Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #751
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Chadwick Boseman is my number one pick right now. Marvel better nab him before he gets cast as cyborg or something lol.

Or as John Stewart.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #752
Persona
Side-Kick

i'm sure someone somewhere has already said this, but Marvel has got to be kicking themselves that they've already got Idris Elba tied to a character, since i can't imagine a more perfect Black Panther than him.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #753
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona View Post
i'm sure someone somewhere has already said this, but Marvel has got to be kicking themselves that they've already got Idris Elba tied to a character, since i can't imagine a more perfect Black Panther than him.
I know a guy who would be better. I'm still on the bandwagon. There's plenty of room for those that want to join.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #754
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I think Ejiofor has always been kinda the consensus pick around the web for BP. But Marvel should sign him up quick if they want him. If what i'm hearing about 12 yrs a Slave is true, Ejiofor is about to get a heck of a lot more expensive with the award nominations he's gonna rack up.

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
Old 08-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #755
Persona
Side-Kick

David Nyasi could be an under-the-radar choice, but he'd probably need to accumulate some more star power before Marvel would think he could carry the movie. but, yeah, Ejiofor would be good, didn't think about him.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #756
the last son
Side-Kick

Man that's terrible about Lee Thompson Young. He was on my list of potential candidates for BP. RIP.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #757
Donk
Side-Kick

My pick would be Michael Jai White

Old 08-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #758
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
I think Ejiofor has always been kinda the consensus pick around the web for BP. But Marvel should sign him up quick if they want him. If what i'm hearing about 12 yrs a Slave is true, Ejiofor is about to get a heck of a lot more expensive with the award nominations he's gonna rack up.
I could see Marvel being interested in him, but not as Black Panther.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 08-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #759
the last son
Side-Kick

Kendrick Lamar for black Panther.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #760
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I think a big part of what makes Black Panther unique in the MCU is the tactics, the mystery. There's a very Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows type element to how he defeats his greatest foes, especially people like Killmonger, but to a lesser degree Klaw as well. The mind game, the psychology, the... wit, almost Shakespearean... now Thor was Shakespearean too, but that was in the tragedy. Some of T'Challa's best lines in the Animated Series are "Emotional? No, I'm Happy, all my enemies are in one place." There is a certain... glorious ridiculousness to coding a security system while flying a hovercraft, where a knockout punch isn't nearly as powerful as a witty remark and a simple gensture. As long as the ingredients, T'Challa's resources, are set up at the beginning, the payoffs can be quite nice as he explains, with flashbacks, why the foes have been so utterly defeated. And would be very Black Panther-like.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #761
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Plus, he already has somewhat of a connection to the Avengers, with Cap's shield.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 08-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #762
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Definitely. And maybe more if Ultron is made of Vibranium.

Another thing that sets T'Challa apart is that he's kind of got that James Bond thing gonig as far as being a King and going to exotic places. I think Blackman put that idea forward first, and I wasn't feeling it at the time, but as I reflect on it, that could be pretty cool, chasing down Klaw and Vibranium half way across the world. This also is much like a Sherlock Holmes.

And while Thor is a prince, one thing that should be noted is that T'Challa is... dignified, exceptionally so. He doesn't have that viking "another!" brutishness or that Stark hedonism. He's a high class dude all around, I think that's kinda cool, and that's different.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #763
Dr. Evil
Gamora

This will be made, I have no doubt about that. Otherwise, they wouldn't have made Cap's shield out of Vibranium if they didn't plan on having Black Panther (hopefully played by Chiwetel Ejiofor or Chadwick Boseman).

He has much more of a connection to the Avengers already than Ant Man, Dr. Strange and Luke Cage, but Ant Man is coming and I'd expect we'll see Dr. Strange coming up.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #764
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

The recent passing of Lee Thompson Young reminded me of a heated debate on this thread from back when he first appeared on Smallville; when some posters felt he was the ONLY choice for BP.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #765
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
This will be made, I have no doubt about that. Otherwise, they wouldn't have made Cap's shield out of Vibranium if they didn't plan on having Black Panther (hopefully played by Chiwetel Ejiofor or Chadwick Boseman).

He has much more of a connection to the Avengers already than Ant Man, Dr. Strange and Luke Cage, but Ant Man is coming and I'd expect we'll see Dr. Strange coming up.
Sorry to bust your bubble, but vibranium is one of the 2 key ingredients in Cap's shield in the comics. The other ingredient, ADAMANTIUM, couldn't be mentioned in a Marvel Studios flick because Fox owns the right to any and all references through the X-Men franchise. The one-time use of the V word doesn't necessarily mean it's a prelude to Panther. It's not like Papa Stark said it came from Africa.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #766
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Sorry to bust your bubble, but vibranium is one of the 2 key ingredients in Cap's shield in the comics. The other ingredient, ADAMANTIUM, couldn't be mentioned in a Marvel Studios flick because Fox owns the right to any and all references through the X-Men franchise. The one-time use of the V word doesn't necessarily mean it's a prelude to Panther. It's not like Papa Stark said it came from Africa.
It will either go down to Black Panther and/or Luke Cage though, unless Marvel decides that Rhodey and Sam Wilson are enough diversity for the Avengers.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #767
Donk
Side-Kick

i hope to see both Black Panther and Luke Cage but i doubt we'll get both.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #768
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I'm sure they will both eventually be introduced. Luke Cage probably through TV (I think Marvel should use TV as a vehicle for their street-level stuff if Agents of SHIELD is a success).

Old 08-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #769
T'Jai
eclectic threadkiller

Quote:
The recent passing of Lee Thompson Young reminded me of a heated debate on this thread from back when he first appeared on Smallville; when some posters felt he was the ONLY choice for BP.
HE was def my #1 choice based on the story I wanted to see. I'm still shook up we ran into each other more than a few times over the years trained in the same MA gym... hell he tried to get me a part on R & I once

Quote:
Adamantium was Not one of the components of caps original shield...

more of the same + on FaceBook
Old 08-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #770
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Plus, he already has somewhat of a connection to the Avengers, with Cap's shield.
He also built Falcon's harness in the comics. I hope they do something where he upgrades whatever Falcon is wearing in Winter Soldier.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #771
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Kendrick Lamar for black Panther.

LOL! He's a boss!

He's 5' 6" though

Old 08-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #772
MCU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona View Post
They should be commiting suicide lol. They have both Idris Elba and Anthony Mackie...but none are playing Black Panther...wtf?!?! Lol makes no sense. Ejiofor is still the best choice but I know for a fact it won't happen. They'll prob go with either Chadwick Boseman or Michael B. Jordan if BP ever gets made. Or some know young black TV star I dont know about.

X-Men: Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
The Fantastic Four
Ant-Man

Star Wars: Episode VII
Old 08-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #773
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCU View Post
They should be commiting suicide lol. They have both Idris Elba and Anthony Mackie...but none are playing Black Panther...wtf?!?! Lol makes no sense. Ejiofor is still the best choice but I know for a fact it won't happen. They'll prob go with either Chadwick Boseman or Michael B. Jordan if BP ever gets made. Or some know young black TV star I dont know about.
I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. A relative unknown, but I think Chris Chalk did some excellent work in both Homeland and The Newsroom in limited roles. I think he would make an excellent Black Panther.

My personal BP power rankings/wishlist at this point:

1. Chiwetel Ejiofor
2. Chadwick Boseman
3. Chris Chalk

Last edited by fixxxer; 08-28-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:18 AM   #774
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I know a guy who would be better. I'm still on the bandwagon. There's plenty of room for those that want to join.
The best choice in my opinion. He really has that dignified quality a king like T'Challa should have.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #775
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCU View Post
The popular opinion on this forum is that Mackie is a much better fit for Falcon than Black Panther:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=388803

They are said to be looking at Chadwick Boseman, but I would not be surprised to see Chiwetel Ejiofor on their list too.

Closed Thread