The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #126
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,732
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
That's the thing, he's never going to give proof.
Not proof from him, proof from Marvel.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #127
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,754
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
You guys can believe what you want. I, however, will wait for proof before declaring this BS.
So instead of demanding proof to believe something, you believe any random thing until someone comes along with proof against it that you will accept? That's kind of getting the order of operation wrong.

To reiterate: how about we insist on the rumor-mongers providing proof, for a change? They are the ones making the claims, they should have to back them up.


Last edited by metaphysician; 05-11-2013 at 09:50 AM.
metaphysician is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #128
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,904
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Wasn't he the one that had the Internet on fire last year saying Marvel was going to announce a BP movie at last years comic con?

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #129
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity
 
Moridin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Wasn't he the one that had the Internet on fire last year saying Marvel was going to announce a BP movie at last years comic con?
Yep, then a couple of weeks later Marvel announced GotG.

__________________
Lightning struck down twice...
Stones thrown rooftop high...

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #130
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,904
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Yep, then a couple of weeks later Marvel announced GotG.
well they announced Gotg at Comic con

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now  
Old 05-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #131
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 384
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Heard from a source NASA in contact with sex-crazed amazonian women on surface of Venus and the moon is made of cheese. Don't believe the government, they're covering it up.


Last edited by InternetPeople; 05-11-2013 at 04:14 PM.
InternetPeople is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #132
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,732
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
So instead of demanding proof to believe something, you believe any random thing until someone comes along with proof against it that you will accept? That's kind of getting the order of operation wrong.
I didn't say I believe it, I just don't automatically disbelieve it. Also as far as I'm concerned there is no order of operation considering there's no proof that he's wrong or right .

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
To reiterate: how about we insist on the rumor-mongers providing proof, for a change? They are the ones making the claims, they should have to back them up
How about you do whatever you want? I'm only speaking for myself.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #133
Frico
Live by the creed
 
Frico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 8,827
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Meh, I see this as Mayimbe probably betting on something happening at CC to go with his story so he can pull a "told you so!"...

Maybe he does have a grid with BP on it. Maybe there is life on other planets. Maybe I will get that threesome with Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis. ()

One thing's for sure....Any BP film that starts filming WHENEVER I'll be jumping with joy.

__________________
Affleck. Cavill. Gadot.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman



Frico is offline  
Old 05-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #134
Endeavor
Que bolŠ con el timbeque?
 
Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: FL
Posts: 6,203
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

With the recent rumors about possible SA scouting, I had to repost this
Sun City, South Africa:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post


Wakandan palace

__________________
"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."
-- Peter David
Endeavor is offline  
Old 05-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #135
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.
 
E-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 12,599
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

That place is just perfect. You already have a place to put the vibranium mound, and plenty of spots on that map of Wakanda that was in the Jungle Action comics.

__________________
I'm straight up lovable, son.
E-Man is offline  
Old 05-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #136
Endeavor
Que bolŠ con el timbeque?
 
Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: FL
Posts: 6,203
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
That place is just perfect. You already have a place to put the vibranium mound, and plenty of spots on that map of Wakanda that was in the Jungle Action comics.
I'll be submitting my location scout application to Marvel shortly

__________________
"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."
-- Peter David
Endeavor is offline  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #137
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,512
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Wow great find Endeaver! I hope Marvel's watching!

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #138
Frico
Live by the creed
 
Frico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 8,827
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

I wanna go there. lol

__________________
Affleck. Cavill. Gadot.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman



Frico is offline  
Old 05-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #139
Endeavor
Que bolŠ con el timbeque?
 
Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: FL
Posts: 6,203
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post
I wanna go there. lol
Here you go, book a trip that includes a Safari and a stay at sun city. Vibranium souvenirs aren't always available though
http://www.sun-city-south-africa.com...mantic-package

__________________
"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."
-- Peter David
Endeavor is offline  
Old 05-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #140
Frico
Live by the creed
 
Frico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 8,827
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Hahahaha.

*checks wallet*

Yeah.

__________________
Affleck. Cavill. Gadot.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman



Frico is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #141
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,212
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

I'm disappointed that Marvel hasn't announced a BP movie yet. I think he would be perfect for Phase III, since he's an Avenger, and it's about time that they have a superhero movie starring the first black superhero who wasn't a sidekick but a major player. There is still time for Marvel to change their mind, though.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #142
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,969
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

I understand that a major black superhero movie is risky but no more risky than GotG which would have a bigger budget and Ant-Man which is a sillier premise.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #143
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,754
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Eh, I disagree. The biggest risk in GotG is audience apathy. With Black Panther, you have a much greater risk of active audience antipathy.

metaphysician is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #144
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,212
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Eh, I disagree. The biggest risk in GotG is audience apathy. With Black Panther, you have a much greater risk of active audience antipathy.
I don't understand how you would reach this conclusion re: Black Panther. IMO the movie that has the biggest risk is Ant-Man. He doesn't have a good origin, and his greatest claim to fame in the Marvel Universe is his creation of Ultron, even though he was one of the founders of Avengers. I don't understand why Marvel Studios would waste a slot in Phase III for Ant-Man, quite frankly.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #145
MCU
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 156
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I don't understand how you would reach this conclusion re: Black Panther. IMO the movie that has the biggest risk is Ant-Man. He doesn't have a good origin, and his greatest claim to fame in the Marvel Universe is his creation of Ultron, even though he was one of the founders of Avengers. I don't understand why Marvel Studios would waste a slot in Phase III for Ant-Man, quite frankly.
I'll tell you why; Edgar Wright. With Wright as director Ant-Man has the possibility of being imo the best or one of the best Marvel Studios films. If it were some random director I would prob agree and say dont waste the slot; but with Wright this has the chance to achieve greatness.

MCU is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #146
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,754
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

That's tangential, actually. The worst that will happen with either Ant-Man or GotG is that audiences will go "meh, this is silly". With Black Panther, you run the risk of *offending* audiences, leading to actual legitimate outcries and bad PR.

metaphysician is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #147
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,861
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
That's tangential, actually. The worst that will happen with either Ant-Man or GotG is that audiences will go "meh, this is silly". With Black Panther, you run the risk of *offending* audiences, leading to actual legitimate outcries and bad PR.
Why would audiences be offended by Black Panther?

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #148
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,861
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Also, Mayimbe tweeted this yesterday.

Quote:
Who cares about Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver?! Like really?! Black Panther should be getting all the attention.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #149
Paradox1
Side-Kick
 
Paradox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fl
Posts: 4,210
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Why isn't BP in the Avengers already? He's more Avenger than the Hulk

__________________
"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #150
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

"Who cares about Mayimbe?!"

Hope someone tweeted that to him.

And I'm more excited about the Maximoffs being in the film than BP.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.