The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #76
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
I prefer DC to Marvel and I have no qualms discussing why I think MoS will be better than IM3, this is fine, this is called having an opinion, and creating a dialog. Yet I'm not that douchey to go on an IM3 forum and explicitly state this, that doesn't do anything discourse wise...it only provokes people and serves at the very least to annoy people.

Same here, I like DC better because it's more "mythological"; the only Marvel heroes I've ever taken a liking to were Spider-Man (I was a nerd with a crush on a redhead, sue me ) and Black Panther, probably because of the similarity to Batman in the costume.

As it stands, I will watch any superhero movie as if there are no comic books.

But my top 3:

Batman (because he's Batman)
Spider-Man (relatable)
Superman ("modern god" concept)

Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #77
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

There is something so special to me about the tone, feel and visuals of this trailer and how the material comes together. It feels like no other superhero movie ever really, and it just completely enthralls me from the first second to the last (another winner from Zimmer doesn't hurt either). And it's kinda hard to explain, as it sounds like a paradox; but it's all so magical, larger-than-life and stylish, and yet it feels so damn real, intimate and palpable.

I'm aware of that a big part of the huge impact this trailer has on me is due to my endless love for the core Superman mythos and concept. But still, even when disregarding that, I stand by my actual opinions on all of this so far and how amazing it seems to be.

Last edited by 747; 04-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #78
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
I can imagine Zod now...

"I would find it perfectly adequate if you could just go ahead and release the Kryptonian Super-Kraken thingy."

JeremyJahns reference?

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #79
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
JeremyJahns reference?
That's where I saw it, yeah. Imitating Shannon's Boardwalk Empire character I believe.

Jeremy Jahns IS the Roger Ebert of YouTube movie reviewers, dude just gets it

Old 04-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #80
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
BH/HHH, that's one awesome avvy you procured for yourself
Ha ha I didn't produce it as usual the awesome Kane made it

Also came across this and thought it was kinda funny:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/04/17...steel-trailer/

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #81
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
That's where I saw it, yeah. Imitating Shannon's Boardwalk Empire character I believe.

Jeremy Jahns IS the Roger Ebert of YouTube movie reviewers, dude just gets it
He just did a review on the third trailer as well, and I like how he also predicted that the Lois Lane monologue will be the end of the film. I guess people are keen on the idea.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #82
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
In terms of Marvel vs DC, I always think of this funny meme pic on "Squats vs Deadlifts" being represented by a blonde and a brunette, with the line "You may prefer one over the other, but you'd be retarded not to do both" I can't post it here for obvious reasons, but anyway, my point is that the same thing pretty much applies to comic books and superhero films. Why not enjoy both? Who cares about these stupid wars between fans? Why miss out on so much greatness from both when you have it available? I will never understand the VS thing...
Haha, love that line!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #83
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Animated series I prefer DC to Marvel movie wise it's flipped. I liked Nolan Batman movies to verying degrees and I really liked Watchmen and I like parts of Donner's Superman and Burton's Batfilms but on the whole I'm a Marvel girl when it comes to films. To be fair I've only liked Iron Man and Captain America out of the new Marvel films. The Avengers was fine but forgettable.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #84
Kevin Smith
Banned User

I hope it explodes.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #85
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Oh lord...I'm still thinking of all the stuff that's coming up, international trailers, tv spots, posters, clips, featurettes, interviews, score previews. I went through all this craziness last year with TDKR.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #86
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Rosenbaum was the best from that series.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #87
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Hey, where are the posters?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #88
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
there is something so special to me about the tone, feel and visuals of this trailer and how the material comes together. It feels like no other superhero movie ever really, and it just completely enthralls me from the first second to the last (another winner from zimmer doesn't hurt either). And it's kinda hard to explain, as it sounds like a paradox; but it's all so magical, larger-than-life and stylish, and yet it feels so damn real, intimate and palpable.

I'm aware of that a big part of the huge impact this trailer has on me is due to my endless love for the core superman mythos and concept. But still, even when disregarding that, i stand by my actual opinions on all of this so far and how amazing it seems to be.
yep!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #89
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
don't really get what you're saying tbh

It's not just Marvel fans DC fans do the same.
Just kiddin'.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 04-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #90
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Ha ha I didn't produce it as usual the awesome Kane made it

Also came across this and thought it was kinda funny:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/04/17...steel-trailer/
I said PROCURE Kane makes all the Hype gifs.

It's still awesome though.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #91
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

All I have to say is Tom Welling who?

Old 04-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #92
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
He just did a review on the third trailer as well, and I like how he also predicted that the Lois Lane monologue will be the end of the film. I guess people are keen on the idea.
He also said, and I quote:

Quote:
"This is a super trailer of super Superman of a super man who's a man who's also super from Krypton who is Superman. Of Supermanisms."

Old 04-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #93
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
The trailer in Latin American Spanish, for the curious ones. I think Superman's voice sounds amazing, I was fearing they were gonna get the same one from SR, which sounded a bit too "old and mature" for my taste.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I wasn't sure if I should reply in english or spanish lol, but anyway...I think it's kinda funny that they re-recorded jor-el's speech for this trailer instead of using his lines from the teaser like they did on the english trailer...

oh and thx for posting this!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #94
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Hey, where are the posters?
No idea. I figured we'd be getting them soon.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #95
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
All I have to say is Tom Welling who?
Which the world has been saying for over ten years.

If it's ever brought up.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #96
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Just watched the trailer for the first time in 1080 on a HDTV. I can't believe how much I love the cinematography in it.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #97
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Sports teams are competing against each other unlike films released at different times. So it makes sense there as if you do badly but your competition does worse you still win. Why not cheer them to defeat?

Here if you release at a different time it doesn't matter how the other films do to your own success (if anything it's a positive as the GA looks more favourably on the genre as a whole). And from a consumer point of view you just miss out on awesome stuff for no real reason. If it was all in good spirit it'd be fine but it isn't is it?
True... most of the time it isn't, but I try to be the exception. That's what emoticons are for!

Ex: MOS > IM 3

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #98
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
No idea. I figured we'd be getting them soon.
They usually release posters with the trailer.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #99
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Which the world has been saying for over ten years.

If it's ever brought up.
You stole my post

Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #100
X Knight
Saber Class

yes, we really do need some new posters, so all the news outlets will stop using that stupid handcuff one whenever they report something MOS related.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Closed Thread