The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #51
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

I'm a little late to the party, so I'll just say...

I LOVED that trailer. Everything about it.

God I hope this movie is a hit.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 04-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #52
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
The constant DC/Marvel bickering is so annoying. I've never understood why some people believe that if you like one, you have to hate the other. Why is it so hard for people to enjoy both?
I agree. I think that Iron Man 3 looks great and so does Man of Steel.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #53
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
There is no rational explanation. Its one of the dumbest phenomena in the known universe.
Why do children fight over toys?

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 04-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #54
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
The side discussions ripping on the Man of Steel trailer in the Iron Man threads are hilarious.
Seriously? What is wring with some people? Why does everything have to be a versus war.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #55
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

It'd be interesting if we don't actually see the destruction of Krypton.

Think about it, Jor-El and Lara send Kal-El away to protect him, and then when Clark gives Dr. Hamilton the coordinates from the ship that brought him here he discovers that Krypton isn't there.

I was browsing through some New 52 comics in a bookstore one day and there was one panel that I really liked, showing a (I think) Hubble Telescope transmission of Krypton exploding. The scientist Superman was talking to said something to the extent of "For all intents and purposes, this is the day Krypton died."

Something like that in the film would work very well, I think, and keep the focus on Clark and his story.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #56
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Seriously? What is wring with some people? Why does everything have to be a versus war.
Insecurity.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #57
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

If you aren't 16 you shouldn't be getting into versus battles about Marvel and DC. Nothing wrong with perferring one over the other but in a non childish fashion.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #58
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Because the marvel fans are sick of riding b#tch. Cut'em some slack.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 04-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #59
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Does Krypton explode or no in this?

Old 04-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #60
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Haha 16's really not that young. If you don't know better by 16, better be getting a move on or life's gonna be tough!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #61
Octoberist
point blank

I'm sure it does. Even one of their moons is seen crumbling.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #62
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Because war is the province of MEN.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 04-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #63
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
The constant DC/Marvel bickering is so annoying. I've never understood why some people believe that if you like one, you have to hate the other. Why is it so hard for people to enjoy both?
It makes sense to me. It's sports team mentality. Just like you're happy when it breaks BO records, you're happy when it manages to stand above whatever its closest thing to a rival is. It doesn't have to go into agressive territory, but I know I'd have a smirk on my face if MOS beats IM at the BO (impossible, I know).

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #64
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Maybe it's eaten up by that Kryptonian Super-Kraken thingy.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #65
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Pretty sure the answer is yes.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #66
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
wow.

That is such an interesting point, they really could be talking about krypton not earth. I guess being the only one on the planet that has free will as to who they want to be...could be the most dangerous thing. It would also mean that Kal-el is the source of Krypton's doom...possibly foreshadowing Kal-el's presence inciting a similar response on earth. A presence of such a messianic figure on earth would likely cause wars and policial disagreements as well.
Yeah but that could be the great test, before radicalism evolves to an even greater level over many generations like it has on Krypton. I think the key here is portraying Krypton as a world in turmoil...not so much geologically, but ideologically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
I would think maybe Zod would be part of the camp that feels threatened by Kal-el, threatened at what someone with such free will could do to a society like theirs, As Joker would say "upset the established order". and in finding that the child has been sent away, his promise to Jor-el to right what he believes is wrong (aka Kal-el).

Which makes me wonder, why go for him after Krypton is destroyed? Would it be revenge, would he blame Kal-el for Krypton tearing itself apart...all of this would make Zod a far FAR more interesting character than he was in Superman II. Especially if he does feel a bit of guilt in unwittingly destroying Krypton with his monster....using that to destroy earth and kal-el would be the ultimate tipping off point.

Anyway excellent post, I actually really hope you are right, because it would make the film infinitely more exciting than i thought it would be.
Maybe to stop Earth from becoming a free-thinking society, like any fascist would feel.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #67
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I agree. I think that Iron Man 3 looks great and so does Man of Steel.
Yeah, they both look great. And if both of them do well at the box office, it only bodes well for future films from both studios.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #68
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel look equally incredible for what they are trying to accomplish.

But the Man of Steel trailer...ahem TRAILER...is one of the best trailers I've seen in recent years. It's up there with the best.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #69
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Maybe it's eaten up by that Kryptonian Super-Kraken thingy.
I can imagine Zod now...

"I would find it perfectly adequate if you could just go ahead and release the Kryptonian Super-Kraken thingy."

Old 04-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #70
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Haha 16's really not that young. If you don't know better by 16, better be getting a move on or life's gonna be tough!
I was trying to be generous.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #71
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Because the marvel fans are sick of riding b#tch. Cut'em some slack.
don't really get what you're saying tbh

It's not just Marvel fans DC fans do the same.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #72
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

I prefer DC to Marvel and I have no qualms discussing why I think MoS will be better than IM3, this is fine, this is called having an opinion, and creating a dialog. Yet I'm not that douchey to go on an IM3 forum and explicitly state this, that doesn't do anything discourse wise...it only provokes people and serves at the very least to annoy people.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #73
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

BH/HHH, that's one awesome avvy you procured for yourself

Old 04-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #74
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
It makes sense to me. It's sports team mentality. Just like you're happy when it breaks BO records, you're happy when it manages to stand above whatever its closest thing to a rival is. It doesn't have to go into agressive territory, but I know I'd have a smirk on my face if MOS beats IM at the BO (impossible, I know).
Sports teams are competing against each other unlike films released at different times. So it makes sense there as if you do badly but your competition does worse you still win. Why not cheer them to defeat?

Here if you release at a different time it doesn't matter how the other films do to your own success (if anything it's a positive as the GA looks more favourably on the genre as a whole). And from a consumer point of view you just miss out on awesome stuff for no real reason. If it was all in good spirit it'd be fine but it isn't is it?

Old 04-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #75
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

In terms of Marvel vs DC, I always think of this funny meme pic on "Squats vs Deadlifts" being represented by a blonde and a brunette, with the line "You may prefer one over the other, but you'd be retarded not to do both" I can't post it here for obvious reasons, but anyway, my point is that the same thing pretty much applies to comic books and superhero films. Why not enjoy both? Who cares about these stupid wars between fans? Why miss out on so much greatness from both when you have it available? I will never understand the VS thing...

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Closed Thread