The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 02:45 AM   #476
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Put me in the "costume evolution" camp. Would love if we see T'chaka's suit, with perhaps his personal mods or trimmings when he has his death scene (if our theoretical script even would have such a scene). Then a bare bones version for a ceremonial combat ritual that T'challa must endure. Then his own Panther suit is presented to him. Through trial and error he modifies it through the course of the film. Finally, during the finale we see him don the bare bones suit again to defeat the villain by physical skill and cunning alone. End of film has him designing further improvements.

Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 06-29-2013 at 02:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #477
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

I was never a fan of the "new" Panther suit with the gold trim - just stick to the classic Kirby costume - it's simple, practical, and needs no improvement.

I am curious as to how the Panther's history will be woven into the Marvel Movie Universe. As I suggested before, maybe a brief sequence with Howard Stark in or near Wakanda just before WWII is all we need - after all, he has to get the raw materials for Cap's shield before we see him giving it to Cap in First Avenger.

If they stick to the original Panther as presented by Lee and Kirby in the FF and ToS this could be a pretty cool movie.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #478
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Sorry wrong thread

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
Old 06-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #479
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
I like this look:

But without the briefs. I think the suit would look great if they can use CGI to create fur/skin/matte black hybrid look. I don't know if that makes sense but I can see it in my mind, man. LOL. I also think subtle musculature details should be able added (ala Man of Steel suit) but not overdone.
With or without the briefs, I really like this look too...and I agree with adding subtle musculature details. I'm not sure if it would translate well to the screen...certainly the actor would need to have the correct physique...but this is the look that I envision.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #480
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
With or without the briefs, I really like this look too...and I agree with adding subtle musculature details. I'm not sure if it would translate well to the screen...certainly the actor would need to have the correct physique...but this is the look that I envision.
What they did with the Man of Steel suit was take a cast of Cavill's body first. So the musculature on it is actually his. Another example is the Flash suit from the 90's series. The only problem is that it was overdone. If they could take these ideas and tone them down, they could make something really memorable and awesome.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #481
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
What they did with the Man of Steel suit was take a cast of Cavill's body first. So the musculature on it is actually his. Another example is the Flash suit from the 90's series. The only problem is that it was overdone. If they could take these ideas and tone them down, they could make something really memorable and awesome.
This is pretty much the standard way they have been doing these suits since the X-Men. I know the FF suits had muscle under suits, I assume the first Spider-Man did too. Looks much better than painting the muscles on the outside.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #482
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

In my opinion the full black costume make him look a bit bland, I like it better with tribal accessories. Something like this:

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #483
tvor03
Side-Kick

^
I agree. I like the gold tribal armor, especially if his weapons are black and gold to match. I'd ditch the cape though, at least for combat. He can have it for ceremonial purposes.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #484
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvor03 View Post
^
I agree. I like the gold tribal armor, especially if his weapons are black and gold to match. I'd ditch the cape though, at least for combat. He can have it for ceremonial purposes.
What about just the gold claws during battle? The big gold medallion, bracelets, and belt seem out of place for combat. For instance, everything in the above picture for ceremonial situations, and then when the ***** hits the fan, gold claws only. The bracelets wouldn't be bad either if they were detachable weapons.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #485
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
What about just the gold claws during battle? The big gold medallion, bracelets, and belt seem out of place for combat. For instance, everything in the above picture for ceremonial situations, and then when the ***** hits the fan, gold claws only. The bracelets wouldn't be bad either if they were detachable weapons.
Nothing there really looks out of place in my opinion. He looks just as combat ready as Thor does.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #486
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Over at CBM, RorMachine has got a transcript of Stan Lee at WizardWorld Comic-Con this past weekend, in which he confirms that Marvel is working on BP right now:

Quote:
"I'm not involved in those decisions anymore, but the people at Marvel are spending hours trying to think 'what will we do next?' and there's a damn good chance that they will think of just what you mentioned, 'cos it would be a great idea and little by little everything you want to see will come along, because [Marvel] are just like you, they're fans of the stories and they're trying to think 'what would the fans like to see next? What would we like to see next?' So they're working on Ant-Man, they're working on Doctor Strange, they're working on Guardians of the Galaxy, they're working on god knows what. And did I say Black Panther also. Those are the ones I know about and there are others that I don't even know about, and shame on them for not telling me."

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #487
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

One thing that would be cool with the cape would be to show how bad of a fight Black Panther is in at the moment. If he's just fighting a nobody he wouldn't take the cape off, but when he goes up against Killmonger he'd take the cape off. It would be subtle but great. Kinda like Bane calmly grabbing his collar in The Dark Knight Rises. You knew he had **** under control at that point.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #488
MCU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Over at CBM, RorMachine has got a transcript of Stan Lee at WizardWorld Comic-Con this past weekend, in which he confirms that Marvel is working on BP right now:
Yea, saw that on another site. Hope Marvel announces Black Panther at Comic-Con as a film coming in 2016-2017. He's long overdue for his own film.

X-Men: Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
The Fantastic Four
Ant-Man

Star Wars: Episode VII
Old 07-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #489
SCC
Side-Kick

Hell Yea about the BP news!

Old 07-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #490
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

I'll buh-lieves it when I seez it.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 07-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #491
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
I'll buh-lieves it when I seez it.
Comic-Con is around the corner so it won't take too long

Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #492
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Just stick with the Kirby costume - they have yet to improve upon that...

Old 07-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #493
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Hope Stan is right.

So Vin Diesel for Klaw?

Old 07-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #494
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Costume: Need to have the mouth and nose area breathable.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #495
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
Hope Stan is right.

So Vin Diesel for Klaw?
God I hope not - he's all wrong for Klaw!

Old 07-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #496
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
Costume: Need to have the mouth and nose area breathable.
Just like Spider-Man's mask...

Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #497
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
So Vin Diesel for Klaw?
Wrong thread. You meant Diesel as Clawful, the He-Man villain in a Masters of the Universe remake. I know this because there is no way on (insert favorite religious figure here)'s green Earth you were suggesting Diesel appear in a BP movie in any capacity.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 07-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #498
MCU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hope Stan is right.

So Vin Diesel for Klaw?
No, Diesel will be Thanos or Ronan the Accuser if his meeting went well with Marvel.

X-Men: Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
The Fantastic Four
Ant-Man

Star Wars: Episode VII
Old 07-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #499
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvor03 View Post
^

Aloha,
I would agree. I think Marvel may play it safe with any BP movie by first incorporating his story into an Avengers movie, like the animated DVD Ultimate Avengers 2. This way it becomes more an Avengers goes to Africa movie than a African Animistic/Techno/Utopian society movie.A much easier sell for Hollywood.

I have a question for those who are currently checking out The Black Panther in New Avengers. Do you think T'challa will KILL Namor as he has stated twice now since New Avengers v.3 has come out?

Spidey rules except in Wakanda

Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #500
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I'm wondering why Denzel Washington hasn't been consulted on a role, as a Panther of the past, Azzuri the Wise, T'Chaka, etc.

Closed Thread