The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #101
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Plus I need an awesome Supes poster to hang on my wall and that handcuff one isn't going to cut it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #102
batman1115
Side-Kick
 
batman1115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 809
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

what is everyone's thoughts on the clark kent identity? I mean Lois will probably be smarter than the Lois characters before her. will she help him keep his identity a secret as clark? i can't imagine there won't be a grounding to his secret identity.

batman1115 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #103
Bren
Forevernoob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,686
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Out of the two (MOS/IM3), I want the movie with the flying dude, to succeed the most..........................................

*cough*

__________________
Does odd things at random times.
Bren is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #104
Dark Sentinel
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 865 Peppling Ave., Pettsburg, Gotham City
Posts: 6,998
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1115 View Post
what is everyone's thoughts on the clark kent identity? I mean Lois will probably be smarter than the Lois characters before her. will she help him keep his identity a secret as clark? i can't imagine there won't be a grounding to his secret identity.
It's speculated that Lois is actually the one who comes up with the idea for Clark to disguise himself. I did see a bootlegged ComicCon trailer, and one of the last scenes in it was Clark (in that plaid shirt and tie ) in an elevator unfolding glasses and putting them on.

Just saying, I think it'd be a great development for the Lois character.

Dark Sentinel is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #105
X Knight
Saber Class
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,582
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

so, since Clark is wearing a KU shirt ( in the tornado rescue scene ), should we assume then that Clark went to KU as a student?

I hope so, and that he studied journalism. Perhaps since he was encouraged by the Kents to hide his powers, Clark was drawn to journalism as a way to help society without using his physical powers.

Also, I've always found it a nice "coincidence" that the KU colors ( Red, Blue, and unofficially Yellow ) match Superman's colors.

perhaps Clark was always subconsciously drawn to those colors.......lol

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #106
batman1115
Side-Kick
 
batman1115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 809
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
It's speculated that Lois is actually the one who comes up with the idea for Clark to disguise himself. I did see a bootlegged ComicCon trailer, and one of the last scenes in it was Clark (in that plaid shirt and tie ) in an elevator unfolding glasses and putting them on.

Just saying, I think it'd be a great development for the Lois character.

That would be cool and different. She will be his Alfred. LOL.

batman1115 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #107
TheBourneSuper
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: London
Posts: 21
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Hi Guys,

New to this board and like all of you, amazingly excited for what feels like a new era in our favourite hero. I know quite a bit about Superman but I'm a bit sketchy on a few details so if one of you doesn't mind answering these few questions, be greatly appreciated

1) I am assuming Kryptonians are aware of what their powers become under a yellow sun, hence Crowe saying "he will be a god amongst them". So do you lot reckon this will be his only advantage over General Zod? I hope the movie portrays Zod using his military experience when fighting Superman, but due to the fact that Superman has been exposed to the yellow sun more, I'm assuming this will be the way Superman overpowers him.

2) What would your ideal ending be to set up a sequel? I for one do not wish to go down the Lex Luthor path because I feel we will be taking a step back to Superman Returns. I want Lex Luthor to have a background role like president etc but I feel that Superman needs stronger foes time after time.

My ideal set up would be some sort of hint to Batman and other superheroes, maybe a line like "You know there is another caped guy in Gotham" or something like that. I believe audiences will go nuts for that.


Anyways, can't wait to book my London IMAX ticket

TheBourneSuper is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #108
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Hey, The Bourne Super, welcome to SHH!

1) I think they do know. Maybe because of the alien spacecraft or station in Antarctica (which becomes the Fortress).

2) I want hints both of Luthor and Brainiac in this one. I'd rather not hear any lines about other superheroes though, those seem cheesy to me.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #109
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave
 
Sharkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,127
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBourneSuper View Post
Hi Guys,

New to this board and like all of you, amazingly excited for what feels like a new era in our favourite hero. I know quite a bit about Superman but I'm a bit sketchy on a few details so if one of you doesn't mind answering these few questions, be greatly appreciated

1) I am assuming Kryptonians are aware of what their powers become under a yellow sun, hence Crowe saying "he will be a god amongst them". So do you lot reckon this will be his only advantage over General Zod? I hope the movie portrays Zod using his military experience when fighting Superman, but due to the fact that Superman has been exposed to the yellow sun more, I'm assuming this will be the way Superman overpowers him.

2) What would your ideal ending be to set up a sequel? I for one do not wish to go down the Lex Luthor path because I feel we will be taking a step back to Superman Returns. I want Lex Luthor to have a background role like president etc but I feel that Superman needs stronger foes time after time.

My ideal set up would be some sort of hint to Batman and other superheroes, maybe a line like "You know there is another caped guy in Gotham" or something like that. I believe audiences will go nuts for that.


Anyways, can't wait to book my London IMAX ticket

I would have Brainiac and Lex Luthor in the second film, with Lex being more of a secondary villain and Brainiac being the main. Then for the third film I'd have Doomsday being the physical threat and Lex being the main mental threat.

This way you still give Lex the importance that he deserves without missing out on two major superman villains.

__________________
1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #110
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,895
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so, since Clark is wearing a KU shirt ( in the tornado rescue scene ), should we assume then that Clark went to KU as a student?

I hope so, and that he studied journalism. Perhaps since he was encouraged by the Kents to hide his powers, Clark was drawn to journalism as a way to help society without using his physical powers.

Also, I've always found it a nice "coincidence" that the KU colors ( Red, Blue, and unofficially Yellow ) match Superman's colors.

perhaps Clark was always subconsciously drawn to those colors.......lol
Perhaps.

I still wonder if we're going to see the Clark Kent identity sort of done away with in this movie, the way Thor did with Donald Blake. It looks like they've done a bang-up job of introducing Superman and Kryptonian technology in a "real world" setting. But the one really tough hurdle to get over is the whole Clark Kent glasses thing. Especially since we see Clark running around Smallville, Alaska and other places with no disguise and saving people. When Superman shows up, it just seems like people would instantly recognize him, even if he did start disguising his Clark persona with glasses at that point (and we suspend disbelief enough to accept that somehow hides his identity).

I don't know,what do you guys think about this? Might there cease to be a "Clark" once Superman makes his debut?

__________________
YOBOGOYA!!!!!!!
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #111
X Knight
Saber Class
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,582
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBourneSuper View Post
Hi Guys,

New to this board and like all of you, amazingly excited for what feels like a new era in our favourite hero. I know quite a bit about Superman but I'm a bit sketchy on a few details so if one of you doesn't mind answering these few questions, be greatly appreciated

1) I am assuming Kryptonians are aware of what their powers become under a yellow sun, hence Crowe saying "he will be a god amongst them". So do you lot reckon this will be his only advantage over General Zod? I hope the movie portrays Zod using his military experience when fighting Superman, but due to the fact that Superman has been exposed to the yellow sun more, I'm assuming this will be the way Superman overpowers him.

2) What would your ideal ending be to set up a sequel? I for one do not wish to go down the Lex Luthor path because I feel we will be taking a step back to Superman Returns. I want Lex Luthor to have a background role like president etc but I feel that Superman needs stronger foes time after time.

My ideal set up would be some sort of hint to Batman and other superheroes, maybe a line like "You know there is another caped guy in Gotham" or something like that. I believe audiences will go nuts for that.


Anyways, can't wait to book my London IMAX ticket
Welcome to the Hype!!

Superman may be more powerful than Zod and co., but Zod and Faora are trained warriors. So I'm sure their martial experience will come into play.

Lex doesn't need to be the sole villain, but he does need to be an important role. I can see Lex creating Metallo or teaming up with Braniac.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #112
TheBourneSuper
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: London
Posts: 21
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Hey ThePhantasm, thanks for the welcome!

I think Brainiac would be awesome. Are you in favour of a JL movie?

TheBourneSuper is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #113
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,895
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Hey, The Bourne Super, welcome to SHH!

1) I think they do know. Maybe because of the alien spacecraft or station in Antarctica (which becomes the Fortress).

2) I want hints both of Luthor and Brainiac in this one. I'd rather not hear any lines about other superheroes though, those seem cheesy to me.

Yeah, I kind of agree with that one. As much as I want to see a shared DC universe, let's keep make Superman the only hero in this installment. That way it establishes that he's special.

__________________
YOBOGOYA!!!!!!!
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #114
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,010
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Out of the two (MOS/IM3), I want the movie with the flying dude, to succeed the most..........................................

*cough*
I see what you did there.

Welcome TheBourneSuper. Hope you have fun on Hype.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #115
X Knight
Saber Class
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,582
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Perhaps.

I still wonder if we're going to see the Clark Kent identity sort of done away with in this movie, the way Thor did with Donald Blake. It looks like they've done a bang-up job of introducing Superman and Kryptonian technology in a "real world" setting. But the one really tough hurdle to get over is the whole Clark Kent glasses thing. Especially since we see Clark running around Smallville, Alaska and other places with no disguise and saving people. When Superman shows up, it just seems like people would instantly recognize him, even if he did start disguising his Clark persona with glasses at that point (and we suspend disbelief enough to accept that somehow hides his identity).

I don't know,what do you guys think about this? Might there cease to be a "Clark" once Superman makes his debut?
well, we do know that there will be a scene where Clark puts glasses on.

so I still think there will be a Clark identity.

That being said, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the town of Smallville will know his identity.

It's kind of obvious when Zod shows up at the Kent farm looking for Superman........

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #116
jthom19802
Side-Kick
 
jthom19802's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 716
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Nevermind...

jthom19802 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #117
Isearch4dope
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 223
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Trailer is Solid minus the extremely fast cuts of action lol (they're really saving every set piece for the film eh..fine).....but I'm really looking forward to the feel of the movie and how well it will hold my interest but so far it seems it will....now for the painful wait until June 14

Isearch4dope is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #118
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,895
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
well, we do know that there will be a scene where Clark puts glasses on.

so I still think there will be a Clark identity.

That being said, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the town of Smallville will know his identity.

It's kind of obvious when Zod shows up at the Kent farm looking for Superman........
Hmmm...

Well, yes, I know there is that scene of Clark putting the glasses on as he enters the Daily Planet elevator. But that might occur before Superman has his big reveal.

However, that would be an interesting route to take; having a whole slew of people in Smallville know his identity but no one says anything because its a town full of good people and they want to keep his secret.

Unfortunately, that's not realistic either because I've never lived in a small town that wasn't chock-full of a**holes, and believe me I've moved around a lot.

__________________
YOBOGOYA!!!!!!!
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #119
TheBourneSuper
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: London
Posts: 21
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Thanks to all for the welcome.

The reason why I think this movie will be so special is because they are grounding as much as they can in reality. I remember reading I think Snyder saying how it's going to portray what we will be like once we find out we aren't alone, how we will react to Superman; this demi-god like person.

As a fan, I would love for Superman to face people like Doomsday, Brainiac etc but I have a feeling WB wants the success that the Batman trilogy had, which we know it was so successful because it had sort of a realism to it. But there is only so much realism you can put in Superman's universe.

What I am trying to say is that I hope this movie kicks off a really successful amazing franchise. The only worry I have is that the none-comic book fans, they might get alienated (pun? :P) by characters such as Brainiac, Doomsday, Bizzaro etc. So I really hope those clever writers bring these powerful foes to the screen but not in some cheesy manner.

TheBourneSuper is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #120
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
He just did a review on the third trailer as well, and I like how he also predicted that the Lois Lane monologue will be the end of the film. I guess people are keen on the idea.
That guy is hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Just kiddin'.
Oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
I said PROCURE Kane makes all the Hype gifs.

It's still awesome though.
Ha ha sorry very tired these evening

I just took it lol

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #121
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,307
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
I can imagine Zod now...

"I would find it perfectly adequate if you could just go ahead and release the Kryptonian Super-Kraken thingy."



http://www.indiewire.com/article/ind...on-is-adorable

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #122
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,287
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
In terms of Marvel vs DC, I always think of this funny meme pic on "Squats vs Deadlifts" being represented by a blonde and a brunette, with the line "You may prefer one over the other, but you'd be retarded not to do both" I can't post it here for obvious reasons, but anyway, my point is that the same thing pretty much applies to comic books and superhero films. Why not enjoy both? Who cares about these stupid wars between fans? Why miss out on so much greatness from both when you have it available? I will never understand the VS thing...
haha, great analogy and so true.

Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #123
Dark Sentinel
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 865 Peppling Ave., Pettsburg, Gotham City
Posts: 6,998
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBourneSuper View Post
Hi Guys,

New to this board and like all of you, amazingly excited for what feels like a new era in our favourite hero. I know quite a bit about Superman but I'm a bit sketchy on a few details so if one of you doesn't mind answering these few questions, be greatly appreciated

1) I am assuming Kryptonians are aware of what their powers become under a yellow sun, hence Crowe saying "he will be a god amongst them". So do you lot reckon this will be his only advantage over General Zod? I hope the movie portrays Zod using his military experience when fighting Superman, but due to the fact that Superman has been exposed to the yellow sun more, I'm assuming this will be the way Superman overpowers him.

2) What would your ideal ending be to set up a sequel? I for one do not wish to go down the Lex Luthor path because I feel we will be taking a step back to Superman Returns. I want Lex Luthor to have a background role like president etc but I feel that Superman needs stronger foes time after time.

My ideal set up would be some sort of hint to Batman and other superheroes, maybe a line like "You know there is another caped guy in Gotham" or something like that. I believe audiences will go nuts for that.


Anyways, can't wait to book my London IMAX ticket
Welcome, welcome Mr. Bourne

As for Jor-El's "He'll be a god to them" line, I heard a while back of a casting side that mentioned Jor-El finding something called "the Codex." My theory is, if in MOS Krypton has forbidden spaceflight and exploration, the Codex is an ancient Kryptonian astronautical account, where the astronauts crash-landed on a planet with a yellow sun (could be Earth, could be a different planet) and it's there that they discover enhanced abilities, which prompts Jor-El to search for a similar planet for his son.

As for a good "ending," I think Clark showing up for his first day at the Daily Planet, forgetting his glasses and hurriedly putting them on, much to Lois's chagrin would be a nice way to end it. Like Casino Royale ending with Bond's iconic "The name's Bond. James Bond." line

Again, welcome to the Hype!

Dark Sentinel is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #124
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bespin
Posts: 16,703
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

I would not mind a Metallo/Lex for the sequel. Then for sure eventually and I'd prefer for the third you gotta have Brainiac.

__________________
"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #125
TheBourneSuper
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: London
Posts: 21
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Welcome, welcome Mr. Bourne

As for Jor-El's "He'll be a god to them" line, I heard a while back of a casting side that mentioned Jor-El finding something called "the Codex." My theory is, if in MOS Krypton has forbidden spaceflight and exploration, the Codex is an ancient Kryptonian astronautical account, where the astronauts crash-landed on a planet with a yellow sun (could be Earth, could be a different planet) and it's there that they discover enhanced abilities, which prompts Jor-El to search for a similar planet for his son.
I really like that idea a lot actually

TheBourneSuper is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.