Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #301
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Some won't like it, I love it. To me Avengers felt less special because the phase 1 films were already at that point gummed up with all the build up towards the Assemble film. If anything that film felt more of a climax to what we already had. Which is fine, but hypothetically if Thor and Cap decided to go the IM3 route and be more self contained, allow themselves to revel in their own unique tone and mythos, then maybe when Avengers 2 rolls around it will feel like a true meshing of not just actors and their characters, but different visions, tones and frankly whole different worlds. If anything it will make it feel a hell of a lot more special and quite possibly will make the individual films better.

This is all my personal opinion of course, I guess I'm old fashioned in that I believe each film should be made with as little strings as possible to future and past films and that their worlds should be unique and not dependant. It's movies not a tv show or a miniseries. Although one could counter that making this effectively the highest budget serial or miniseries is somewhat groundbreaking and the best representation of the monthly comic book medium there is. It's a matter of preference and perspective I think.
I'm ok with it too but the problem is once again when Avengers 2 roles around you're going to have the same problem story wise with the first one, in that if the solo films are again self contained there isn't going to be much of story other than it being another team up film. So is the pattern the story is in the solo films and the party is with the team up movie? I guess I thought with Avengers out of the way there would be greater interwoven threads throughout the films with an underlying story arc culminating in Avengers 2. So much for that. IM3 doesn't have anything like that.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #302
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klidokrator View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Of course he was. But the Air Force one was being destroyed and OMG what a coincidence, the Iron Patriot is fleeing the scene alone without the President and leaving the personnel of the Aircraft to die...

That's one (flawed) way of looking at it. A more logical assumption would be that Iron Patriot simply went off in pursuit of the President's real abductor and left Iron Man to take care of the other personnel.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #303
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

Because they amuse me so, and because they're a good indication of the tumblrsphere's reaction to this film, here are a few random tumblr posts (under a cut, because there may be spoilers in all this incoherence, and also some swear words):

Quote:
JUST BACK FROM IRON MAN 3
HOLY **** I CANNOT

I could not for the life of me remember Rebecca Hall’s name, I recognised her face but I didn’t remember her name until the credits
Pepper?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! PEPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Tony……..
Quote:
Just saw Iron Man 3
I… I don’t know how I feel about it… Holy ****. Some damn good plot twists but I don’t know if I actually liked all of them… I need hard liquor and someone to sit down and discuss this with me.
Quote:
IRON MAN 3 Pre-screening
Last night I went to the Iron Man 3 Pre Screening event and saw Iron Man 3. It was just…the best. The humour, the armour, the SFX the EVERYTHING. I kid you not, you guys have to stay till after credits, if you’re a sciencebro shipper, stay till the end, you will not be disappointed.

The whole entire movie was filled with angst.

Expect lots of angst, hurt/comfort fanart from me from now on. I’m just holding off from drawing anything now to avoid giving out spoilers.
Quote:
I JUST WATCHED IRON MAN 3 UGHHHHH IT WAS SO GOOD AND I WAS LITERALLY CRYING IN THE CINEMA

PEPPER I LOVE U TONY U ARE SO UGH I LOVE U SO MUCH PLS LIVE FOREVER???

I AM STILL CRYING AND I’LL WATCH IT AGAIN TOMORROW???
Quote:
Damn you, Tony Stark, damn you. My heart is completely shattered into a million pieces. I think I’m going to cry again…
Quote:
I saw Iron Man 3 last night and holy shiiiiiiiiit alsdjhfaljsdhgaljdshflajkshdfgljakshdgkljahsdf;lja hsdlgkja;sdfghja;sldhjg;adjlshg;alshg it’s AMAZING.

You guys are gonna looooove it!

AND: Stay until the end. Well worth it!
Quote:
Iron man 3
Oh my swEET BABY JESUS LORD!
I CAN’T EVEN ****ING HANDLE THIS, oHmY****ingCHUCK my emotions cannot take this!!!
Iron man 3 is amazing beyond words!
It was so funny and the PLOT AND PEPPER AND TONY AND HAPPY AND ****ING TREVOR!! :’D
Urgh! *collapses to floor*
It was so beautiful :’)
And if you go see it, ****ING WAIT UNTIL ALL THE CREDITS ARE OVER BECAUSE THE END IS JUST ****ING nxkclsbalxha76_8;$(&+&;japdnhxj:$;4;/nskdkepz5)&68 :’)

... You get the gist, lol.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #304
jmc
callin' it like I see it

I'm not quite sure what's the love for the post credit scene to be honest.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #305
Adamantium Man

I guess it depends on what you gain from it. Some obviously get a lot out of this moment. Others don't. *shrugs*

Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #306
jmc
callin' it like I see it

I'll put it this way, I felt like I sat through 8 mins worth of scrolling text for nothing.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #307
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I still don't know EXACTLY what is that post credit. I can wait....I have THOR stuff now

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #308
Adamantium Man

I guess it has the same value as the shawarma scene. It's not vitally important, but for some (in this case, sciencebro shippers) it's awesomeness incarnated.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #309
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I'm ok with it too but the problem is once again when Avengers 2 roles around you're going to have the same problem story wise with the first one, in that if the solo films are again self contained there isn't going to be much of story other than it being another team up film. So is the pattern the story is in the solo films and the party is with the team up movie? I guess I thought with Avengers out of the way there would be greater interwoven threads throughout the films with an underlying story arc culminating in Avengers 2. So much for that. IM3 doesn't have anything like that.
My guess is that the Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy will start the story arc for Avengers 2, while Winter Soldier and Iron Man 3 are completely self contained. Or it's just Guardians of the Galaxy that's starting the story arc for Avengers 2, while the three sequels are self-contained.

Honestly, that's kind of how Phase One was if you step back from it and look at it as a whole. Thor and the First Avenger were the two films that narratively started the story for Avengers. Both Iron Man films and the Incredible Hulk were completely separate from that.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #310
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Realistically I think that starts with Guardians, but to me I just don't think theres any problem in just having Avengers be self contained as well. That is...build up the villain and the plot within the film like every other film. You don't really need to waste time on character arcs for each of the Avengers because they already have their solo films. My point being I personally feel that a film suffers if too much of it relies on a previous film to build up it's storylines, it should be able to do that within itself.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #311
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
My guess is that the Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy will start the story arc for Avengers 2, while Winter Soldier and Iron Man 3 are completely self contained. Or it's just Guardians of the Galaxy that's starting the story arc for Avengers 2, while the three sequels are self-contained.

Honestly, that's kind of how Phase One was if you step back from it and look at it as a whole. Thor and the First Avenger were the two films that narratively started the story for Avengers. Both Iron Man films and the Incredible Hulk were completely separate from that.
I hope this is the case. I mean I'm a little disappointed that IM3 sounds like it is pretty much standalone, but as long as an arc begins in TDW and continues through GOTG into Avengers 2, I'd be happy with that. The thing that separates the MCU from other franchise is that connective tissue and that's what makes the experience so great, at least for me. Not every movie has to inform the larger universe, but I'd still like it to be there in a few of the films.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #312
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

23 reviews 91% Avg 7.6

Old 04-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #313
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post

I think all of the movies are going to be stand alone, even GotG. GotG will do the most to set up A2, but it will be more natural than what happened in phase 1 where the cosmic cube showed up at the end of the post credits scene for Thor and stuff like that.

Also, Feige and RDJ say that IM3 actually does the most to set up future movies going forward than any of the films so far, we just aren't immediately noticing it.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #314
thalidomide
The Enemy

Interesting feedback from twitter

Quote:
@Ryan_Makepeace .

@Iron_Man 3 borrows a massive page from Nolan's #TDKR; the film works as a perfect closing act to a trilogy

Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #315
T"Challa
Side-Kick

up to 93% on RT. 28/30

Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #316
Visceral
Side-Kick

where would disney be without the charisma of Johnny Depp and RDJ.

“I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.”
Old 04-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #317
shuffleboard
Side-Kick

More positive reviews -- Filmoria, Yahoo! UK, Den of Geek, Mirror, Shockya, MSN UK, Total Film (their write-up is finally up), Film4, SFX

Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #318
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
I'll put it this way, I felt like I sat through 8 mins worth of scrolling text for nothing.
That's stupid how they put in those scenes after all of the credits. The Thanos one was after the initial credits so it was quicker, but the shawarma scene was after all of the credits. I guess the after credits scene tying into TA2 or the next MCU movie will be after the initial credits if it's in IM3.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #319
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Some won't like it, I love it. To me Avengers felt less special because the phase 1 films were already at that point gummed up with all the build up towards the Assemble film. If anything that film felt more of a climax to what we already had. Which is fine, but hypothetically if Thor and Cap decided to go the IM3 route and be more self contained, allow themselves to revel in their own unique tone and mythos, then maybe when Avengers 2 rolls around it will feel like a true meshing of not just actors and their characters, but different visions, tones and frankly whole different worlds. If anything it will make it feel a hell of a lot more special and quite possibly will make the individual films better.
Agreed with everything.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #320
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

This is all my personal opinion of course, I guess I'm old fashioned in that I believe each film should be made with as little strings as possible to future and past films and that their worlds should be unique and not dependant. It's movies not a tv show or a miniseries. Although one could counter that making this effectively the highest budget serial or miniseries is somewhat groundbreaking and the best representation of the monthly comic book medium there is. It's a matter of preference and perspective I think.

Brilliant post.
I've said all along that the MCU shouldn't be viewed as an Avengercentric universe. Everything doesn't tie in to the Avengers, despite what some seem to think or want. MS is following the same format as the comics --- the solo titles are their own thing, and the Avengers is *its* own thing. TA1 is the big "Avengers assemble," of course, but TA2 doesn't need to be that at all. The Avengers franchise needs to focus on the team itself --- how it evolves, where it's going, what it stands for, where it's based, how the team gets along (or doesn't). That's the way Stan Lee intended, and it's worked pretty well so far.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #321
thalidomide
The Enemy

a lot of people on tweeter are crying over the fact that this is the last IM movie

Old 04-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #322
StarLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
a lot of people on tweeter are crying over the fact that this is the last IM movie
Is it officially the last?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #323
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
where would disney be without the charisma of Johnny Depp and RDJ.
Do the words "John Carter" mean anything to you?

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #324
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whiplash* View Post
Is it officially the last?

We don't really know for sure.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #325
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
We don't really know for sure.
No, but the fact that Gwyn Paltrow said day before yesterday that Marvel is already in talks with RDJ for TA2 and IM4 would be an indicator.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread