The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #601
LuisTX85
Z

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Can't Stop Doing The Fan...dan...go!

I'm shocked they put that match with Benoit in,It can't be cause the match was a big deal cause it wasn't that good and only important/noteworthy that came out of it was Henning turning on Flair and joining the nWo

Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 AM   #602
The Dark Defender
Unite and Fight

I actually loved that War Games match and it'll be awesome to own it, I'm sure I mainly just love it because of the nostalgia though.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #603
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabarR View Post
What if WWE decides to give one of the Divas an obsession over Johnny "Fandango" Curtis, like maybe............................................ AJ?
For the love of tap dancing Christ would you let it go. They are not at this moment going to split up Ziggler and AJ, same as they are not turning kaitlyn heel.

Youve got this personal inflexible opinion that so much so you've not only beaten this dead horse you've bloody humped the poor thing into mulch.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #604
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainchild81 View Post
They still woulda sucked. Never saw anything in Evolution. Always came off as a VERY poor man's 4Horsemen w/HHH once again desperately trying to be like Flair. Always knew they wouldn't last & I'm glad they didn't. I'm not sure about anybody else, but I always saw Christian as the heir apparent to Flair's throne. I vaguely remember some matches he had w/the likes of RVD & Gangrel & it always seemed like cheating/dirty/slick moves just came so naturally to him. I think Christian had "it" in spades & if he woulda been allowed to, he could have really been big. I also think Christian was buried partly because there was fear the crowd would have been routing for him instead Cena. The crowd would have made him the face in that feud and Vince didn't want that so they made sure to keep them on separate shows and bury Christian as much as possible.This is awesome news!! I hope Raw's ratings go str8 into the toilet & Cena's merch sales see a HUGE drop! Then maybe things might change
To me, the worst thing about Evolution was that it failed to complete what the entire point I I should have been, which is really put over Randy Orton. Yes, it did propel him to main event status, but as soon a he beat Benoit for the title and looked like he was actually gettin really over with the crowd, HHH broke out the shovel and made it all about him.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #605
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainchild81 View Post
This is awesome news!! I hope Raw's ratings go str8 into the toilet & Cena's merch sales see a HUGE drop! Then maybe things might change
Cena's merchandise sales will never drop. If kids and young teenagers stop buying Cena shirts, then 3 weeks later WWE.com will start selling a new line of suspiciously familiar green, yellow and purple cloth diapers, at $5/dozen.

By the time 2013 is out, Cena would have moved more merchandise than Hogan and Austin combined.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #606
Donnie Darko

I'm really happy WWE is pushing the Fandango theme now. I thought the character was stupid and didn't have any business on Wrestlemania against Jericho (like everyone else in the world). Then, the Raw after WM, a "smart" crowd entertains themselves by singing/dancing along with his theme (which was hilarious), and all of a sudden the Internet loved the guy, and it's so cool to like Fandango and/or his theme. It's like people completely change their tune on Fandango because one crowd made a huge joke out of his theme song. It was funny for about a day, but I was getting tires of people all of a sudden being Fandango fans and talking like they always liked him or wanted him to get a big push.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #607
bullets
bang bang

Now that WWE is in on the joke it's not funny anymore. They are going to overdue it with Fandango. I think older fans will get annoyed , but the kids will still sing along like they do with R-truth.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #608
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Its here to stay!

Old 04-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #609
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Now that WWE is in on the joke it's not funny anymore. They are going to overdue it with Fandango. I think older fans will get annoyed , but the kids will still sing along like they do with R-truth.
Once Cole started rambling on about it during Raw, I knew it was over.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #610
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
Its here to stay!
Yeah so were MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 04-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #611
Donnie Darko

Nice. So now we can all go back to bein annoyed that they are shoving Fandango down our throats.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #612
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
Nice. So now we can all go back to bein annoyed that they are shoving Fandango down our throats.
There still in London next week, so we don't know how long this will last.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 04-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #613
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

The Fandango craze was started by a smarky crowd, and it will take a smarky crowd to end it.

Basically the WWE needs to stay out of Toronto, Montreal, Philly and NY/NJ for a little while.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #614
sweetre15
Positive Page

Yesterday marked the 1st day of the 2013 WWE European Tour which opened with
WWE RAW live in Ahoy, Rotterdam (Netherlands).. Here are the results:

Zack Ryder def. Heath Slater
(midway through the FANDANGO theme was being chanted and stayed alive
troughout the entire show)

R-Truth def. Antonio Cesaro
(crowd was loud for Truths WHATS UP)

William Regal def. Michael McGillicutty
(Regal was way over)

The Funkadactyls & Kaitlyn def. Bellas & Tamina

Dolph Ziggler def. Daniel Bryan (for World Heavyweight Championship)
(absolute the best match of the night, very loud YES YES YES chants for
Bryan, Ziggler played the crowd and won via Zig-Zag)

–intermission–

Brodus Clay & Sweet T def. Team Rhodes Scholars

Big E vs Kane went to a no-contest due to interference of Ziggler and Bryan.
Vicki came out and restarted the match as a tag team match:
Team Hell No def. Big E & Dolph Ziggler

Main event TABLES match: John Cena def. Ryback (for WWE Championship) -
Ryback attempted a shellshock and was reversed into AA by Cena. After the win
Cena left the ring and arena pretty fast.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #615
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
The Fandango craze was started by a smarky crowd, and it will take a smarky crowd to end it.

Basically the WWE needs to stay out of Toronto, Montreal, Philly and NY/NJ for a little while.
Well then its a good thing they'll be in the UK for a while.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #616
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Photos from press conference to announce new WWE Training Center in Orlando:

Official Press Release:

Quote:
NEW WWE® PERFORMANCE CENTER OPENING

STAMFORD, Conn., April 18, 2013 – Opening this summer, the WWE state-of-the-art Performance Center will serve as the new home to WWE’s talent developmental system, recently re-branded NXT® and create nearly 100 high-wage jobs in Orlando, Florida.

With 26,000 square-feet, seven training rings, a world-class strength and conditioning program and cutting-edge edit and production facilities, the new Performance Center will give WWE the ability to train more potential performers than ever before through a comprehensive program including in-ring training, physical preparedness and character development. The new center will be the training ground for talent that includes former professional and collegiate athletes, Olympians and entertainers, and will offer a best-in-class sports medicine program creating a central location for all WWE talent to receive the best care both in and out of the ring.

“Our economy has created nearly 300,000 new private sector jobs in just over two years, meaning that thousands of Florida families now have the opportunity to pursue their dreams,” said Governor Rick Scott. “WWE could have chosen anywhere in the world to house this new global performance center – and they chose the Sunshine State. Today’s announcement that WWE will create nearly 100 more jobs for families in Central Florida is further proof that everything we do is geared towards job creation and it’s working.”

“We are so excited that WWE has chosen to establish its training and talent development operations in Central Florida,” said Teresa Jacobs, Mayor of Orange County. “In addition to strengthening our burgeoning entertainment production industry, the WWE Performance Center brings high-value jobs, capital investment and continued economic expansion to our area.”

Today’s announcement solidifies WWE’s presence in Orlando and evolves WWE’s partnership with Full Sail University. Last year, WWE and Full Sail announced an innovative partnership that moved live tapings of WWE NXT series, WWE’s weekly one-hour show that broadcasts on WWE.com and in more than 60 countries worldwide, to Full Sail Live, the university’s state-of-the-art performance venue. The partnership, which created a new student scholarship fund, also allows students of the university’s entertainment-focused degree programs, including Film, Show Production, Digital Arts and Design, Internet Marketing and Entertainment Business, to gain real-world experience alongside WWE production staff during WWE NXT tapings.

“The WWE Performance Center and our partnership with Full Sail University are critical to the future of our company,” said Paul “Triple H®” Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent and Live Events, WWE. “Orlando is now the home to the next generation of WWE Superstars.”

"Collaborating with WWE has elevated the education experience here at Full Sail University by creating many opportunities for our students to gain hands-on experience by being mentored by some of the best minds in the entertainment production industry," said Garry Jones, President of Full Sail University. "We are excited to welcome WWE to the neighborhood and can't wait to see what the future holds for this evolving partnership."

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #617
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Nice to see HHH putting all that sledgehammer training to good use.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #618
venom892
Got Lucky

What you don't know is Hunter takes a sledgehammer and shovel everywhere he goes. Just in case.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #619
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Looks like Mason Ryan hasn't been hanging around the tanning bed as much as he used to.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #620
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

****, I didn't even recognize Mason Ryan.

And with all the sledgehammers Haitch gave out, that's his personal pledge to bury each and every one of them when they make it to the main roster. Aren't they so lucky!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #621
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
****, I didn't even recognize Mason Ryan.

And with all the sledgehammers Haitch gave out, that's his personal pledge to bury each and every one of them when they make it to the main roster. Aren't they so lucky!
In the case of Paige, he'll give one to Stephanie.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #622
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

He's so happy.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #623
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

What the hell took Joe so long? Was he at the buffet?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #624
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
WWEDVDNews.com is reporting the following matches will be featured on the new DVD documenting War Games in June:

- Ultimate Jeopardy Steel Cage Match from ECW CyberSlam 1999: The Dudleys and Mustafa vs. New Jack, Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney

- War Games from WCW Fall Brawl 1997: Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Konnan and Buff Bagwell vs. Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Curt Hennig and Steve "Mongo" McMichael
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
I'm shocked they put that match with Benoit in
I'm stunned as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Defender View Post
I actually loved that War Games match and it'll be awesome to own it.
It's such a great concept for a match...I even liked TNA's similar Lethal Lockdown match.

Here's the full match listing for the War Games dvd:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
DISC 1

Creating the War Games

War Games Match
The Super Powers (Dusty Rhodes, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff & Paul Ellering) vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard & J.J. Dillon)
Great American Bash – Atlanta, GA • July 4, 1987

Great American Bash On Tour

War Games Match
Dusty Rhodes, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff & Paul Ellering vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard) & The War Machine
Great American Bash – Miami, FL • July 31, 1987

A Different Type of Animal

Tower of Doom Match
The Road Warriors, “Dr. Death” Steve Williams, Ron Garvin & Jimmy Garvin vs. Kevin Sullivan, Mike Rotunda, Al Perez, Russian Assassin & Ivan Koloff
Great American Bash • July 10, 1988

Brutality

War Games Match
Dusty Rhodes, Lex Luger, Nikita Koloff, “Dr. Death” Steve Williams & Paul Ellering vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard & J.J. Dillon)
Great American Bash Tour – Greensboro, NC • July 16, 1988

Live Events

War Games Match
The Road Warriors, The Midnight Express & “Dr. Death” Steve Williams vs. The Fabulous Freebirds & The Samoan Swat Team
Great American Bash • July 23, 1989

DISC 2

Getting Replaced

War Games Match
The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Sid Vicious, Barry Windham & Larry Zbyszko) vs. Sting, Brian Pillman, & The Steiner Brothers
WCW WrestleWar • February 24, 1991

Talent Change

War Games Match
Sting’s Squadron (Sting, Nikita Koloff, Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat & Barry Windham) vs. The Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Steve Austin, Larry Zbyszko & Rick Rude)
WCW WrestleWar • May 17, 1992

The Almighty Dollar

War Games Match
Sting, Davey Boy Smith, Dustin Rhodes & The Shockmaster vs. Sid Vicious, Vader & Harlem Heat
WCW Fall Brawl • September 19, 1993

A Really Special Night

War Games Match
Dusty Rhodes, Dustin Rhodes & The Nasty Boys vs. Terry Funk, Arn Anderson, Bunkhouse Buck & Colonel Robert Parker
WCW Fall Brawl • September 18, 1994

DISC 3

Pride in Their Product

War Games Match
The Hulkamaniacs (Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Lex Luger & Sting) vs. The Dungeon of Doom (Kamala the Ugandan Giant, The Zodiac, The Shark & Meng)
WCW Fall Brawl • September 17, 1995

Glimmer of a Fire

War Games Match
Team nWo (“Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & A Mystery Partner) vs. Team WCW (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger & Sting)
WCW Fall Brawl • September 15, 1996

Pulling Out Every Stop

War Games Match
Team nWo (Kevin Nash, Buff Bagwell, Syxx & Konnan) vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Steve McMichael, Chris Benoit & Curt Hennig)
WCW Fall Brawl • September 14, 1997

The Talent Made The War Games

War Games Match
Team WCW (Diamond Dallas Page, Roddy Piper & The Warrior) vs. Team Hollywood (“Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, Stevie Ray & Bret Hart) vs. Team Wolfpac (Kevin Nash, Sting & Lex Luger)
WCW Fall Brawl • September 13, 1998

The End of the War Games

War Games 2000 Match
Sting, Booker T, Goldberg & KroniK vs. Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner & The Harris Brothers
WCW Monday Nitro • September 4, 2000

The Main Event

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES
Rage in the Cage Match
Brian Lee, Jimmy Golden, Ricky Morton, Robert Fuller & Robert Gibson vs. Kevin Sullivan, Killer Kyle, The Tazmaniac , Stan Lane & Tom Prichard
Smoky Mountain Wrestling: Volunteer Slam II • May 9, 1993

Ultimate Jeopardy Steel Cage Match
Tommy Dreamer, Public Enemy & The Pitbulls vs. Raven, Stevie Richards, The Eliminators & The Heavenly Bodies
ECW December to Dismember • December 9, 1995

Ultimate Jeopardy Steel Cage Match
Buh Buh Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley & Mustafa Saed vs. New Jack, Axl Rotten & Balls Mahoney
ECW CyberSlam • April 3, 1999

War Games Fantasy Booking with Dusty Rhodes

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/match-list...wwe-dvd/39302/

Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #625
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

Just tuned into Impact. Mickie looks hotter than ever!

hahaha at Daniels and Kazarian singing!