The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #51
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour
 
Ramsay Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOLTON, England, UK
Posts: 7,487
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
In an hour...
Thank you!

Ramsay Snow is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #52
Superherofan123
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 767
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Fantastic art! I want ALL of them!

Superherofan123 is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #53
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,695
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
Fantastic art! I want ALL of them!
Well buy them?

__________________
My Ever Growing Blu Ray Collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is online now  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #54
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
Fantastic art! I want ALL of them!

buy them all and then upload them for us in high res

!Superman! is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #55
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,695
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

ZOD, I hope we get at least one shot of Supes in the dark with glowing red eyes. How friggin amazing would that be?!

__________________
My Ever Growing Blu Ray Collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is online now  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #56
JimJimBinks
A friend
 
JimJimBinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 400
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
They were kind of lower grade looking. I'll find some.



Touche.
As a huge Superman Returns fan, I've gotta say calling the posters lower grade is being kind.

__________________
"In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god.
And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him.
" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
JimJimBinks is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #57
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
ZOD, I hope we get at least one shot of Supes in the dark with glowing red eyes. How friggin amazing would that be?!
i dont know... SUPER amazing?


!Superman! is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #58
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,158
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
If they're licensed from WB, then they're "official."
Are they?

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #59
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,695
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

We have 24 hours and 53 minutes remaining until the trailer. Hey Hopeful, why don't you create a new countdown to the trailer thread! Pretty please with me.....I mean cherries on top?!

__________________
My Ever Growing Blu Ray Collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is online now  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #60
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User
 
\S/JcDc\S/'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,350
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

A positive moment of nostalgia.So I noticed I originally joined SHH back in 2003 when I was still a kid LMAO. CRAZY! I SEE SPIDEY, Showtime, and some others can recount the old days I'm sure.Thoughts on SHH back in the day, to current:Thinking back to pre-Superman returns it is actually amazing how much we are getting that were fan favorite ideas. I remember posts about not wanting kryptonite in the first movie. Henry Cavill became the most popular fan choice for a while on here, and as we know was eventually cast. I coined the "Cavill for Kal-el" catch phrase but then I lost points with some for being intrigued by Jude Law as Superman previous to that with (10 years ago he looked better for the part lol) "Law will bring justice to Superman!" ah ha ha... Also I suggested, and probably others did as well, that the new costume should have a kevlar/scaly type of look to be more sci fi. Actually, sci fi feel and a greater look into Krypton was yet another popular and accepted idea back in the day. Ever since the possibility of a new Superman film, I have wanted an origin story and YES we are getting one. Last origin back in 1978, I mean it is about time! I'd say we got more of what we wanted collectively than we didn't get. Obviously the trunks/no trunks argument has been highly contested, and many felt Zod would be too much of a repeat. However with all the strengths of things most of us did want, it looks like we will be pretty lucky as \S/ fans!I always wanted the manipulation theme to carry the origin by having Lex manipulate Corben/Metallo, and Brainiac manipulating Lex as well. I'm hoping everything works out with this first installment so we can still see something like this done in a sequel still.Cheers to us all for hanging in there through development hell and even a restart phase, where we didn't even know if the WB would take another crack at Superman!

__________________
JcDc-- My original join date was: 05-07-2003 --Time flies, and so should Superman!
\S/JcDc\S/ is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #61
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,555
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

I remember a part in the SDCC trailer shown to the audience of what appeared to be Clark in a pit of
skulls reaching out to us.

Tra-El is online now  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #62
gomez147
You're not just anyone
 
gomez147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
We have 24 hours and 53 minutes remaining until the trailer. Hey Hopeful, why don't you create a new countdown to the trailer thread! Pretty please with me.....I mean cherries on top?!
Yeah, that would make the wait more fun

gomez147 is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #63
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,158
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
We have 24 hours and 53 minutes remaining until the trailer. Hey Hopeful, why don't you create a new countdown to the trailer thread! Pretty please with me.....I mean cherries on top?!
Why don't you make one? Share the thread making responsibilities

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #64
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,695
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Why don't you make one? Share the thread making responsibilities
Aw come on you are SO incredibly good at creating threads! Mine would pale in comparison to your genius mind.

__________________
My Ever Growing Blu Ray Collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is online now  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #65
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,158
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Fine, i'm doing it What's the time at the moment?

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #66
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,695
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Fine, i'm doing it What's the time at the moment?
23 hours and 40 minutes.

__________________
My Ever Growing Blu Ray Collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is online now  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #67
gomez147
You're not just anyone
 
gomez147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Fine, i'm doing it What's the time at the moment?
24 hours and 42 minutes

gomez147 is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #68
Glassjaw
In training
 
Glassjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton/Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
A positive moment of nostalgia.So I noticed I originally joined SHH back in 2003 when I was still a kid LMAO. CRAZY! I SEE SPIDEY, Showtime, and some others can recount the old days I'm sure.Thoughts on SHH back in the day, to current:Thinking back to pre-Superman returns it is actually amazing how much we are getting that were fan favorite ideas. I remember posts about not wanting kryptonite in the first movie. Henry Cavill became the most popular fan choice for a while on here, and as we know was eventually cast. I coined the "Cavill for Kal-el" catch phrase but then I lost points with some for being intrigued by Jude Law as Superman previous to that with (10 years ago he looked better for the part lol) "Law will bring justice to Superman!" ah ha ha... Also I suggested, and probably others did as well, that the new costume should have a kevlar/scaly type of look to be more sci fi. Actually, sci fi feel and a greater look into Krypton was yet another popular and accepted idea back in the day. Ever since the possibility of a new Superman film, I have wanted an origin story and YES we are getting one. Last origin back in 1978, I mean it is about time! I'd say we got more of what we wanted collectively than we didn't get. Obviously the trunks/no trunks argument has been highly contested, and many felt Zod would be too much of a repeat. However with all the strengths of things most of us did want, it looks like we will be pretty lucky as \S/ fans!I always wanted the manipulation theme to carry the origin by having Lex manipulate Corben/Metallo, and Brainiac manipulating Lex as well. I'm hoping everything works out with this first installment so we can still see something like this done in a sequel still.Cheers to us all for hanging in there through development hell and even a restart phase, where we didn't even know if the WB would take another crack at Superman!
I can't imagine being on the forum for such a long time, nor can I imagine how frustrating it must have been these past 7 years, waiting for a film like MoS to come along and do justice (we hope / expect). Going to savour these moments from now on that's for sure.

Glassjaw is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #69
moviefreak
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 270
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Isn't one of the posters that of Jim Lee's Superman?


moviefreak is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #70
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick
 
Dr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,746
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Are they?
http://www.gbposters.com/

...these guys seem legit. (They're British, right? You'd know better than me. ) So it would be odd (and ri$ky) for them to be selling unlicensed knockoffs.

Dr. is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #71
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave
 
Sharkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,126
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Are they?
Yeah WB always does posters like this, they are the cheapest of the cheap when it comes to material for their films, it's just stuff you'd find at clothing stores or supermarkets next to pencil cases and whatnot.

Can't wait till we get to see some of the stuff for kids, they are always fun to see. The Dark Knight stuff for kids was especially surreal seeing how they managed to translate someone like Bane or Joker for children gave me a chuckle. MoS shouldnt be too hard.

__________________
1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #72
Glassjaw
In training
 
Glassjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton/Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
Isn't one of the posters that of Jim Lee's Superman?

A bunch of them are. Two seem to be Dave Finch drawings aswell.

Glassjaw is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #73
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 12,825
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

I'm really loving all the awesome new Superman art, even as dark as it is for the old boy in blue.

__________________
MY VIDEO REVIEW SHOW: EPIC FILM GUYS
www.youtube.com/epicfilmguysny www.facebook.com/epicfilmguys
1939-2014: 75 YEARS OF THE BATMAN
SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #74
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 516
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Just seen the Zod TV spot in ads on MTV UK,I recorded the awards show from earlier and was just forwarding through and lo and behold..it's good seeing it on TV. feels like this is actually happening now

Do we need to be looking at or following any specific website right now to get the possible 24 hour follow up to Zods message?

Greeneyes is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #75
geetard
The Amazon Smile
 
geetard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,556
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
Just seen the Zod TV spot in ads on MTV UK,I recorded the awards show from earlier and was just forwarding through and lo and behold..it's good seeing it on TV. feels like this is actually happening now

Do we need to be looking at or following any specific website right now to get the possible 24 hour follow up to Zods message?
The official MOS website I guess.

In about 15 minutes we'll find out.

geetard is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.