The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #626
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,656
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Montreal or LA?
West Hollywood... so LA area.

josh8 is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #627
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 21,498
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Here's Halle shopping in WeHo yesterday:



So she's not filming at the moment and also did not bleach/dye her hair. Need more news!!!
I see she's got part of her Storm costume on (the leggings and the boots) because Halle just wears that sort of thing while running errands.

Maybe we'll get a pregnancy Storm action figure like there was that pregnancy Barbie doll.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #628
storman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 42
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

She can't dye her hair because she's pregnant.

Did Halle finish her part in the movie?

I just would like to be sure that storm will fly in X-movie.

storman is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #629
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

No, she's reportedly filming through July.

BMM is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #630
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

She looks good.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #631
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: chicago,il
Posts: 743
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glutton View Post

Storm looked her best n X3. The sort of black roots make her hair look more natural and her overal appearance in the movie was much more mature. Her X2 hair in the movie was just all over the place, down, pulled back, sometimes yellowish.

X3 was the best look for storm and I'm digging the short hair for future storm!

PoSeiDon is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #632
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: chicago,il
Posts: 743
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by storman View Post
She can't dye her hair because she's pregnant.

Did Halle finish her part in the movie?

I just would like to be sure that storm will fly in X-movie.

We'll know when the movie comes out! Halle mentioned not being a bad ass like they planned, but who knows what they were able to work out once on set. Stunt doubles and other possibilities. I don't put to much stock in Singer, they never got Storm flying to come across worthwhile on screen!

PoSeiDon is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #633
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
Storm looked her best n X3. The sort of black roots make her hair look more natural and her overal appearance in the movie was much more mature. Her X2 hair in the movie was just all over the place, down, pulled back, sometimes yellowish.

X3 was the best look for storm and I'm digging the short hair for future storm!
Agreed.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #634
storman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 42
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
No, she's reportedly filming through July.

July?

I can't believe that!! Her baby bump will be so big on screen. How will they shoot with her this way?

My gosh Storm will be a big **** in this movie.

Thanks Halle, really thanks.

storman is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #635
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

She'll be fine Storman.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #636
Chip
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Agreed.
I agree too.

Chip is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #637
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,304
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by storman View Post
July?

I can't believe that!! Her baby bump will be so big on screen. How will they shoot with her this way?

My gosh Storm will be a big **** in this movie.

Thanks Halle, really thanks.
I would suggest refraining from throwing tantrums over Halle's pregnancy.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #638
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,869
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

There are ways to hide actress' being pregnent.In one of later seasons of melrose place they hid Heather Locklear being pregnent.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #639
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,341
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

They could easily hide her baby bump by using trackers (like those small dots in Shawn's twitter picture).

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #640
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Halle Berry's portrayal of the Goddess, (or should I say Bryan Singer's portrayal) notwithstanding I still feel that she was inspired casting for the role. She may not be PERFECT casting the way Patrick Stewart was for Prof X or Alan Cumming was for Nightcrawler but she certainly had the potential to grow into her role the way Ian Mckellen, Hugh Jackman and practically every other cast member did. Halle is certainly a great actress when given the right material and ranges from solid to outright phenomenal. I mean the woman has an Oscar, an Emmy, a Golden Globe and a Screen Actor's guild award to her name so she must be doing something right. The problem though is translating that into her performance as Storm. Apart from good writing which is completely out of Berry's control I've compiled a list of things that could be implemented into her portrayal of the character. Basically a way to show some fans that not all hope is lost and that Halle could still become the Storm we need.(If she's reading this)

APPEARANCE

Okay there is very little that Halle can do in this area as it's down to the make-up and costuming department to decide how Storm ultimately looks on screen. Storm is a beautiful, tall woman that oozes sex appeal no matter her haircut. Though sexy she is also mature. The heavy contrast between her silver hair and the darker complexion of her skin as well as her blue eyes make her exotic looking. Now this is the department that Halle is heavily criticized in. Halle Berry is not 5"11 but a pair of high stiletto heels or even wedge heeled boots should add a couple more inches to her height. Halle does have one thing down already and that is sex appeal she has both that and a mature quality to her appearance that is very much like Storm. Now many argue that Halle does not look like Storm mainly because of her complexion which some feel is too light a shade of brown but to those people I show you these:


These show that Storm can and has been drawn in a much lighter skin tone than some think. In fact Halle looks a lot like Storm in that last picture.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


POSTURE


Storm always stands straight and tall her head held high. Her posture some people might disregard as trivial, but in actual fact is a very important part of her character as it adds to her presence. And that is one thing that Storm has a plenty but Halle seems to lack in her portrayal of Storm. Storm stands tall against her opponents and stands tall amongst her team. It shows her character as a strong and confident woman. She inspires respect from her allies and even her enemies. Halle should stand straighter with her head held high. Like she did in this X-Men promo:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

She looks a whole lot more like Storm here as some users here noted. The posture makes all the difference.

EXPRESSION


Very rarely will you pick up an X-Men book and find an image of Storm looking like this:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

And looking like that against toad of all people.


Storm is confident and stands determined against her enemies. She's fierce! Her expression is another element to her commanding presence. She's strong, powerful, skilled in combat and she knows it. I'm not saying that Storm doesn't have her own moments of fear but in the X-Men movies Halle seems to colour her face with it. It's like she forgets her crazy powers and goes into damsel in distress mode and then reverts back at the very end. Storm don't scare easily. I know Halle has become better at this as the movies progressed and in X3 she was indeed fierce and much more confident but Storm is like that all the time. Halle has a tendency to open her mouth as she looks to the heavens to conjure whatever weather anomaly she's about to use. But this makes her look slightly anxious in battle which takes away from her presence.
Exhibit A:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


She needs to keep her teeth gritted, her head held high and stand tall in every scene she needs to keep fear to the back of her mind and speak in a slightly deeper tone. Not exactly african but certainly more commanding. And also she needs to enunciate her words. None of this 'gonna, wanna , coulda' stuff. And perhaps she should speak slightly slower. Of course Halle could do all this but It won't mean much if Storm is not written well. But if she is then these few things I've suggested should help her enhance the character on screen and should enable her to disappear into the role this time. Here's hoping for a great Storm.

Oh, and apparently May is Storm Month.

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #641
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 21,498
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Halle can hide her pregnancy by being behind the wheel of the Blackbird or whatever they're piloting. The rest of the time she can sit behind a desk or have a plant or whatever strategically in front of her to hide her bump.

Or they could just make it that Storm got fat in her old age. That's the other solution usually used in TV series if not the hiding method.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 05-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #642
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,617
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

I really think Halle is going to nail it this time. Even if she's in a cloud where she really believes her fans loved her as Storm, Bryan Singer understands the pressure. He's had ten years of fan critiques and he knows what we expect.

JP is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #643
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I really think Halle is going to nail it this time. Even if she's in a cloud where she really believes her fans loved her as Storm, Bryan Singer understands the pressure. He's had ten years of fan critiques and he knows what we expect.
I sure hope so. I'm certainly more optimistic about Halle returning to the role but let's see if Bryan Singer can write a good role for Storm. He's had trouble in that department for a while though I admit Storm in X2 was decent.

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #644
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Brilliant post NanaT!

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #645
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,908
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
She needs to keep her teeth gritted, her head held high and stand tall in every scene she needs to keep fear to the back of her mind and speak in a slightly deeper tone. Not exactly african but certainly more commanding. And also she needs to enunciate her words. None of this 'gonna, wanna , coulda' stuff. And perhaps she should speak slightly slower. Of course Halle could do all this but It won't mean much if Storm is not written well. But if she is then these few things I've suggested should help her enhance the character on screen and should enable her to disappear into the role this time. Here's hoping for a great Storm.
I disagree with showing her gritting her teeth. That's the opposite of a regal, commanding composure. I didn't like that look on her in X3.

But I agree with the enunciation, as along as it can sound natural and not like she suddenly had time for elocution lessons in the middle of an apocalypse. It irritated me when X3 Storm went all 'ghetto sista' on us, like telling Rogue: "Nuttin's wrong with you." Hated that street vibe.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, GoTG 7.5/10, CA:TWS 8/10, Interstellar 8.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #646
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I disagree with showing her gritting her teeth. That's the opposite of a regal, commanding composure. I didn't like that look on her in X3.
Disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It irritated me when X3 Storm went all 'ghetto sista' on us, like telling Rogue: "Nuttin's wrong with you." Hated that street vibe.
Totally agreed.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #647
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,341
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I really think Halle is going to nail it this time. Even if she's in a cloud where she really believes her fans loved her as Storm, Bryan Singer understands the pressure. He's had ten years of fan critiques and he knows what we expect.
Storm/Halle Berry is gonna steal the show! I wouldn't mind a X-Men Origins: Storm movie after this one or after X5.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #648
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding
 
Obsidian Idea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 384
Cool Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I disagree with showing her gritting her teeth. That's the opposite of a regal, commanding composure. I didn't like that look on her in X3.

But I agree with the enunciation, as along as it can sound natural and not like she suddenly had time for elocution lessons in the middle of an apocalypse. It irritated me when X3 Storm went all 'ghetto sista' on us, like telling Rogue: "Nuttin's wrong with you." Hated that street vibe.
That was far from street or ghetto...but I know what you're saying. If we want to see our "goddess" Storm, they'd have to reboot the character, which was what I was hoping they'd eventually do in the X:FC trilogy....

__________________
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Obsidian Idea is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #649
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Brilliant post NanaT!
Thanks Lightning
Just wanted to present a few of my views.

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #650
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: chicago,il
Posts: 743
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Halle Berry's portrayal of the Goddess, (or should I say Bryan Singer's portrayal) notwithstanding I still feel that she was inspired casting for the role. She may not be PERFECT casting the way Patrick Stewart was for Prof X or Alan Cumming was for Nightcrawler but she certainly had the potential to grow into her role the way Ian Mckellen, Hugh Jackman and practically every other cast member did. Halle is certainly a great actress when given the right material and ranges from solid to outright phenomenal. I mean the woman has an Oscar, an Emmy, a Golden Globe and a Screen Actor's guild award to her name so she must be doing something right. The problem though is translating that into her performance as Storm. Apart from good writing which is completely out of Berry's control I've compiled a list of things that could be implemented into her portrayal of the character. Basically a way to show some fans that not all hope is lost and that Halle could still become the Storm we need.(If she's reading this)

APPEARANCE

Okay there is very little that Halle can do in this area as it's down to the make-up and costuming department to decide how Storm ultimately looks on screen. Storm is a beautiful, tall woman that oozes sex appeal no matter her haircut. Though sexy she is also mature. The heavy contrast between her silver hair and the darker complexion of her skin as well as her blue eyes make her exotic looking. Now this is the department that Halle is heavily criticized in. Halle Berry is not 5"11 but a pair of high stiletto heels or even wedge heeled boots should add a couple more inches to her height. Halle does have one thing down already and that is sex appeal she has both that and a mature quality to her appearance that is very much like Storm. Now many argue that Halle does not look like Storm mainly because of her complexion which some feel is too light a shade of brown but to those people I show you these:


These show that Storm can and has been drawn in a much lighter skin tone than some think. In fact Halle looks a lot like Storm in that last picture.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


POSTURE


Storm always stands straight and tall her head held high. Her posture some people might disregard as trivial, but in actual fact is a very important part of her character as it adds to her presence. And that is one thing that Storm has a plenty but Halle seems to lack in her portrayal of Storm. Storm stands tall against her opponents and stands tall amongst her team. It shows her character as a strong and confident woman. She inspires respect from her allies and even her enemies. Halle should stand straighter with her head held high. Like she did in this X-Men promo:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

She looks a whole lot more like Storm here as some users here noted. The posture makes all the difference.

EXPRESSION


Very rarely will you pick up an X-Men book and find an image of Storm looking like this:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

And looking like that against toad of all people.


Storm is confident and stands determined against her enemies. She's fierce! Her expression is another element to her commanding presence. She's strong, powerful, skilled in combat and she knows it. I'm not saying that Storm doesn't have her own moments of fear but in the X-Men movies Halle seems to colour her face with it. It's like she forgets her crazy powers and goes into damsel in distress mode and then reverts back at the very end. Storm don't scare easily. I know Halle has become better at this as the movies progressed and in X3 she was indeed fierce and much more confident but Storm is like that all the time. Halle has a tendency to open her mouth as she looks to the heavens to conjure whatever weather anomaly she's about to use. But this makes her look slightly anxious in battle which takes away from her presence.
Exhibit A:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


She needs to keep her teeth gritted, her head held high and stand tall in every scene she needs to keep fear to the back of her mind and speak in a slightly deeper tone. Not exactly african but certainly more commanding. And also she needs to enunciate her words. None of this 'gonna, wanna , coulda' stuff. And perhaps she should speak slightly slower. Of course Halle could do all this but It won't mean much if Storm is not written well. But if she is then these few things I've suggested should help her enhance the character on screen and should enable her to disappear into the role this time. Here's hoping for a great Storm.

Oh, and apparently May is Storm Month.

No, she probably will never see this. Fanboydom at its best!

PoSeiDon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.