Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 01:22 AM   #176
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - Part 12

If I had to guess... after it opens. They want to save it till then.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #177
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-elrebooted View Post
When are we going to get a pic of Cavill as Clark Kent at The Daily Planet?
I'm curious about this also. Part of me thinks that maybe Clark won't end up working for The Daily Planet until the sequel? I don't know if it's been confirmed or not for this film so forgive me if I'm wrong.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #178
kal-elrebooted
True Superman Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
I'm curious about this also. Part of me thinks that maybe Clark won't end up working for The Daily Planet until the sequel? I don't know if it's been confirmed or not for this film so forgive me if I'm wrong.
I think they are doing it like they did the Superman: Earth One graphic novel

Classic Costume All the Way
Old 04-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #179
godisawesome
Side-Kick

But avoiding the whole Emo-hood boy parallels I hope.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #180
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Well in the comic con trailer we see him walking into the DP, into an elevator and lifting glasses up to put on.

Though I suppose that could be right at the end of the film, and he could be interviewing.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #181
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Well in the comic con trailer we see him walking into the DP, into an elevator and lifting glasses up to put on.

Though I suppose that could be right at the end of the film, and he could be interviewing.
But what about Metropolis Clark's apparent appearance here (See tall white guy with black hair in white shirt and grey trousers and waistcoat in front of the cab and apparently the camera's focus):

To me, this scene seems to throw a big wrench in all of our predictions that Metropolis Clark is not seen until the very end of the film after the main conflict is resolved. The surroundings are very chaotic and everyone seems to be frozen looking up at something. (See Photo thread for more shots)

Old 04-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #182
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
But what about Metropolis Clark's apparent appearance here (See tall white guy with black hair in white shirt and grey trousers and waistcoat in front of the cab and apparently the camera's focus):

To me, this scene seems to throw a big wrench in all of our predictions that Metropolis Clark is not seen until the very end of the film after the main conflict is resolved. The surroundings are very chaotic and everyone seems to be frozen looking up at something. (See Photo thread for more shots)
Ooh nicely remembered, I'd forgotten that shot.

I've been saying for ages that it being the end of the film makes no sense cause I don't get why he'd be walking/cycling around Metropolis without glasses on if he'd already had a big ol showdown in Metropolis with Zod and Co as Superman... Seems logical that he wouldn't be too worried about people seeing his face in a crowd before anyone actually knows who Superman is, but not so once they've seen his face splashed all over the internet/newspapers.

But others disagree, so I digress!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #183
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Why does that mean that's thrown a wrench in seeing Metroplis Clark at the end when we know the final battle takes place on Metroplis?

And on the Clark bike thing I'd say that's him cycling to the DP at the end of the film probably for his interview

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #184
kal-elrebooted
True Superman Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
But avoiding the whole Emo-hood boy parallels I hope.
He wasn't emo, getting sick of people saying that he was emo.

Classic Costume All the Way
Old 04-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #185
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-elrebooted View Post
He wasn't emo, getting sick of people saying that he was emo.
Who they saying was EMO?

Old 04-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #186
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Why does that mean that's thrown a wrench in seeing Metroplis Clark at the end when we know the final battle takes place on Metroplis?

And on the Clark bike thing I'd say that's him cycling to the DP at the end of the film probably for his interview
It breaks the prediction because we have what appears to be Metropolis/Daily Planet Clark (based on height, hair colour, clothing, and fact that he is standing in front of the camera) during a big chaotic crowd scene with other Daily Planet characters (you can clearly see Perry and "Jenny" in the crowd wearing the same clothes that they are wearing when running for their lives in Trailer 2).

Old 04-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #187
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
It breaks the prediction because we have what appears to be Metropolis/Daily Planet Clark (based on height, hair colour, clothing, and fact that he is standing in front of the camera) during a big chaotic crowd scene with other Daily Planet characters (you can clearly see Perry and "Jenny" in the crowd wearing the same clothes that they are wearing when running for their lives in Trailer 2).
Ohh I see I can't see him on there lol

Suppose it wouldn't if it was done like Earth One where he goes there the first time, maybe no one really takes notice of him cause Zod's ship turns up then by the end he brings in a report and then he's hired

Old 04-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #188
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
Ohh I see I can't see him on there lol

Suppose it wouldn't if it was done like Earth One where he goes there the first time, maybe no one really takes notice of him cause Zod's ship turns up then by the end he brings in a report and then he's hired
It's not certain it's Cavll since he is facing away from the camera, but look for the guy in the grey vest and pants with white dress with sleeves rolled up standing next to the taxi. He is in typical Superman pose with his hands on his hips looking up and the camera operator is only a few feet to the right with the camera pointed rightly at the Clark Kent-looking guy.

Last edited by DKDetective; 04-28-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #189
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
It's not certain it's Cavll since he is facing away from the camera, but look for the guy in the grey vest and pants with white dress with sleeves rolled up standing next to the taxi. He is in typical Superman pose with his hands on his hips looking up and the camera operator is only a few feet to the right with the camera pointed rightly at the Clark Kent-looking guy.
Yeah saw him, not sure if it is him but looks likely. Guess time will tell.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #190
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:

But why would he only put the glasses on once inside the elevator? He's just riding around with no disguise on his face at all!

Why does no one ever ask that question but me?

Like I said, he could get away with that before Superman has been publicly seen... but not after, surely?

*\S/T*
Old 04-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #191
Jim-El
"My Son"

Yes, hopeful...That is still the big mystery: Clark's identity.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #192
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-El View Post
Yes, hopeful...That is still the big mystery: Clark's identity.
Yes, and I love that it hasn't been spoiled, we have no idea how that's gonna play out.

The comic con footage of clark putting on the glasses and a jacket at the Daily Planet has left more questions than answers

About that pic on a Metropolis street, I'm not sure that's Cavill. I'm still going by the theory that the film ends with the cc footage or something, maybe we don't even get to see his face with the glasses, just look at the way that scene is filmed, the camera starts focusing on his bag and it lifts upwards as soon as the elevator doors close, it's intentionally avoiding his face with the glasses.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #193
Jim-El
"My Son"

I am thinking Clark's entrance will be at the very end of the movie. Just my humble opinion.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #194
sf2
Side-Kick

If reporter Clark Kent only happens in the end of the movie, does that mean the famous ‘shirt rip-off’ will not be in the movie?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:46 AM   #195
ChickenScratch
Banned User

True, because he never had a shirt till he worked at the newspaper.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #196
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
True, because he never had a shirt till he worked at the newspaper.

H.E.(R?)
Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #197
Project862006
Banned User

Henry telling it like it is!!

During an interview in the next upcoming issue of GQ magazine, they got the chance to catch up with Henry Cavill, who will star as the american icon Superman in the next upcoming Supes film Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder. When asking Cavill about how money plays a part of his job, he went on to state that it's the one of the most essential elements.
Quote:
God, all those people who say, “Oh no, the money doesn't matter.’ Yeah, right. They’re either mad, or they’re lying. I mean, come on. “Oh no, don’t pay me anything, it’s for the arts.” I’m sorry, no. Pay me the money. I’m not doing it for charity. I’m not a nonprofit organisation. Plus it’s expensive flying back and forward to LA. You need a job that pays money.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #198
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
Henry telling it like it is!!

During an interview in the next upcoming issue of GQ magazine, they got the chance to catch up with Henry Cavill, who will star as the american icon Superman in the next upcoming Supes film Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder. When asking Cavill about how money plays a part of his job, he went on to state that it's the one of the most essential elements.
Great to hear some honesty.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #199
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Old 04-29-2013, 02:06 AM   #200
Andreth
Side-Kick

Of course

Even CK needs to pay his bills

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Closed Thread