The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #826
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 5

I think It's fair to assume A lof of future Background will be CGI,and the Sentinles will
be completly CGI.Let's hope unlike Origins couldn't be as good as weapon X flashbacks In X2 that the future scenes blows away the homage to DOFP In the danger room sequenze In
last Stand.And seeing the future Scenes In 3-d will be worth paying more money.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #827
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
This film is definitely going to be a different than normal X-Men film we are used too. The 3D, likely bigger budget, new camera technology, and more sci-fi elements. Also this is likely the longest X-Men film yet.
From your keyboard to Gods ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 05-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #828
Angamb
Banned User

love pics like this!! no character pic, but makes me really excited for the scope of the movie.

Agree with most comments, this movie will be HUGE visually. Cant wait

Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #829
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
That photo is really our first clue on just how huge this film is. Gonna look pretty out of place in relation to the previous films... which isn't a bad thing.
Eh, depends on how photorealistic they make it look. Prometheus looked very realistic, Avatar on the other hand was more fantastical looking.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #830
Mr. Dent
Banned User

This is going to look gorgeous. I can just imagine Sentinels and the mutants in Avatar quality.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #831
Snikt
Side-Kick

Has anyone else read the article about Marvel Studios possibly facing trouble re-signing the actors for The Avengers 2?

It just makes me happy that even if Fox doesn't always treat the characters in the best way, at least they make sure the actors return for multiple pictures.

Hugh Jackman will make his seventh appearance as Wolverine, all the original X-Men stayed on through the entire trilogy, and Fox has made sure the originals return along with Hoult, Fassbender MacAvoy and Lawrence .

Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #832
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

I guess Bryan has a different opinion on native 3D then Zach Snyder does. Can't wait to feel the scope of this damn thing. It has the potential to be the most epic film ever in the genre.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #833
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I'm really getting too damn excited for this movie, I fear it won't live up to my expectations... should that be the case, I'm blaming you, JP.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #834
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Has anyone else read the article about Marvel Studios possibly facing trouble re-signing the actors for The Avengers 2?
Can't stand Marvel's greed, even Whedon's acknowledged it.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #835
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Can't stand Marvel's greed, even Whedon's acknowledged it.
Not only that, but I thought Evans and Hemsworth each signed on for six movies. Why the hell is there trouble "re-signing" them for Avengers 2?

Just glad to see Marvel's Mighty Mutants returning to the big screen with no muss or fuss.

For the X-Men actors it seemed, "Really? Another X-Men movie? Bryan Singer is returning to direct?...yeah I'm there!"

Old 05-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #836
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
I guess Bryan has a different opinion on native 3D then Zach Snyder does.
It's getting better imo, but I understand Snyder's pov on working with 3D. Same with Nolan's and Michael Bay's. I agree more with them tbh, I have alot of respect for the side that pushes that tech though. It will only get better and give the Director more control in the future.

Last edited by def28; 05-07-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #837
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I'm really getting too damn excited for this movie, I fear it won't live up to my expectations... should that be the case, I'm blaming you, JP.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #838
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I love the scope of this film from that pic Bryan tweeted but let's hope Bryan manages his budget better. We don't want another Jack the Giant Slayer over-budget mess!

Old 05-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #839
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess Bryan has a different opinion on native 3D then Zach Snyder does. Can't wait to feel the scope of this damn thing. It has the potential to be the most epic film ever in the genre.
Conversions will never look as good as actually shooting in native 3D. It's basically the equivalent of shooting a film in black and white, and then colorizing it in post-production.

I can understand being a film purist and shooting in 3D requires you to switch to digital, but actually stating that a conversion actually looks better is downright laughable.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #840
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
@BryanSinger Shooting native 3D and Simul-cam. Looks like friggin mission control. pic.twitter.com/RoDPvmhwpA

I can't wait to see the film in 3D!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 05-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #841
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
I can understand being a film purist and shooting in 3D requires you to switch to digital, but actually stating that a conversion actually looks better is downright laughable.
Did Snyder say that? I thought his issues were more 3D technicians telling him how to make a film.

If a film has the proper time to convert it can look pretty damn solid.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #842
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

It just makes me happy that even if Fox doesn't always treat the characters in the best way, at least they make sure the actors return for multiple pictures.

Hugh Jackman will make his seventh appearance as Wolverine, all the original X-Men stayed on through the entire trilogy, and Fox has made sure the originals return along with Hoult, Fassbender MacAvoy and Lawrence .
It's possable BS.Except for Robert DOwney JR the all still have multipicture deals.
He Is big question mark for avengers sequel.On front page I have said In comments people shouldn't assume he will be back for sequel.Iron Man 3 ends
his contract with Marvel.It's going to take a fortune to get him back.

Marvel studios can be cheap.They almost ost Samuel L Jackson due to lowballing his contract after Iron Man.Mickey Rourke almost passed on Iron Man 2 due to low offer.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #843
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

It just makes me happy that even if Fox doesn't always treat the characters in the best way, at least they make sure the actors return for multiple pictures. Hugh Jackman will make his seventh appearance as Wolverine, all the original X-Men stayed on through the entire trilogy, and Fox has made sure the originals return along with Hoult, Fassbender MacAvoy and Lawrence .
And back in 2006, people said it was gonna be impossible for FOX to bring back the original cast for a fourth X-Men film because it was gonna be too expensive. LOL. That never crossed my mind. They didn't seem to have any problem bringing them back this year.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #844
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Did Snyder say that? I thought his issues were more 3D technicians telling him how to make a film.

If a film has the proper time to convert it can look pretty damn solid.
He did.

"It is just my humble opinion, but it (post conversion) is better than native now."

Old 05-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #845
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
He did.

"It is just my humble opinion, but it (post conversion) is better than native now."
I thought that was all in relation to his comments about how native 3D restricts the actual shooting of a film. If that wasn't the case I disagree with him that it's better visually. Though imo, DOTM proved you can switch back and forth pretty seamless without noticing what was shot in 3D if converted properly.

Last edited by def28; 05-08-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #846
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

It looks like TASM2 will be going the conversion route shooting on Kodak. The first film was shot in native 3D using the Epic and it looked great on the screen. Its a small camera that doesn't weigh too much so I assume the change to film is more for aesthetics then camera restrictions.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #847
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, most shoot either Red MX or Alexa I think. Pretty crazy how many films are released digital now. I'm actually pretty stoked ASM2 will be shot on 35mm.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:26 AM   #848
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Does anyone even care about the 3D in films itself these days? It just seems like the expected thing when you're seeing a blockbuster movie now, to see it in 3d but does anyone actually appreciate it?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #849
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

There is definitely an audience for it, but it's viewed more cynically in North America and Western Europe. I like the option but prefer 2D for the most part.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #850
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Does anyone even care about the 3D in films itself these days? It just seems like the expected thing when you're seeing a blockbuster movie now, to see it in 3d but does anyone actually appreciate it?
I appreciate it if the 3D is well done. Anyway, sometimes people are forced to watch 3D due to some reasons. Its nice that there are directors like Singer that took the effort in shooting the entire film in 3D instead of just converting the film into 3D just to earn more money at the box-office.

Closed Thread