Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

It looks freaking cool, that's hard to deny. Those vein/bolt patterns all over his skin are a nice touch.
I'm excited about it. And seeing as how this is only a set picture it's guaranteed to look amazing on screen.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 3

It's always the same. The set pics get released, fanboys complain, other fanboys assure everyone: "no guys! the set pics don't do it justice" and then the movie comes out and it's ultimately not too different from the set pics.

Aside from a few small, cosmetic touch ups, this is what he'll look like. Nothing thrilling or imaginative, but oh well. Maybe the script is good.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
It's always the same. The set pics get released, fanboys complain, other fanboys assure everyone: "no guys! the set pics don't do it justice" and then the movie comes out and it's ultimately not too different from the set pics.

Aside from a few small, cosmetic touch ups, this is what he'll look like. Nothing thrilling or imaginative, but oh well. Maybe the script is good.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

It is true that set pics always look worse than the actual thing. Its also true that Electro will involve a lot of CGI.

That said, the makeup looks like your typical generic blue alien dude. There's nothing super distinctive or original about it. Its cool in its own way, but like I said... not knocking my socks off or anything.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post

What are you talking about?

Nobody is hating it

Old 04-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
It is true that set pics always look worse than the actual thing. Its also true that Electro will involve a lot of CGI.

That said, the makeup looks like your typical generic blue alien dude. There's nothing super distinctive or original about it. Its cool in its own way, but like I said... not knocking my socks off or anything.
That's fine,dude but the movie definately will be several notches higher than the first.I was gonna say how I hate the people who senselessly complain about things like Vid but I am not gonna complain cuz than I will be complaining too.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #9
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:

Agreed. But I'm sure we're all in agreement that this is only the base for the final outcome on film. I'm sure they'll add additional glowing and color timing effects. It'd also be cool to see the exaggerated veins on his face and neck "pulse", as if the blood pumping within them is shining through the skin.

It is just me, or does changing the color of a person's skin make their otherwise normal faces look totally weird? It's not a race thing - it doesn't matter the color of the skin originally or changed; it's just the simple fact that the color has changed dramatically. Funny how much colors really affect the perception of a person's facial structure.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I just don't think there are a lot different ways they could have done this. Either he is just a regular dude that uses lightning. He is a disfigured freak. Or he is simply living energy. And it looks like they went with option number two. The whole blue skin by itself isn't all that impressive, but when he lights up like a glow in the dark stick, he actually looks pretty badass. For just being a bunch of set pics, I'm actually pretty happy.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Agreed. But I'm sure we're all in agreement that this is only the base for the final outcome on film. I'm sure they'll add additional glowing and color timing effects. It'd also be cool to see the exaggerated veins on his face and neck "pulse", as if the blood pumping within them is shining through the skin.

It is just me, or does changing the color of a person's skin make their otherwise normal faces look totally weird? It's not a race thing - it doesn't matter the color of the skin originally or changed; it's just the simple fact that the color has changed dramatically. Funny how much colors really affect the perception of a person's facial structure.
It's all about the pigmentation.If the pigmentation is not "Normal" for the person,its either genetic disease or a skin disorder.That's why MJ looked weird in pictures and a part of why Avatars are considered alien.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_shadow View Post
It's all about the pigmentation.If the pigmentation is not "Normal" for the person,its either genetic disease or a skin disorder.That's why MJ looked weird in pictures and a part of why Avatars are considered alien.
That, along with the zebra stripes, elf ears, tails, and being nine feet tall.

I like the design they selected for the character; it fits their interpretation of the Ultimate Universe.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #13
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

so it that hoodie part of the costume or is he just trying to be stealthy to not give away anything in those set pictures.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
Nathan

Part of the costume. Notice all the small lights? They are there to light his face up.

People already speculate that the entire scenario could play out like the Spectacular Spider-Man Episode. When he got his powers and just tries to avoid people.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Tries to avoid people... by walking into a crowd?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Yeah what if they wanted the glow to look realistic so the lights on the hood light up his face and they digitally remove the little lights later?

Mind blown. : O

Old 04-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #17
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Go to Time square

Best way to avoid people

Old 04-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #18
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Go to Time square

Best way to avoid people

Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #19
Oscorp
Side-Kick

He's probably there for a specific purpose.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #20
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
He's probably there for a specific purpose.
*mind blown*

You don't say...

Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #21
Superhero 101
DESI

that pic is awesome i like the little light ins the hood

Old 04-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #22
Nathan

Electro, at least in the cartoon, was also incredibly impatient. Let's assume he wants to go home, he'd probably choose the quickest way. Even if that means passing through a group of people. He'll just keep a low profile and hope that nobody pays him much attention.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #23
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

It look like a combination between TRON and Mr. Freeze IMO.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #24
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Part of the costume. Notice all the small lights? They are there to light his face up.

People already speculate that the entire scenario could play out like the Spectacular Spider-Man Episode. When he got his powers and just tries to avoid people.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
In SSM he was pathetic IMO, too weak, not dangerous. I prefer the TAS version.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #25
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
*mind blown*

You don't say...
Why are you such an ass

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Closed Thread