The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 06-26-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
KidHolland8
The Next Batman

Default The task of showing Robin in live-action.

Why is no director up to taking on the challenge of having Nightwing/Robin in there series? Schumaker tried and failed, Nolan could've done it and made everyone fall in love with the character, and I read all over the internet, even in the next series, the directors will probably stay away from Dick Grayson(Nightwing/Robin).

If I had the chance to continue Nolans Batman after TDKR, I'd show Dick Grayson in the NolanVerse.

His original origin story(summarized):

Dick Grayson is in the "Flying Graysons" circus act, his family is killed by a mob boss to extort money from the circus, Wayne takes him in and he eventually becomes Robin.

My origin story for him: Dick Grayson is an orphan, age around 16, parents killed during Banes rampage in TDKR, He decides(like bruce) he wants to stand up to men like bane, he idolizes batman, he attempts to become a Vigilante like batman, wearing a costume like what bruce wore in BB before designing the batsuit but without the body armour and more of just a costume, but when he comes face to face with batman, batman tells him to "go home kid, leave this to me", He attempts to follow batman but loses him, continues to fight, he's serious injured and batman saves him and takes him back to the batcave. Batman asks him why he's doing this, and Dick explains what happened and how he's an orphan, Bruce decides to take him in and train him to become his side-kick since if he doesn't, Dick will continue to do it anyway and eventually be killed. Dick becomes Robin and then the story continues.

My story obviously means Bruce continues as Batman after TDKR.

but thats just how i would introduce Robin, it needs some work but I'm just spit ballin.

any thought?

Last edited by KidHolland8; 06-26-2012 at 03:32 AM.
KidHolland8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
KidHolland8
The Next Batman

Default Re: The task of showing Robin in live-action.

If you don't like the change of origin, think of how Marc Webb is changing Spider-Man's origin in the new movie.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #3
KidHolland8
The Next Batman

and this would put to rest the "John Blake is Dick Grayson" theories if I had the opportunity to do this.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:26 AM   #4
TheNewGirl
Side-Kick

I Agree. Dick/Robin/Tim or whoever is chosen, needs the love. Im sick of robin being treated as a gay sidekick who is useless to batman.

In my opinion Batman would not even still be in print today if not for Robin and the bat-family.

TheNewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 AM   #5
KidHolland8
The Next Batman

Do you like my story for him?

Old 06-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #6
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

Though I'm glad Robin hasn't been in the Nolan films, I think it's time to bring him in. It's about time he gets a good representation on screen.

CapedCrusader14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #7
KidHolland8
The Next Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader14 View Post
Though I'm glad Robin hasn't been in the Nolan films, I think it's time to bring him in. It's about time he gets a good representation on screen.
I'm actually thinking of going to school for directoring, and my dream is to be a DC movie director, Batman/Superman/Flash/JLA, I'd love to attempt to do all of that.

You guys haven't given feedback on my origin story, I'd like some please, just cause I like writing Altered-Origin stories for characters through the DC Universe, since everytime we see a movie its always the same.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #8
Batman jr.
Back in the game

Send it to DC Comics.

Batman jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:52 AM   #9
DasFeuerSteigt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHolland8 View Post
I'm actually thinking of going to school for directoring, and my dream is to be a DC movie director, Batman/Superman/Flash/JLA, I'd love to attempt to do all of that.

You guys haven't given feedback on my origin story, I'd like some please, just cause I like writing Altered-Origin stories for characters through the DC Universe, since everytime we see a movie its always the same.
It's a bit cliche, and his motivations aren't any different from batman's - dead parents. While it gives him and batman something to brood over together, it would be more interesting if his motivations were something batman couldn't get his head around at first. I'd like to see conflict and rivalry between them to begin with, showing that batman is to some extent arrogant about his role.

Also, it's directing, not directoring

DasFeuerSteigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #10
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Robin is only good if Joker murder him.

Last edited by Baneis8feettall; 06-26-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Baneis8feettall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:25 AM   #11
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

I'm game for having Robin in the next series, and I like your idea of Dick falling into a lot of trouble and coming to Bruce beaten. I think his persistence and extreme dedication might bring Bruce around. Although, I still figure there would be something big to really kick Bruce into action. Bigger than just this orphan with scars to show whenever he steps in Wayne Manor.

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #12
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

This doesn't belong in the TDKR spoilers forum. It belongs more in the Batman reboot thread if anything.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #13
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Robin is a crappy character made for kids to project themselves onto.

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #14
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall View Post
Wut?

Nevincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #15
shauner111
Side-Kick

Don't think ive heard anybody say that the next director/s will be staying away from Robin. Im pretty sure their plan will be to introduce him by the 2nd or 3rd movie. It'll happen within the next 10 years im sure. At least i hope they would try to tackle the bigger characters that Nolan never touched.

Your storyline is pretty much what they can do to bring him in. They just have to take him seriously with the training, the suit, etc.

As long as they get directors who aren't completely obsessed with keeping Batman solo, like Nolan, they should be fine. Because the reboot will lead into Batman teaming up with Justice League members. So it shouldnt be a problem to have him team up with little ol'Robin.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelPopcorn View Post
Robin is a crappy character made for kids to project themselves onto.
Robin got a wooden leg....with a kickstand.

Y'Robin...y'Robin....y'Robin....!

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
27.poker
Newbie First Class

Carrie Kelley should be the next robin in the new movieverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHolland8 View Post
If you don't like the change of origin, think of how Marc Webb is changing Spider-Man's origin in the new movie.
Nope, that -stupid- origin story is based on Ultimate Spiderman.

27.poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #18
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevincer View Post
Wut?
I don't like Robin at all. I feel the same way Christian Bale feels about him.Same goes for rest of Bat-family

Only way me & probably most of general audience can accept Robin if they re-invent him. Other than that, he is a cyanide pill for Batman.Didn't people vote him to get killed or something back in day? He is seen as definition of beta male in popular culture. (People were using him as insult to Lebron James ) I don't even want talk about gay or pedo arguments he brings to Batman.

Is it impossible to use him in a dark,gritty Batman movie? No. But their relationship must be subtle.(more business related) He might be human part to invinsible Batman. Kinda like Somerset & Mills in Seven...or Locke & Boone in Lost. He can make Batman look mature,wiser,colder,godly while he can be take the role of audience, more ordinary one.

Baneis8feettall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #19
Victarion
The Iron Captain

The Bruce Wayne that the Nolans, Goyer and Bale has created wouldn't condone an orphan putting on a costume to fight crime alongside Batman. He spent most of TDK trying to find a way out of being Batman.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
jb007
Side-Kick

Nolan has focused on "The Dark Knight." Which in the comics Batman was alone.

John 16:33

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
jb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #21
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
Frodo
Side-Kick

Imo , in Nolan's world , John Blake is basically Dick Grayson/Robin , without all of the Historical baggage. He doesn't have the awkward name, he's isn't Bruce's "ward", no costume, and his pressence doesn't invoked light hearted or campy plotlines because he's a kid, and he's not the punchline to jokes.

Instead he's a young idealistic cop who admires Gordon and , it appears, could admire Batman. He's appears to be a hero but he doesn't need to wear tights and a mask.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #23
drumsnotdead
❤ ♥ ❤

I like Robin and I would like to see him done well, but I don't think the character is right for Nolan's Batman. Unless they managed to make him 'dark' enough that people would forget their image of him being a camp kid.

drumsnotdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #24
TinkerTailor
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsnotdead View Post
I like Robin and I would like to see him done well, but I don't think the character is right for Nolan's Batman. Unless they managed to make him 'dark' enough that people would forget their image of him being a camp kid.
Done with any kind of weight it would be naturally dark anyway, because it's Bruce acknowledging that whatever his goal was when he set out to become Batman, it's now going to outlive him. Clearly that's not something Nolan is interested in exploring, because he wants to resolve Bruce's story with TDKR.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #25
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

I can't see Robin appearing in this franchise. At leat not in the same level they have done in the comics/series.

They although could make a gritty robin, with a close approach of Millers Batman All-Stars (hated the series, but the idea of Batman seeing himself in Dick Grayson and the "military", almost laconian/spartan training could really fit with a darker batman).

The more mature version of robin presneted in batman:AC with that new aestethic is awesome!

Rocanrol is offline   Reply With Quote