The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #276
thalidomide
The Enemy
 
thalidomide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Parts, Unknown
Posts: 1,364
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irapogi View Post
The nice thing about SM Cinemas are that they're SURE TO BE DIGITAL. I've seen movies in Rockwell, and Trinoma, and Eastwood, where it turns out to be film. Even if it's new, the quality is just totally different.
Pare, have you seen the movie already?

thalidomide is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #277
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave
 
Sharkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,128
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorays21 View Post
One more question, the film starts out with eiffel 65 blue, did that feel like an awkard opening? And do they play the whole song or part of it?
no way...you can not be serious.

__________________
1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #278
thalidomide
The Enemy
 
thalidomide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Parts, Unknown
Posts: 1,364
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
no way...you can not be serious.
Actually that was the Official IM3 score

thalidomide is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 05:50 AM   #279
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

the blue song at the start is hilariously wtf. but it has a narrative justification that you immediately become aware of once the marvel logo goes away.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #280
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave
 
Sharkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,128
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Oh god...that's going to make things very hilariously awkward in the cinema.

__________________
1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #281
Klidokrator
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Australia, Canberra
Posts: 185
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Just finished watching it. I think is in par with the first one as the best Iron man movie. They took some liberties with some characters that some fans will not like like but they feel natural within the story. My only true complain was
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Where the heck is the fricking SHIELD when everything is blowing up and Tony needs help? It's like saying that if there are no aliens they don't care and I think that is the main problem with a Cinematic Universe of this kind.
. The Dialogue was pure gold, the screenplay was tight and Brian Tyler's theme was just spectacular.

__________________
I always say, you never know what a man is truly made of until you peel the skin off his face one piece at a time
Klidokrator is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #282
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,541
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klidokrator View Post
My only true complain was
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Where the heck is the fricking SHIELD when everything is blowing up and Tony needs help? It's like saying that if there are no aliens they don't care and I think that is the main problem with a Cinematic Universe of this kind.
.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

They call it an ambush for a reason. Not exactly that easy to scramble forces for back up before the party has already concluded.

Saitou Hajime is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #283
Klidokrator
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Australia, Canberra
Posts: 185
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

They call it an ambush for a reason. Not exactly that easy to scramble forces for back up before the party has already concluded.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah i can see that but what the hell. The President of the USA is at the hands of a Terrorist. If that's not a case for SHIELD then what it is? Superhuman beings abducting the president and no Captain America to the rescue? It just doesn't fit in my opinion

__________________
I always say, you never know what a man is truly made of until you peel the skin off his face one piece at a time
Klidokrator is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #284
Beyond
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Terrific film. Just got back.

Easily the best Iron Man movie. I'm actually pretty surprised by how great the story and action were. It definitely goes a lot deeper than Iron Man 1 & 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klidokrator View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah i can see that but what the hell. The President of the USA is at the hands of a Terrorist. If that's not a case for SHIELD then what it is? Superhuman beings abducting the president and no Captain America to the rescue? It just doesn't fit in my opinion
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Completely agree. Although I have a feeling in Thor 2/Cap 2 they'll explain why they couldn't just go help Tony out, even with just a quicm little piece of dialogue.


Last edited by Beyond; 04-24-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Beyond is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #285
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick
 
DarthDorranceBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 966
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
Pare, have you seen the movie already?
Man of Steel na lang kasi panoorin nyo nadisappoint tuloy kayo sa twist hahaha. Nah, I'll still watch this with friends on saturday.

DarthDorranceBane is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #286
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,541
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klidokrator View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah i can see that but what the hell. The President of the USA is at the hands of a Terrorist. If that's not a case for SHIELD then what it is? Superhuman beings abducting the president and no Captain America to the rescue? It just doesn't fit in my opinion
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Rescue him from who? Everyone's attention is still focused on the monkey and they have no clue whatsoever about the organ grinder, who is the real threat. Which is sort of the whole point of the exercise.

Saitou Hajime is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #287
tek
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 170
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Enjoyed the film. The action sequences were great. agree with the deeper and more mature comments. In no way is this a disaster or what not. Arguably the best of the 3. The twist fit the story but i can see why some would be slightly dissappointed because what preceded it in terms of the character was fascinating

tek is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #288
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klidokrator View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah i can see that but what the hell. The President of the USA is at the hands of a Terrorist. If that's not a case for SHIELD then what it is? Superhuman beings abducting the president and no Captain America to the rescue? It just doesn't fit in my opinion
I was afraid of this. It hasn't been mentioned in any reviews but I was curious as to how this is handled.

This might be my main complaint as well when I see it. That's a big WTF actually.

 
Old 04-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #289
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave
 
Sharkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,128
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
I was afraid of this. It hasn't been mentioned in any reviews but I was curious as to how this is handled.

This might be my main complaint as well when I see it. That's a big WTF actually.
This is usually why I'm not a fan of superhero team ups, it puts their individual escapades in a tough spot, either lessen the scale so it becomes a problem that should only be tackled by a single member of the team, or make it a large issue anyway and still have it solved by one member, making the concept of the team feel redundant.

__________________
1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #290
Klidokrator
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Australia, Canberra
Posts: 185
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Rescue him from who? Everyone's attention is still focused on the monkey and they have no clue whatsoever about the organ grinder, who is the real threat. Which is sort of the whole point of the exercise.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Sorry I can't buy that they have the technology to enter every camera on Earth to find Loki but they cannot trace a Flying suite that destroyed Air Force One.

__________________
I always say, you never know what a man is truly made of until you peel the skin off his face one piece at a time
Klidokrator is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #291
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 21,645
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
This is usually why I'm not a fan of superhero team ups, it puts their individual escapades in a tough spot, either lessen the scale so it becomes a problem that should only be tackled by a single member of the team, or make it a large issue anyway and still have it solved by one member, making the concept of the team feel redundant.
This statement has just brought something to light for me. The MCU is only ever going to have loose connections between its films. It happened in phase one and it's just dawned on me it's happening again in phase 2 where I thought they'd be closer together. The more I think about it the less IM3 feels like it's actually part of the same universe. Wow, didn't really expect that. Not sure what to make of it to be honest.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #292
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,870
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
There will be spoilers galore here in this thread, Dave. Comes with the territory when it's a review thread like this. There are other threads you can visit if you don't wish being spoiled.
All threads that there are supposed to be open spoilers in are marked for that. This one isn't. How hard can it be to have some respect for others?

Mjölnir is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #293
Klidokrator
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Australia, Canberra
Posts: 185
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
This is usually why I'm not a fan of superhero team ups, it puts their individual escapades in a tough spot, either lessen the scale so it becomes a problem that should only be tackled by a single member of the team, or make it a large issue anyway and still have it solved by one member, making the concept of the team feel redundant.
I couldn't have said it better dude. Exactly the thing in my mind.

__________________
I always say, you never know what a man is truly made of until you peel the skin off his face one piece at a time
Klidokrator is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #294
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

on the whole shield thing, you gotta remember that iron patriot was the president's go to guy when it came to dealing with the threat in iron man 3.

if patriot didn't have the role he did, i also woulda been like "wtf where is shield, this should be of interest to them"

plus the events of the movie happened over the course of what, a day and a half? plus a certain member of the white house also quashed getting word out about the president being in immediate danger. i think iron man 3 explained pretty well the 'strength-by-show' angle the president was pushing, the arrogance of which subverted the sane decision to get shield fully involved

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com

Last edited by Repulsor Blast; 04-24-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #295
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave
 
Sharkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,128
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
This statement has just brought something to light for me. The MCU is only ever going to have loose connections between its films. It happened in phase one and it's just dawned on me it's happening again in phase 2 where I thought they'd be closer together. The more I think about it the less IM3 feels like it's actually part of the same universe. Wow, didn't really expect that. Not sure what to make of it to be honest.
Some won't like it, I love it. To me Avengers felt less special because the phase 1 films were already at that point gummed up with all the build up towards the Assemble film. If anything that film felt more of a climax to what we already had. Which is fine, but hypothetically if Thor and Cap decided to go the IM3 route and be more self contained, allow themselves to revel in their own unique tone and mythos, then maybe when Avengers 2 rolls around it will feel like a true meshing of not just actors and their characters, but different visions, tones and frankly whole different worlds. If anything it will make it feel a hell of a lot more special and quite possibly will make the individual films better.

This is all my personal opinion of course, I guess I'm old fashioned in that I believe each film should be made with as little strings as possible to future and past films and that their worlds should be unique and not dependant. It's movies not a tv show or a miniseries. Although one could counter that making this effectively the highest budget serial or miniseries is somewhat groundbreaking and the best representation of the monthly comic book medium there is. It's a matter of preference and perspective I think.

__________________
1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #296
Klidokrator
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Australia, Canberra
Posts: 185
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
on the whole shield thing, you gotta remember that iron patriot was the president's go to guy when it came to dealing with the threat in iron man 3.

if patriot didn't have the role he did, i also woulda been like "wtf where is shield, this should be of interest to them"
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Of course he was. But the Air Force one was being destroyed and OMG what a coincidence, the Iron Patriot is fleeing the scene alone without the President and leaving the personnel of the Aircraft to die... If that is not a good time to trace him I don't know when it is...

__________________
I always say, you never know what a man is truly made of until you peel the skin off his face one piece at a time
Klidokrator is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #297
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

not really a justifcation per se, but i think after the problems with iron man 2, marvel made a conscious decision to make this as standalone as possible.

iron man 2 had shield overkill, this completely removed shield as a response.

i'm actually liking the idea that phase 2 will be more standalone (iron man 3 and thor 2 being the one's that will do this the most), it is the less 'safe' option to go with after the success of the avengers.

marvel have challenged themselves; they want to prove to themselves and audiences that these characters are just as, if not more, compelling alone than they are all teamed up.

let's face it, character growth is never gonna be as strong in an ensemble film. why? well, cos it's an ensemble film. tautological i know, but hopefully you know what i mean.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #298
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,951
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Just got back from this. Easily my fav of the Iron Man films and very close to the Avengers. I think I might actually like it more because it felt like a more full circle story as opposed to one big action event after another.

Oh boy yeah, I can see this place blowing up in a week in regards to the big twist. It's very well done though. The after credits scene is fantastic too.

Regarding the SHIELD not intervening with the president plot I think it's just something we're going to have to accept with these solo films. It definitely didn't take me out of it.

The only thing that bugged me a bit was the kid. But I think that's too be expected with child actors. He was a bit too know-it-all and convincing enough. Like he was just zinging his lines across without pause.

4 Stars. Shane Black you awesome thing you.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #299
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Just got back from this. Easily my fav of the Iron Man films and very close to the Avengers. I think I might actually like it more because it felt like a more full circle story as opposed to one big action event after another.

Oh boy yeah, I can see this place blowing up in a week in regards to the big twist. It's very well done though. The after credits scene is fantastic too.

Regarding the SHIELD not intervening with the president plot I think it's just something we're going to have to accept with these solo films. It definitely didn't take me out of it.

The only thing that bugged me a bit was the kid. But I think that's too be expected with child actors. He was a bit too know-it-all and convincing enough. Like he was just zinging his lines across without pause.

4 Stars. Shane Black you awesome thing you.
great to hear you liked it as much as you did man and realised that the twist works in the film itself more than it does on paper, if read in isolation. i pretty much 100% agree with all your points. especially the bold haha.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the kid has been a hit in the 2 showings ive been too. he gets some of the biggest laughs and shares some of the funniest moments with tony. child actors can be a kiss of death for your movie, but not so here

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #300
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Some won't like it, I love it. To me Avengers felt less special because the phase 1 films were already at that point gummed up with all the build up towards the Assemble film. If anything that film felt more of a climax to what we already had. Which is fine, but hypothetically if Thor and Cap decided to go the IM3 route and be more self contained, allow themselves to revel in their own unique tone and mythos, then maybe when Avengers 2 rolls around it will feel like a true meshing of not just actors and their characters, but different visions, tones and frankly whole different worlds. If anything it will make it feel a hell of a lot more special and quite possibly will make the individual films better.

This is all my personal opinion of course, I guess I'm old fashioned in that I believe each film should be made with as little strings as possible to future and past films and that their worlds should be unique and not dependant. It's movies not a tv show or a miniseries. Although one could counter that making this effectively the highest budget serial or miniseries is somewhat groundbreaking and the best representation of the monthly comic book medium there is. It's a matter of preference and perspective I think.
Totally agree. Just personal preference.

 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.