Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #76
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
True, but they may lose in the game if they just crank it out.
Uh, Spider-Man 2 was "cranked out" in two years after the first... and it was fantastic. Still the best Spidey movie made IMO.

And with WB being so pleased with how MOS turned out, I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder and Goyer have already worked on an outline for a possible sequel. If they already have a story they like laid out, all they have to do is wait for WB's signal to move forward after MOS' opening weekend.

And that doesn't mean WB will just rush it... hopefully Nolan will give notes on the sequel outline before they attach a writer.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 04-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #77
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

I think they've given Lois probably her best role/material in this film. She's an investigative journalist tracking reports of a "drifter capable of superhuman feats", then when she finally encounters Clark/Superman that's when their relationship begins to form. Making her an integral part of "disguising" Clark, be it from SV or not, is a great and novel approach I'd say.

Overall, MOS Lois:

Old 04-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #78
X Knight
Straight Edge

soooo........anything new today?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #79
i_Cam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Lol. After all that we've gotten this sounds funny but I've felt like that too.

I took some time and went through the photo/no discussion thread. Amazing that it's been since 2011 when we first started seeing images.

Almost there...

Old 04-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #80
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
I think they've given Lois probably her best role/material in this film. She's an investigative journalist tracking reports of a "drifter capable of superhuman feats", then when she finally encounters Clark/Superman that's when their relationship begins to form. Making her an integral part of "disguising" Clark, be it from SV or not, is a great and novel approach I'd say.

Overall, MOS Lois:
Yes it is. I loved that in SV and thus, I'm BEYOND happy they are using it here.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #81
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I do think they could've have done some stuff earlier but if the film is a big hit then they'll have been right to do it as they have. Although if it isn't it doesn't mean an early marketing campaign would have changed that.
Some people don't have any patience and have a very bad (or selective) memory. Last year some fans were whining too about TDKR's marketing:

Quote:
A number of fans have complained that the majority of Warner Bros.’ marketing for The Dark Knight Rises has failed to get them excited for Christopher Nolan’s final Batman movie (advance ticket sales say otherwise, but moving on…). It appears the studio has really just been holding back on revealing too much from the film until “the last minute,” as several rip-roaring trailers and TV spots for TDKR have been released over the past month (forcing the naysayers to back off).
http://screenrant.com/dark-knight-ri...-sandy-182147/

Old 04-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #82
acedrake
Side-Kick

Default No Kryptonite? YES!!!

I have always though that kryptonite has outlived its usefulness as a means to put superman in danger. Just like the yellow impurity of the green lantern ring ,kryptonite has to go and remove those other annoying superman weakness. They were created because superman was too powerful and writers needed a quick way to bring him down. But now he has a loads more of weaknesses and the other heroes none. It makes him less special.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #83
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Not yet. I'm personally hoping for a viral or announcement of when the trailer will hit, since we know its coming soon.

Some sources say it will be this tuesday, but I'd still like something official.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #84
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

I'm excited for the trailer! I hope the IMDB description was accurate!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #85
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

Overall, MOS Lois:
Definitely its funny but I think Lois not figuring it out on her own makes her comes across as kind of dumb. I loved what they did on Smallville, she knew but waited for him to tell her, very well done.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #86
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post
Some people don't have any patience and have a very bad (or selective) memory. Last year some fans were whining too about TDKR's marketing:

Exactly.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #87
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Loving everything we are hearing, seeing, etc. This movie is going to be incredible.

The drought is no more!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #88
Luane
Side-Kick

I did'nt know that there'd be a sequel. I look forward to watch it. Will they make a trilogy as Batman movies ?

Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #89
X Knight
Straight Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Not yet. I'm personally hoping for a viral or announcement of when the trailer will hit, since we know its coming soon.

Some sources say it will be this tuesday, but I'd still like something official.
hopefully the new trailer will be just as epic as the last one!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #90
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
hopefully the new trailer will be just as epic as the last one!!
Me wonders at random if X Knight is a CM Punk fan....

Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #91
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Default Re: No Kryptonite? YES!!!

I like kryptonite from time to time. It works well in Richard Donner's Superman. However, it is a relief to know that something else (physical combat) will be hurting Superman this time around.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #92
Torrente
Side-Kick

Now that we've had this new info overload it's nice to go back to the teaser for both Pa Kent and Jor-El and realize how beautiful they are, of course it helps that they have Howard Shore's amazing final bit of The Bridge Of Khazad Dum, also watching the trailer I noticed even more Russell Crowe's expression when they're kissing baby Kal-El goodbye and you can tell he's devastated in those 2 seconds of image...

I'm getting very nostalgic (in a good way) now that we're so close, easily my most anticipated movie ever, hopefully it'll live to its expectations.

Hope we all come out of the movie theater with the biggest smile on our faces possible! Cheers to our new Superman!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #93
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
just because we get new footage i will not change my opinion on the marketing. they started to late.
I think we'll find out quickly how many youtube hits/twitter trending the 3rd trailer has in the first 7 days whether or not the general curiosity is there....

Old 04-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #94
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

I think Kryptonite would be better held off for a sequel, preferably in a Luthor/Metallo story

Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #95
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

I'm not sure it has to be removed altogether,maybe just have a lot less of it knocking about. If it does get used in future films then I'd like to see there be only one small fragment that gets found,as it's so incredibly rare due to the vast distances between Krypton and Earth. And then once it gets used in the movie it ends up being destroyed for good,maybe along with the death of Metallo?

The movie could show Luthor trying to recreate it and coming up with red or a variety of green? Who knows.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #96
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
Now that we've had this new info overload it's nice to go back to the teaser for both Pa Kent and Jor-El and realize how beautiful they are, of course it helps that they have Howard Shore's amazing final bit of The Bridge Of Khazad Dum, also watching the trailer I noticed even more Russell Crowe's expression when they're kissing baby Kal-El goodbye and you can tell he's devastated in those 2 seconds of image...

I'm getting very nostalgic (in a good way) now that we're so close, easily my most anticipated movie ever, hopefully it'll live to its expectations.

Hope we all come out of the movie theater with the biggest smile on our faces possible! Cheers to our new Superman!
Its inevitable that not everyone will like it but I know I'm gonna love it. Its the best mix of ingredients for a film I've ever seen.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #97
X Knight
Straight Edge

Quote:
Me wonders at random if X Knight is a CM Punk fan....

why?? because I'm straight edge?

but yeah......I am a CM Punk fan.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #98
dark_b
Side-Kick

no kryptonite in the first movie or no kryptonite in the MOS universe?

Old 04-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #99
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

I expect the new MOS trailer to be equivalent to this, just probably a bit more coherent and more story focused towards the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQqjK47c04

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #100
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Needs to be said; Diane Lane is the hottest Martha Kent ever, and it makes me feel incredibly old that Michael Pare's hot singer girlfriend from Streets of Fire is now old enough to play Superman's mother.

Oh yes and If BB and TDKR didn't clue me in on the fact that WB was never going to "drop the ball" on the marketing on the film, then i would have joined the rest of the people hiding their impatience and obsessive need for footage behind manufactured concern about the film's marketing tactics and financial success. Unless people wanted a viral campaign (which never really does much other that satisfy forum dwellers)

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Closed Thread