The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #76
Calavera
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Can't Stop Doing The Fan...dan...go!

why would tna do a all womens ppv when their womens divison has stunk since getting rid of kharma?

...was odb there? i love her.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:05 AM   #77
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
That has already been taped and

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iveliesse is the Aces and 8's Representative. Gail Kim wins the whole thing.
Excellent, hopefully they'll get her back story debut with the group done soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
When it comes to Fandango, I gotta say this must be the first time I've ever heard people make a big deal
out of a wrestler's theme music.
Not in a big promotion, it's happened a few times in ECW and ROH.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 AM   #78
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
When it comes to Fandango, I gotta say this must be the first time I've ever heard people make a big deal out of a wrestler's theme music.

For some reason I thought of this ..

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Wait, the IC title still exists to the WWE?
The IC title gets bounced around so often it has to land on Fandango eventually. He's already getting a decent push with the Jericho feud. I just hope they don't give him too much too soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Andino View Post
The ONLY reason I'm buying it is for the HOF ceremony. If that Raw is included though it'll make it a totally acceptable purchase.
Don't forget the live P.Diddy performance.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:29 AM   #79
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Thanks to a push from UK fans, Fandango's theme song ended up #44 on the UK charts this week. It was only 239 sales away from breaking the Top 40.

However, The placement at #44 would make Fandango's theme the first WWE song since Hacksaw Duggan's single on the WWF Slamjam album in 1994 to hit the UK charts.
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/769...story.html?p=1

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:36 AM   #80
Slushy
The Man

Thanks for using my thread title! I'm usually against a wrestler getting a big push unless he proves me wrong by getting over. Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Fan...dan...go did just that.

And say a prayer for Billy Graham. Superstar's health isn't doing so good.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:14 AM   #81
sweetre15
Positive Page

Am I the only one that misses THIS Randy Orton persona:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

They could atleast have him be brash and cocky with psychotic tendencies as opposed to the Monotone Terminator we have now lol

Honestly, would you have expected THAT guy to become the robot he is now?

Old 04-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #82
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
But that's probably for the PPV only, or I think they would have debuted her already as a member.
They might bring her out after the PPV.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 04-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #83
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Old 04-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #84
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Oh man, we still talk about the "Hacksaw Jim Duggan... beats people up!" song. Love it.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #85
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
It ended up at #44 by the end of the week, but at one point during the week it got to #11..

Old 04-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #86
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

http://news.yahoo.com/space-mountain...215151005.html

I guess Ric Flair decided he is finally too old.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #87
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread has been too damn good for too damn long

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Hahahaha!
On top of that, he was using that catch phrase when he was the U.S. Champion, too. It's a pretty old gimmick.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #88
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Am I the only one that misses THIS Randy Orton persona:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

They could atleast have him be brash and cocky with psychotic tendencies as opposed to the Monotone Terminator we have now lol

Honestly, would you have expected THAT guy to become the robot he is now?
I was a big fan of The Legend Killer. Had the t-shirts.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #89
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts View Post
It's really a shame that he's stuck in a monotonous persona right now because he had so much charisma when he was portraying an obnoxious heel.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #90
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calavera View Post
why would tna do a all womens ppv when their womens divison has stunk since getting rid of kharma?

...was odb there? i love her.
TNA did a series of "one night only" pay per views to burn off the remaining dates on their contract with the Impact Zone before taking Impact Wrestling on the road.

They taped the following PPVs, which will be shown throughout the year for $15:

* TNA X-Travaganza - featuring the stars of the X-Division

* TNA Joker's Wild Tag Team Special - featuring enemies teaming and a Battle Royal final

* TNA Hardcore Justice 2 - ECW reunion "hardcore" show

* TNA "10 Reunion" - Stars from the early days of TNA facing off inside the Six-Sided ring

* TNA Knockouts Knockdown - One night Knockout tournament with the first round being all stipulation matches and the final four in a "test of their stamina" to see who the final victor is

* TNA International Incident - One night tournament featuring talent from the United States, India, Mexico, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Japan & the UK with the winner earning a title shot

* TNA X-Division World Cup Tournament - four teams of X-Division wrestlers in a one night tournament featuring singles, tag, six man and eight man tag matches

* TNA World Cup of Wrestling - Four teams, each captained by a TNA wrestler featuring a Heavyweight wrestler, a tag team and an X-Division wrestler battling in singles, tag and stipulation matches. The finale will be a "two ring, triple chance Battle Royal."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...act-wrestling/

Regarding the Knockouts PPV, TNA invited Awesome Kong/Karma, Angelina Love, Peyton Banks, Roxxi, Sarita, Traci Brooks and Winter to participate...they all declined.

These are the results, from PWInsider (and, yes, ODB was there, probably with her panties on display as usual...lol):

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
TNA KNOCKOUTS PPV TAPING SPOILERS

By Mike Johnson on 2013-03-17 17:54:04

TNA taped their Knockouts PPV this afternoon for airing on a later date, featuring the following results:

*Gail Kim defeated Alissa Flash.

*Leiíd Tapa defeated Ivelisse Velez.

*Tara defeated Mia Yim in Yim's PPV debut.

*Brooke Tessmacher defeated Santana Garrett in Garett's PPV debut.

*ODB defeated Trinity.

*Jackie Moore defeated Taryn Tarrell.

*Hannah Blossom defeated Sojo Bolt and Taeler Hendrix in a Three-Way.

*Velvet Sky defeated Jillian Hall. Hall did her terrible singing gimmick.

*Mickie James defeated Serena Deeb.

The winners all went into a Battle Royal with the final two being Kim and James. Kim eventually beat her and was crowned the winner.

Notes: Madison Rayne appeared in a non-wrestling role.....Daffney was in the crowd.

http://pwinsider.com/article/76178/t...ilers.html?p=1

Old 04-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #91
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Dolph Ziggler was interviewed by The Rise Guys. Here are some highlights.

Does he hate John Cena: "Yep. Question number two."

If most male wrestling fans over the age of 16 hate Cena: "It depends. What he represents for our company is awesome. He is our franchise guy. He's the go to guy. He's never not delivered with something. He connects with the crowd. He's a great guy to have as the face of the company, for now. Until I'm ready. So for right now, baby steps made. New World Champion. I got my lovely lady next to me, AJ. And we also have Big E and I think over the next couple weeks and months we're going to make some great strides. I think it's going to be a show, Monday's and Friday's are going to be about us because we're starting to draw attention."

If Big E Langston is the illegitimate son of Mark Henry: "[AJ Lee speaking] Is he the hand? [Laughter, Dolph Ziggler speaking] We saw the grown up hand at RAW 1000, it looks nothing like Big E."

His opinion of The Rock's part time status: "The Rock is not just a huge movie star, he's one of the biggest stars in the entire world. If you don't think that it's a smart business move to have one of the hugest stars in the entire world going head to head with our biggest franchise player on the main event of our biggest show of the year, that's just dumb. It's going to come out, it's great business. It's great to have him back, but it also really makes me angry. Angrier than you can even imagine because I want to be in that spot. I want a full time guy to be there every single night doing what we do best, giving back to our fans. Live events, pay per views, Monday Night RAW, Friday Night Smackdown, name it and we do it every single night. But it's a special attraction to have guys like that back and it's just good business."

If he was a Ric Flair guy growing up: "Absolutely. At a very young age my uncle showed me Beta tapes of Ric Flair and when you were supposed to you know, eat ice cream bars with Hulk Hogan and look up to that guy, and I had the sand weights that leaked [laughter]. And he was like okay cool, this is the guy [Hogan] and at a very young age I go wow, no Flair is the guy. This guy looks cool. He's like a James Bond guy in a suit, girls around him, goes out there, has the best match. Right back onto the helicopter, gets out of there with the Horsemen and those go out to party all night and probably not sleep."

- Courtesy of WWEDVDNews.com, here are some updated notes on the 2013 WWE DVD schedule:

* A Best of Madison Square Garden set is still planned and will be a 3 disc DVD, 2 disc Blu-ray. It's scheduled for an August 27th release in the US and September 9th in the UK.

* Best of Mid-South Wrestling will be a 3 disc DVD and 2 disc Blu-ray set, scheduled for release on September 10th in the US and September 16th in the UK.

* A Triple H bio will be 3 disc DVD and 2 disc Blu-ray, hitting US stores on September 24th and UK stores on October 7th.

* WWE still has plans to release a Goldberg set but it's a match compilation and likely won't feature a documentary. It's possible Goldberg won't even be involved with the project. That 3 disc DVD and 2 disc Blu-ray set is scheduled for a US release on October 8th and a UK release on September 30th.

* The Money in the Bank Anthology will be a 3 disc DVD and 2 disc Blu-ray, releasing in the US on October 29th and the UK on November 11th.

* History of WWE is another 3 disc DVD and 3 disc Blu-ray that's being worked on and is scheduled for a November 19th release in the US and a November 4th release in the UK.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/368065955.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/368036215.php

Old 04-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #92
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread has been too damn good for too damn long

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Jake says he might be an entrant in next year's Royal Rumble. That would be awesome. I'd like to see him get inducted into the HOF as well.

I'd love that. It'd be a great way for him to get one last big PPV pop. And he wouldn't have to do a ton of work either. I think it would be a good thing to keep him feeling good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil
Ok so Batista vs lesner could only work if lesner has had beat hhh.

Seriously where is the threat kay fable wise that the guy who hhh beat is going up against the guy he couldn't. There is none

The easy answer here is hhh takes the lose and retires, Herman and leaner start boasting about it. Hunter comes back out but gets mocked for not being able to get the job done so hhh cuts a promo that says he now understands he couldn't sink to brocks level and if you want to beat an animal you need a bigger an animal.
Yeah if Brock were to face Batista in WWE it would have been better for HHH to lose. Brock would have looked more unstoppable. Big Dave could come back to get payback for his mentor HHH. Brock could have even attacked Flair.

Batista already beat HHH in huge matches and now HHH has beaten Lesner. Whats even in it for Big Dave? If anyone would want the challenge it should be Lesnar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83
This nonsense needs to end already. Fandango has the worst angle going for him. This isnt entertainment
The sad thing is WWE is pushing it hard but I'm not sure they know the real deal here. If they do they are spinning it their way. Is Fandango over or is his THEME MUSIC over? I'd say the latter.

Its obvious what happened. Other fans saw that Jersey crowd smarkily amusing themselves last week and now they want to get in on it and amuse themselves too. Its having a good time at the show. People humming the theme is the new "What?" chant (at least for the short term). Fandango isn't that over unless he's selling a lot of merchandise, drawing at live shows, and helping drawing ratings and buyrates. Basically how much are people willing to pay to see him? thats the real test.

Does he amuse fans or is it his entrance? I give Curtis credit for working hard in the gimmick though. This is a golden opportunity to take a outside fluke kind of think and make it big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture
It's easy to think Lita's a cradle snatcher given she was at her peak 12 years ago while Punk is in his peak now, when the reality is that there's what? Only 3 years between them in age?

It makes you understand why Punk was never a viable option to beat the streak
Yup. That and womens careers in WWE top out and run their course much faster. A man could work there ten years before he got to the top. But a woman is lucky to stick aroudn that long or last that long in the E.
Basically a womans career usually has a shorter shelf life anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage
Scott Hall joined Inside The Ropes this past Thursday to talk about getting sober and his career in professional wrestling. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

About being a top guy in the WWE today and his son Cody going there: "I donít get to watch a lot of WWE, but through this internet thing, Some people comment about a guy becoming the World Champ or the US champ and a couple of weeks later heís down the card in the opening match. I think that kills the image of being a top guy. But I guess the promoters, the guys in the WWE calling the shots are seeing it like ĎWeíre giving you a chance and if you donít produce, you donít produce and back down you goí Iíve talked to Cody about it a lot and heís in no hurry to go there. Heíd rather be seasoned and polished before he makes a move like that."
He's right. And he's not some IWC smark for the people why say what WWE does with things like this doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts
I wish they'd just show the full HOF on tv again, but no need to defend yourself man, I'm not criticizing you, just saying that if they put that episode of Raw on the Blu-Ray, I still wouldn't buy it. If you want to buy it go for it.
I just hate the blatant manipulation for a cash grab. Business is business I know but for that HOF and a GOOD WM dvd people will buy it anyway. There would be no need to hold out on stuff like the full HOF to entice people to buy even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage
Brian Soscia recently interviewed Paul Heyman. Here are some highlights.

If Paul Heyman ran WWE, what would he do differently:
"I'd fire the McMahons immediately."

What was it he first saw in CM Punk: "How could you look at CM Punk and not think that he has the it factor? I don't think I'm any great visionary or genius because I saw something in CM Punk, I think everyone else is a stupid schmuck for not seeing it in CM Punk. They're blind. I mean truly, in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king and if you can't spot that CM Punk is magic from the moment he walks in the door then you're reading a playbook from an antiquated writer."

His first wrestling memory:
"As a fan my first memory was Argentina Apollo and Luis Martinez against the Love Brothers in Eddie Einhorn's IWA in 1975."

What drew him into wrestling: "The very next week [following the Apollo and Martinez vs. Love Brothers match] they were replaced on television by Vince McMahon's father's television show and I saw Superstar Billy Graham do one interview and I was blown away by it. I realized that that man does not work for a living. I said I don't want to work for a living either. I want to talk s*** on TV like Superstar Billy Graham. That's what I get to do for a living now."

Where he gained his promo ability from: "My father was a personal injury attorney in the Bronx. I can bulls*** with the best of them."

Who or what his greatest ECW creation was:
"The ECW audience itself. The audience was the biggest star. We played to them and for a reason. They were the greatest performers we had. I mean, who else would have thought about actually chanting the name of the promotion? We didn't come up with that. They did. Who else thought of then screaming out the name of the company and literally fighting our battles for us? We didn't ask them to do it. They volunteered to. We didn't get on pay per view on our own merits. We got on pay per view because the audience got us on. The greatest creation of ECW was the ECW audience."

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/367965262.php
The best part is I can't tell if he's working or shooting with these comments. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider
Neither did I, I just saw him as a smaller Randy Orton look-a-like with even less charisma, now he's someone I enjoy seeing on TV each week, I think he could make TNA's TV title a legit mid-card title if booked well.
The Bad Influence team/gimmick is the best thign to happen for BOTH of these guys in TNA....maybe ever I never really gave a sh** about Kaz outside of some cool spots. Now I do. Daniels has always been a great wrestler but this is the most fun I've ever had watching him not wrestle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider
Excellent, hopefully they'll get her back story debut with the group done soon.
Excluding Bully Ray she's arguably the most talented person in Aces & Eights. Yes I can't believe I just said that either. Pretty sad. The group could be more solid with a few changes in personel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX
But that's probably for the PPV only, or I think they would have debuted her already as a member.
I agree with UnionJack. Maybe they are just holding off on the reveal since the special was taped so far ahead in advance? TNA plans a lot of stuff like that pretty far in advance sometimes since they did more taped stuff in the past.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #93
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Former WWE champion CM Punk revealed on the MMA Hour show with Ariel Helwani that he might be attending the UFC event in San Jose, California, this weekend, suggesting that maybe he will not be traveling with the WWE crew for the bi-annual long European tour.

Punk said he didn’t want to spoil anything about tonight’s RAW but they have given him an open mic once again, and his comment about going to a UFC show this weekend rather than WWE will “make sense” after everyone sees tonight’s broadcast.

Punk and his girlfriend and former WWE Diva Lita attended The Ultimate Fighter 17 finale in Las Vegas this past Saturday and was acknowledged on the live broadcast on FX.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #94
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts View Post
Same here. I obviously stopped following things after about 2006, but I was a fan of Orton in his post-Evolution days when he was the face of Raw and Cena was the face of Smackdown. That's why its really surprising to see how consistently on top Cena has been since his debut, whereas Orton seems to be just another guy now.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #95
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Former WWE champion CM Punk revealed on the MMA Hour show with Ariel Helwani that he might be attending the UFC event in San Jose, California, this weekend, suggesting that maybe he will not be traveling with the WWE crew for the bi-annual long European tour.

Punk said he didnít want to spoil anything about tonightís RAW but they have given him an open mic once again, and his comment about going to a UFC show this weekend rather than WWE will ďmake senseĒ after everyone sees tonightís broadcast.

Punk and his girlfriend and former WWE Diva Lita attended The Ultimate Fighter 17 finale in Las Vegas this past Saturday and was acknowledged on the live broadcast on FX.
Typical. Wait all year to see Punk live in the UK, and then he decides to bugger off for a while...

Old 04-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #96
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Typical. Wait all year to see Punk live in the UK, and then he decides to bugger off for a while...
Great Britain ... you just got Punked!!!

~H.E.~
Old 04-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #97
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

considering whats happening right now in Boston, Raw is gonna be really sombre.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #98
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Scott Hall joined Inside The Ropes this past Thursday to talk about getting sober and his career in professional wrestling. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

About being a top guy in the WWE today and his son Cody going there: "I donít get to watch a lot of WWE, but through this internet thing, Some people comment about a guy becoming the World Champ or the US champ and a couple of weeks later heís down the card in the opening match. I think that kills the image of being a top guy. But I guess the promoters, the guys in the WWE calling the shots are seeing it like ĎWeíre giving you a chance and if you donít produce, you donít produce and back down you goí Iíve talked to Cody about it a lot and heís in no hurry to go there. Heíd rather be seasoned and polished before he makes a move like that."

On what Scott and Kevin knew the night of the Bash at the Beach 96: "We had no idea who it was going to be. The whole third guy thing came up by accident. I remember Kev and I called Bret and I spoke to him, Kev spoke to him and we told him it was really fun working at WCW. It was really laid back, guaranteed money, it was easy. We were so used to being in a shark tank in New York. Coming to Atlanta was like being in a country club. It was really tame in the locker room in WCW compared to New York. We told Bret he should come down. Bischoff was interested, he was offering him a pretty sweet deal but Bret wasnít interested. We wanted it to be Hulk, but Hulk had creative control in his contract so he didnít have to do anything he didnít want to do. We went to the ring, we hadnít even met Hulk yet, I met him briefly at WrestleMania 9 but I didnít know Hulk, we actually went to the ring in Daytona and Hogan wasnít even there yet. He was on a jet, flying cross country from shooting a movie. Bischoff wanted it to be Hulk but before we went out, Bischoff told us ďIf Hulk doesn't show, Iím gonna send out Sting."

How he became sober, with the assistance of Diamond Dallas Page: "I didnít have any purpose in my life. My goal had been to be a top star in wrestling and I did that. Then I thought the natural progression would be me working in the office but it didnít happen. I had a little heart episode about 7 weeks ago, I ended up in the hospital in intensive care for a week. The doctor commented Ďyouíre a freak, youíre a genetic freak, your heart is normal againí While I was there, there was this kid who brought me my food and he was a big wrestling fan, and the kid kept coming back and one time he whipped out his iPhone and he had the before and after pics of Jake The Snake. Iíd heard things but never seen the pictures. Iíd talked to Jake and I knew good things were happening and Dallas was at the root of it and I thought, Do I go to rehab again? Or do I try something else? Instead of treading water in rehab, I donít know what triggered it and to be honest i donít question it. Iím moving in the right direction finally, for the first time in so long. Iím 65 days now without any alcohol or drug. Iíve had longer times, but Iíve always been in a facility. I have no cravings and I feel great."

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/367984565.php
I hope the best for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/space-mountain...215151005.html

I guess Ric Flair decided he is finally too old.

A sad day in the wrestling world when even Ric Flair is not safe to ride.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #99
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
considering whats happening right now in Boston, Raw is gonna be really sombre.
I agree. Is Raw in Boston tonight?

Old 04-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #100
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

No, it's in South Carolina.