Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #601
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
in that recent magazine article "x number of things u need to know about the amazing spider-man 2" it had this little write up on electro and said he had super strength.

was this an error on the author's part or?
I think that's an error. Had to look it up.
Says his powers are just flight and electricity.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #602
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I'm starting to see more now why they went with the characterization they did with Max Dillon. I think to make him a gawky looking characters sets him apart from Rhino. (Literally cannot remember how to spell his name.) And besides, if they made him a more badass geek we kind of had that with Norman and Doc Connors. I sort of hoped they would have him be more of a street thug/ hustler type of person because we've never had that kind of villain before, but I guess they're going that direction with Rhino's alter ego (whats-his-name)
You may be right, and if so I think that is a mistake. Like you, I think he should have been a smart-ass, arrogant, sob[that's more Foxx characterization, quick, witty, hustler....not necessarily a thug, but more like a regular blue collar guy with some street background(know what I'm saying)] Make him complete geek/nerd, with a comb-over, imo, is not exactly what I see Foxx doing well. I look at the previews of him as President in "White House Down" playing an out of touch politician, and it just don't look interesting, or the type of character one expect from Foxx....this persona of Max Dillon looks the same...out of touch, then miraculously a bad-ass....arrr, typical. I was hoping, like you, Max would be more street wise then what he apparently is in this film.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #603
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
I hope that Rhino doesn't overstay his welcome. Electro should be the vocal point of this sequel
i think electro will have a slow origin, learning who max is through out, his obsession with spidey, and rhino is just there to keep spidey busy during the middle of the film, give some action scenes

i don't think we will get loads of fights with electro, 2 at the very least... maybe, i wouldn't be surprised if its all a build up to a big battle at the end with electro

Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #604
mayo23
Side-Kick

When I think of Foxx's character Max in Collateral that's how I think he will portray Max Dillon, but a little bit differently.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #605
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
When I think of Foxx's character Max in Collateral that's how I think he will portray Max Dillon, but a little bit differently.
Maybe a tiny bit more..troubled I'd say. I don't think the character he played in Collateral would have all and I mean ALL those cut outs of Spidey in his room. But that's a good comparison.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #606
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
I think that's an error. Had to look it up.
Says his powers are just flight and electricity.
It's a little deeper than that. His basic powers are Flight and control over Electricity, but he gains further abilities when he approaches his maximum power levels. Also, he's had various power upgrades in the comics.

Here's the wiki description:

Quote:

An unusually configured magnetic field was created when Dillon was struck by lightning while holding live, high-tension wires and a wound reel of one-inch cable, granting him superhuman powers. Electro can generate massive quantities of electricity, theoretically up to approximately one million volts. He can employ this electrostatic energy as lightning arcs from his fingertips, and his maximum charge is more than enough to kill a normal human.

When his body is charged to high levels, he becomes superhumanly strong and fast. He can also glide over power lines by using the electricity contained therein for propulsion, and he has on occasion been shown to actually ride on lightning bolts. During a stint in prison, Doctor Octopus gave him the ideas of ionizing metals and sparking the petroleum in the fuel tank of a vehicle as a way to generate explosions. He can charge himself up to make himself more powerful. He can also absorb the energy of electrical equipment such as a power plant to increase his powers further.

In New Avengers, he was shown to fly and manipulate large amounts of electricity and machinery, when he freed all the prisoners at Rykers (although, due to the city-wide blackout preceding the event, he probably absorbed a great deal of energy beforehand).

An experimental procedure heightened his powers, allowing Electro to store and absorb a seemingly limitless amount of electricity. He also seemed to gain the power over magnetism to a certain degree, allowing him to manipulate magnetic fields and move objects in a manner similar to that of Magneto, and could overcome his old weakness to water by using the electromagnetic fields around him to vaporize water before it could touch him. He made Spider-Man beg by stimulating the bioelectric currents in his brain, and was able to defeat Nate Grey by manipulating said currents in Nate's brain to turn his own psionic powers against him.

Electro can override any electrically powered device and manipulate it according to his mental commands.
By using an external electrical power source to recharge his body's energy reserves, Electro could expend electricity indefinitely without diminishing his personal reserves. When he is fully charged, Electro is extremely sensitive to anything that may "short circuit" him, such as water.
Electro propels himself along magnetic lines of force in objects that have great electrical potential, such as high-tension electrical lines. He can also create electrostatic bridges to traverse upon, at the cost of a great expenditure of energy.

During the events of the storyline "The Gauntlet", Electro became a living artificial thunderbolt, allowing him to travel through electrical appliances such as going through a light bulb and exiting through any other electronic device connected to the power source.[volume & issue needed] He was also able to transmit himself over Spider-Man's web.[volume & issue needed]

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #607
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I'm thinking that Rhino will be introduced very early in the film and during the Spidey/Rhino conflict we'll get to know Max. By the time Spidey deals with Rhino and has him subdued/locked up or whatever, Electro will be the main focus. That's what I am gathering from all that we've seen.
Yeah, I can't imagine Rhino will have a huge role in the film. I think the first half will be Peter dealing with taking out thugs, one of them being Rhino, and sending them to Ravencroft. At some point we see him meet Mary Jane, and later Harry Osborn; then this eventually leads him to Norman.

Maybe Peter uses Harry to get more information about his parents, why they left, and why Peter was the only successful cross-species experiment.

My question is... where does Electro fit into all of this? We see Peter saving him at some point in the middle of the street, so perhaps that was during one of the fight scenes with Rhino. Here Max Dillon is an Oscorp employee, so what could you guys make of it?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 06-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #608
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

@SpideyFan866

Ah I knew it. I knew there was superhuman strength involved somewhere 'cause I've seen many panels of hand-to-hand combat with him and Spidey. Just didn't know the reason behind that. Thanks

Old 06-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #609
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Yeah, I can't imagine Rhino will have a huge role in the film. I think the first half will be Peter dealing with taking out thugs, one of them being Rhino, and sending them to Ravencroft. At some point we see him meet Mary Jane, and later Harry Osborn; then this eventually leads him to Norman.

Maybe Peter uses Harry to get more information about his parents, why they left, and why Peter was the only successful cross-species experiment.

My question is... where does Electro fit into all of this? We see Peter saving him at some point in the middle of the street, so perhaps that was during one of the fight scenes with Rhino. Here Max Dillon is an Oscorp employee, so what could you guys make of it?
With the way you described Rhino, do you mind him being that small of a role? If he is, wouldn't that be a good thing and stop the worries of so many people saying that this is the next "Spider-Man 3" with "all the villains" jumbled in this movie?
I think what's gonna happen for Rhino is something to the effect of what you made his role sound like. (In terms of how small it is.)

Old 06-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #610
Picard Sisko

I would be okay with him having a really small role. Maybe show him in 1-2 fight scenes max. Electro is the main villain and that needs to be made clear.

Though I doubt it will be like Spider-Man 3, since it won't have three main villains.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 06-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #611
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Hmmm, I think Rhino role will be much larger than many of you think.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #612
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Spider-Man 3's problem wasn't having too many villains. It was how poorly the runtime of the movie was wasted on unnecessary things, like cooking, dancing, singing, two love triangles and other useless stuff that didn't serve to push the story forward.

And I think you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Rhino will be a small time villain in this movie. First, I think it'd be a disrespect to the villain. Second, they wouldn't waste Paul's talent on a few minute's appearance.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #613
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Spider-Man 3's problem wasn't having too many villains. It was how poorly the runtime of the movie was wasted on unnecessary things, like cooking, dancing, singing, two love triangles and other useless stuff that didn't serve to push the story forward.

And I think you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Rhino will be a small time villain in this movie. First, I think it'd be a disrespect to the villain. Second, they wouldn't waste Paul's talent on a few minute's appearance.
and fans of IM3 would have said the same of Ben Kingsley

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #614
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I didn't watch it.
Despite knowing the twist, was he a small presence in the movie? Was he a villain that appeared in one scene then was gone for the whole movie?

Old 06-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #615
Picard Sisko

Quote:

It also had 3 main villains that had three seperate stories, all of which didn't tie into the main plot.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #616
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
I didn't watch it.
Despite knowing the twist, was he a small presence in the movie? Was he a villain that appeared in one scene then was gone for the whole movie?
He was the main presence through the first half

But seriously, just because Paul Giamatti is a talented actor doesn't automatically mean that his part will be big. Maybe Webb wanted to get the best out of the little time Rhino has in the film

Also Rhino doesn't really need that much time in a movie. His shtick is that he rampages, and he (generally) isn't that deep of a character. 2 action scenes, one with Aleksei and one with him as Rhino, is quite enough. I don't understand how that'd be disrespectful to the character

Old 06-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #617
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Yeah, it doesn't mean his part will be big, but knowing that Webb is a great director of actors and wants to get the max of each of them, I consider it'd be naive to think Rhino would be wasted after a simple scene.

2 action scenes doesn't mean little, either. Iron Monger had one and was all it needed. It depends on how it's done. I'm not counting runtime, but the impact it has.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #618
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.

"I'm just happy to be part of it. I'll let you know this: Spider-Man definitely has a formidable opponent, someone who really does not like him."

Old 06-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #619
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

^ Is that a quite from Jamie or Paul?

Old 06-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #620
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

From Jamie looks like sony talked to him and told him not give stuff away

Old 07-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #621
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

I was thinking about something:

We kinda got the iconic comic book look with the lizard, especially when he wore the lab coat in a few scenes of TASM.

Would it be really that far fetched to let Electro have a modified version of his starfish mask?? Of course I'm not talking about an actual mask. But what if - say at the final battle - there's a scene where the electricity bursts out of his eyes/face, forming a star... only for a few seconds. It would be a great nod to his comic suit.

What do you think?

Kaya Scodelario for Mary Jane Watson!!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #622
Elysium23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
I was thinking about something:

We kinda got the iconic comic book look with the lizard, especially when he wore the lab coat in a few scenes of TASM.

Would it be really that far fetched to let Electro have a modified version of his starfish mask?? Of course I'm not talking about an actual mask. But what if - say at the final battle - there's a scene where the electricity bursts out of his eyes/face, forming a star... only for a few seconds. It would be a great nod to his comic suit.

What do you think?
Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Btw, does anyone think Electro will be able to fly like in TSSM?

1:20
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #623
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium23 View Post
Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Btw, does anyone think Electro will be able to fly like in TSSM?

1:20
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
rumour has it that he will be able to hover over anything made of metal. i don't think he will be able to fly though.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 07-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #624
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
Hmmm, I think Rhino role will be much larger than many of you think.

I think you're gonna see Rhino a lot in the middle part of the movie.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #625
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

nope debunked by marc himself. rhino will have a small role and will barerly be in the film

Closed Thread