The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #51
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 40

It shouldn't be hard to do a good poster for the first film in the series, I actually really REALLY liked the poster for Superman Returns, it baffles me why they didn't use it for the dvd/blu ray.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Old 04-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #52
Denish
Side-Kick

This is one of the most beautiful poster I've ever seen..

Old 04-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #53
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
The more MoS footage I get, the happier I am, but I do hate the upcoming trend of 3-minute trailers.
keep in mind last trailer was 2:32 and did'nt say lick about storyline and had zero shots of faora and 1 shot of lois and zod and only dialogue from the kents and superman

Old 04-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #54
supermanbat
Side-Kick

is there any chance the trailer will be attached to 42?? maybe cell phone footage soon?

Old 04-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #55
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanbat View Post
is there any chance the trailer will be attached to 42?? maybe cell phone footage soon?
Oh God, why would you do that to yourself?! Wait a few days and watch it in glorious 1080p HD!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #56
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I don't mind three minute trailers as long as they are reserved for the final trailer.

If the first, second, and third trailers for a film were 3 minutes long, it would be overkill.
As mentioned before… modern movie trailers are restricted to 2:30 or less by the MPAA. But several sources say (though I can’t find an “official” citation) that each studio member of the MPAA is allowed 1 exemption per year to go over 2:30 (up to some other maximum, presumably). So take it for what it’s worth that WB decided to spend their allocation on MOS’s #3.

(Btw, this all applies to theatrical trailers. Some internet trailers clock in at several minutes.)

Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #57
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I don't mind three minute trailers as long as they are reserved for the final trailer.

If the first, second, and third trailers for a film were 3 minutes long, it would be overkill.
Yes, TASM comes to mind. The Teaser was, what? Almost three minutes long?

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 04-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #58
Project862006
Banned User

was'nt tasm teaser just spidey swinging in first person view lol

Old 04-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #59
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
Yes. Haha I absolutely hated it.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #60
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
It wasn't just that but that was the backend of it. I thought it was a good teaser myself.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #61
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

I don't agree with how much crap some teasers get, they are usually supposed to be logos with music, so the fact teasers have footage at all is pretty generous on a studios part.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Old 04-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #62
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Well, Teaser #2 which later was relabeled Trailer #1 (I lost count of how many there were).

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."

Last edited by DoomsdayApex; 04-12-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #63
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
As mentioned before… modern movie trailers are restricted to 2:30 or less by the MPAA. But several sources say (though I can’t find an “official” citation) that each studio member of the MPAA is allowed 1 exemption per year to go over 2:30 (up to some other maximum, presumably). So take it for what it’s worth that WB decided to spend their allocation on MOS’s #3.

(Btw, this all applies to theatrical trailers. Some internet trailers clock in at several minutes.)
What a random little rule. WB really REALLY seems to have a lot of faith behind this film. I'd guess they'd have to...their entire future superhero tentpole plans ride on this one film, that a lot of potential box office dough.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #64
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

The promotional campaign for this movie had me thinking the big brains at WB were crazy or stupid. Now with the drought over, the influx of images, the EW article, and now possibly a 3 minuet trailer... Maybe they really were geniuses all along? They certainly have had a much different promotional campaign the every other summer Blockbuster and it seemed quite deliberately so.

I predict not only SHH, but the entire internet will be set ablaze by a good 3 minuet trailer. I do hope a little of the train slangin' and heat vision blasts makes its way into that trailer.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #65
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

http://www.fastcocreate.com/1682759/...ation-and-usin

Goyer talks about his work on both MoS and Da Vinci’s Demons, and his relationship with Nolan/Snyder.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #66
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

The Foara/Lois pic, in greater quality.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #67
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
I don't agree with how much crap some teasers get, they are usually supposed to be logos with music, so the fact teasers have footage at all is pretty generous on a studios part.
Well said a teaser is just that a teaser. Its like when people had a go at the MOS teasers, they were only meant to tease the movie to show that its coming.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #68
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
The promotional campaign for this movie had me thinking the big brains at WB were crazy or stupid. Now with the drought over, the influx of images, the EW article, and now possibly a 3 minuet trailer... Maybe they really were geniuses all along? They certainly have had a much different promotional campaign the every other summer Blockbuster and it seemed quite deliberately so.

I predict not only SHH, but the entire internet will be set ablaze by a good 3 minuet trailer. I do hope a little of the train slangin' and heat vision blasts makes its way into that trailer.
No harm is setting the entire internet ablaze with the first trailer...
I suppose this approach has it's benefits as well.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #69
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Not to say I told you so but when everyone was panicking over the lack of marketing, I wasn't worried at all. It was clear to me they wanted to market this film in a similar timeline like TDKR.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #70
dark_b
Side-Kick

just because we get new footage i will not change my opinion on the marketing. they started to late.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #71
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post

After the first five days,we will know how smart they were , one way or the other.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #72
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
just because we get new footage i will not change my opinion on the marketing. they started to late.
Such a pessimist

Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #73
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
I Agree.
A lot of people still dont know MOS is out there.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #74
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I do think they could've have done some stuff earlier but if the film is a big hit then they'll have been right to do it as they have. Although if it isn't it doesn't mean an early marketing campaign would have changed that.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #75
Mikelus
Islander

It seems Goyer and Nolan like Smallville, there are many similarities between the series and MOS, even the tornadoe! And if some spoilers are true, it could be argued is SV 2.0, Snyder style.

For example, the Kents are relatively young and good looking, even the jacket that Costner’s Jonathan Kent sports in the trailer looks similar to the one that John Schneider’s Jonathan used in Smallville. Diane Lane's Martha will be very important as Annette O’Toole's was in Smallville, as the loving and supportive mom. Clark also struggles with being different, as he grows into adulthood, both of these Clarks have doubts about who they are and what they want to be.

And if Lois knows the secret and gives Clark the idea of the glasses, then it would be another one from Smallville, I don't think is a coincidence. Anyway, what matters is that the movie is well-written and executed, and has the success it needs to continue the franchise.

Closed Thread