this film!

Old 04-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #269
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Man, you sound like a broken record in this thread.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #270
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
I am pointing out why that outfit isn't a Captain America outfit though. And there is probably a good reason why he's wearing it in this film, and he'll go back to his traditional suit at some point. I just hope it is during this film, not all they way out to Avengers 2.
No, you're pointing out why a costume in the comic is not a Captain America costume. That doesn't necessarily mean the same thing here. It's clearly very different from both the Captain America and Super Soldier costumes, but it has elements of both, but clearly some of those elements strongly suggest that it is a Captain America costume.

The movies are clearly not the comics and them adapting elements from the Super Soldier costume doesn't mean they're adapting that alternate superhero name or storyline either. Acting like it is and talking down to others just comes across like you're desperately trying to explain it away.

Quote:
I'm not crying.
You're crying a bit.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #271
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
I meant my final statement on my opinion of the suit. Not my final statement in this thread.
err you replied to someone's opinion on the suit, nice try

Old 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #272
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
I didn't ignore it, I didn't even see it. But now that I went back and looked, I don't even understand what you were trying to say.
Lol. Yet you understood it when I used the Nick Fury jr. in Commander Rogers' old outfit comparison...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I love how the absence of a specific costume item somehow changes a character's name.
Quote:
The name and the costume go hand in hand. Why else did Bucky become Captain America when he put on the uniform? Why didn't he just call himself Bucky still? Same thing with Dick Grayson when he became Batman. He could have stayed Robin. Why did Hank Pym become Yellowjacket when he changed his costume to the Yellowjacket costume? Why did Hawkeye become Ronin? Why was Ms. Marvel Binary?

Costumes and names just go hand in hand, it's as simple as that.
^^If costumes and names go hand in hand like you seem to think then since US Agent wears Steve's old The Captain uniform, his name should be The Captain and not US Agent.

Of course none of your comic book examples really make any sense compared to what they seem to be doing with the movie...and they have no bearing on what goes on in the movies anyway, which is the main point several of us have been making.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
Old 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #273
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Not criticizing it at all, I looked at that pic and went..."oh hey, that's Captain America."

I don't care too much about suits and costumes.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #274
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I'm just not sure I like where they are taking the uniform for this movie, just like many didn't like how they went about doing the uniform in TFA and TA. It's really a matter of opinion on why some don't like the concept that got released and they're stating their reasons for that opinion.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #275
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Closed Thread