Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #276
thalidomide
The Enemy

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irapogi View Post
The nice thing about SM Cinemas are that they're SURE TO BE DIGITAL. I've seen movies in Rockwell, and Trinoma, and Eastwood, where it turns out to be film. Even if it's new, the quality is just totally different.
Pare, have you seen the movie already?

Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #277
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorays21 View Post
One more question, the film starts out with eiffel 65 blue, did that feel like an awkard opening? And do they play the whole song or part of it?
no way...you can not be serious.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #278
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
no way...you can not be serious.
Actually that was the Official IM3 score

Old 04-24-2013, 05:50 AM   #279
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

the blue song at the start is hilariously wtf. but it has a narrative justification that you immediately become aware of once the marvel logo goes away.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #280
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Oh god...that's going to make things very hilariously awkward in the cinema.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #281
Klidokrator
Side-Kick

Just finished watching it. I think is in par with the first one as the best Iron man movie. They took some liberties with some characters that some fans will not like like but they feel natural within the story. My only true complain was
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Where the heck is the fricking SHIELD when everything is blowing up and Tony needs help? It's like saying that if there are no aliens they don't care and I think that is the main problem with a Cinematic Universe of this kind.
. The Dialogue was pure gold, the screenplay was tight and Brian Tyler's theme was just spectacular.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #282
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klidokrator View Post
My only true complain was
Where the heck is the fricking SHIELD when everything is blowing up and Tony needs help? It's like saying that if there are no aliens they don't care and I think that is the main problem with a Cinematic Universe of this kind.

They call it an ambush for a reason. Not exactly that easy to scramble forces for back up before the party has already concluded.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #283
Klidokrator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post

They call it an ambush for a reason. Not exactly that easy to scramble forces for back up before the party has already concluded.
Yeah i can see that but what the hell. The President of the USA is at the hands of a Terrorist. If that's not a case for SHIELD then what it is? Superhuman beings abducting the president and no Captain America to the rescue? It just doesn't fit in my opinion

Old 04-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #284
Beyond
Newbie First Class

Terrific film. Just got back.

Easily the best Iron Man movie. I'm actually pretty surprised by how great the story and action were. It definitely goes a lot deeper than Iron Man 1 & 2.

Quote:
Yeah i can see that but what the hell. The President of the USA is at the hands of a Terrorist. If that's not a case for SHIELD then what it is? Superhuman beings abducting the president and no Captain America to the rescue? It just doesn't fit in my opinion
Completely agree. Although I have a feeling in Thor 2/Cap 2 they'll explain why they couldn't just go help Tony out, even with just a quicm little piece of dialogue.

Last edited by Beyond; 04-24-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #285
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
Pare, have you seen the movie already?
Man of Steel na lang kasi panoorin nyo nadisappoint tuloy kayo sa twist hahaha. Nah, I'll still watch this with friends on saturday.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #286
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:

Rescue him from who? Everyone's attention is still focused on the monkey and they have no clue whatsoever about the organ grinder, who is the real threat. Which is sort of the whole point of the exercise.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #287
tek
Side-Kick

Enjoyed the film. The action sequences were great. agree with the deeper and more mature comments. In no way is this a disaster or what not. Arguably the best of the 3. The twist fit the story but i can see why some would be slightly dissappointed because what preceded it in terms of the character was fascinating

Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #288
J.Howlett

Quote:
I was afraid of this. It hasn't been mentioned in any reviews but I was curious as to how this is handled.

This might be my main complaint as well when I see it. That's a big WTF actually.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #289
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
I was afraid of this. It hasn't been mentioned in any reviews but I was curious as to how this is handled.

This might be my main complaint as well when I see it. That's a big WTF actually.
This is usually why I'm not a fan of superhero team ups, it puts their individual escapades in a tough spot, either lessen the scale so it becomes a problem that should only be tackled by a single member of the team, or make it a large issue anyway and still have it solved by one member, making the concept of the team feel redundant.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #290
Klidokrator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post

Rescue him from who? Everyone's attention is still focused on the monkey and they have no clue whatsoever about the organ grinder, who is the real threat. Which is sort of the whole point of the exercise.
Sorry I can't buy that they have the technology to enter every camera on Earth to find Loki but they cannot trace a Flying suite that destroyed Air Force One.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #291
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
This is usually why I'm not a fan of superhero team ups, it puts their individual escapades in a tough spot, either lessen the scale so it becomes a problem that should only be tackled by a single member of the team, or make it a large issue anyway and still have it solved by one member, making the concept of the team feel redundant.
This statement has just brought something to light for me. The MCU is only ever going to have loose connections between its films. It happened in phase one and it's just dawned on me it's happening again in phase 2 where I thought they'd be closer together. The more I think about it the less IM3 feels like it's actually part of the same universe. Wow, didn't really expect that. Not sure what to make of it to be honest.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #292
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
There will be spoilers galore here in this thread, Dave. Comes with the territory when it's a review thread like this. There are other threads you can visit if you don't wish being spoiled.
All threads that there are supposed to be open spoilers in are marked for that. This one isn't. How hard can it be to have some respect for others?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #293
Klidokrator
Side-Kick

Quote:
I couldn't have said it better dude. Exactly the thing in my mind.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #294
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

on the whole shield thing, you gotta remember that iron patriot was the president's go to guy when it came to dealing with the threat in iron man 3.

if patriot didn't have the role he did, i also woulda been like "wtf where is shield, this should be of interest to them"

plus the events of the movie happened over the course of what, a day and a half? plus a certain member of the white house also quashed getting word out about the president being in immediate danger. i think iron man 3 explained pretty well the 'strength-by-show' angle the president was pushing, the arrogance of which subverted the sane decision to get shield fully involved

www.redlettermedia.com

Last edited by Repulsor Blast; 04-24-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #295
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
This statement has just brought something to light for me. The MCU is only ever going to have loose connections between its films. It happened in phase one and it's just dawned on me it's happening again in phase 2 where I thought they'd be closer together. The more I think about it the less IM3 feels like it's actually part of the same universe. Wow, didn't really expect that. Not sure what to make of it to be honest.
Some won't like it, I love it. To me Avengers felt less special because the phase 1 films were already at that point gummed up with all the build up towards the Assemble film. If anything that film felt more of a climax to what we already had. Which is fine, but hypothetically if Thor and Cap decided to go the IM3 route and be more self contained, allow themselves to revel in their own unique tone and mythos, then maybe when Avengers 2 rolls around it will feel like a true meshing of not just actors and their characters, but different visions, tones and frankly whole different worlds. If anything it will make it feel a hell of a lot more special and quite possibly will make the individual films better.

This is all my personal opinion of course, I guess I'm old fashioned in that I believe each film should be made with as little strings as possible to future and past films and that their worlds should be unique and not dependant. It's movies not a tv show or a miniseries. Although one could counter that making this effectively the highest budget serial or miniseries is somewhat groundbreaking and the best representation of the monthly comic book medium there is. It's a matter of preference and perspective I think.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #296
Klidokrator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
on the whole shield thing, you gotta remember that iron patriot was the president's go to guy when it came to dealing with the threat in iron man 3.

if patriot didn't have the role he did, i also woulda been like "wtf where is shield, this should be of interest to them"
Of course he was. But the Air Force one was being destroyed and OMG what a coincidence, the Iron Patriot is fleeing the scene alone without the President and leaving the personnel of the Aircraft to die... If that is not a good time to trace him I don't know when it is...

Old 04-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #297
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

not really a justifcation per se, but i think after the problems with iron man 2, marvel made a conscious decision to make this as standalone as possible.

iron man 2 had shield overkill, this completely removed shield as a response.

i'm actually liking the idea that phase 2 will be more standalone (iron man 3 and thor 2 being the one's that will do this the most), it is the less 'safe' option to go with after the success of the avengers.

marvel have challenged themselves; they want to prove to themselves and audiences that these characters are just as, if not more, compelling alone than they are all teamed up.

let's face it, character growth is never gonna be as strong in an ensemble film. why? well, cos it's an ensemble film. tautological i know, but hopefully you know what i mean.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #298
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Just got back from this. Easily my fav of the Iron Man films and very close to the Avengers. I think I might actually like it more because it felt like a more full circle story as opposed to one big action event after another.

Oh boy yeah, I can see this place blowing up in a week in regards to the big twist. It's very well done though. The after credits scene is fantastic too.

Regarding the SHIELD not intervening with the president plot I think it's just something we're going to have to accept with these solo films. It definitely didn't take me out of it.

The only thing that bugged me a bit was the kid. But I think that's too be expected with child actors. He was a bit too know-it-all and convincing enough. Like he was just zinging his lines across without pause.

4 Stars. Shane Black you awesome thing you.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #299
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Just got back from this. Easily my fav of the Iron Man films and very close to the Avengers. I think I might actually like it more because it felt like a more full circle story as opposed to one big action event after another.

Oh boy yeah, I can see this place blowing up in a week in regards to the big twist. It's very well done though. The after credits scene is fantastic too.

Regarding the SHIELD not intervening with the president plot I think it's just something we're going to have to accept with these solo films. It definitely didn't take me out of it.

The only thing that bugged me a bit was the kid. But I think that's too be expected with child actors. He was a bit too know-it-all and convincing enough. Like he was just zinging his lines across without pause.

4 Stars. Shane Black you awesome thing you.
great to hear you liked it as much as you did man and realised that the twist works in the film itself more than it does on paper, if read in isolation. i pretty much 100% agree with all your points. especially the bold haha.

the kid has been a hit in the 2 showings ive been too. he gets some of the biggest laughs and shares some of the funniest moments with tony. child actors can be a kiss of death for your movie, but not so here

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #300
J.Howlett

Quote:
Some won't like it, I love it. To me Avengers felt less special because the phase 1 films were already at that point gummed up with all the build up towards the Assemble film. If anything that film felt more of a climax to what we already had. Which is fine, but hypothetically if Thor and Cap decided to go the IM3 route and be more self contained, allow themselves to revel in their own unique tone and mythos, then maybe when Avengers 2 rolls around it will feel like a true meshing of not just actors and their characters, but different visions, tones and frankly whole different worlds. If anything it will make it feel a hell of a lot more special and quite possibly will make the individual films better.

This is all my personal opinion of course, I guess I'm old fashioned in that I believe each film should be made with as little strings as possible to future and past films and that their worlds should be unique and not dependant. It's movies not a tv show or a miniseries. Although one could counter that making this effectively the highest budget serial or miniseries is somewhat groundbreaking and the best representation of the monthly comic book medium there is. It's a matter of preference and perspective I think.
Totally agree. Just personal preference.

Closed Thread