The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #151
peterparker0077
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 1,507
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
But that is A captain america suit. maybe not the most publicly recognisable, but comics fans know it from the comics during what was, to my knowledge, a beloved run on the character.
No, it's NOT a captain america suit. Just like this isn't a Winter Soldier suit.


Steve was never Captain America when wearing the Super Soldier suit.

peterparker0077 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #152
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,718
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
He's still Captain America. That suit has red, white, blue, a white star, and he still has his shield. I don't think people will confuse him for Captain Mali.
Are those your only requirements for a Captain America costume? He has no striped midsection, the suit barely has any red, his gloves and boots are brown, which was okay in WWII but not modern day, there's no white sleeves of any kind...

That said, I think this is only a temporary uniform. Or rather, a uniform specific for the events of this film.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #153
peterparker0077
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 1,507
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
I know it's a little bit early for guesses, but my guess is he'll be wearing the Captain Rogers while he's "looking for answers" (figuring out the whole Bucky thing) and then for the finale he'll wear a classic Cap outfit.
This is my guess, and my hope as well.

I think Steve is still not on great terms with Shield after the events of Avengers, and since Shield gave him that uniform, maybe he's stepping back from it for a bit to sort through things more before returning to the classic suit.

peterparker0077 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #154
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,281
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

I love it. And glad the chinstrap is back.

Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #155
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
I don't think this is unrecognizeable as Captain America. The only thing it is missing is the stripes on the midsection.
exactly...did superman stop being superman because he lost his red undies?

ctsketch is online now  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #156
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===
 
kaijunexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,412
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
I know it's a little bit early for guesses, but my guess is he'll be wearing the Captain Rogers while he's "looking for answers" (figuring out the whole Bucky thing) and then for the finale he'll wear a classic Cap outfit.
Man, do I hope so!

__________________
Phase 1 >>> IM - TIH - IM2 - Thor - CA: TFA - The Avengers
Phase 2 >>> IM3 - Thor: TDW - AoS - Agent Carter - CA: TWS - GotG - Avengers: Age of Ultron
Phase 3 >>> Ant-Man - Daredevil - Jessica Jones - Luke Cage - Iron Fist - The Defenders

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is online now  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #157
M-2
Ultimate BAMF
 
M-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 671
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

I think the suit works. Maybe going "The Captain" route in terms of the overall look of the suit, maybe it just represents Cap working closely with SHIELD, since they really all he has left. The Avengers dont have there own base yet, so maybe this is just is own SHIELD type uniform? A Modern Military look. As opposed to the stars and stripes?

or it could just be the directors wanting to tone down the suit to fit within the parameters of a political thriller.

__________________
In the End, You Will Always Kneel...

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
M-2 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #158
James_Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 150
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
"People might just need a little old fashioned."
You missed the first half of the quote: "Everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old fashioned."

Those events are over. The battle was won. People saw Captain America in his traditional attire as a visible symbol of hope (i.e. of victory in war) whilst fighting against Loki and the Chitauri - but they were defeated.

It makes no sense for him to continue wearing that (deliberately outlandish) outfit for day-to-day SHIELD missions.


Last edited by James_Smith; 04-11-2013 at 12:32 PM.
James_Smith is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #159
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,718
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
exactly...did superman stop being superman because he lost his red undies?
The red undies are the least important and least liked aspect of his costume though. Supes losing the red undies is more comparable to Cap losing the wings on his cowl/helmet.

Superman would stop being superman if he didn't have his cape. If his boots, cape and chest symbol were pink instead of red. If he had short sleeves instead of long sleeves.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #160
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,281
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Smith View Post
You missed the first half of the quote: "Everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old fashioned."

Those events are over. The battle was won. People saw Captain America in his traditional attire as a visible symbol of hope (i.e. of victory in war) whilst fighting against Loki and the Chitauri - but they were defeated.

It makes no sense for him to continue wearing that (deliberately outlandish) outfit for day-to-day SHIELD missions.
Word

Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #161
OB12
Side-Kick
 
OB12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,195
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
The red undies are the least important and least liked aspect of his costume though. Supes losing the red undies is more comparable to Cap losing the wings on his cowl/helmet.

Superman would stop being superman if he didn't have his cape. If his boots, cape and chest symbol were pink instead of red. If he had short sleeves instead of long sleeves.
There is some hyperbole here. They are not really changing any of Cap's primary color scheme. Literally the only thing that he is missing in this costume is the striped midsection.

OB12 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #162
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,191
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

It's just a first look, but I'm liking the Captain Rogers suit. Only one gripe: the pants need to be much tighter, like Cap's Avengers uniform. Other than that, it's great.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #163
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,585
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
There is some hyperbole here. They are not really changing any of Cap's primary color scheme. Literally the only thing that he is missing in this costume is the striped midsection.
But those are still a big part of the overall uniform's look. Take those away and it's his Steve Rogers, Super Soldier look, not really so CA. I could deal with this uniform if it's one of the couple he dons in the movie and this is a look he took shortly after TA while working for SHIELD but changes to something more CA-ish for the finale.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #164
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
The red undies are the least important and least liked aspect of his costume though. Supes losing the red undies is more comparable to Cap losing the wings on his cowl/helmet.

Superman would stop being superman if he didn't have his cape. If his boots, cape and chest symbol were pink instead of red. If he had short sleeves instead of long sleeves.
touche`

ctsketch is online now  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #165
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,718
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
There is some hyperbole here. They are not really changing any of Cap's primary color scheme. Literally the only thing that he is missing in this costume is the striped midsection.
Yeah, and the striped midsection is the main thing I want on his costume. That and the red boots and gloves. It's the only problem I had with his WWII costume.

But anyway, I'm pretty sure this suit isn't meant to replace his traditional suit. It's a suit that was made for his affiliation with SHIELD.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #166
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

As awesome as I think that concept art is I think a lot of people are going to want to red and white mid drift at least

ctsketch is online now  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #167
BoredGuy
Killing Time
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the future past
Posts: 3,213
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
There is some hyperbole here. They are not really changing any of Cap's primary color scheme. Literally the only thing that he is missing in this costume is the striped midsection.

Well, there's no white, and very little red, that's a color change if ya ask me

as for the superman thing, I personally think the suit sucks without the shorts, way too blah, but I guess that's just me

__________________
MOVIE STUDIO BATTING AVERAGES:
MARVEL- .800 WB- .412 FOX- .400 SONY- .429


BoredGuy is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #168
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,281
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Its the same reason why I like the TASM suit over the one they're using for TASM 2. Sure TASM 2 is more true to the look in the comics. But I like when a movie kinda takes these liberties. Gives us something new to look at.

Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #169
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 15,456
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
No, it's NOT a captain america suit. Just like this isn't a Winter Soldier suit.


Steve was never Captain America when wearing the Super Soldier suit.
Okay, but its still a suit Cap Steve Rogers wore.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
in the midnight hour she cried mo mo moa
With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #170
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
It's just a first look, but I'm liking the Captain Rogers suit. Only one gripe: the pants need to be much tighter, like Cap's Avengers uniform. Other than that, it's great.
You just want to check out dat ass!

ctsketch is online now  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #171
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,959
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youkaisama View Post
Hey guys. I'm not here a lot, but I found something that might interest you guys.

It's the design for Cap's new suit in Winter Soldier.

You can see from the watermark where i got it from.
The style is similar to previous concept arts we got from CATFA and Thor, so it looks pretty legit to me.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Exactly the suit I asked for: the Agent Rogers suit with Cap helmet. Marvel knows what they're doing. He'll probably go back to the traditional suit in the Avengers 2.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #172
OB12
Side-Kick
 
OB12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,195
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Well, there's no white, and very little red, that's a color change if ya ask me

as for the superman thing, I personally think the suit sucks without the shorts, but I guess that's just me
The star and stripes on the chest are going to be white. They maybe could've found a way to get a little more red in there but I think they will save that for when they combine this with the classic suit for TA2.

OB12 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #173
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 15,456
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Exactly the suit I asked for: the Agent Rogers suit with Cap helmet. Marvel knows what they're doing. He'll probably go back to the traditional suit in the Avengers 2.
most definitely. but for this film, I think this suit works best.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
in the midnight hour she cried mo mo moa
With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #174
James_Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 150
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Are those your only requirements for a Captain America costume? He has no striped midsection, the suit barely has any red, his gloves and boots are brown, which was okay in WWII but not modern day, there's no white sleeves of any kind...
So is Thor not recognizable as Thor because he doesn't have the traditional yellow boots, yellow belt, or indeed any yellow on his costume at all? What makes more sense for a warrior-god: this, or this? Likewise, what makes more sense for a SHIELD operative: this, or this? I think the answer is clear in both instances.

James_Smith is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #175
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,800
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

It might not even be his only suit in this movie. Thor has multiple suits for TDW, and Iron Man of course has multiple suits for his movie(that's a given).

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.