Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #26
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Even in such moments, Superman would be reluctant to do something that could truly hurt or possibly kill someone, even a murderer.
I dont know. if zod killed some folks just because he could, and supes saw it but was unable to stop it, i think he would do whatever it took to prevent zod from doing it again. At least i would hope so.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #27
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
maybe Pacific Rim will also say hello ?
If MoS doubles Rim's BO cume(very possible), I wonder what we and WB will extrapolate about the release dates.

I still think in another universe these dates are swapped.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #28
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I dont know. if zod killed some folks just because he could, and supes saw it but was unable to stop it, i think he would do whatever it took to prevent zod from doing it again. At least i would hope so.
One of Superman's biggest weakness is his compassion. Murder is a last resort to be taken after the last resort. It is like Batman.

Batman has watched the Joker and other villains kill and hurt many, many people. The best way to keep that from happening would probably be to kill these villains, but he doesn't. It goes against morals, his rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If MoS doubles Rim's BO cume(very possible), I wonder what we and WB will extrapolate about the release dates.

If they push this film back anymore, I will blame you and it will not end well.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #29
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why do some seem to want good films to fail? Not that I know if Pacific Rim will be a good movie yet. Obviously I haven't seen it. But Del Toro's track record has been pretty great.
1. i am hyped for PR. its a fanboy movie. i am a fanboy so i am happy
2.PR doesnt need a sequel. if they wrotte a good movie the story will end with some small things open for sequels. when the movie ends i should feel like i saw the best robot movie of all time.
3. del Toro doesnt have a good BO track record
4. quality? some like hellboy movie some dont. Blade was an entertaining movie for del Toro to get into hollywood business. his best movie is Pan's Labyrinth. if there was a god he would direct Hobbit and not peter jackson. i got angry for hobbit. it needed to be a different movie with a different vision. del Toro. if there was a god he would direct Mountain of Madness. if there was a god he would direct superman.

just because i think that some movies will fail that doesnt mean that i hate them. i am not 5 yr old. i am over 10(hahah) which means that i can be hyped for a movie that i think will underperform.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #30
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I think the horse has left the barn as far as the release date is concerned. I'm happy I will have something to see in June.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #31
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
1. i am hyped for PR. its a fanboy movie. i am a fanboy so i am happy
2.PR doesnt need a sequel. if they wrotte a good movie the story will end with some small things open for sequels. when the movie ends i should feel like i saw the best robot movie of all time.
3. del Toro doesnt have a good BO track record
4. quality? some like hellboy movie some dont. Blade was an entertaining movie for del Toro to get into hollywood business. his best movie is Pan's Labyrinth

just because i think that some movie will fail that doesnt mean that i hate them. i am not 5 yr old. i am over 10(hahah) which means that i can be hyped for a movie that i think will underperform.

I understand not thinking something will perform well. I just don't understand the glee in it.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #32
dark_b
Side-Kick

i added more text. something to make Snyder fans angry

Old 04-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #33
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

MOS should have been realesed in december. dont tell me it was Hobbit's time. the movie was rushed and mega expensive. if they needed a summer date it would had to be jul.y

june is an insult. since we know what happens to a lot of june movies. from other studios and WB

Old 04-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #34
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
One of Superman's biggest weakness is his compassion. Murder is a last resort to be taken after the last resort. It is like Batman.

Batman has watched the Joker and other villains kill and hurt many, many people. The best way to keep that from happening would probably be to kill these villains, but he doesn't. It goes against morals, his rules.

If they push this film back anymore, I will blame you and it will not end well.
Oh im not saying he should kill zod, but i have no problem with him injuring him with a shot of heatvision. I dnt want to see him kill either.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Still not feeling Pacific Rim.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #36
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Well a movie being popular online doesn't mean anything though.
Exactly. I would bet all of Man Of Steels online measurables will be high, so they will likely not be overly useful in gauging anticipation.

The 2nd trailer DOES have an extremely high number of views, though. Even for a film which was promoted on the front page of youtube the day it premiered (as was Hangover 3, which also has a TON of views), it has steadily added 40-60k views a day ever since. That is an excellent amount. It's a complex thing to measure. Anticipation begins with the fans - if they're not excited, nobody is. But at the same time, them being excited does not mean the general public is.

Imo, being objective, however - MOS trailer 2 was NAILED. It's among the very best teasers I have ever seen. See so much to get excited about, while learning and seeing so little at the same time.

R.I.P. Heath

Last edited by Excel; 04-09-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #37
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I understand not thinking something will perform well. I just don't understand the glee in it.
There is no glee coming from my end. I'm more pissed at the bad trailer that was released than anything else. I'm going to see the film unless it gets terrible reviews but the footage has done nothing good for me and it is too nerdy to grab the general public. Rim needs a much better trailer to covince normal people and myself.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #38
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh im not saying he should kill zod, but i have no problem with him injuring him with a shot of heatvision. I dnt want to see him kill either.
If Superman is losing his cool and blasting someone with heat vision, that is a possible outcome.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #39
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Me either. Never have. Im much more excited for godzilla.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #40
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Exactly. I would bet all of Man Of Steels online measurables will be high, so they will likely not be overly useful in gauging anticipation.

The 2nd trailer DOES have an extremely high number of views, though. Even for a film which was promoted on the front page of youtube the day it premiered (as was Hangover 3, which also has a TON of views), it has steadily added 40-60k views a day ever since. That is an excellent amount. It's a complex thing to measure. Anticipation begins with the fans - if they're not excited, nobody is. But at the same time, them being excited does not mean the general public is.

Imo, being objective, however - MOS trailer 2 was NAILED. It's among the very best teasers I have ever seen. See so much to get excited about, while learning and seeing so little at the same time.
Which tells us nothing.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #41
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
If Superman is losing his cool and blasting someone with heat vision, that is a possible outcome.
So he is just suppose to stand there and watch? I dnt think this zod will be tricked into leaving metropolis or sv like the one in S:II was.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #42
i_Cam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Does he ever/has he ever kill in the comics?

Old 04-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #43
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
So he is just suppose to stand there and watch? I dnt think this zod will be tricked into leaving metropolis or sv like the one in S:II was.
That is why Supes has his mitts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_Cam View Post
Does he ever/has he ever kill in the comics?
Yes, and now it has been retconned. That is how bad/stupid it was.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #44
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Def. the most interesting release in recent years. I see no in between, it is either a huge hit/borderline phenomenon & WB look like geniuses, or it is a colossal bust & massive studio embarrassment.

GDT usually is a name to be associated with quality. It is a genuinely good movie, I think it could do extremely well. It's Transformers meets Godzilla.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #45
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
The only people who are super duper excited for Rim at this point are Devin Faraci (whom is an excellent writer) and other nerd web masters. I hope the film is good but I'm not going to pretend that any of the footage I've seen has interested me because it hasn't.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #46
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The only people who are super duper excited for Rim at this point are Devin Faraci (whom is an excellent writer) and other nerd web masters. I hope the film is good but I'm not going to pretend that any of the footage I've seen has interested me because it hasn't.
Same, I've felt kinda indifferent about the footage.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #47
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Which tells us nothing.
That isn't true. The fact that it has double the views THE DARK KNIGHT RISES final trailer has is certainly a good sign. It is difficult to quantifiably measure, and it's not going to open near TDKR, but no matter how it is viewed, that is a good sign. Youtube isn't something that has just blown up, and TDKR was tracking higher than any other film since may of 1999. It's a big, big number.

And, kind of like iTunes sales being factored in to billboards hot 100...it's NOT like a theater playing the trailer (or a radio playing a song). Exposure requires true genuine interest from the audience. People are being PROACTIVE and searching for the trailer. They're choosing to spend their time watching. The % of "folks who watch the trailer on youtube who end up seeing the film" will be much higher than the "% of folks who see the trailer before a movie in theaters who end up seeing the film". It is a legitimate sign of whats called 'definite interest'.

It doesn't mean the films going to break record, but I would say that - given quality of the product,the box office of The Hobbit, and the # of youtube views - W.B. could not have not gotten anything more out of the 2nd trailer. It is a great piece of advertising which has gotten as much as exposure as anybody could have dreamed.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 04-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #48
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
That isn't true. The fact that it has double the views THE DARK KNIGHT RISES final trailer has is certainly a good sign. It is difficult to quantifiably measure, and it's not going to open near TDKR, but no matter how it is viewed, that is a good sign. Youtube isn't something that has just blown up, and TDKR was tracking higher than any other film since may of 1999. It's a big, big number.

And, kind of like iTunes sales being factored in to billboards hot 100...it's NOT like a theater playing the trailer (or a radio playing a song). Exposure requires true genuine interest from the audience. People are being PROACTIVE and searching for the trailer. They're choosing to spend their time watching. The % of "folks who watch the trailer on youtube who end up seeing the film" will be much higher than the "% of folks who see the trailer before a movie in theaters who end up seeing the film". It is a legitimate sign of whats called 'definite interest'.

It doesn't mean the films going to break record, but I would say that - given quality of the product,the box office of The Hobbit, and the # of youtube views - W.B. could not have not gotten anything more out of the 2nd trailer. It is a great piece of advertising which has gotten as much as exposure as anybody could have dreamed.
This isn't actual sales. This is a number on a website that can be manipulated and can simply be downright inaccurate. Most importantly, it doesn't tell you a thing about whether anyone is going to spend a cent on the film.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #49
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
I always thought that “Supes needs to punch someone!” was just shorthand for “we need more and exciting action sequences.” But the interviewer seems to be quite literal. The make-or-break for him is whether a fist contacts a face.
I've always believed the people who say that believe that the premise behind Superman is literally dependent on him having a superpowered foe to exchange fists with, and that everything else is boring because it's just "lifting things".

Old 04-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #50
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
I've always believed the people who say that believe that the premise behind Superman is literally dependent on him having a superpowered foe to exchange fists with, and that everything else is boring because it's just "lifting things".
And thus do not understand Superman at all.