Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #101
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Well, that's why I said a little. It would have been more reflective of my thoughts if I had typed a "tiny bit". It just seems really out of place with everything else we have seen and, to be honest, Shannon's interview comments about the movie haven't come off too well to me. Seems to be a lot of whining about mo-cap suits and such. But that could have just been a misinterpretation on my part. He could have just been trying to be grounded and humble.
It could just be the moment the picture is taken from though. Like when they get a pic of a sports player in a moment of whatever they are doing and they don't look natural.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #102
bapi
Side-Kick

New photos are fantastic!

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 04-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #103
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Yep. Like beyonce. Haha

Old 04-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #104
bamaefule
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
It could just be the moment the picture is taken from though. Like when they get a pic of a sports player in a moment of whatever they are doing and they don't look natural.
I'm sure it will turn out just fine. As long as it doesn't like like Green Lantern CG(Only ugly recent visual I can think of); I'll be satisfied.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 AM   #105
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
By the way, we have some very good guessers here. Someone nailed the bioengineering and another that Lois will be searching for Clark before possibly even meeting him.

JimJimBinks and I had theorized that and ill be damned if it isn't spot on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The armor does do the snap on thing. Clark's suit is in fact the base layer and that is apparently all he has.
I called that months ago as well when we got those extremely high def pics of the suit

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 AM   #106
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Oh gosh yes 'what if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?'.

I'll bet that pic we got back in Empire of Jor El is from that scene and he's talking to the Kryptonian council.
Woah yeah, good point! That line had people worried originally since it could have been Jor El the hologram in the FoS telling Clark to accept some sort of destiny, but it works really nicely whilst still on Krypton. I wonder if any of it ties into Krypton's destruction.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #107
dark_b
Side-Kick

if there is a prophecy i have a problem.

but if kal-el is a child that was born natural after many years.........i like that. i can support that. then in the sequels they can have '' he gets stronger'' for a bigger fight with the alien villain.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #108
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

This is all a bit overwhelming. I need a few hours to process all the new info and see how I feel about certain things. We've been getting NOTHING and only teases for so long and now suddenly they drop all these details and little spoilers on us. Sneaky bastards.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #109
bamaefule
Newbie First Class

Also it wouldn't hurt if Amy Adams and Cavill actually have a good chemistry in the film. I'd love to read reviews that enjoy their screentime together(ala Amazing Spiderman) rather than it being the worst part.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #110
elgaz
Side-Kick

These new images and story snippets are fantastic.

I have a LOT of faith in Snyder and everyone else putting this film together, but I have to admit, recently I've been wondering what their 'amazing new take' on Superman could be. Sure, the film is obviously moving on from the Donner-verse and there's a new cast, and a new suit, and a new look ...................... but other than that it still appeared to be a similar origin story to what has been told before.

However when I read this morning that Kryptonian children were genetically engineered to be either solders or scientists, I was amazed. It's a perfect angle to take, for a number of reasons. It keeps the mythos from some comic storylines that Kryptonians were heavily into genetic engineering; it gives Zod a reason to hate Superman that doesn't just stem from the usual 'evil villain' approach, a reason that's actually coded in his DNA; and it allows so many ideas to be toyed with in regards to nature vs nurture, becoming your own man, and so on.

And my favourite reason - it allows Kal-El to remain totally unique, which I've always felt he should be. I always felt he lost a little 'exclusivity' in the comics and TV/films whenever other Kryptonians with identical powers (Zod, Faora, Supergirl, etc) all start showing up. In this film, there will literally be no-one like him. Some may have similar powers, but there will be no-one truly like him.

Can't wait to see this played out on screen.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #111
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Shannon is going to OWN man. Freaking OWN. My God does he look fantastic.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #112
Kevin Smith
Banned User

They seem to be striking the PERFECT tone with this too, between "realism" and "comic book" that is IDEAL and should be the STANDARD for ALL CBMS, IMO!

Old 04-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #113
Kevin Smith
Banned User

And the kryptonians being engineered....that is SO amazing. My god do I LOVE that concept!!! It harkens back to the John Byrne stuff a bit, IMO!!

Old 04-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #114
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
These new images and story snippets are fantastic.

I have a LOT of faith in Snyder and everyone else putting this film together, but I have to admit, recently I've been wondering what their 'amazing new take' on Superman could be. Sure, the film is obviously moving on from the Donner-verse and there's a new cast, and a new suit, and a new look ...................... but other than that it still appeared to be a similar origin story to what has been told before.

However when I read this morning that Kryptonian children were genetically engineered to be either solders or scientists, I was amazed. It's a perfect angle to take, for a number of reasons. It keeps the mythos from some comic storylines that Kryptonians were heavily into genetic engineering; it gives Zod a reason to hate Superman that doesn't just stem from the usual 'evil villain' approach, a reason that's actually coded in his DNA; and it allows so many ideas to be toyed with in regards to nature vs nurture, becoming your own man, and so on.

And my favourite reason - it allows Kal-El to remain totally unique, which I've always felt he should be. I always felt he lost a little 'exclusivity' in the comics and TV/films whenever other Kryptonians with identical powers (Zod, Faora, Supergirl, etc) all start showing up. In this film, there will literally be no-one like him. Some may have similar powers, but there will be no-one truly like him.

Can't wait to see this played out on screen.
Awesome perspective. Excellent post.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #115
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaefule View Post
I'm sure it will turn out just fine. As long as it doesn't like like Green Lantern CG(Only ugly recent visual I can think of); I'll be satisfied.
I had no problem with the GL costume its supposed to be a construct of light.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-11-2013, 04:09 AM   #116
CGHulk
Green Guy

I like the genetically modified roles (i.e.. scientists, warriors) on Krypton, it's interesting, how Krypton had become unnatural.

Ka-el's natural birth makes the love his biological parents had for him even more special/greater, especially in that they had to let him go will be even more gut wrenching.

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Old 04-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #117
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I love the bioengineering angle for many reasons. One is that even if there are other Kryptonians showing up in this film, Kal-El is still The Last Son of Krypton.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #118
CGHulk
Green Guy

Kal-El has free will unlike other Kryptonian's that are pre designed to be. He's a pure Kryptonian. Gattaca anyone?

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Old 04-11-2013, 04:15 AM   #119
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Jor el himself, much like in Bryne's version seems to be a stand out despite his class.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:16 AM   #120
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

So now that it has been confirmed that Clark only truly becomes Superman once the world is faced by the threat of Zod, how do people think Clark's journey will play out? On the other hand, he seems to find the Fortress and put the suit on before Zod's arrival and it seems like his run in with Lois in Alaska has a major effect on Clark. I'm guessing Lois/Alaska/Fortress leads to Clark putting on the suit and being heroic behind the scenes(like in STAS), but it is Zod that forces him into the open.

Also, in regards to the Jor-El discussion, has it ever been confirmed anywhere that Jor-El and Lara are actually married? Could it be that their emotional relationship in general is abnormal and secret?

Last edited by DKDetective; 04-11-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #121
Simo
Side-Kick

Well this is a wonderful, and expected, surprise to wake up to this morning.

I won't ask for PMs or anything but is anything mentioned about Kal-El's trip to Earth and the "Fortress"?

Also Barcelona Comic Fair anyone.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #122
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Kind of reminds me of All-Star Superman. It is short, but for me it was the best example of giving Krypton a living, breathing alien culture. It touches on the intelligence and structure in a real way.

Bioengineering, the battle armor, weapons, etc. I like it.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #123
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

I see where they are going with using the whole bioengineering vs natural birth aka further emphasising nature vs nuture, which is always a great theme to tackle in superman origin stories, and I like it.

So I'm guessing children are created out of necessity on krypton a way of producing new soliders or new scientists. Making Clark would be an act of pure love, that makes things very thematically interesting to me.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 AM   #124
CGHulk
Green Guy

He probably does a lot of rescues before he officially puts the suit on. Which would explain his shirtless scene with his chest a-blazed. Lois shows him a picture she took of him out about doing heroic deeds as a civilian. In this film Lois probably figures him out early on, and no glasses, and no secret identity.

Last edited by CGHulk; 04-11-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:21 AM   #125
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
Kal-El has free will unlike other Kryptonian's that are pre designed to be. He's a pure Kryptonian. Gattaca anyone?
Makes me feel bad for Faora in a way. She is a born killer. She didn't have a choice. Wonder if there will be any breakthrough or if Kal-El is going to simply have to put her down.