Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #301
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
I'm glad they didn't have him flying in that boring arms-to-the-side Matrix style that they always used on Smallville whenever anyone flew.
So much agree, I love dynamic poses and movement of Superman flying, it's a huge part of the character I'd say even.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #302
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Henry Cavill in a kind of parody of Red Riding Hood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCSBLkKwSvo

lol

Old 05-01-2013, 05:57 AM   #303
SuperWig
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-El View Post
That is one of the most realistic and coolest shots of Superman flying I have seen to date......
Could not agree more! This is going to sound so dorky. But if and when I have flying dreams, I always look down and see my shadow hitting off the ground. This is one of my favorite shots of the trailer

Old 05-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #304
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWig View Post
Could not agree more! This is going to sound so dorky. But if and when I have flying dreams, I always look down and see my shadow hitting off the ground. This is one of my favorite shots of the trailer
I fly a lot in my dreams. Controlled flying too, since I was a kid.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 05-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #305
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I fly a lot in my dreams. Controlled flying too, since I was a kid.
Aw man I wish I could. Although I do often fly in my dreams, I quickly become concious of it, and once I try to actually control it, I end up sputtering and falling back to the ground. Maybe after watching MoS I'll have it mastered

Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #306
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Aw man I wish I could. Although I do often fly in my dreams, I quickly become concious of it, and once I try to actually control it, I end up sputtering and falling back to the ground. Maybe after watching MoS I'll have it mastered
I wish it for you because it's amazing! Once I "wake up" in my dreams and realize I can do what ever I want... I take Off. I've flown everywhere. From Japan to Mars (Yes Mars) Straight out of our atmosphere and pass the Moon. And it feels so REAL.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #307
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wish it for you because it's amazing! Once I "wake up" in my dreams and realize I can do what ever I want... I take Off. I've flown everywhere. From Japan to Mars (Yes Mars) Straight out of our atmosphere and pass the Moon. And it feels so REAL.
I tell my girlfriend that and she says" figures of all the dreams that you realize your dreaming, and you can do anything...you pick flying" lol......I thought I was the only one who did that, but my dreams end so quickly once I do realize I'm dreaming though...

Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #308
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
I tell my girlfriend that and she says" figures of all the dreams that you realize your dreaming, and you can do anything...you pick flying" lol......I thought I was the only one who did that, but my dreams end so quickly once I do realize I'm dreaming though...
Lol It's the most freeing feeling. Sometimes when I "wake up" in my dream it ends quickly too. But other times it feels like days... Nothing else like it.

Last edited by The Shield; 05-01-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #309
The Shield
It's really Happening!

When I learned that your heart beat slows down when you sleep I figured that we get excited and thus increasing our heart rate and waking us up, I've tried to stay calm when I realize I have control.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #310
Shazam
Side-Kick

For some reason my thread was moved to some unknown place on these boards...

I posed a question about Clark Kent.....

From what they have let us see, there has been no Clark Kent with the glasses or suit.....the reporter. We see him walking the earth like David Carridine.....so did he even have time for college?

Do you think they will bring that into play as they release more footage?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #311
elgaz
Side-Kick

I doubt it, I've a feeling that this Clark Kent will have studied at the university of life.

It's an interesting point, as without qualifications he may struggle to get a job like he normally does at the Daily Planet. But then again his amazing articles and stories on Superman and the like may bag him the job.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #312
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
I doubt it, I've a feeling that this Clark Kent will have studied at the university of life.

It's an interesting point, as without qualifications he may struggle to get a job like he normally does at the Daily Planet. But then again his amazing articles and stories on Superman and the like may bag him the job.
That's my point....with no college degree, how do you get that gig?

But I guess we dont really know how old the bearded wandering Clark is do we? If he's 24 to 27 years old, he could have graduated already and just decided to go "find himself" after college? He doesn't need a job really...no need to eat or sleep.....

Just thoughts.....cant wait for this movie.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #313
The Watchman
Balls McGee

I'd guess he completed his degree at Phoenix online while fishing up there in Alaska and whatnot...

I just blue myself
Old 05-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #314
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
That's my point....with no college degree, how do you get that gig?

But I guess we dont really know how old the bearded wandering Clark is do we? If he's 24 to 27 years old, he could have graduated already and just decided to go "find himself" after college? He doesn't need a job really...no need to eat or sleep.....

Just thoughts.....cant wait for this movie.
In the real world it would be hard to get that gig alright. But this is perhaps a little too much realism for the film and might be something they'll just ignore, choosing instead to have Daily Planet staff be impressed enough by his work to offer him a job based on that alone.

Then again, the photo of a young Clark and Jonathan (showing him winning the science fair) does hint at some kind of academic skill, so who knows.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #315
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

Photographic memory or something may come into play, I don't know. He just ramps his skill level up just enough to be passable for a reporter position.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #316
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Lol I don't know if this conversation is headed there but it appears ( and this is normal for non readers) that some people think Superman is an avg thinker. He is not avg and is quite smart. Very smart as a matter of fact. He's not some dumb brute. Which is one of the many running misunderstandings about the character.

Many team ups leave this out because once again it makes him too powerful leaving the other characters irrelevant. But yeah...

Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #317
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:

I think the University of Kansas shirt Clark is wearing during the tornado scene suggests otherwise. I don't think he will drop out because of Jonathan's death. As others have mentioned, we have seen photos of Pa Kent proudly posing with young Clark after he wins the science fair. It seems that Jonathan really encourages Clark in that area. To me, it would seem disrespectful of Jonathan's memory for Clark to drop out of school as a result of his death. That is more of a brooding Bruce Wayne thing as seen in Begins. I think if anything, Clark graduates and doesn't know what to do with his life so he starts travelling - much like young graduates in this modern world where a B.A. doesn't get you a job anymore.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #318
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I think the University of Kansas shirt Clark is wearing during the tornado scene suggests otherwise. I don't think he will drop out because of Jonathan's death. As others have mentioned, we have seen photos of Pa Kent proudly posing with young Clark after he wins the science fair. It seems that Jonathan really encourages Clark in that area. To me, it would seem disrespectful of Jonathan's memory for Clark to drop out of school as a result of his death. That is more of a brooding Bruce Wayne thing as seen in Begins. I think if anything, Clark graduates and doesn't know what to do with his life so he starts travelling - much like young graduates in this modern world where a B.A. doesn't get you a job anymore.
The sad truth.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #319
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Good shout, I totally forgot about that pic and the shirt logo.

And yes, it's a good point you make. You graduate with qualifications, but underneath all that you can still move at superspeed, lift structures and shoot fire from your eyes - what do you do? Selling insurance seems a little under-ambitious ............................ so he goes travelling to try and work out his place in this world.

Quote:
Lol I don't know if this conversation is headed there but it appears ( and this is normal for non readers) that some people think Superman is an avg thinker. He is not avg and is quite smart. Very smart as a matter of fact. He's not some dumb brute. Which is one of the many running misunderstandings about the character.

Many team ups leave this out because once again it makes him too powerful leaving the other characters irrelevant. But yeah...
I've a couple of friends (non-comic fans) who only know the character through the movies, and they wouldn't have thought him dumb - but at the same time, they didn't think of him as very intelligent either. Just average. It's something they never explored much in live media, unlike in the comics where on occasion we've seen him coming up with cures for diseases and such.

Personally I think anyone who can move at superspeed (and thus must have a brain which can process information at that rate) must appear smarter than us. They may not necessarily have a higher IQ, but they can certainly work out things much quicker in their head. We could all do maths if we spent long enough thinking about it - it's the people who can do it quickly who impress.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #320
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Good shout, I totally forgot about that pic and the shirt logo.

And yes, it's a good point you make. You graduate with qualifications, but underneath all that you can still move at superspeed, lift structures and shoot fire from your eyes - what do you do? Selling insurance seems a little under-ambitious ............................ so he goes travelling to try and work out his place in this world.

I've a couple of friends (non-comic fans) who only know the character through the movies, and they wouldn't have thought him dumb - but at the same time, they didn't think of him as very intelligent either. Just average. It's something they never explored much in live media, unlike in the comics where on occasion we've seen him coming up with cures for diseases and such.

Personally I think anyone who can move at superspeed (and thus must have a brain which can process information at that rate) must appear smarter than us. They may not necessarily have a higher IQ, but they can certainly work out things much quicker in their head. We could all do maths if we spent long enough thinking about it - it's the people who can do it quickly who impress.
It's a tease I've heard here and there, calling Supes a dumb brute but avg. thinker seems to be the consensus. For non-readers/followers, that is.

You give a very good point here using his speed for example. I would like that addressed in MOS so that those who are only familiar by brand get to know that side of the character.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #321
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

I don't think I'd even say that Superman/Clark Kent has been portrayed as an average thinker in live-action outside of Smallville. I'd say the Reeve films, Lois & Clark, and even STAS typically portrayed Clark as someone of above average intelligence, an ambitious, university educated professional with considerable knowledge about diverse topics, such as international affairs, business, politics and social sciences in general. Sure, that is not the superhuman intelligence as Superman is typically portrayed as having pre-Crisis, but I'd say it makes him more intelligent that the average person. Frankly, I see the dumb brute criticism as being more characteristic of a nerdy comics fan than an actual average moviegoer.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #322
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
When I learned that your heart beat slows down when you sleep I figured that we get excited and thus increasing our heart rate and waking us up, I've tried to stay calm when I realize I have control.
Well I'll keep this on topic but I gotta say shield....that's awesome lol.....I gotta try that, thanks you inception Guru

Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #323
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Clark is wearing a KU shirt.

so that means either he is/was a student there, or just a big Jayhawks fan!!!

I'd actually prefer if he did go to KU and get a degree in Journalism.

that would make more sense when he gets a job at the Daily Planet later on, given he already has a background in journalism. as opposed to just waltzing in there and landing a job.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #324
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
Quote:
Lol It's the most freeing feeling. Sometimes when I "wake up" in my dream it ends quickly too. But other times it feels like days... Nothing else like it.
It's nice to see you guys talking about this

I've had several dreams the last few weeks about flying. A couple of them early on were Superman related that I put in the dream thread and in here. Here's one I'll put here
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I had another Superman dream last night! Ha, my last one I put in this thread was this one.

So in this one it started out with me… I guess I myself was portraying Christopher Reeve’s Superman and I was in my room when I heard some racket outside and saw headlights racing by pretty quickly. I looked through my blinds and then saw a small van crash into the garage in the house at the end of my street. I immediately whip out the Superman colors and fly down there. What I see is a man stumbling out of the van and leaning on a car hurt, and it was Henry Cavill’s Clark Kent. So it was basically 2 Supermans in this world. I knew that he was a Superman too and I needed to protect his identity.

For some reason though, and this was explained with my thought process in the dream or something, Henry’s Clark wasn’t fully Superman (his body wasn’t ready or something, similar to my last dream) and he had a gash on his forehead that was shining blue. This exposure, I guess to our atmosphere, made his body incredibly cold and you could see his breath and he was getting worse. Apparently, severe injuries before you’re fully transformed into Superman made for a freezing spell on him in my world. I told him I needed to get him out of there before paramedics came to protect his identity and so that he could soon take on his responsibilities.

I picked him up and flew around the city trying to find a safe place to help him recover and flew to the top of a skyscraper. Up there (I think I was like feeding him something) I helped him recuperate and he was in a Superman outfit but there was no S on his chest. Just the yellow plate and over time an S slowly started to fill in with how much better he was doing and recovering. I also joked with him while he was recovering saying "First time?" in regards to putting on the suit and he was able to squeeze out a "Yeah." with a slight smile because he was running on E. At one point though, I had to fly him to another part of the city because the actor Bill Duke (I guess his character was a general of some sort) was searching the building with a partner and while he wasn’t looking for me I couldn’t be seen by him and just barely made it out of the area when he and his partner stepped out of the elevator to the section of the building we were in (which was under construction).

Eventually I found another building, got him back on his feet as he was no longer freezing or injured. And we both ended up back on the ground and it was 2 Clark Kents walking through a building together. It was in a bit of an upbeat new beginning 80's montage type of vibe , we all know Christopher Reeve and his unforgettable charm as Clark and so it was that Clark alongside Henry as I was excited to be able to help this young guy back on his feet to take my place. Pretty cool dream as I got to fly around again Always fun.

I think the sight of those 2 Clarks next to each other was another added plus because it was Christopher-Reeve-Clark circa ‘70s/’80s alongside this new Clark Kent which I don’t know much about yet but still pretty great.
I know that I have been dreaming far more often lately (I've been amazed, ever since the beginning of last year or so I've dreamed every night, with a decent recollection of them every other time) but the dreams of flight are simply amazing. I've had my Spider-Man dreams as well which are just as great, climbing walls and hanging out above the crowd and showing off haha. A few weeks ago I remember having a dream of flying incredibly hard towards the outside of Earth's atmosphere. I think once I got past the clouds it became more of a scary experience but I kept going and I was trying to reach some planet but it was quite frightening because I felt like I wouldn't be able to make it back home since I was flying out in the galaxy in complete darkness. So in that case, I'd prefer to stay in our atmosphere and flying over the countryside and through the clouds

I've written a lot about dreams in the past year or so more than I ever have in my life, and that's because they've been happening far more often lately. I think it's a blessing because some people can't remember any dreams or say they don't have them. I'm unsure how often I've been self aware in them but I hope to practice that in remaining calm to accomplish more and quite frankly, have more fun!

P.S. Speaking of dreams, I had a dream the other night that my PS3 died on me and was making loud disc error noises. I had to text my friend about it like it was a nightmare and that I needed a hug.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #325
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Clark is wearing a KU shirt.

so that means either he is/was a student there, or just a big Jayhawks fan!!!

I'd actually prefer if he did go to KU and get a degree in Journalism.

that would make more sense when he gets a job at the Daily Planet later on, given he already has a background in journalism. as opposed to just waltzing in there and landing a job.
Yeah me too. As someone who actually has a degree in journalism and still can't break into the field (yet!), it really pisses me off when they act like it's the easiest job to walk into in the world.

EDIT: Then again, if I walked in with an exclusive interview with an alien superhero, I guess they'd give me a job too

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Closed Thread