Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #251
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Rogue borrowing Storm's power of flight would be clumsy on screen since she won't have had the time to master it. In a battle with Sentinels she'd get slaughtered trying to figure it out. Storm rides the wind currents. That takes practice...it's not simply about getting airborne like someone i.e. Superman.
Rogue could absorb Storm's memories and weather knowhow, so she'd already be used to it. That's how I understood the fact that Rogue could absorb so many different powers and know how to use them in the comics.

But whenever I've seen Rogue absorb Storm's powers she's never able to control them properly since she doesn't have Storm's willpower, contradicting my previous point. Storm seems to be the exception. Rogue with Storm's power is usually a big dramatic moment because there's nothing holding her back, so I don't think it would work in the movies if she just happened to steal Storm's power to fight a Sentinel.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #252
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
Rogue could absorb Storm's memories and weather knowhow, so she'd already be used to it. That's how I understood the fact that Rogue could absorb so many different powers and know how to use them in the comics.

But whenever I've seen Rogue absorb Storm's powers she's never able to control them properly since she doesn't have Storm's willpower, contradicting my previous point. Storm seems to be the exception. Rogue with Storm's power is usually a big dramatic moment because there's nothing holding her back, so I don't think it would work in the movies if she just happened to steal Storm's power to fight a Sentinel.
Exactly my point. Storm has incredible discipline. Without it, the world would be ravaged. Rogue would have no experience to draw from and would actually become a liability rather than an asset.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #253
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post

And the movies aren't close to the comics. They could easily let Rogue borrow Storm's power and they didn't have to address if Storm gave her willpower to Rogue.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #254
Lightning Strykez!

Even in the Fantastic Four Rise Of The Silver Surfer film (which dealt with power swapping) it was deliberately made to look clumsy (the characters had to learn their new foreign abilities) because audiences' intelligence would be insulted otherwise.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #255
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

You just don't want Rogue to take Storm's action scenes in the movie. In my opinion, Rogue borrowing Storm's power isn't gonna be a different case compare to Rogue borrowing the powers/mutant abilities of Wolverine, Iceman, Pyro and Colossus. Absorbing/borrowing other mutant's abilities is part of her ability and due to time constraint, I highly doubt the movie will incorporate this "Rogue can't borrow/control Storm's power for some reason".

Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #256
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You just don't want Rogue to take Storm's action scenes in the movie. In my opinion, Rogue borrowing Storm's power isn't gonna be a different case compare to Rogue borrowing the powers/mutant abilities of Wolverine, Iceman, Pyro and Colossus. Absorbing/borrowing other mutant's abilities is part of her ability and due to time constraint, I highly doubt the movie will incorporate this "Rogue can't borrow/control Storm's power for some reason".
Actually I could care less if she steals Storm's powers. All I'm saying is wielding the power of the elements is a far more complex responsibility than say, absorbing Colossus' skin transformation. And I doubt a film would spend the time explaining the difference.

Besides, does anyone really care about Rogue creating a bolt of lightning or spinning like a top? No. People want to see her picking up s**** and punching guys. That's all that really matters.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #257
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

There is also nothing wrong if Rogue borrows Storm's power so she can fly. If they aren't using the second mutation as a reason so she can be more powerful and threatening, just let her borrow Storm's flying ability.

And I didn't say Rogue should spin like a hurricane and electrocute the Sentinels, I just want her to borrow Storm's flying ability.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-16-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #258
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Look, I know you guys want to see Storm and Rogue get it on, but it ain't gonna happen.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #259
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
There is also nothing wrong if Rogue borrows Storm's power so she can fly. If they aren't using the second mutation as a reason so she can be more powerful and threatening, just let her borrow Storm's flying ability.

And I didn't say Rogue should spin like a hurricane and electrocute the Sentinels, I just want her to borrow Storm's flying ability.
Ok.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #260
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Look, I know you guys want to see Storm and Rogue get it on, but it ain't gonna happen.
Well its just 1 way for Rogue to fly in DOFP. Its either she gets a 2nd mutation or she absorbs someone's flying ability.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #261
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Exactly my point. Storm has incredible discipline. Without it, the world would be ravaged. Rogue would have no experience to draw from and would actually become a liability rather than an asset.
This is more directed towards the cartoons/comics that have shown Rogue go crazy with Storm's powers, but wouldn't Rogue also absorb Storm's willpower? If she absorbs Wolverine's grumpiness, you'd think she'd have Storm's control, among other characteristics (a bad "African" accent, perhaps )

Last edited by Mad Ones; 04-17-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #262
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
I won't speak for LS, but that is only partially my reason. I think it would be very pointless to see Rogue have a power display that another mutant in the movie is completely capable of doing. It's like, having Rogue do a big controlling-the-weather scene when Storm is right next to her and can do it too... and everyone knows she can do it. I don't mind small scenes of her borrowing powers of fellow X-Men, but the original discussion was about what to do if Storm wasn't going to fly in the movies.

If all you want is to see Rogue fly, then fine, have her borrow it from Storm. I would rather see her have a scene where she can fly and have the super strength aspect of her comic persona. That's why my suggestion would be for her to steal a bunch of powers from wounded or dying mutants and combine them all together, much like she does in the comics. I don't think Storm would be a good candidate for flight powers, because she hasn't even really flown in the movies herself and her powers are so much more than that.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:17 AM   #263
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Ya know, I think there's something about what happened to Beast in FC in relation to the cure. "It didn't attack the cells, it enhanced them". Possible for Rogue and Magneto getting secondary mutations?
Yes. Perfect explanation.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #264
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Wouldn't it be oh-so-ironic (and a bit of a slap in the face for Storm fans) if Rogue took Storm's powers and we saw better flying scenes and weather action than we ever had from Storm herself.

Harumph.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #265
Double B
Side-Kick

I watched Gothika last night.

Oy.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #266
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Wouldn't it be oh-so-ironic (and a bit of a slap in the face for Storm fans) if Rogue took Storm's powers and we saw better flying scenes and weather action than we ever had from Storm herself.

Harumph.
of course it would be. But on the comics and tv shows, Rogue has used the power of her team mates, so its a reasonable move.

But of course Storm should shine with a great flying sequence, at least once.
Rogue can always use two powers from different mutants at the same time, so that would make her action momments different from Storm.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #267
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
of course it would be. But on the comics and tv shows, Rogue has used the power of her team mates, so its a reasonable move.

But of course Storm should shine with a great flying sequence, at least once.
Rogue can always use two powers from different mutants at the same time, so that would make her action momments different from Storm.
Yes indeed. Imagine if she flew and created a rainstorm, then turned to Iceman form and made the rain fall as daggers of ice. Or if she dived down from the skies and turned to Colossus steel form as she slammed into a Sentinel.

That's the way to do it. Combine the powers and make it original.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #268
Angamb
Banned User

definetly. If I was on the creative team... oh man, Id do wonders with Rogue's power.

She can easily still the show combining a few powers, but of course they wont let Rogue to steal the show, when Wolverine is around

they arent as visionary, to give us something better from the other x-men. Pretty sad if u ask me

Old 04-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #269
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes indeed. Imagine if she flew and created a rainstorm, then turned to Iceman form and made the rain fall as daggers of ice. Or if she dived down from the skies and turned to Colossus steel form as she slammed into a Sentinel.

That's the way to do it. Combine the powers and make it original.
That's more what I'm talking about. This whole conversation started because people were saying Rogue could fly by taking Storm's powers... which I thought was unnecessary and illogical (especially since Storm hasn't really been shown to be able to fly very freely herself). But this kind of power stealing is right up Rogue's alley and would be a much better idea.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #270
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Ya know, I think there's something about what happened to Beast in FC in relation to the cure. "It didn't attack the cells, it enhanced them". Possible for Rogue and Magneto getting secondary mutations?
Except the "cure" in LS was derived from Leech and not related to Hank's research.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #271
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Except the "cure" in LS was derived from Leech and not related to Hank's research.

Both cures involve taking one mutant's DNA and mixing it with that of another mutant. In X3 it was Leech's DNA and in FC it was Mystique's that were used. Perhaps that is what triggers a second mutation.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #272
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

There's a possibility there that it could be made to work, but keep in mind that the secondary mutation caused by Beast's serum was related to the other mutant's power/mutation (blue pigmentation/ physiology alteration).
Leech's power/mutation is to be an inhibitor, not a catalyst.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #273
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
definetly. If I was on the creative team... oh man, Id do wonders with Rogue's power.

She can easily still the show combining a few powers, but of course they wont let Rogue to steal the show, when Wolverine is around

they arent as visionary, to give us something better from the other x-men. Pretty sad if u ask me
For me, I would like to see power absorbtion, flight and super strength for Rogue. And I'm gonna keep the ice powers to Iceman, healing to Wolverine, steel form to Colossus, phasing to Shadowcat and electric attacks to Storm.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #274
Lightning Strykez!

I am fine with Rogue having the power of flight. But it needs to be innate and generated from within. Storm's flight patterns are more erratic and...well, bumpy...because she is riding unstable wind currents. To have both women flying like that would look stupid on screen.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #275
Double B
Side-Kick

I'd love to see them fly at the same time. But with Singer differentiating between their different methods of flight. Storm surfing the winds and Rogue just floating and flying all over the place.

Closed Thread