The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #351
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: // ' Lights, Camera, Action!': The Official Filming DOFP Thread [April15-Oct]

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
Bryan Singer ‏@BryanSinger 3h
Shooting with 1000 people today. AND THEY'RE NOT CGI for a change. And am speaking again.
YAY!

Its probably for a very important scene!

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #352
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: // ' Lights, Camera, Action!': The Official Filming DOFP Thread [April15-Oct]

When I got that tweet this afternoon at work, I would've bet good money that when I eventually logged on to SHH when I got home, there'd be like pages and pages to sift thru from pics to first-hand accounts of extras and people present during filming.

What the hell?

I'm kinda jealous of Cap 2, with daily pics and videos. Quit slackin' Montreal!

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #353
overfiend
Newbie First Class

yeah the extras are pretty conservative. Wrote to one of them for a heads up and he is keeping very quite. May be a clause in the contract to make them keep silent with no pics and so on. After all they talk about it on tweeter and may be fear that this will get them off the set. Also where they are filming is not really montreal megapolis and pretty close to studios so they can shut down the access pretty fast. Montreal is not like LA sadly. Studios are far out here .
All that I know is they will be working from 10th to the 17 th of this month with extras. After that nothing yet.

overfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #354
JP
Smelly

Thanks for the heads up!

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:19 AM   #355
JP
Smelly

Yeah, they're filming in Mels Studios again, so we wont be getting any pics.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #356
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Where is that?

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #357
JP
Smelly

Montreal...

Old 06-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #358
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Why do we have no insiders on something this huge? I swear almost every scene in TDKR was caught on camera.
ikr?

Come on Montreal ninjas -- get out there pap this stuff!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #359
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Montreal...
Oh. I thought Mel was a producer of something.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #360
overfiend
Newbie First Class

Yup mel's was a producer who built a studios a while back and is trying to attract Hollywood to Montreal. It is the only professional studios so far as I know in Montreal. They have had lots of work in the past 10 years, mostly bits and pieces as well as scenes. I think this X men is the first big ensemble blockbuster being filmed here. In the past mirror mirror with Julia Roberts was filmed entirely here so as the immortals with Henry Carvil. This year before xmen , Pitch Black 3 was filmed and Red 2. Another movie coming soon is Steven Spielberg Robopocalypse which was supposed to happen this summer but was postponed till next year I think. It is a studio on the rise and montreal as well because it offers that European look that American. If you look closely at the past 20 yrs, you might find a lot of famous movies that were not big at the BO that were filmed here movies can get without going to Europe. Taking lives and whole nine yards had a lot of scenes filmed here but not at the studios. Spielberg is a regular as well with two films done here : The Terminal and Catch me if you can. Let's not forget the Jackal as well with Bruce Willis. Another one coming soon is Smurf 3 since 2 and 1 have been done here as well. Heard Keanu and Whiterspoon will be voicing s they will be the next stars eagerly being awaited here.

Last edited by overfiend; 06-14-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #361
Angamb
Banned User

interesting info

thanks for posting

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #362
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

1000 people? Could be a demonstration or street protests of some sort.

Costume department must have been uber-busy to fit 1000 people into period-appropriate clothes

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #363
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by overfiend View Post
Yup mel's was a producer who built a studios a while back and is trying to attract Hollywood to Montreal. It is the only professional studios so far as I know in Montreal. They have had lots of work in the past 10 years, mostly bits and pieces as well as scenes. I think this X men is the first big ensemble blockbuster being filmed here. In the past mirror mirror with Julia Roberts was filmed entirely here so as the immortals with Henry Carvil. This year before xmen , Pitch Black 3 was filmed and Red 2. Another movie coming soon is Steven Spielberg Robopocalypse which was supposed to happen this summer but was postponed till next year I think. It is a studio on the rise and montreal as well because it offers that European look that American. If you look closely at the past 20 yrs, you might find a lot of famous movies that were not big at the BO that were filmed here movies can get without going to Europe. Taking lives and whole nine yards had a lot of scenes filmed here but not at the studios. Spielberg is a regular as well with two films done here : The Terminal and Catch me if you can. Let's not forget the Jackal as well with Bruce Willis. Another one coming soon is Smurf 3 since 2 and 1 have been done here as well. Heard Keanu and Whiterspoon will be voicing s they will be the next stars eagerly being awaited here.
Awesome! Now go take pics of X-men filming!

Old 06-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #364
Angamb
Banned User

posible new location?

Quote:
JS Decant ‏@pik0ti 14 Jun
breaking plateau people news: Hugh Jackman spotted! Rumor has it they're shooting the next #xmen near Laurier Street #Montreal
https://twitter.com/pik0ti/status/345323348114407424

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #365
JP
Smelly

Second unit?

Quote:
This past week, June 10th,11th and 12th, X-Menays of Future Past was filming on location in Charlevoix, Quebec. I don't think any of the stars of the film were there, it looks like it was the landscape that they were filming.

This was translated on google:

The filming of the new X-Men will jump in Charlevoix earlier this week while touring scenes will cascade on the railway between Baie-Saint-Paul and Saint-Josepht-de-la-Rive.

The Tourist Train of Le Massif de Charlevoix and Charlevoix play extras for three days of shooting under 10, 11 and 12 June The production is the result of X-Men, entitled Days of Future Past, and leads as quietly as possible in Charlevoix where the rumor is already well aware of what is happening.

The spokesman of the Massif de Charlevoix, Kim Martel, confirms the presence of a production team of the 20th Century Fox in the region. "They come here to shoot scenes waterfall, on the railway between Saint-Joseph-de-la-Rive and Baie-Saint-Paul," she said. If the Hotel La Ferme host some sleepers, no "star" of the film is officially announced.

Based on Landslides, specifically in Saint-Joseph-de-la-Ville, the production team has leased space in the municipality. Some 80 people and thirty trucks are expected Monday. And filming could be delayed a few days with heavy rain.

The mayor of the municipality of Landslides, Bertrand Bouchard explains that prevents its citizens a "helicopter will be used and there will be low altitude flights." Most of the filming took place on the railway between Saint-Joseph-de-la-Rive and Baie-Saint-Paul, in the area including the tunnel Cap-Martin. Given the location and for safety reasons, observers will not be tolerated on the set and around.

http://www.charlevoixendirect.com/in...lite&ID=136997
http://jamsession.yuku.com/sreply/13...t#.UbyTY-tVfjM

Old 06-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #366
narrows101
Side-Kick

ignore

Last edited by narrows101; 06-15-2013 at 12:46 PM.
narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #367
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quebec!!! Nice!

Old 06-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #368
JP
Smelly

One of the extras.

@Samch92 19h Day 6: *****s went down! It was crazy! #DOFP

Old 06-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #369
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Quebec!!! Nice!
Montreal is in Quebec?

Old 06-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #370
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Montreal is in Quebec?
o.o yes haha

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #371
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
o.o yes haha
Quebec is one of the provinces of Canada. The city of Montreal is in the province of Quebec.

narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #372
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Montreal is in Quebec?
Oh I didn't know about that!

I just know Quebec from its very snowy mountains and locations.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #373
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

If sarcasm, then

If not, then

Old 06-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #374
overfiend
Newbie First Class

Well looks like they have moved out of Montreal but the scene with 1000 people was shot in montreal for sue. I have confirmation from an extra and it was at Mel's studios.

About Jackman been spotted ...that is not in Montreal but in Longeuil...is the closet territory to Montreal, a bridge away and not far. I don't think there is anything there worthy to shoot so I imagine he wanted some peace of mind. But Jackman came to Montreal without his dog so whose dog was that????

It makes sense to move Xmen production closer to Ville De Quebec because there are some spectacular landscape there

Some FYI for you.. Montreal is an island which is in the middle of St Laurence river in the province of Quebec. It is the most populated city in the province and second after Toronto. Quebec city is the capital city of the Province of Quebec. for those of you who follow the NHL, the Colorado avalanche were once the Quebec Nordics, the official team of Quebec city. Hope you know montreal has the Canadians, where the Actors of the current Filming Xmen were invited to see a match .Jackman was in the stands while Stewart, Singer, Mc Kellen And the rest were in the VIP box

Last edited by overfiend; 06-16-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #375
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Second unit?
I think this is the area. Beautiful view.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!: