The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 04-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
AF3619
WOOO!

Default "Unresolved things" Story Arcs and GOOD stuff that TASM 2 must bring back

maybe unnecessary thread, but TASM left many question and Unfinished stories and unfinished character arcs, Which SHOULD be back for the sequel and get a conclussion ?

Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Default Re: "Unresolved things" Story Arcs and GOOD stuff that TASM 2 must bring back

Good stuff that should be brought back in TASM 2?

Gee how about the suit?

Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
AF3619
WOOO!

Default Re: "Unresolved things" Story Arcs and GOOD stuff that TASM 2 must bring back

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post

Gee how about the suit?
maybe we get a transition or explanation why he changed it, which i hope

i like both but everytime i see my wallpaper i feel that i miss it already

Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Practical web swinging, more quips, flash/Peter buddy vibe, adorable chemistry from Peter and Gwen..

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Practical web swinging, more quips, flash/Peter buddy vibe, adorable chemistry from Peter and Gwen..

First Person shots and Peter genius evidence, their essence of filming (not change everything because the movie wasn´t perfect) i mean change stuff here and there but do not lose essence and give Marc more liberty

Last edited by AF3619; 04-11-2013 at 11:33 PM.
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

i don't really want practical web swinging. a real human can never look like spider-man when they swing. it worked okay in the first movie because he was still a noob, but you'll notice that the last chunk of the film has no practical swinging other than a landing or two.

spider-man has perfect balance, twice-as-elastic tendons, and super strength: a stunt man has none of these.

note: i actually prefer practical effects being used as much as possible over cgi. this is an exception for me, however.

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post

First Person shots and Peter genius evidence, their essence of filming (not change everything because the movie wasn´t perfect) i mean change stuff here and there but do not lose essence and give Marc more liberty
Exactly what's been on my mind! I said the same thing but with poorer words in the rhino thread. I don't want to lose the main core themes and feels that TASM had. Basically, I don't want TASM2 to feel like a completely 100% different movie. You're right, TASM is flawed and improvements would be nice, but don't change the movie.

I wanna see more practical web swinging too. More than 10 seconds. It's be extremely difficult to do it in between real buildings though. They were just under a bridge for that one sequence..and it happens so fast. I think they'll turn to CG eh?

Old 04-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #8
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

To Repulsor, you have a point as well. Those really cool poses we're in love with would be impossible for some stuntmen.

One thing to add, yes more genius evidence too, AF.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #9
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

overall i think this sequel needs to change more things than keep them, but for the sake of the forum i hope they keep:

- the first person parkour. i wouldn't even mind if we saw a first person shot of spider-man punching electro. it is a bit video gamey, but it could work.

- the agility of spider-man - although this isn't his only super power. i'd like to see more displays of hand to hand fighting and super strength. all of his abilities should be used, either one after the other, or in combination. i often lay awake before bed thinking up cool fight scenes and moves for spidey to pull off.

- the quips. however, i'd prefer if spider-man was less aggressive in his delivery compared to the first. of course this will depend on the mental state of peter. he was a jerk, imo, to the car thief, but he was potentially uncle ben's killer so it's understandable. plus he wasn't really spider-man then.

- man in the shadows explanation. if it isn't addressed then it just seems like a cop out. like, they wanted a mid credit scene ala marvel and the significance ends there.

- uncle ben's killer. this should have been wrapped up in the first movie. if his inclusion this time round isn't shoe horned in then they should address it. just had an idea, what if green goblin kills the killer in number 3? it could be a way for green goblin to get under peter's skin and exploit his emotions. this will depend on norman's motivations in the films but it would be a great way to tie a trilogy together.

goblin could kill gwen, peter hunts him in 3. goblin finds the thug, presents him to spidey and says something like

"this man also killed someone you love. why not kill him, peter? what makes me so special? why have i incurred the spider's wrath? prove to me you're not a hypocrite. kill this man and i will not fight you. avenge your uncle, peter. avenge him."

this could really do a number on our poor spidey and could be a nice moral conundrum.

ps.

goblin could go on to say that if he doesnt kill the thug, he will.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #10
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AN LEGEND View Post
Had that line stuck in my head all day today, weird!
This is why I liked Uncle Ben in the movie.His message resonates with me to this day.He truly cares about Peter.

This was how I felt when he was killed.

On a side note, we need more awsome scenes like Crane scenes and new Spidey attacks like web shield and web punch.Also more swinging scenes where he use spidersense to sense danger(I like the slowdown of time for spidersense in the final swinging scene).Also,he should be move more like Spider like the below scene(From 0:41 to 044).

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

spider_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #11
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
To Repulsor, you have a point as well. Those really cool poses we're in love with would be impossible for some stuntmen.

One thing to add, yes more genius evidence too, AF.

yeah, play up peter's intelligence definitely.

he should use his smarts to gain the upper hand in a fight.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #12
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Usual stuff. Uncle Bens killer needs to be resolved, Peter's parents' story need to be continued, Osborn needs to be embellished.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #13
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post

Gee how about the suit?
These two sentences contradict

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #14
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
i don't really want practical web swinging. a real human can never look like spider-man when they swing. it worked okay in the first movie because he was still a noob, but you'll notice that the last chunk of the film has no practical swinging other than a landing or two.

spider-man has perfect balance, twice-as-elastic tendons, and super strength: a stunt man has none of these.

note: i actually prefer practical effects being used as much as possible over cgi. this is an exception for me, however.
They really didn't even have that much practical web slinging anyways in the first movie. People just saw that one set pic under the bridge and for some reason thought the whole movie was practical. I think that scene was literally the only completely practical scene in the entire movie that involved swinging during an action sequence.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:22 AM   #15
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
They really didn't even have that much practical web slinging anyways in the first movie. People just saw that one set pic under the bridge and for some reason thought the whole movie was practical. I think that scene was literally the only completely practical scene in the entire movie that involved swinging during an action sequence.
plus marc webb and co really pushed the whole practical swinging aspect pre-release.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #16
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

i actually really like my green goblin trilogy tie up idea :3 :3 :3

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #17
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Quote:
I don't think that was unresolved. If anything, it was the Flash/Peter rivalry that was resolved. I'd love to see them flesh out the relationship more, but I don't know if Chris Zylka will be back.

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #18
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
i actually really like my green goblin trilogy tie up idea :3 :3 :3
Couldn't help it since it says you are from Australia and I don't see you much in the Louging forums so thought I'd post my question here.

Do you watch Cricket?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #19
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_shadow View Post
Couldn't help it since it says you are from Australia and I don't see you much in the Louging forums so thought I'd post my question here.

Do you watch Cricket?
i don't have foxtel but i watch the odd game, usually the summer stuff when it is on free to air.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #20
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYLENTGuardian View Post
I don't think that was unresolved. If anything, it was the Flash/Peter rivalry that was resolved. I'd love to see them flesh out the relationship more, but I don't know if Chris Zylka will be back.
yeah, i really wanna know if flash is in the movie. if he isn't, then the harry osborn/venom rumours may be legit.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #21
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYLENTGuardian View Post
I don't think it was unresolved either..just would like to see more of it.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #22
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Here's hoping Curt comes back even for a brief scene to help Peter but then we see Curt once again losing to the Lizard which can then be extended to ASM3 so then we get Lizard 2.0 who is faster,stronger and deadlier than ever before.

Also,man in the shadows should be explained and here's hoping it is Norman.

We should get explanation of why Richard and Mary Parker left and why did the Spider bite transform Peter into Spiderman.

We should also get what happend to Ratha even if it wasn't shown in the first movie.

We should get more crane scenes because those are the best kind of scenes

We should get why Peter decided to
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
break the promise that he made to Captain Stacy

Last edited by spider_shadow; 04-12-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:51 AM   #23
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
yeah, play up peter's intelligence definitely.

he should use his smarts to gain the upper hand in a fight.
The only things we got in TASM were little evidences such as "2nd in his class", "this has gotta be the fill line", "zebra fish has the ability to regenerate cells on command", building the web shooters, the remote control door lol, and stuff like that.

I would love to see his intelligence play up in fights too. In the comics you would always see his thoughts working out a way to win a fight.

Last edited by Nicko-Ray; 04-12-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Grammatical error.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #24
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
The only things we got in TASM were little evidences such as "2nd in his class", "this has gotta be the fill line", "zebra fish has the ability to regenerate cells on command", building the web shooters, the remote control door lol, and stuff like that.

I would love to see his intelligence play up in fights too. In the comics you would always see his thoughts working out a way to win a fight.
not bad for a 17 year old.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #25
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:

yeah, he shouldn't have needed to ask connors about lizards slowing down in extremely cold conditions.

the freeze gas (the scientific name escapes me, total mental blank, anyone help me out? haha) barely even phased the lizard, however. imo a missed opportunity for spidey to both show his intelligence and have it pay off against a stronger foe.

just thinking about that scene with the gas makes me realise just how overpowered the lizard was; it's right up there with the water demon being no match for ghost rider's flames in the first ghost rider movie.

www.redlettermedia.com