The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 04-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #251
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
I find it funny and intriguing that he seems actually annoyed at the interruption.
Yea right?? Lol....it's like they both forgot where they were

Old 04-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #252
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Oh c'mon...you can 'do better'.
Conversations take two people. We could do better.

Frankly I love 95% of MOS. But on these boards if I critique the marketing, I'm labeled an impatient fanboy. If I critique the score in the trailer, I'm labeled an unpleasable Williams fanboy who can't embrace change. I just want to have a substantive conversation about this stuff, but I feel like the discussion always unwinds into these labels without addressing anything worth talking about.

I like you a lot KalMart, and I agree with a lot of what you say a lot of the time. So I respect your position, and sure, the Zimmer score will probably be fine. Let's just leave it at that and move on.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #253
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Conversations take two people. We could do better.
I'm joking dude, take it easy.

I don't feel like going in circles with you more. Leave it at that and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
I'm kind of hoping the interrogation scene plays out sort of like this: the military is trying to capture Superman(possibly because Zod's begun his attack), but he surrenders to Lois at least in part because he knows she's been tracking him. He then requests that he talk to her, they have their fun little talk/exposition piece, then the interruption Takes place and Superman basically walks out of the room to go save the world.
I could see that, but it would also be nice if they hear about more attacks, and Superman basically asks everyone to trust him because only he can fight it....rather than, say, getting up, busting out of the cuffs, and bursting out of custody while they still have questions. I'd like to see that gesture of trust/alliance, if you will.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #254
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

I think saving the military base is a good way to show he's on the same team.

It's not like an interview/interrogation would've persuaded them.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #255
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Why did I read all of that just now?
Apologies Kane.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #256
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Why did I read all of that just now?
Nothing...absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I think saving the military base is a good way to show he's on the same team.

It's not like an interview/interrogation would've persuaded them.
If it (battle/saving) happens beforehand, but it looks like he agrees to be taken in with Lois being the middleman, so to speak. So it could be his sort of 'olive branch' while they're still not sure what he is or what he'll do. But if an all-out attack comes during the interrogation, and they're not 'done with him'....he can either bust out by force, which to many would kinda' negate his coming there peacefully...or ask them to trust him and let him go so that he can help them, out of respect. I'd personally like to see that gesture from him.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-18-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #257
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
Yea right?? Lol....it's like they both forgot where they were
Yeah, he makes a little exasperated sigh and then sends them this dirty look:

This is why I don't think he's hearing Zod or a threat. He's not saying "excuse me, I gotta go save the world"
this is just like the trailer hints, it may be edited but he's just saying excuse me as in 'excuse me for the interruption miss lane, please carry on'

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #258
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick

I know how they edit trailers to tell a "story" or make a point come across for humor or to give the audience member a sense of what's going on with how the characters are or what they're doing etc. but in this trailer it honestly didn't come off that way, I think it was the microphone static and the extra long beat... The cut didn't feel proper IF that is in fact what they wanted to do.

Perhaps he should have heard something else other than someone like bumping into or tapping a mic and THEN cut to Zod.

Either way, I still love the **** out of this trailer and that exchange between Kal-El and Lois..just looked like he tore ass the way he said excuse me is all.

Last edited by 4NutzinYoface; 04-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.
4NutzinYoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #259
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick

Quote:

This is why I don't think he's hearing Zod or a threat. He's not saying "excuse me, I gotta go save the world"
this is just like the trailer hints, it may be edited but he's just saying excuse me as in 'excuse me for the interruption miss lane, please carry on'

See!? I'm not the only one lol obviously there's confusion amongst loads of people and people who have an idea of what's happening there. It did almost look like he was miffed about the clumsiness of what was going on behind the mirror. Was it to illustrate he has super hearing and could hear the static from behind the glass and Lois wouldn't be able to?

Lol I don't know why I want to know so bad but I do dammit.. It's almost like I'm watching the trailer going "Oh my God! Awesome, wicked, brilliant, beautiful, niiiice, er... the fack is going on her--AWESOME!!!"

4NutzinYoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #260
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:

The scene is definitely edited, Lois doesn't seem to react to the "interruption" in the wide shot and for some reason I'm getting the feeling Supes has some attitude with something that was said behind the glass. He's almost giving them a dead look. I think those guys are looking at each other like "He heard me?". Maybe his comment leads into more of something like "Excuse me, an alien? I was raised on this Earth so I consider myself one of you.Ē

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #261
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4NutzinYoface View Post
I know how they edit trailers to tell a "story" or make a point come across for humor or to give the audience member a sense of what's going on with how the characters are or what they're doing etc. but in this trailer it honestly didn't come off that way, I think it was the microphone static and the extra long beat... The cut didn't feel proper IF that is in fact what they wanted to do.

Perhaps he should have heard something else other than someone like bumping into or tapping a mic and THEN cut to Zod.

Either way, I still love the **** out of this trailer and that exchange between Kal-El and Lois..just looked like he tore ass the way he said excuse me is all.

It did feel a bit clunky, but I think most people got it and went with the 'rhythm', so to speak.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #262
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

I believe Lois will say "Superman" in that scene. It doesn't seem like she's going to get cut off the way she does in the trailer.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #263
Bren
Forevernoob

Maybe Superman overhears one of the military guys making a comment like "is this an interrogation or a first date? It was a mistake letting that bimbo question him?"

Imagine, if that was the case, the guy would be in large dwang from both Superman AND General Lane

Old 04-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #264
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Maybe Superman overhears one of the military guys making a comment like "is this an interrogation or a first date? It was a mistake letting that bimbo question him?"

Imagine, if that was the case, the guy would be in large dwang from both Superman AND General Lane
Or he turns to respond to something else they whisper behind the glass with the mic off meant to be secret from him (to show him he can Super-hear them), then turns back to Lois to say 'Excuse me'. Yeah.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #265
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Anyone notice the fleschier esque vibe the action scenes give?pretty awesome

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #266
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I haven't seen anyone mention that superman can see the people behind the glass too, not just hear them. If he does have x ray vision in this

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #267
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

I think they cut off the Superman line to save it for the movie.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #268
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I haven't seen anyone mention that superman can see the people behind the glass too, not just hear them. If he does have x ray vision in this
Supes: (to glass) I like pink very much, General Lane. (to Lois) Excuse me, you were saying?

Old 04-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #269
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Or he turns to respond to something else they whisper behind the glass with the mic off meant to be secret from him (to show him he can Super-hear them), then turns back to Lois to say 'Excuse me'. Yeah.

haha this!!

I think someone is gonna make a snide comment about them flirting instead of her asking real questions, he looks really annoyed lol

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #270
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post

Did I miss something... is General Lane suddenly in this film?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #271
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

For sake of argument...let's just say yes.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #272
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Well, Entertainment Weekly has an article up on their website explaining some key moments in the most recent trailer, and it actually contains quite a few potential spoilers:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
*Yes, the shot of the LexCorp building is an Easter Egg for the film.

*The Fortress of Solitude is a gigantic Kryptonian spaceship "wedged into eons of arctic ice." Which means that, yes, Kryptonians have visited Earth well before Clark ever arrived. This also explains how Jor-El knows all about Earth beforehand and why he sends the infant Kal-El there--because the Kryptonians have already explored Earth in the past.

*That shot of the giant, mechanical squid looking thing? That's actually General Zod's spaceship, the Black Zero. In this film, it was the ship Zod and his fellow insurgents were imprisoned in the aftermath of the Kryptonian Civil War, which he and his comrades then took over, retrofitted and used to make their escape.

*The winged creature seen in the film is called a "Herocka" and is described as having dragonfly "insect wings" and a "rodent-ish face" that's Kryptonians use as mounts. Apparently, Jor-El rides one.

*"Krypton is a subterranean world. The surface is somewhat barren and lifeless, like a rocky moon, while the civilization exists [in] the interior of the planet. But occasionally itís necessary to emerge on the surface and fly to another location."

*Jor-El and Zod will fight in the beginning of the film, presumably during the Kyrptonian Civil War.

*Apparently, Clark, while wandering the globe saving lives in secret, "has also been working to get his temper under control, and isnít above some heavy-handed vandalism when provoked."

*Zod goes to Smallville to "brutalize" Martha Kent in order to lure Superman out into the open. This is when Superman, Zod and Faora have their fight in Smallville. However, because "Supermanís existence is still a mystery to most of the world," the military assumes he's potentially hostile and they opens up on him, deciding to "shoot first and sort the good from the bad later." It's after this battle that Superman, realizing he needs to reassure everybody that he's on their side, willingly surrenders to the military.

*As for why the military are allowing a civilian reporter like Lois Lane in the interrogation room with Superman? Well, the piece theorizes that, because Lois has been the one following and reporting Clark's secret exploits, she's the closest thing they have to an "expert" on him at this point.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #273
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Other potential spoilers, courtesy of Cosmic Book News:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
*"Kal-El's ship is its own entity." and Lois finds it during her quest to find him.

*The voiceover of [Lois] in the trailer is the montage from the end of the movie with the final word being "Superman" (It's very similar to how The Dark Knight ended).

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Last edited by stillanerd; 04-18-2013 at 03:12 PM.
stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #274
JaD
Thriller Night

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but I'm getting the feeling that this comes from him rushing to Smallville after Zod parks in front of the Kent's home.

He does seem a bit emotional during this flight.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #275
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but I'm getting the feeling that this comes from him rushing to Smallville after Zod parks in front of the Kent's home.

He does seem a bit emotional during this flight.
Yeah definitely

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote