The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #51
Calavera
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Can't Stop Doing The Fan...dan...go!

i said id stop watching after mania but i want to keep watching to see what ziggles will do next

oh and buy this game

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #52
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread has been too damn good for too damn long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Andino View Post
God I hope they include that Raw on the Blu-Ray of WM 29 so much.
I still wouldn't buy the Blu-Ray.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
Old 04-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #53
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts View Post
I still wouldn't buy the Blu-Ray.
The ONLY reason I'm buying it is for the HOF ceremony. If that Raw is included though it'll make it a totally acceptable purchase.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #54
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Scott Hall joined Inside The Ropes this past Thursday to talk about getting sober and his career in professional wrestling. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

About being a top guy in the WWE today and his son Cody going there: "I donít get to watch a lot of WWE, but through this internet thing, Some people comment about a guy becoming the World Champ or the US champ and a couple of weeks later heís down the card in the opening match. I think that kills the image of being a top guy. But I guess the promoters, the guys in the WWE calling the shots are seeing it like ĎWeíre giving you a chance and if you donít produce, you donít produce and back down you goí Iíve talked to Cody about it a lot and heís in no hurry to go there. Heíd rather be seasoned and polished before he makes a move like that."

On what Scott and Kevin knew the night of the Bash at the Beach 96: "We had no idea who it was going to be. The whole third guy thing came up by accident. I remember Kev and I called Bret and I spoke to him, Kev spoke to him and we told him it was really fun working at WCW. It was really laid back, guaranteed money, it was easy. We were so used to being in a shark tank in New York. Coming to Atlanta was like being in a country club. It was really tame in the locker room in WCW compared to New York. We told Bret he should come down. Bischoff was interested, he was offering him a pretty sweet deal but Bret wasnít interested. We wanted it to be Hulk, but Hulk had creative control in his contract so he didnít have to do anything he didnít want to do. We went to the ring, we hadnít even met Hulk yet, I met him briefly at WrestleMania 9 but I didnít know Hulk, we actually went to the ring in Daytona and Hogan wasnít even there yet. He was on a jet, flying cross country from shooting a movie. Bischoff wanted it to be Hulk but before we went out, Bischoff told us ďIf Hulk doesn't show, Iím gonna send out Sting."

How he became sober, with the assistance of Diamond Dallas Page: "I didnít have any purpose in my life. My goal had been to be a top star in wrestling and I did that. Then I thought the natural progression would be me working in the office but it didnít happen. I had a little heart episode about 7 weeks ago, I ended up in the hospital in intensive care for a week. The doctor commented Ďyouíre a freak, youíre a genetic freak, your heart is normal againí While I was there, there was this kid who brought me my food and he was a big wrestling fan, and the kid kept coming back and one time he whipped out his iPhone and he had the before and after pics of Jake The Snake. Iíd heard things but never seen the pictures. Iíd talked to Jake and I knew good things were happening and Dallas was at the root of it and I thought, Do I go to rehab again? Or do I try something else? Instead of treading water in rehab, I donít know what triggered it and to be honest i donít question it. Iím moving in the right direction finally, for the first time in so long. Iím 65 days now without any alcohol or drug. Iíve had longer times, but Iíve always been in a facility. I have no cravings and I feel great."

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/367984565.php
More power, Hall. You can do it this time.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #55
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Haha, no. What diva doesnt get implants? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Damn

..AJ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Her and the other Bella
Maria didn't. Stacy Keibler didn't. Niki Bella is still natural. Can't remember if Molly had them or not. I don't think Cameron looks like she had hers done. Pretty damn sure Tamina and Jazz are natural.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #56
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Old 04-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #57
Anno_Domini
Banned User

You know Fandango is over when the title of this thread says his name right

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Hahahaha!
Wow....I don't even remember the old shirt, but it literally is the same old ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
"Just saw a homeless man with a sign that said Feed Me More. Some people sell to kids, a select few can sell to the masses. #RybackRules"
Am I the only one that finds this a bit insensitive? He just talks about how he sells to the masses...did Ry help the homeless man out or just read his sign and thought "Yes, I'm over with the homeless demo!"

Old 04-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #58
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Maria didn't. Stacy Keibler didn't. Niki Bella is still natural. Can't remember if Molly had them or not. I don't think Cameron looks like she had hers done. Pretty damn sure Tamina and Jazz are natural.
Brodus Clay's are also natural as well.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #59
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
That is so wrong.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #60
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Brodus Clay's are also natural as well.
Yeah, fakes don't jiggle like that...

Old 04-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #61
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Am I the only one that finds this a bit insensitive? He just talks about how he sells to the masses...did Ry help the homeless man out or just read his sign and thought "Yes, I'm over with the homeless demo!"
Oh he's just playing to the masses on twitter because it's twitter.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #62
Anno_Domini
Banned User

If he wants to please the masses...he could've said 1,000 smarter things.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #63
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
If he wants to please the masses...he could've said 1,000 smarter things.
You're overestimating him.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #64
LuisTX85
SeŮor Zorro

Maybe he was trying to please the masses by just making a joke!?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #65
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Maybe he was trying to please the masses by just making a joke!?
Yeah, that's all it was. I certainly don't foult him for it. I enjoy poking fun at Ryback though.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #66
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Double post

Old 04-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #67
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Andino View Post
The ONLY reason I'm buying it is for the HOF ceremony. If that Raw is included though it'll make it a totally acceptable purchase.
I wish they'd just show the full HOF on tv again, but no need to defend yourself man, I'm not criticizing you, just saying that if they put that episode of Raw on the Blu-Ray, I still wouldn't buy it. If you want to buy it go for it.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #68
LuisTX85
SeŮor Zorro

Didn't they show the full HOF on tuesday?

Old 04-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #69
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Brian Soscia recently interviewed Paul Heyman. Here are some highlights.

If Paul Heyman ran WWE, what would he do differently:
"I'd fire the McMahons immediately."

What was it he first saw in CM Punk: "How could you look at CM Punk and not think that he has the it factor? I don't think I'm any great visionary or genius because I saw something in CM Punk, I think everyone else is a stupid schmuck for not seeing it in CM Punk. They're blind. I mean truly, in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king and if you can't spot that CM Punk is magic from the moment he walks in the door then you're reading a playbook from an antiquated writer."

His first wrestling memory:
"As a fan my first memory was Argentina Apollo and Luis Martinez against the Love Brothers in Eddie Einhorn's IWA in 1975."

What drew him into wrestling: "The very next week [following the Apollo and Martinez vs. Love Brothers match] they were replaced on television by Vince McMahon's father's television show and I saw Superstar Billy Graham do one interview and I was blown away by it. I realized that that man does not work for a living. I said I don't want to work for a living either. I want to talk s*** on TV like Superstar Billy Graham. That's what I get to do for a living now."

Where he gained his promo ability from: "My father was a personal injury attorney in the Bronx. I can bulls*** with the best of them."

Who or what his greatest ECW creation was:
"The ECW audience itself. The audience was the biggest star. We played to them and for a reason. They were the greatest performers we had. I mean, who else would have thought about actually chanting the name of the promotion? We didn't come up with that. They did. Who else thought of then screaming out the name of the company and literally fighting our battles for us? We didn't ask them to do it. They volunteered to. We didn't get on pay per view on our own merits. We got on pay per view because the audience got us on. The greatest creation of ECW was the ECW audience."

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/367965262.php

Old 04-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #70
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superark View Post
I think feuds with guys like Magnus and Joe would be good while Bubba does his thing on top for awhile.
The one tricky part is how to make those matches seem important while not involved in the companies main angle, especially since Joe and Magnus have been front and center for team TNA.

Quote:
No insider knowledge. It was on one of those TNA PPV spoilers that they taped for later this year. Aces & 8's is going to need some "old ladies"
For the Knockout's PPV?

Quote:
I think that is the perfect comparison. Kazarian has become one of my favorites to listen to on the mic. I never thought I'd say that.
Neither did I, I just saw him as a smaller Randy Orton look-a-like with even less charisma, now he's someone I enjoy seeing on TV each week, I think he could make TNA's TV title a legit mid-card title if booked well.

Quote:
I completely forgot about the Micke turn they were setting up before Velvet had her contract dispute. You're probably right that they are going to go back to that. I think that would be fun, but again you are right that Mickie is going to have a tough time turning the crowd.
Velvet is very over so that may help but I'm not sure Velvet is respected for her wrestling the way Mickie is. Personally I think Velvet makes a better heel than a face, it adds to her character and working heel makes it easier to cover her limitations in the ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Thirded me. I hated it originally because the whole refusing to wrestle thing got old, but hearing how good Curtis is from not only Punk, Jericho, and Stone Cold, but from some of my more hardcore wrestling fan friends, it's good that they're giving another new guy a good push.

Let's hope WWE doesn't screw it up (which is an 80% chance of happening)

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 04-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #71
Wheels
HR Supporter

I'll be one of those who's late to the Johnny Curtis party I guess. I wasn't a fan of his "Let's get weird" gimmick on NXT and just wasn't impressed with his work on NXT overall. The match at WrestleMania was the best I've seen from him because I actually noticed him. A lot of the NXT matches didn't showcase his athletic ability and his selling wasn't as good.

It might take me awhile to warm up to Curtis.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #72
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Quote:
Didn't they show the full HOF on tuesday?
No, they showed an abbreviated version. All of the introductions and speeches were edited down so the show would fit within an hour and 15 minutes.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #73
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

For the Knockout's PPV?
That has already been taped and

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iveliesse is the Aces and 8's Representative. Gail Kim wins the whole thing.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #74
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

When it comes to Fandango, I gotta say this must be the first time I've ever heard people make a big deal out of a wrestler's theme music.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #75
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
That has already been taped and

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iveliesse is the Aces and 8's Representative. Gail Kim wins the whole thing.
But that's probably for the PPV only, or I think they would have debuted her already as a member.

Closed Thread