Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #451
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Has anyone suggested Neill Blomkamp as the director for this potential film? I wasn't following this thread very closely when the South Africa/Avengers 2 rumors came up. I know Blomkamp's style is kind of gritty, almost found-footage-like, but I kind of like the idea of Black Panther being a political action thriller type of movie. But maybe I'm way off base.

I also think he could be a great Ulysses Klaw.
Oh man. I am kicking myself in the butt for not thinking of Blomkamp as director. He would nail it, especially with the right fight choreographer. I am a HUGE fan of what he did with District 9 and looking forward to Elysium.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #452
roach
I am the night

I think Blomkamp, while being an inspired choice, doesn't do studio films. He'll go to the studio with his ideas not the other way around.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #453
Paradox1
Side-Kick

What kind of suit should the Black Panther wear in the movie? I like pieces of armor made really popular by Batman. I hope they don't totally ignore his African roots and add a little tribal paint to his costume.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 06-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #454
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I think Blomkamp, while being an inspired choice, doesn't do studio films. He'll go to the studio with his ideas not the other way around.
This.
He'd be great but I doubt he would do it. Especially since signing up to a MCU movie youre kinda locked in when it comes to tone and/or how the movie fits in the big picture. Blomkamp seems to like doing his own thing in his own worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
What kind of suit should the Black Panther wear in the movie? I like pieces of armor made really popular by Batman. I hope they don't totally ignore his African roots and add a little tribal paint to his costume.
Im not a fan of using a batman style armor. I feel that it should be a regular suit, which in the movie is just referred to as vibranium mesh.. I'm not sure what the material should look like though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
For starters. Or Wakandas attitude/conflict/disdain/fear toward its African neighbors and the West may or may not be dealt with. And the fact that they have all this advanced tech based on vibranium - which they have a total monopoly on - that makes them a de facto superpower, except they're more secretive than North Korea. All that stuff, plus the issues of having an all-black cast. Or IS the cast all or mostly black? If Marvel inserted a white or even light skinned love interest, would that be okay? Race, politics, geography, economics, etc, will be in play the minute the project is green lit.

Even the kind of accent that T'Challa has will be an issue.
Eh...
1st: I think the vibranium could/should be a major plot point or macguffin. That will probably get the world government's involved (if theyre in the story) and it'll have Klaw an objective (again, if he's in the story) they might mention how secretive Wakandans are but I feel that it will be brief and that's fine.
I mean Marvel movies arent that deep, I dont think theyre going to go that far into world politics especially in the first film
2nd: They'll probably include Everett Ross, who is white. I seriously doubt they'll cast a white person as his Love interest that'd be a lot more controversial than just having T'Challa have a black interest. The whole thing about a mostly black cast is, I feel, to be a pointless thing to discuss. I mean
3rd: And that accent thing is not a big deal at all. Where's Wakanda? East Africa right. If we're lucky they'll probably give T'Challa a generic East African accent. But more likely we'll get just a plain generic African accent.

I think there's a lot of overthinking in this thread when it comes to Black Panther
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I think Marvel will ignore it...in much the same way that Nazi-ism was ignored in Cap...
Exactly. And I think that's fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like Black Panther and I really want a movie, which is why I keep coming back to this thread. But it's kinda annoying/alienating when casting, storylines, etc. are barely discussed instead it's all about minorities in Hollywood, politics, racism and I remember there was some discussion about imperialism a bit back. Not that those things shouldnt be talked about, but I dont know...I'd rather just talk about possible storylines, costumes, and casting in this thread

Last edited by Blackman; 06-28-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #455
roach
I am the night

I like the suit with the gold touches

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #456
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post

I really like Black Panther and I really want a movie, which is why I keep coming back to this thread. But it's kinda annoying/alienating where casting, storylines, etc. are barely discussed instead it's all about minorities in Hollywood, politics, racism and I remember there was some discussion about imperialism a bit back. Not that those things shouldnt be talked about, but I dont know...I'd rather just talk about possible storylines, costumes, and casting in this thread
I'm in total agreement with you. This thread has went to far into the deep end for awhile now.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #457
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Th Cool Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
I like this look:

But without the briefs. I think the suit would look great if they can use CGI to create fur/skin/matte black hybrid look. I don't know if that makes sense but I can see it in my mind, man. LOL. I also think subtle musculature details should be able added (ala Man of Steel suit) but not overdone.

As for the Blomkamp issue, I agree with you guys but anything's possible. He can bring his own sensibilties to the film and fit into Marvel's narrative without sacrificing what makes his style so great. Just look at all the Iron Man films. They stuck to a certain narrative/development of the character (within Marvel's blueprint), but were all different in tone. The studio just has to say, "Neil, here's the universe we have. How would YOU present this character and story within our world?"

See. Easy.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #458
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
I'm in total agreement with you. This thread has went to far into the deep end for awhile now.
I think it's best we ignore those things and simply get back to what matters. If others can derail it, we can set it back straight.

Last edited by tdeverea; 06-28-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #459
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Instead of whining about what shouldnt be talked about, why not simply bring up new subjects? Don't blame others for your "alienation". That's passive aggressive ********. Sorry, but its true.

The title of the thread is EVERYTHING Black Panther. Not: "EVERYTHING except the stuff that makes me uncomfortable for my own personal reasons". EVERYTHING is fair game, which is a good thing. Either take it ("it" being whatever issues you have)up with a mod or stop whinging about it.

Or maybe if you ask really nicely, a mod will let you start a new thread entitled: "Everything about BP except race, religion, or politics." Y'know, for the kids!

And the above is just a classic line that I might add to my sig:

"I think it's best we ignore those things and simply get back to what matters". just wow.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 06-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #460
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Instead of whining about what shouldnt be talked about, why not simply bring up new subjects? Don't blame others for your "alienation". That's passive aggressive ********. Sorry, but its true.

The title of the thread is EVERYTHING Black Panther. Not: "EVERYTHING except the stuff that makes me uncomfortable for my own personal reasons". EVERYTHING is fair game, which is a good thing. Either take it ("it" being whatever issues you have)up with a mod or stop whinging about it.

Or maybe if you ask really nicely, a mod will let you start a new thread entitled: "Everything about BP except race, religion, or politics." Y'know, for the kids!

And the above is just a classic line that I might add to my sig:

"I think it's best we ignore those things and simply get back to what matters". just wow.
bit of an overreaction along with jumping to conclusions

Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #461
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
I like this look:

But without the briefs. I think the suit would look great if they can use CGI to create fur/skin/matte black hybrid look. I don't know if that makes sense but I can see it in my mind, man. LOL. I also think subtle musculature details should be able added (ala Man of Steel suit) but not overdone.
Without the briefs maybe. That could look cool. I personally like the Earth's Mightiest Hero look.

One of the good things about BP, is that I think his costume would be pretty easy to get right. Im just not sure what the material should look like

Old 06-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #462
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Without the briefs maybe. That could look cool. I personally like the Earth's Mightiest Hero look.

One of the good things about BP, is that I think his costume would be pretty easy to get right. Im just not sure what the material should look like
I just told you! LOL! The suit should look like a panther skin... It should be hard to see him in the dark and even if there is some light, he looks like 3-D shadow. As I said, I can see it in my mind but I'm having trouble articulating it I guess. The EMH suit is cool, I just don't like the Black/Gray contrasts for a movie suit.

Who do you like for director?

Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #463
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
I just told you! LOL! The suit should look like a panther skin... It should be hard to see him in the dark and even if there is some light, he looks like 3-D shadow. As I said, I can see it in my mind but I'm having trouble articulating it I guess. The EMH suit is cool, I just don't like the Black/Gray contrasts for a movie suit.

Who do you like for director?
thats what you want. I said I'm not sure

as for director Im not realy sure. I think Daniel Espinosa who did Safe House could be alright, Antoine Fuqua who did Training Day and Olympus Has Fallen could be good, but they have spotty records

Old 06-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #464
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
thats what you want. I said I'm not sure

as for director Im not realy sure. I think Daniel Espinosa who did Safe House could be alright, Antoine Fuqua who did Training Day and Olympus Has Fallen could be good, but they have spotty records
I don't want you to get defensive or anything. I wasn't being an ass but it's hard to convey emotion thru text. I was being playful.

I like your directorial picks. I need to see what else Espinosa has done. Fuqua is the man. He did Broken City too I think.

Edit: Allen Hughes did Broken City. My bad. I'm still a fan of Fuqua's work

Last edited by tdeverea; 06-28-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #465
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

So, instead of addressing your point Joeyjojo that goes back into (thread?) politics and has nothing to do with the character, I should just change the subject? And this would be *not* passive aggressive? Okay.

Quote:
I like this look:

I think BP, like Iron Man, is in a great place to have multiple costumes. Since he's constantly inventing and appropriating new technology, there could easily be:

A) A cerenmonial suit we see T'Chaka die in
B) The Black Panther action suit he's given when he first earns the title
C) The new improved version that he creates

I think that the all-black should be the B suit. I'd like to see something new for the A suit something more ornate and flowery, so to speak, with the modern/Pries fusion of black with gold touches as the C suit.

I'd rather not see the golden claws though, I could definitely do without those *shudder*

Quote:
As for the Blomkamp issue, I agree with you guys but anything's possible. He can bring his own sensibilties to the film and fit into Marvel's narrative without sacrificing what makes his style so great. Just look at all the Iron Man films. They stuck to a certain narrative/development of the character (within Marvel's blueprint), but were all different in tone. The studio just has to say, "Neil, here's the universe we have. How would YOU present this character and story within our world?"

See. Easy.
I think that's pie in the sky, honestly. I don't think it's just about style, it's about freedom. They're are lots of people/places he could go to and keep his style, but he doesn't, he purely does his own thing, at his own pace, in his own way. If he was hired it'd be a lot like Edgar Wright. The movie will be done when it's done, and probably won't fit in synch with the rest of the MCU. While that would make for the best solo movie, it sort of removes the Avengers tie in potential and probably any sequel potential as well, as Blokamp is going to want to go do his own thing again for a while.

I'm fine wit Antione Fuqua, if the script is great.

I think though instead of getting a director who 'gets' Africa, it might be better to think about directors who have handled black leads before. I think Francis Lawerence might be an excellent choice. He worked with Will Smith on I Am Legend, and has proven his comic book and sci fi cred with Constantine and the pilot for the TV Show Touch. I don't know if any of you saw the NBC miniseries Kings, but he's got royal politics and up and coming kings down pat. He's on his way up with the rest of the Hunger Games movie series, three films that are bound to be successful. He's exactly the kind of up-and-coming director Marvel needs. If only they were making this movie now so they could get a hold of him before he gets too big for them.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #466
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
So, instead of addressing your point Joeyjojo that goes back into (thread?) politics and has nothing to do with the character, I should just change the subject? And this would be *not* passive aggressive? Okay.

I think BP, like Iron Man, is in a great place to have multiple costumes. Since he's constantly inventing and appropriating new technology, there could easily be:

A) A cerenmonial suit we see T'Chaka die in
B) The Black Panther action suit he's given when he first earns the title
C) The new improved version that he creates

I think that the all-black should be the B suit. I'd like to see something new for the A suit something more ornate and flowery, so to speak, with the modern/Pries fusion of black with gold touches as the C suit.

I'd rather not see the golden claws though, I could definitely do without those *shudder*

I think that's pie in the sky, honestly. I don't think it's just about style, it's about freedom. They're are lots of people/places he could go to and keep his style, but he doesn't, he purely does his own thing, at his own pace, in his own way. If he was hired it'd be a lot like Edgar Wright. The movie will be done when it's done, and probably won't fit in synch with the rest of the MCU. While that would make for the best solo movie, it sort of removes the Avengers tie in potential and probably any sequel potential as well, as Blokamp is going to want to go do his own thing again for a while.

I'm fine wit Antione Fuqua, if the script is great.

I think though instead of getting a director who 'gets' Africa, it might be better to think about directors who have handled black leads before. I think Francis Lawerence might be an excellent choice. He worked with Will Smith on I Am Legend, and has proven his comic book and sci fi cred with Constantine and the pilot for the TV Show Touch. I don't know if any of you saw the NBC miniseries Kings, but he's got royal politics and up and coming kings down pat. He's on his way up with the rest of the Hunger Games movie series, three films that are bound to be successful. He's exactly the kind of up-and-coming director Marvel needs. If only they were making this movie now so they could get a hold of him before he gets too big for them.

Ok. I definitely like this idea of an evolution/variety of suits. Especially if it helps to show the development of the character.

As for directors, I respect your opinion on it but I don't think they NEED to find a guy who's worked with Black leads. That's pretty limiting. That's almost implying that Black leads need a director who can cater to their sensibilities and I don't think that's the case. A director doesn't necessarily need to "get" Black actors. A Black actor is just that. An actor.

It falls in the realm of typecasting. Black leads don't need a specific type of writer or director to develop good material for them. It's important for directors/writers to simply understand the material and character motivations. With that said, I believe Francis Lawrence could do a great job but NOT because he's already worked with a Black lead.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #467
Blackman
C'mon Son

Reposting for some discussion
Quote:
Reposting cast for a proposed first film

T'Challa/Black Panther - Chadwick Boseman

Everett K Ross - John Gallanger Jr.

Monica Lynne - Jessica Lucas

T'Chaka - Denzel Washington

Klaw - Christoph Waltz

Zuri - Djimon Honsou (I think back in the day he wouldve made a great BP, so I would like him to have a role in the film even if it's not as T'Challa)

N'Gassi - Danny Glover

Zuri - Keke Palmer

Captain America - Chris Evans (cameo/flashback)

Nick Fury - Samuel L Jackson (cameo)

I think that cast has a good blend of up and comers (Boseman, Gallanger Jr, Lucas) along with Oscar nominees/winners (Washington, Waltz, Honsou) and respected actors (Glover)

Old 06-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #468
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like this look:

See. Easy.
I have somethings I've done I've done that i think could work for a BP movie.here is a link to my portfolio http://jblac2579.wix.com/james

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)

Last edited by Paradox1; 06-28-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #469
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

^That casting is pretty solid blackman. I can't say I'd be upset at all over such choices, but I'd like to nitpick a bit.

Boseman - He's the very definition of a talented black up and coming actor. If they're going with a young BP, there is no other choice.

Gallagher - haven't seen him in anything. I personally would want someone funnier, a Jay Baruchel or a Christopher Mintz-Passee. But I have a feeling that's just how I envision the Ross role.

Lucas - She's kinda awesome every time I've seen her. Would love to see more of her.

Washington - I'm also in agreement that you need one of *those* guys to anchor the part of T'Chaka. Smith or Denzel or Whitaker. Denzel would bring the most, and he is most easily perceived as that elder statesman.

Waltz - I'm glad this guy isn't so typecast after Django. It still feels a little too on-the-nose for me, like Weaving as Red Skull. There's a temptation for this to be 'just another bad guy' like with Green Hornet. Klaw needs more than that, so I'm a little iffy on this one, because when I look at great movie villains, they aren't from a typecast place. I think going the same superstar route with T'Chaka might be better here. Pulling someone who doesn't work in the genre. A Christopher Plummer (too old, I know), an Ed Harris or something.

Honsou - Good choice. He does kinda need to be in there somewhere. I'd just as easily put him as S'Yan, but that's just differences in our particular script ideas as per who is the older advisor-type warrior that T'Challa runs with.

Glover - Still underrated after all these years. Good call.

Palmer - I really like that little girl, and she actually is quite talented, would love to see what she could do as an adult. Yes, please.

Evans/Jackson - Naturally.

Of course, that brings up the question:

How do You guys see Captain America tying into the MCU Black Panther, exactly? Is it as easy as "yeah, while he was looking for the Hydra bases they knew all about, they heard there was a base in Africa somewhere..." is that really acceptable? It sounds a bit shoehorned.

Quote:
Ok. I definitely like this idea of an evolution/variety of suits. Especially if it helps to show the development of the character.

As for directors, I respect your opinion on it but I don't think they NEED to find a guy who's worked with Black leads. That's pretty limiting. That's almost implying that Black leads need a director who can cater to their sensibilities and I don't think that's the case. A director doesn't necessarily need to "get" Black actors. A Black actor is just that. An actor.

It falls in the realm of typecasting. Black leads don't need a specific type of writer or director to develop good material for them. It's important for directors/writers to simply understand the material and character motivations. With that said, I believe Francis Lawrence could do a great job but NOT because he's already worked with a Black lead.
That's respectable, and probably a healthier more productive way to look at it. Let's go with that. If the person understands the motivations of the character, and can relate them to the audience, then we're good to go.

Now, I would still prefer someone who's done some action and sci-fi at some point, but someone who makes good characters is the paramount issue.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #470
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:

That's respectable, and probably a healthier more productive way to look at it. Let's go with that. If the person understands the motivations of the character, and can relate them to the audience, then we're good to go.

Now, I would still prefer someone who's done some action and sci-fi at some point, but someone who makes good characters is the paramount issue.

Hmmm... this is fun to consider.

Blomkamp is now my favorite but what about Duncan Jones? Moon was great.

Joseph Kosinski? I like what he did with Tron Legacy.

Rian Johnson? I really enjoyed Looper, but that's not as sci-fi.

Ridley Scott could make a nice thriller/action/sci-fi movie of course but he's older and probably more expensive to use.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #471
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
I have somethings I've done I've done that i think could work for a BP movie.here is a link to my portfolio http://jblac2579.wix.com/james

The texturing is really good.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #472
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
I think Duncan Jones might direct a Superhero movie one day seeming as he is a big comic/gaming fan. He has talked about comic films on his twitter.

Duncan Jones already turned down directing Judge Dredd (his idea for a Dredd movie was different to the producers although he did like Dredd) , Had an interview to direct The Wolverine at Fox and was on Nolan's list of Man Of Steel directors (said he was flattered but didn't have enough experience).

Old 06-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #473
tvor03
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course, that brings up the question:

How do You guys see Captain America tying into the MCU Black Panther, exactly? Is it as easy as "yeah, while he was looking for the Hydra bases they knew all about, they heard there was a base in Africa somewhere..." is that really acceptable? It sounds a bit shoehorned.
Personally, I wouldn't want Captain America in a BP movie. He'd cast too big a shadow. However, I think this would the perfect vehicle to include Hawkeye. Use him in the same manner Black Widow was used in Iron Man 2, a SHIELD spy sent to learn more about Black Panther, mysterious Wakanda, Vibranium, etc. Hawkeye certainly wouldn't overshadow Black Panther, it gives a good tie-in for the rest of the Marvel Universe, and his bow-and-arrow compliments the more high-tech/rudimentary weapons of BP. Plus Jeremy Renner kicked ass as Hawkeye and needs a bigger role in a film, and he's getting the shaft in Phase II.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #474
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

The suit could be something really cool if done right, but I can see it being Green Lantern bad if the wrong crew gets their hands on it. I would like something that is sleek with a distinct look, but nothing so outlandish that it can be ruined with CGI. Since BP wears a costume that lets him move around you can't go with an armor set up, but since he has the vibranium mesh you have to show something that lets the viewer know that he can take the impact of bullets or other weapons. That might be hard to pull off.

Yes. That is a quote from a rapper.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #475
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
^That casting is pretty solid blackman. I can't say I'd be upset at all over such choices, but I'd like to nitpick a bit.

Gallagher - haven't seen him in anything. I personally would want someone funnier, a Jay Baruchel or a Christopher Mintz-Passee. But I have a feeling that's just how I envision the Ross role.

Waltz - I'm glad this guy isn't so typecast after Django. It still feels a little too on-the-nose for me, like Weaving as Red Skull. There's a temptation for this to be 'just another bad guy' like with Green Hornet. Klaw needs more than that, so I'm a little iffy on this one, because when I look at great movie villains, they aren't from a typecast place. I think going the same superstar route with T'Chaka might be better here. Pulling someone who doesn't work in the genre. A Christopher Plummer (too old, I know), an Ed Harris or something.
-Gallager is on the Newsroom on HBO and his character is exactly how I want Ross. I think he should be funny, awkward, but still competent and very good at his job. Of course, he's not as physical especially compared to the others. Baruchel would be cool. I like him in a lot of what Ive seen him in. I just would want him to tone down his persona just a little. I dont know about Mintz Passe. I like him a lot in Superbad (one of my favorite comedies) Role models and Kick-Ass but he's almost too geeky to me for the role.
Here are actually some brief clips of Gallager on The Newsroom
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I just think he's perfect for the role

-Waltz actually wasn't/isnt necessarily my top choice. Originally I wanted Vincent Cassel. I didnt like Waltz or say Ralph Fiennes because it was so on the nose, but I figured that a 2 type Oscar winner would be a good look for this movie kind of like getting Denzel Washington or Forest Whitaker. Im not tied to Waltz and am open to other options, I just think he's talented like we all do and is at least somewhat relevant nowadays to movie audiences.

Quote:
I mean I guess it's shoe horned but I like it lol. Something like that or something like this scene:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

But of course it's not necessary

Quote:
Hmmm... this is fun to consider.

Joseph Kosinski? I like what he did with Tron Legacy.

Rian Johnson? I really enjoyed Looper, but that's not as sci-fi.

Ridley Scott could make a nice thriller/action/sci-fi movie of course but he's older and probably more expensive to use.
I like all those guys and would not mind if they got it. Except maybe Joseph Kosinski, I liked Tron: Legacy but he's much better visually then with story.

I actually wanted Duncan Jones for Supes back in 2009 and I still want Rian Johnson for Flash, but I'd be fine with them for BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvor03 View Post
Personally, I wouldn't want Captain America in a BP movie. He'd cast too big a shadow. However, I think this would the perfect vehicle to include Hawkeye. Use him in the same manner Black Widow was used in Iron Man 2, a SHIELD spy sent to learn more about Black Panther, mysterious Wakanda, Vibranium, etc. Hawkeye certainly wouldn't overshadow Black Panther, it gives a good tie-in for the rest of the Marvel Universe, and his bow-and-arrow compliments the more high-tech/rudimentary weapons of BP. Plus Jeremy Renner kicked ass as Hawkeye and needs a bigger role in a film, and he's getting the shaft in Phase II.
well i dont think anyone is asking for Cap to have a major or even supporting role. I was just thinking a cameo and I think thats what others were thinking too

Last edited by Blackman; 06-28-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Closed Thread