Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #551
The Watchman
Balls McGee

Default Re: The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
People here will hate you for that comment. It's actually gotten better. No wrestlers are being considered any more. No fighters, no models, but the randomness is still there. The thing is that everyone sees something different when looking at these characters. What you think is never going to be what someone else will want. Who are your picks?
I've been here a long time and I've been hated by much better - I'll live. Though it was a redundant and uninspired comment I wish I had insulted more creatively - it's just after seeing so many truly odd suggestions I was bewildered. I don't have any real hard picks - I'm no director - but there are a few people I could see working - though nothing illogical like some of the suggestions I see. C'est la vie.

I just blue myself
Old 05-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #552
shauner111
Side-Kick

So let's hear em! Don't be shy . Unless u don't want us to say that ur picks suck even more

Old 05-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #553
DRCDarkKnight
Side-Kick

is this thread dead?????? lol the Watchmen's negativity shut it down huh?

Martian Manhunter - Chiwetel Ojiofor
Wonder Woman - Gal Gadot
Cyborg - Ray Fisher
Aquaman - Nikolaj Coster Waldau
Old 05-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #554
shauner111
Side-Kick

Well, he wont answer when someone asks HIM to post his picks. He criticizes everyone and thanks God or whatever he does that we're not working for WB doing casting, yet I bet his choices are just as "bad".

Old 05-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #555
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Henry Cavill as Superman
Matt Bomer as Batman
Emily Blunt OR Lynn Collins OR Alexandra Daddario OR Gina Carano as Wonder Woman
Chris Pine as Barry Allen
Bradley Cooper as Hal Jordan. I know many would tell me to swap my choices for Flash/GL but I like them the way I have them.

See? People might say my choices are bad, but that's part of it I guess! Just throw 'em out there. People might end up agreeing with you.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #556
shauner111
Side-Kick

Funny cuz Cooper could work for both Hal and Barry and so could Pine. They just have that thing about them.

I think of Bradley Cooper's look (hair) in The Place Beyond The Pines when I think of him as Hal Jordan but as a character, his traditional comedy/action style. But a little more serious than Ryan Reynolds when the time comes.

Pine is more Hal for me but he'd make a great Barry with lighter hair. I would rather see Gosling or Hunnam in the role though. Hunnam for Constantine is a better choice so ill stick by the pipedream of having Gosling for Flash.

After watching The Place Beyond The Pines, and their interviews together (don't watch them until uve seen the movie cuz of spoilers)...I was pretty much convinced I wanted to see Bradley/Ryan team up for something. And the way they interact in real life, reminds me of what I want to see between Barry/Hal. PLUS they're both massive stars right now and fantastic actors. It's too good to be true.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #557
Rorschach2012
$

The ideal Barry and Hal really would be Gosling and Cooper, those two would seriously be perfect.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #558
shauner111
Side-Kick

I know! It's insane. I just wish Gosling was won over by the idea for JL since he knows he's the Flash. And Cooper would be given a second chance to audition for GL and actually DONT do the bat growl this time hahaha. Just talk normally.

If they can get past those things, they would be perfection. Especially going up with Bale? JL would flatten Marvel and make them crawl into a corner for the rest of their lives.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #559
cleverusername8
Or something like that

I forgot about Gosling! I agree, put him and Cooper as Flash and GL respectively and you've got gold!

Old 05-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #560
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I know! It's insane. I just wish Gosling was won over by the idea for JL since he knows he's the Flash. And Cooper would be given a second chance to audition for GL and actually DONT do the bat growl this time hahaha. Just talk normally.
They would be perfect indeed.

But this:
Quote:
If they can get past those things, they would be perfection. Especially going up with Bale? JL would flatten Marvel and make them crawl into a corner for the rest of their lives.

Don't tell me you can't be a fan of both DC & Marvel, there's no need to bash the other, is just ridiculous. Hopefully, both will have success with their movies.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #561
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
The ideal Barry and Hal really would be Gosling and Cooper, those two would seriously be perfect.
I disagree, while both would be great as Barry and Hal, I see Pine with Gosling and Cooper with Reynolds.

Then again, I'd also jump at the chance to have Bale return as Batman....

Old 05-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #562
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post

Don't tell me you can't be a fan of both DC & Marvel, there's no need to bash the other, is just ridiculous. Hopefully, both will have success with their movies.
Im talking business, they would crush them.

But so what if im not a fan of Marvel Studios (im really not, but im a fan of other Marvel characters)...why do I have to be a fan of both? lol.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #563
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Im talking business, they would crush them.

But so what if im not a fan of Marvel Studios (im really not, but im a fan of other Marvel characters)...why do I have to be a fan of both? lol.
And if WB doesn't "crush" them, then what? Is not the end of the world either.

Even if you're not fan of the other, you don't have to bash them either. I'm not going to say for example: "When Marvel Studios gets Spidey and the X-men back, they're going to destroy DC forever..." I want both to make good movies about the characters we like and love.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #564
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post
And if WB doesn't "crush" them, then what? Is not the end of the world either.

Even if you're not fan of the other, you don't have to bash them either. I'm not going to say for example: "When Marvel Studios gets Spidey and the X-men back, they're going to destroy DC forever..." I want both to make good movies about the characters we like and love.
I never said it was the end of the world lol.

And if I don't like something, I could bash it all I want. Sure, I want spidey movies to be good, but I don't like the characters or movies Marvel Studios/Avengers put out so it doesn't matter to me if their movies do well or not.

I just think it's time for DC to beat Marvel in this so-called "competition" that seems to be going on.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #565
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never said it was the end of the world lol.

And if I don't like something, I could bash it all I want. Sure, I want spidey movies to be good, but I don't like the characters or movies Marvel Studios/Avengers put out so it doesn't matter to me if their movies do well or not.

I just think it's time for DC to beat Marvel in this so-called "competition" that seems to be going on.
Bring the Rain DC

Old 05-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #566
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Is there really a competition? Iron man wouldn't have been made if batman begins wasn't made. Im 3 was the comedy version of tdkr. Dc is already winning. One hero can bank billions(twice), yet it takes 6 with lead up movies to do that once. I'd rather have quality dc films that they take their time with to connect them than see the marvel formula fail again for dc.

It's not about catching up, it's about making good, meaningful movie that aren't just bs popcorn movies like marvel movies.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #567
combocaz
Side-Kick

Found my Wonder Woman

nora arnezeder

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
Old 05-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #568
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
After The Great Gatsby, I'm sure Joel Edgerton as Batman will be discussed more. I think he'd make a pretty good Batman.

He's my top pick for Aquaman. I'll need to check out Gatsby to see what you're talking about. I just hope Marvel doesn't nab him first.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #569
DRCDarkKnight
Side-Kick

Just curious. We keep dismissing Batman selections becaus eof age. Butall of the Batmans before were beteween 35 - 38 for there movies. Bale was 31. I think batman has to look older than Supes. ALso Nikolaj Coster Waldau i smuch older and i just watched MAMA and he looks young for his age. Same with some WW suggestions.

Martian Manhunter - Chiwetel Ojiofor
Wonder Woman - Gal Gadot
Cyborg - Ray Fisher
Aquaman - Nikolaj Coster Waldau
Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #570
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCDarkKnight View Post
Just curious. We keep dismissing Batman selections becaus eof age. Butall of the Batmans before were beteween 35 - 38 for there movies. Bale was 31. I think batman has to look older than Supes. ALso Nikolaj Coster Waldau i smuch older and i just watched MAMA and he looks young for his age. Same with some WW suggestions.
waldau is a pretty good actor. he might've aged out of batman mostly because now batman is a more physical role. a man in his early 40s may not have the physicality to do the role or bulk up. there's also the franchise aspect. can an actor over 40 carry a franchise for 8-10 yrs like many do now? rdj is the only exception, but he didn't have to do much outside of the suit.

honestly i wouldn't mind an older actor who looks the part and can act. but someone 30-38 would still work. matthew bomer is like 35 or something, he'd be a good batman.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #571
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

If the dude looks younger than his age, he can probably pass. Some guys just look pretty worn even at 30.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #572
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

maybe Jake Gyllenhaal should get chance No. 2

Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #573
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Puppy dog eyes as Bats?

I believe in Batfleck
Old 05-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #574
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
maybe Jake Gyllenhaal should get chance No. 2
Jake Gyllenhaal should get chance No. Never.

Bubble-Bats!

Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #575
Great Mind(s)
Broken

People want people who play the Lone Ranger play Batman or someone who plays a rich guy to play Batman. Jeez do you guys have no imagination?

Closed Thread