The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 04-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #51
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Default Re: "Unresolved things" Story Arcs and GOOD stuff that TASM 2 must bring back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
More OsCorp. The costume from TASM 1. Connors.

Out of curiosity, what good is bringing back Ben's killer?
Some people want more definitive closure.

Personally, I think closure has been achieved already, but some others feel differently.

Drummerdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #52
AF3619
WOOO!

Default Re: "Unresolved things" Story Arcs and GOOD stuff that TASM 2 must bring back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Uncle Ben's killer.

Something useful about his parents if they're a big deal in Webb's series.

Better quips.

How about a Dr. Ratha return besides making him feel like TAS-M's version of Coleman Reese(an interesting character that just doesn't show up in the sequel).

Peter realizing that he shouldn't have broken his promise to Captain Stacy(and this could come up not just because Peter could be struggling with the choice, but if Max Dillon is Spidey's "eyes and ears", and look what happens to him, he could realize that he puts people in jeopardy).

specially the bold part

Old 04-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #53
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

Quote:
Uncle Ben's killer.

Better quips.

How about a Dr. Ratha return besides making him feel like TAS-M's version of Coleman Reese(an interesting character that just doesn't show up in the sequel).

Peter realizing that he shouldn't have broken his promise to Captain Stacy(and this could come up not just because Peter could be struggling with the choice, but if Max Dillon is Spidey's "eyes and ears", and look what happens to him, he could realize that he puts people in jeopardy).
Totally agree! I feel that these will actually happen.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #54
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Uncle Ben's killer.

Better quips.

Quote:
More OsCorp. The costume from TASM 1. Connors.

Regarding his parents and Oscorp, judging from a bunch of the Oscorp set pics, it looks like Oscorp plays a big role in this film, that being said, we know Peter's parents were involved in some way, so they go hand in hand. I feel like we'll get both a lot of Oscorp and the parents' story.

Better quips? Same. If Marc says he's a virtuoso in this, then he SHOULD have more/better quips! Haha

And I like the realization idea. If and when Gwen dies, it's gonna hit him hard. Isn't it obvious why they wrote the whole Captain Stacy, "leave gwen out of it"?

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #55
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

I would like to see a Lizard cameo sometime in the trilogy. Not necessary in this movie.

Valkyrje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #56
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Peter was swayed away from going after the killer for vengeance, but he IS a killer and should be taken in to face justice. He's still out there and letting him be is like Raimi's Spidey letting Sandman just fly away.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #57
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Peter was swayed away from going after the killer for vengeance, but he IS a killer and should be taken in to face justice. He's still out there and letting him be is like Raimi's Spidey letting Sandman just fly away.
it's not the same imo. at least in 3 they confronted one another, talked it out, and came to a mutual decision. however lame that resolution was, it was still a resolution.

currently, the lack of closure re.uncle ben's killer is something that should be wrapped up in a future movie.

if they don't think he is important to the story, which tasm1 seems to imply due to the complete abandonment of him being caught once the lizard turned up, then they should have made peter find him BEFORE the lizard came.

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #58
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
yeah maybe he runs into him gets the chance to get his revenge but he refuses to take vengance and waits a second and he just delivers the guy back to the police station, prooving that he is done with the revenge thing

Last edited by AF3619; 04-13-2013 at 12:37 AM.
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #59
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
This.I mean why should Peter let him get away?

What would you do if you were in his position?

I doubt you would do any different and even if he gets away,the memory of that event happening will still be fresh no matter if it was Peter or not.

This is why when Peter is not fighting supervillians , he will try to find the killer.

spider_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #60
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
it's not the same imo. at least in 3 they confronted one another, talked it out, and came to a mutual decision. however lame that resolution was, it was still a resolution.

currently, the lack of closure re.uncle ben's killer is something that should be wrapped up in a future movie.

if they don't think he is important to the story, which tasm1 seems to imply due to the complete abandonment of him being caught once the lizard turned up, then they should have made peter find him BEFORE the lizard came.
Are you really trying to justify Peter letting Flint Marko just float away? He didn't serve his entire time in prison as he escaped, so he should even pay for escaping as well. Let alone he robbed numerous banks, hurt and most likely killed many officers...just "coming to a mutual decision" was far from enough just in trying to push in the theme of forgiveness, which was a terrible example by the way as it also gives the reasoning of Peter is not a hero because he let the villain go.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #61
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Are you really trying to justify Peter letting Flint Marko just float away? He didn't serve his entire time in prison as he escaped, so he should even pay for escaping as well. Let alone he robbed numerous banks, hurt and most likely killed many officers...just "coming to a mutual decision" was far from enough just in trying to push in the theme of forgiveness, which was a terrible example by the way as it also gives the reasoning of Peter is not a hero because he let the villain go.
nope, not trying to justify it. just saying it was resolved, unlike uncle ben's killer.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-13-2013, 04:50 AM   #62
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Both are pretty similar, though. While Peter forgives Flint face to face, Webb's version is given a lesson on not seeking revenge, which, in a way, makes it seem like Peter will not be going after the killer as Raimi's Peter will no longer go after the killer.

But still, Webb seriously needs to bring the killer back though because even that kind of resolution as some view it to be is ridiculous, imo.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:57 AM   #63
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

about the only resolution we got in tasm1 was peter's computer monitor.

*ba dum chink*

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #64
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Peter needs to meet him sometime, yes. I hope it ends up like Peter, out of costume, stumbles upon him by chance and doesn't know what to do.

OR he stumbles upon him by chance, but in costume. Could be interesting as well. He'd really want to unmask himself to face him eye to eye and get some closure, but he can't reveal himself. He feel an urge to have revenge by harming him really bad but his character growth and sense of responsibility wins, ending up with him just webbing him up and handing him to the police just like any other criminal.

Peter shouldn't keep searching for him. He has learned that he has to move on from it now already, that he shouldn't be so selfish. Vengeance can't make things undone.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #65
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quips, more of them, and better. They almost should've just hired a small comedy writer staff for the quips. the ones in TASM tbh kinda lack delivery. Not Andrew's delivery, the scripts delivery if that makes any sense. It should be quick to the point and not so obvious.

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #66
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
The only complete part yes, but when Spidey is racing towards the Oscorp tower there are a few practical parts there

I don't know how or why, but the swinging in the SM1 and 2 movie looks more real than the swinging in TASM. Sure the dynamics are realistic in TASM, but there's just something I can't quite put my finger on with SM1&2 that makes the swinging look belivable

The TASM swinging and cgi are much more believable than SM1&2. Which scenes of Spidey swinging towards Oscorp do you think are practical? Because I'll bet what you thought was practical was cgi.

grieven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #67
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn
Good stuff that should be brought back in TASM 2?

Gee how about the suit?

And so many yes's for this one.

I wish the TASM suit was coming back with only slight modifications, but given the redesign we've seen, I'm hoping to see the change in suit explained somehow, like the TASM suit getting shredded and destroyed in a battle or something. Not necessary, but would be nice.

Want more insight into what the backstory of his parents are.

Want to see what happens to Peter and Gwen's relationship (this will obviously happen) and how Peter's broken promise to Capt Stacey haunts him.

Eager to see the continued dynamic chemistry and heartfelt romance between Peter and Gwen.

I'm curious if Aunt May knows that Peter is Spider-Man, and whether it will be made more clear in the sequels.

Want to know who the man in the shadows is.

Want a musical score and theme that hearkens back to Horner's main theme in TASM, but is maybe even more memorable and epic

grieven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #68
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

The only real closure that would occur should Ben's killer come back is Spidey forgiving him/letting go of his anger towards him which was already done (poorly) with Sandman in SM3. I'd rather they just let Peter move on and not bring the kille rback into the picture until perhaps the end of the series briefly if at all.

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #69
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

I want to know what happened to the flood in the basement:P

Joe_Kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #70
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
The only real closure that would occur should Ben's killer come back is Spidey forgiving him/letting go of his anger towards him which was already done (poorly) with Sandman in SM3. I'd rather they just let Peter move on and not bring the killer back into the picture until perhaps the end of the series briefly if at all.
But it would silence a lot of whinning! Which I hope this movie will do, it's faults are blown WAY out of proportion, seriously I've heard more people trash talk TASM than Ghost Rider: SOV, and that's just not right lol
TASM's biggest issues were similar to TDKR's, the editing made the movie feel like it was jumping from one scene to the next too quickly without letting anything really simmer, felt like the editor was hyped up on coffee or something in both movie's cases, and some of the writing felt..off at times, and seemed sometimes overly convienent (i.e. Peter putting his name on the back of his camera, Gordon knowing Bane's name in TDKR from down in the sewers when I don't think it was ever even spoken when he was held by those two guy's and presented to Bane). It's far from a bad movie, fun fact as well, TASM was the highest rated CBM by Roger Ebert last year.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #71
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
But it would silence a lot of whinning! Which I hope this movie will do, it's faults are blown WAY out of proportion, seriously I've heard more people trash talk TASM than Ghost Rider: SOV, and that's just not right lol
TASM's biggest issues were similar to TDKR's, the editing made the movie feel like it was jumping from one scene to the next too quickly without letting anything really simmer, felt like the editor was hyped up on coffee or something in both movie's cases, and some of the writing felt..off at times, and seemed sometimes overly convienent (i.e. Peter putting his name on the back of his camera, Gordon knowing Bane's name in TDKR from down in the sewers when I don't think it was ever even spoken when he was held by those two guy's and presented to Bane). It's far from a bad movie, fun fact as well, TASM was the highest rated CBM by Roger Ebert last year.
Really?? Weird

Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #72
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
The only real closure that would occur should Ben's killer come back is Spidey forgiving him/letting go of his anger towards him which was already done (poorly) with Sandman in SM3. I'd rather they just let Peter move on and not bring the kille rback into the picture until perhaps the end of the series briefly if at all.
That just defeats a purpose when a superhero lets a killer just go without bringing him to justice.

Quote:
TASM's biggest issues were similar to TDKR's, the editing made the movie feel like it was jumping from one scene to the next too quickly without letting anything really simmer, felt like the editor was hyped up on coffee or something in both movie's cases, and some of the writing felt..off at times, and seemed sometimes overly convienent (i.e. Peter putting his name on the back of his camera, Gordon knowing Bane's name in TDKR from down in the sewers when I don't think it was ever even spoken when he was held by those two guy's and presented to Bane).
Sadly, TAS-M is very different with TDKR in the terms of editing because TDKR had to say under 165 mins. TAS-M could have been longer, but it still did a poor job with the editing.

And the idea of Gordon not hearing anything of the name of Bane on film is just part of storytelling since the audience knows of Bane already from the very beginning. The script has the two guys mention taking him to Bane while they drag him down the sewers, but it makes sense that it was taken out.

Quote:
It's far from a bad movie, fun fact as well, TASM was the highest rated CBM by Roger Ebert last year.
A half a star higher than Avengers and TDKR(that both received 3 stars from Ebert). Crazy, huh? Lol.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #73
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
That just defeats a purpose when a superhero lets a killer just go without bringing him to justice.

Sadly, TAS-M is very different with TDKR in the terms of editing because TDKR had to say under 165 mins. TAS-M could have been longer, but it still did a poor job with the editing.

And the idea of Gordon not hearing anything of the name of Bane on film is just part of storytelling since the audience knows of Bane already from the very beginning. The script has the two guys mention taking him to Bane while they drag him down the sewers, but it makes sense that it was taken out.

A half a star higher than Avengers and TDKR(that both received 3 stars from Ebert). Crazy, huh? Lol.
3/4 translates to 75/100, while 3.5 is 88/100, I'd say that's a difference lol an entire grade, from C to B+. And the reason why I cited that is because that's how Bruce learned about Bane, from JGL's character telling him about him due to Gordan having learned his name, but he doesnt in context to the movie since as you said, the movie cut that scene. Also, the fact that Bruce got back to Gotham at the end with little to no explanation and his spine healing so quickly. And no one really connecting the fact that when Batman disappeared Bruce disappeared as well, and when Bruce reappeared Batman reppeared as well. Also, I'm fairly certain a lot of the critical reception was slightly heightened due to the hype created by TDK, which even critics fall under, proven further when it comes to critics who even said TASM was a decent-good movie, but rated it lower due to it being a reboot. Critics can be just as biased as the common folk.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #74
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
3/4 translates to 75/100, while 3.5 is 88/100, I'd say that's a difference lol an entire grade, from C to B+. And the reason why I cited that is because that's how Bruce learned about Bane, from JGL's character telling him about him due to Gordan having learned his name, but he doesnt in context to the movie since as you said, the movie cut that scene. Also, the fact that Bruce got back to Gotham at the end with little to no explanation and his spine healing so quickly. And no one really connecting the fact that when Batman disappeared Bruce disappeared as well, and when Bruce reappeared Batman reppeared as well.
Hey, if trying to make the grade sound better helps you out, then by all means, think what you want

I would do the same if I was in your position.

And it doesn't matter what Blake tells Bruce. The audience is already aware of the name of Bane and if the CIA also knows a thing about him, then you could even suggest surely Gordon would even if we don't see any mercenary mention his name. Plus, Gordon brings up an underground army as well but the way Gordon looks around, he only sees a few people. Go ahead, complain about that too, lol.

And why bring up other nitpicks?

We don't need to see how Bruce arrives at Gotham because it was special that Bruce first shows up talking to Selina. But look at how Bruce is a trained ninja and even the Special Forces members got in Gotham pretty easy. Using your own imagination won't hurt you, just like what you want to believe on what Blake does at the end of the film.

His spine healing from a protruding vertebrae is a bit out there since it heals in months while he's hanging on a rope, I'll even agree to that, but I'm totally fine with that idea. We got the idea of the whole Knightfall arc where Bane breaks the Bat and Bruce heals. I like to view that the Pit does hold some fantastical ideas in it though as Bruce heals, his knee seems to have gotten better, he had a vision of Ra's al Ghul.

It only takes a chance for someone to talk to Lucius Fox who could say when he last saw Bruce, which was the day before Batman "died". And that's when Bruce could have died, the day before.

Quote:
Also, I'm fairly certain a lot of the critical reception was slightly heightened due to the hype created by TDK, which even critics fall under, proven further when it comes to critics who even said TASM was a decent-good movie, but rated it lower due to it being a reboot. Critics can be just as biased as the common folk.
Very weird way of thinking it besides the notion that critics loved it as a finale and all, but okay.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 04-13-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #75
chaseter
Bland User

TASM's problems were partially to do with the editing yes. The writing is the other huge neg the movie had going against it. They should have been more worried about making a good movie than laying down a mediocre foundation for future films.

Fun fact: Avengers was the highest rated superhero movie last year by far.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote