Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #151
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

I bet you if Fox and Singer did the comic costumes, with a great design and making them adult/serious enough, most fans will be more pleased than EVER.

Im 100% sure about it.
surely you been on this forum long enough to know that yes some would be happy, others would feel it looked stupid out of the comics, and some wouldn't be happy with how they adapted the comics look

you can't please anyone and never will

infact i remember when people saw the captain america outfit for the avengers many people said it looked silly and they should have kept the first avenger suit and yet the avengers one was probably more like the comic look

Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #152
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
There's a reason. It sure as hell has nothing to do with the movie's quality though.

Hint: It's the same reason the Transformers franchise made so much
There are many reasons Avengers did well, in my view. A build-up through the solo fillms, an unabashed celebration of the comics, a simplistic plot (easy to follow for overseas audiences), lots of action (and not a lot of depth), almost flawless special effects, excellent marketing.

Avengers was the only UK press premiere I've ever attended where audience members cheered, clapped and leapt in the air screaming during the film. We don't usually get that sort of boisterousness here in the UK.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #153
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
maybe we should ask ourself why those millions of viewers of The Avengers didnt watch the X-men movies on the threatre.

There are many reasons that movie was a huge hit. And maybe the costumes looked more appealing to general viewers than the x-men ones.

just a possibility.

it wasn't the costumes, thats more comicbook fan vanity

doing solo movies to then crossover with them was well planned out by marvel, aswell as good casting it was also hyped more then ever and the reviews were really good

after X2 which was well favoured we then got X3 which did really well in box office but wasn't favoured amazingly well and ratner left nothing to really go on with it and then fox took the franchise into solo movies which they didn't even know where they wanted to go with it and gave up after origins wasn't well favoured

FOX played about with Xmen to much, and its now down to singer to try and fix it

Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #154
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikox View Post
she is cool!!!!
... i am NOT talking about this MO-HAWK look...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #155
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
surely you been on this forum long enough to know that yes some would be happy, others would feel it looked stupid out of the comics, and some wouldn't be happy with how they adapted the comics look

you can't please anyone and never will

infact i remember when people saw the captain america outfit for the avengers many people said it looked silly and they should have kept the first avenger suit and yet the avengers one was probably more like the comic look
of course there will always be different opinions, with all franchises.

But I think we could say that most Cap fans, or Thor fans agree that addapting the comics costumes was a GOOD decision.

They are having sequels, same as Avengers, so Marvel can change some things and improve them.

But one thing is important: They are trying to respect the comics costumes and want to please the fans.

Sadly, we cant say the same wih most x-men fans and general comic fans regarding the x-men costumes.

Of course the costumes of the heroes arent the biggest deal, but everything counts regarding a movie success. Everything.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #156
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
No, they don't. The X-men are not recognizable because of their fancy costumes, but because of their powers and physical appearances(skin color, tails, eyes). They're not your typical costumed (or armored) vigilantes. As far as looks go, Wolverine has his claws and is hairy enough, Cyclops has his visor, Storm has her white hair (and occasionally eyes), etc. All the main "attributes" to these characters are still there, and to say they're not recognizable because they don't don their costumes for the comics is ridiculous to no end.

So far I haven't heard a single argument good enough to support the need for the comic book costumes the X-Men have. Iron Man is called such because he wears a suit of armor. Batman is called such because he dresses like a Bat. Thor has a helmet because he's an Asgardian warrior, in a culture where people wear armors, helmets, shields, and fight with hammers, swords and spears. Even these characters have good enough reasons to dress like their comicbook counters-parts.

The X-Men are called upon their individual powers, or things connected to them somehow, and that's what makes them recognizable way more than the costumes. The only one I can think of that wears a mask is Wolverine, and I'm pretty sure the first thing in everyone's mind when they hear the name Wolverine is his claws, not his silly mask. Magneto has his helmet, Rogue has her white hairs, Colossus has his metallic cover, Storm throws lighting bolts here and there, Cyclops shoots lasers from his eyes.

If you say that somehow any of these characters were unrecognizable to you on screen, you're either lying, or you're lying. And if you think the general audience gives two **** about their costumes, you're lying to yourself. If they haven't read the comics and have no idea who Iceman is, when he comes on screen he'll be character unfamiliar to them with or without the costume. People recognize the mutants because of their powers and last time I checked, they were all there, almost 100% faithful to the comics.

The truth is, comicbook fans want to see the X-Men costumes just because for the sake of it. That's the one and only real reason. All the logical excuses and reasons they try to come up with for justifying the need to have them are ********. I have no problem with people wanting to see 100% accurate representations of their favorite comic book characters on screen, even though not everything from the pages of a comic book works on screen, but to say that the X-Men are unrecognizable without their costumes is plain ********.
this is what FOX has thought from the beginning.... and i completely disagree with this.. it's not all about powers.

All the X-men have iconic looks (some have several)

Wolverine is probably the most diverse because it's his hair and claws which are probably his most definitive traits. For costumes, it's always his blue/yellow or brown/black that are his most definitive.

It's the non "mutant" looking X-men that suffer the most from not having a costume to define them...

Jean Grey... you can't tell me that 20 years ago if some one showed you Famke Jensen in X3 as "phoenix" that you'd immediately recognize the character (and you're lying completely if you said you would), Or Iceman, Rogue, Kitty, in their X uniforms with no displays of power...

Rogue always has green, with the white streak in her hair... her iconic looks are easily 1) Jim lee, gree/yellow with jacket, 2) Green costume with white trim (modern and retro)

Iceman, iceman never looks recognizable without being iced up...

Colossus, Colossus has the gift of being metal as a trait, but imo he always needs a splash of red

Nightcrawler is probably diverse enough to be define by his physical appearance over clothes...

but even cyclops is defined by his visor (part of his costume)

storm isn't just defined by her hair, but a goddess motif to her styling.. be it cape, tiara, or regality

Should Psylocke just be defined by her powers? or should she have a purple or blue outfit, with pink psy knife and purple hair? those are the traits that define her appearance.

Appearance is just as important as power. You shouldn't question who these iconic characters are just by looking at them. They should be instantly recognizable.

[=]
Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #157
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Of course the costumes are part of it. Or why did they bother to give Storm a cape and Magneto a helmet?
The cape, true, is there just for the aesthetics of it. The helmet has a huuge purpose, and that's why it found itself on the screen.

Quote:
Costumes are part of what makes the characters the characters. To think otherwise is delusional.
While that's true to some extend, it applies considerably less for the X-Men. Costumes for other heroes are there for a purpose - whether it's an outfit that fits the universe they come from (Thor), whether it's to create a separate vigilante persona and protect those close to him (Spider-Man), whether it's to protect himself and give himself powers (Iron Man).

The X-Men, again, are not your typical costumed vigilantes. In most cases, they don't have to balance between having a normal life by day and being a costumed hero by night. I think that's been made clear enough and I'm not sure why I need to explain it in a forum like this. The idea of a costumed superhero that needs to hide his identity is not one of X-Men's main themes, if anything, it goes against it.

The mutants are those who struggle to get accepted as who they are in a human world. They're not surrounded by ordinary people like aunt May, who they need to protect by hiding secrets. They're surrounded by other mutants. A typical hero like Spider-Man chooses to use his powers and dress in a funky outfit for an entirely different purpose. Mutants live and operate with their own people, whether it's the X-Men, or the Brotherhood, which both are trying to eliminate the need to hide their identity in any way, shape or form. They don't need the costumes.

Quote:
By your reasoning, anyone with white hair would be okay as Storm and anyone firing lasers from their eyes would be okay as Cyclops.
I'm not even gonna argue with that, because what you're saying is ridiculous and is not AT ALL "by my reasoning".

Quote:
Wake up and smell the comics. Or, better yet, wake up and watch the Avengers - all $1.5 billion of it.
Why are you giving the Avengers as an example? Apart from Captain America's suit (that STILL has some purpose), none of the other Avengers wore something they could pass by without. Thor wears the outfit he came with (which is still an armor, 100% normal for where he came from), Iron Man who depends entirely on his suit, Hulk has a specific physical appearance (not unlike Beast from the X-Men), and both BW and Hawkeye wear functional outfits (again, not unlike the X-Men in movies).

Again, apart from Captain America, who needs to represent America with his uniform, I don't see anyone who's costume doesn't serve a purpose. Which sums up my whole point - the X-Men don't need fancy costumes to represent anything other than the fact that they're a functional team, and to some extend showcase their powers. Their powers and visual traits are still there, so there's no real point to have Wolverine wear a goofy-looking suit, because every person on the world who knows who Wolverine is will recognize that this is Wolverine:

It's not like Spider-Man or Captain America. The X-Men have very specific physical appearances in the comics, and those are still there in the movies. Wolverine walking around in a shiny yellow spandex suit in a future where mutants are fighting for their lives not only serves no purpose, it actually serves a negative purpose and is beyond ridiculous.

Which again, sums up what the whole thing is - it's not that they can't have them wear their exact comicbook suits, but they certainly don't need to. The suits do not make these characters as recognizable as Spider-Man and Batman are. But these characters still possess the traits and attributes that make them recognizable in the comics.

Again, I've yet to see an argument for having them different than "well that's what they wear in the comics" which is not enough, because this is not the comics. The suits make some of the heroes, yes, but not the X-Men. Their abilities, physical appearances, mutant powers are way, way more important than rainbow suits with no purpose.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #158
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:

But I think we could say that most Cap fans, or Thor fans agree that addapting the comics costumes was a GOOD decision.
seems pretty split tbh

Old 04-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #159
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:

They are having sequels, same as Avengers, so Marvel can change some things and improve them.

But one thing is important: They are trying to respect the comics costumes and want to please the fans.

Sadly, we cant say the same wih most x-men fans and general comic fans regarding the x-men costumes.

Of course the costumes of the heroes arent the biggest deal, but everything counts regarding a movie success. Everything.
That is the one fundamental flaw in your line of thought. Respecting the comic books is one thing and when that pleases fans that's a good thing but NO director should do anything in these movies just to please fans. It's that kind of fan service that got us X3.

The costumes aren't really important and certainly, in the case of the X-Men, do nothing in terms of helping fans recognize the characters. I mean in the comics have complete and utter changes in costumes every few years so exactly which costumes is Singer supposed to adapt? My point is the costumes aren't importand and certainly play no part in a movie's box office earning or the quality of the overall movie. The characters personalities, interactions and above all powers are way more important aspects of recognizing a character from the X-Men.

Fans wanting a comic accurate costume is fine. I personally want more comic accurate costumes. But it being essential to recognizing characters is not. I mean every fan that watched the first X-Men movie recognized the characters and they certainly weren't wearing any comic inspired costumes.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 04-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #160
Super Film
Side-Kick

I think Norek hit the nail on the head.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #161
Angamb
Banned User

Nana, I was just saying to please the fans with the costumes... and to some extent, with the action.

Not to give the fans ALL they want, including random cameos with no respect like Fox and Ratner did on X3. Or Fox and Gavin on Origins.

Respecting the look and costumes of the characters would help X-men franchise, Im so sure about it.

some fans dont care that much, thats fine, but it would help.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #162
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:

Respecting the look and costumes of the characters would help X-men franchise, Im so sure about it.
thats the thing it wouldn't help

if reviews are good or bad its not because of the costumes and if people want to see the Xmen they will see these films none the less

there are films that have the comic book suit but still do badly, green lantern for example which was seen as being too comic booky for a movie

there are many things that will help this film, the costumes would be fan service but thats about it

Old 04-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #163
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
seems pretty split tbh
? I've seen maybe one person that is pissed they took comic influences for Thor's costume... it's far from split

[=]
Old 04-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #164
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
? I've seen maybe one person that is pissed they took comic influences for Thor's costume... it's far from split
i haven't seen anyone say that

i know some prefered the first avenger costume and thought the avengers one looked cheap and silly

Old 04-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #165
Super Film
Side-Kick

images courtesy of uncannyxmen.net

Is not including Storm's tiara on par with leaving Captain America's shield out? The things that make Storm iconic and recognizable are present in the films (the cape, the white hair, the clouded eyes). Including every detail from a character whose details disappear and reappear in its history doesn't equal "unabashed celebration of comics" and omitting them doesn't do a disservice to the character either.

It's what happens to the character, how the character interacts with another, what is said, what isn't said that makes the character who he/she is. This drives the narrative and determines whether people will return to it over and over again. A crown with lock-picking tools won't save a film from being poorly made and certainly wouldn't push a film into success.

Last edited by Super Film; 04-23-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #166
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Every little detail matters (to me) in terms of powers and costumes and it's best to put in as much as fits the story & looks good on film. No Storm tiara is more on a par with no Cap wings (which I missed a lot) rather than shield as that's actual equipment rather than decoration.

And you can make a 10/10 film with the hero not resembling the comic counterpart at all but many fans want that resemblance also as we're not just looking for a good film but one that resonates with our years of fandom of the source material. We want to recognise things from the comics/animated series etc that aren't necessarily essential to the plot or otherwise success of the film.

And as a filmmaker, if you're taking on a fan property it's your call on whether you bother with these details. They don't necessarily add to a film but they make it much more rewarding for some.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #167
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Give me the look in the top row fourth from the left. That's the mature, sophisticated look they should go for, without bearing all the skin, which Halle cannot do at this point. If if she weren't expecting, that look of all the above best suits her. I don't want her with the long white hair anymore after seeing her with the short hair all these years.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #168
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post

images courtesy of uncannyxmen.net

Is not including Storm's tiara on par with leaving Captain America's shield out? The things that make Storm iconic and recognizable are present in the films (the cape, the white hair, the clouded eyes). Including every detail from a character whose details disappear and reappear in its history doesn't equal "unabashed celebration of comics" and omitting them doesn't do a disservice to the character either.

It's what happens to the character, how the character interacts with another, what is said, what isn't said that makes the character who he/she is. This drives the narrative and determines whether people will return to it over and over again. A crown with lock-picking tools won't save a film from being poorly made and certainly wouldn't push a film into success.

id actually argue that these (non X'd) costumes are probably her most iconic, and other than the mo-hawk and asgardian, the rest all have alot in common, her cape is more iconic than the tiara, which i don't think would work in this franchise's take on Storm anyway.. but whenever we see a X-men reboot.. id love to see it.

[=]
Old 04-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #169
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
i haven't seen anyone say that

i know some prefered the first avenger costume and thought the avengers one looked cheap and silly
ive only seen anyone say that PRE avengers... most thought it looked much better on film than before

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 04-23-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #170
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
The cape, true, is there just for the aesthetics of it. The helmet has a huuge purpose, and that's why it found itself on the screen.
Well, it could be argued that Storm's cape helps her glide/float/fly on air currents. Also, the psi-blocking qualities of Magneto's helmet exist only in the movies, as a way of justifying keeping that helmet for the big screen.

So arguments can be made for characters having individual stylings that have function or at least a reasoning behind them. Just as Catwoman's ears were explained in The Dark Knight Rises as her goggles pushed back over her hair.

My plea is 1) examine closely the iconography of each character and why they wear what they wear in the comics 2) not to abandon individual touches that help to differentiate characters and make them what they are.

Quote:
While that's true to some extend, it applies considerably less for the X-Men. Costumes for other heroes are there for a purpose - whether it's an outfit that fits the universe they come from (Thor), whether it's to create a separate vigilante persona and protect those close to him (Spider-Man), whether it's to protect himself and give himself powers (Iron Man).

The X-Men, again, are not your typical costumed vigilantes. In most cases, they don't have to balance between having a normal life by day and being a costumed hero by night. I think that's been made clear enough and I'm not sure why I need to explain it in a forum like this. The idea of a costumed superhero that needs to hide his identity is not one of X-Men's main themes, if anything, it goes against it.

The mutants are those who struggle to get accepted as who they are in a human world. They're not surrounded by ordinary people like aunt May, who they need to protect by hiding secrets. They're surrounded by other mutants. A typical hero like Spider-Man chooses to use his powers and dress in a funky outfit for an entirely different purpose. Mutants live and operate with their own people, whether it's the X-Men, or the Brotherhood, which both are trying to eliminate the need to hide their identity in any way, shape or form. They don't need the costumes.
The X-Men have managed to be a team in the comics while wearing individual costumes, and also sometimes wearing near-identical uniforms. The individual costumes reflect the way these disparate heroes have been gathered from all across the globe (as well as making the comic book artwork brighter of course).

Costumes are not necessarily about concealing identity. They are about self-expression, and suiting a particular mutant's powers or culture. Not all of the X-Men's various outfits in comics and cartoons would work on the big screen, but we shouldn't be keen to throw it all out.

So far the films have done reasonably well at keeping elements of the comic design - Emma Frost's white skimpy outfits, Banshee's striped glider cape, Storm's cape, Cyclops' visor, Magneto's helmet and cape (and let's face it, he has no logical reason at all to wear that cape), Sabretooth's fur coat, Juggernaut's costume and helmet. Some of it has worked very well, some less so. But I like that some effort was made. I see no reason for not pushing it a little further in some cases. The first stop in adapting these characters should be looking at the designs in the comics and cartoons. We did eventually get a more comic-accurate Magneto helmet and we are getting a slightly better redesign for DoFP judging from that Grumpy Cat poster.

So please don't be so quick to dismiss the X-Men as not needing costumes. They can still be given many individual touches to make them distinctive. I'm not arguing for Wolverine's mask (though the Aronofsky script apparently included it as a Japanese theatrical garment in The Wolverine) or for Storm's mohawk (wouldn't suit Halle, you'd need a very different actress and a different era - the 80s).

Quote:
I'm not even gonna argue with that, because what you're saying is ridiculous and is not AT ALL "by my reasoning".
You said: "Wolverine has his claws and is hairy enough, Cyclops has his visor, Storm has her white hair (and occasionally eyes), etc."

I was arguing that those things are not really enough and not all there is to those characters. Wolverine also has his mutton chops and pointy hairdo, Cyclops is clean-cut and clean-shaven with a distinct hairdo, Storm has her cape and perhaps also lightning earrings and a tiara. The films have included some of those things too.

Quote:
Why are you giving the Avengers as an example? Apart from Captain America's suit (that STILL has some purpose), none of the other Avengers wore something they could pass by without. Thor wears the outfit he came with (which is still an armor, 100% normal for where he came from), Iron Man who depends entirely on his suit, Hulk has a specific physical appearance (not unlike Beast from the X-Men), and both BW and Hawkeye wear functional outfits (again, not unlike the X-Men in movies).

Again, apart from Captain America, who needs to represent America with his uniform, I don't see anyone who's costume doesn't serve a purpose. Which sums up my whole point - the X-Men don't need fancy costumes to represent anything other than the fact that they're a functional team, and to some extend showcase their powers. Their powers and visual traits are still there, so there's no real point to have Wolverine wear a goofy-looking suit, because every person on the world who knows who Wolverine is will recognize that this is Wolverine:

It's not like Spider-Man or Captain America. The X-Men have very specific physical appearances in the comics, and those are still there in the movies. Wolverine walking around in a shiny yellow spandex suit in a future where mutants are fighting for their lives not only serves no purpose, it actually serves a negative purpose and is beyond ridiculous.

Which again, sums up what the whole thing is - it's not that they can't have them wear their exact comicbook suits, but they certainly don't need to. The suits do not make these characters as recognizable as Spider-Man and Batman are. But these characters still possess the traits and attributes that make them recognizable in the comics.

Again, I've yet to see an argument for having them different than "well that's what they wear in the comics" which is not enough, because this is not the comics. The suits make some of the heroes, yes, but not the X-Men. Their abilities, physical appearances, mutant powers are way, way more important than rainbow suits with no purpose.
I mentioned The Avengers because they managed to be a team with very individual outfits. Yes, it was the first time they had come together but nonetheless the very different looks didn't create a horrible mishmash on screen.

As I said, let's not lose the individuality of the X-Men. Their individual touches are either to do with their particular powers, or cultural identity.

So far with DoFP, the only thing that looks amiss to me is Storm's cape. Hopefully that was just a rough design for the picture. The rest of the outfit is okay, the hair is okay without going as extreme as a mohawk or even a fauxhawk.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #171
JP
Flame On

Funny looking at that composite of Storm images and seeing that the woman wears... dun dun dun.. Mostly black.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #172
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Funny looking at that composite of Storm images and seeing that the woman wears... dun dun dun.. Mostly black.
I don't think anyone's arguing about the use of black as a main colour.

Still hoping one day we will see the headpiece/tiara. Maybe in a flashback or origin sequence, or in an old photo at the mansion. It could even be imagined as an earpiece or communication device for speaking with the others while she is too high in the air (or creating too much noisy weather) to shout orders.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #173
josh8
Side-Kick

I am so sick of the Avengers comparison. "The Avengers had comic costumes, why can't the X-Men??"

BECAUSE IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT BEAST.

Iron Man has armor that is easily translated.

Thor is wearing Norse battle armor.

Hulk is green.

Widow and Hawkeye are concealing their identities and guess what they're wearing? Dark leather costumes.

Cap is the only one in a comic book bright colored costume that doesn't really serve a purpose. And he looked the MOST OUT OF PLACE in the movie.

The Avengers is a movie that benefits from the color and spectacle because they're heroes and celebrated and Tony Stark is funny and is a billionaire hero. Anyone who knows anything about the X-Men knows that the core of their story is the complete opposite.

The X-Men were not independent characters that already had a costume/uniform and then came together. They were formed together by one man to accomplish goals that are more military/policing than superhero. If they each had completely different colored costumes that served no purpose it would look utterly ridiculous and it would eventually undermine the audience's ability to take any of the movie seriously.

I'm all for a little bit of creativity in the X-Men costumes (and I'm disappointed with what they've usually come out with), but I don't want it to get out of hand.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #174
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I am so sick of the Avengers comparison. "The Avengers had comic costumes, why can't the X-Men??"

BECAUSE IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT BEAST.

Iron Man has armor that is easily translated.

Thor is wearing Norse battle armor.

Hulk is green.

Widow and Hawkeye are concealing their identities and guess what they're wearing? Dark leather costumes.

Cap is the only one in a comic book bright colored costume that doesn't really serve a purpose. And he looked the MOST OUT OF PLACE in the movie.

The X-Men were not independent characters that already had a costume/uniform and then came together. They were formed together by one man to accomplish goals that are more military/policing than superhero. If they each had completely different colored costumes that served no purpose it would look utterly ridiculous and it would eventually undermine the audience's ability to take any of the movie seriously.

I'm all for a little bit of creativity in the X-Men costumes (and I'm disappointed with what they've usually come out with), but I don't want it to get out of hand.
I don't think anyone wants it to get out of hand. But Avengers did show that colourful costumes can work, and so to some extent did First Class. So some individual touches could be tried or they will blend into one big black blob when standing together.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #175
The Englishman
Marching On Together

If people want a DOFP comic accurate Storm costume then she should be wearing a green boiler suit...

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Closed Thread