Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #251
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Including Electro himself.

So.... your point was? Because either way, it's a dumb joke to justify ones dislike over this.
and Ultimate Electro looks generic... the ultimate comics were the worse thing to happen to the MU imo.... (next to joe quesada) thank god majority of the ult line has dwindled down to next to nothing

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #252
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It's a better joke than saying a yellow Electro would be a Simpsons character
yeah...

i think if you told that joke to a group of people you may... just maybe... get 1 laugh out of it if you're lucky

[=]
Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #253
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
Soooo... do you think we'll get something interesting from Marc today?
Probably not.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #254
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
No. Not really. That's like saying getting hit by a car and breaking your arm is better than getting hit by a car and breaking your leg. You are still getting hit by a car, and in this case, you are still making a stupid, childish, and reaching joke/reference as an excuse justify not liking something.
hate to break it to you... but anyone or anything that has blue on their face... is going to probably at some point get a smurf reference... weather it's being all blue, or just the mouth looking like you just ate one. Get pissed off at the joke all you want.. but MOST people would make the reference. And you better buckle down and prepare for an avalanche.. because the smurf references are just starting. Wait till the film becomes more public

[=]
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #255
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
and Ultimate Electro looks generic... the ultimate comics were the worse thing to happen to the MU imo.... (next to joe quesada) thank god majority of the ult line has dwindled down to next to nothing
Maybe but either way, he is still, look wise, better than 616 Electro

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #256
WesMan
Banned User

Quote:
hate to break it to you... but anyone or anything that has blue on their face... is going to probably at some point get a smurf reference... weather it's being all blue, or just the mouth looking like you just ate one. Get pissed off at the joke all you want.. but MOST people would make the reference. And you better buckle down and prepare for an avalanche.. because the smurf references are just starting. Wait till the film becomes more public
So you're admitting that you have an unoriginal sense of humor, and then admitting that you think he's going to look exactly like the set pics on-screen? Pfft lol.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #257
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
i strongly disagree... 616's is ridiculous, but lose the mask and it's still pretty solid. Blue Electro looks like a U-foe. which is pretty damn generic

[=]
Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #258
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesMan View Post
So you're admitting that you have an unoriginal sense of humor, and then admitting that you think he's going to look exactly like the set pics on-screen? Pfft lol.
Exactly.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #259
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Including Electro himself.

So.... your point was? Because either way, it's a dumb joke to justify ones dislike over this.
Agreed.If that was the case,why don't we turn NightCrawler red and Dr.Manhatten yellow because I bet you there are thousand other blue characters out there.

Quote:
No. Not really. That's like saying getting hit by a car and breaking your arm is better than getting hit by a car and breaking your leg. You are still getting hit by a car, and in this case, you are still making a stupid, childish, and reaching joke/reference as an excuse justify not liking something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesMan View Post
Am I seeing WesMan putting a post in which he doesn't troll?

Quote:
Agreed.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #260
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Quote:
i strongly disagree... 616's is ridiculous, but lose the mask and it's still pretty solid. Blue Electro looks like a U-foe. which is pretty damn generic
You keep saying he looks "generic". Please explain. I don't understand this. There may be a few similar looking characters, some even with similar power sets, but he is, for the most part, unique

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #261
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Id wager that the civilian characters and the personal relationships are more realistic in webbs movies but that's nothing to do with being grounded. Its just better acting and writing. It speaks nothing about the fantastical elements of the films.
Can you explain the difference between 'realistic' and 'grounded?'

Old 04-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #262
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
"Realistic" is something that is, well realistic. Something that is nearly 100% plausible. Which, IMO, no superhero film thus far can call themselves.

"Grounded" is something that has unrealistic things but does it in a very serious manner. The Dark Knight is grounded while Adam West Batman isn't grounded. It's not realistic, but it's not too crazy either. It takes it self seriously, doesn't go to far with it's content, has a deep/dark tone, etc.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #263
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Hey everybody, on the North Jersey Craigs List, there's a posting for a casting company working on TASM 2

first, does the movie even film in Jersey?
second, whaddaya think, is it BS or legit??

If it's real, I figured any locals on here might be interested

Old 04-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #264
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Do you have a link to it?

Old 04-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #265
BoredGuy
Killing Time

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/tfr/3753524886.html

Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #266
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Today, I agree with your username.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #267
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
Soooo... do you think we'll get something interesting from Marc today?
I'll have to say no. It's been bland pics for a while. And he didn't post yesterday? =O!! Haha. I honestly lost count of what day it REALLY is.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #268
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

He didn't post yesterday OR Monday.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #269
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
That post is BS. Anyone actually working on the film would know that Spider-Man is hyphenated.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #270
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
He didn't post yesterday OR Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
That post is BS. Anyone actually working on the film would know that Spider-Man is hyphenated.
True on both of these. The hyphen is a bit of a pet peeve but whatever. I think that Craigslist post is BS too.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #271
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I honestly doubt Sony would resort to Craigslist for casting extras.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #272
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Jamie Foxx Says To Watch Out For Dane DeHaan

Old 04-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #273
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Ha cool. I wonder..

Old 04-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #274
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
You keep saying he looks "generic". Please explain. I don't understand this. There may be a few similar looking characters, some even with similar power sets, but he is, for the most part, unique
Because this apparently needs reposted...

"there's hundreds of concepts for many movies... but their pick doesn't always mean it was the best one imo... Look at Raimi's movies for instance... there are two concept pieces for the goblin (one being the animatronic head) and the other being this much more sinister concept art of an armored goblin that actually utilized the color purple as well that were FAR better than what we got.

Also... for spider-man 3 they even made a spider-man/venom suit with the comic book white spider but decided against it...

The problem with blue, is that it's always "safe". Anyone who has ever been in art school is taught right away in their color theory class that "Blue" is the worlds most liked color. It's why jeans are blue, it's why most people love blue eyes on people... etc... there's something about the color that everyone just loves. (yes it's not everyone's favorite color, but it is the majority's).

it's such an easy safe choice to go with that it's really not shocking they went with it at all... and im neither shocked that many people like the look too... but to me, i like things to stand out. Do any of you watch "Face/Off" on sci fi? and actually listen to the critiques? They never want you to do something that's been done before, and if you do, do it FAR better to the point where it feels new again. And that you shouldn't have to rely on CGI to sell your creation.

we've seen this near exact looks many many times.. Dr. Manhattan, Mr. Freeze, Avatar, Abe Sapien, Mystique, Beast (though obviously the most different), etc...

I just think this was a great chance to do something different, and thus more iconic"

there's no question that Electro's most iconic look is a green and yellow suit. thus those colors have always been (mostly) associated with him in his over all appearance in his 50 year comic history. Yes, he's worn a blue suit in the 616 universe once (for a very brief amount of time because they actually managed to make it look more ridiculous than his original 616 look) I'm a firm believer in keeping the spirit of comic book characters as faithful to the 616 universe as possible and keep the "vibe" of their appearance as well. It doesn't need to be the exact same costume, but you can give a really great nod to it with a modern design (See Hawkeye for example). Yes, the ultimate universe did a good job with some situations in modernizing characters, but in others they clearly just went a different route just to shake things up and be different. I personally can't stand the ultimate comics as a whole, i think some aspects of the modernization of the times (like peter working at the bugle as a web programmer) is pretty great.. but most everything else? Venom, life force sucking Carnage, Hulk-Goblin, Harry as the hobgoblin, Blue human lightening bolt electro, Iguana-Chameleon -lizard, all horrrrrrible. And i hate expanding it into the movie-verse because it's only a decade old, and a continuisly dwindling franchise. hardly iconic or defining of the history of spider-man. We get very few of these movies... lets get the "real" story told first...

Blue electro is incredibly generic as i've stated above because there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many blue characters already made.. "ooooh but he shoot's electricity" so what? his entire look has all been done before. This isn't Doc Ock where it's going to just WOW the audience showing us something really cool and really new (now he was a great design). this is just run of the mill to me.

Blue Electro in the comics is also incredibly generic... if you saw him in a line up with the rest of the U-foes he'd fit in perfectly. And they're right up their with being the most generic villains in comics. Super Heroes, and Supervillains I feel are always suppose to be recognizable for who they are... and blue electro isn't very recognizable out of a very tiny minority who followed Ultimate Spider-man all this time. he has a 10 year history vs the 616's 50 years... it's not even a question which look is more iconic. That being said... the 616 (mask) not suit. is pretty dang cheesy and i wouldn't want a literal translation, but like i mentioned before, there's ways of throwing nods to it (like hawkeye) make electro yellow (or keep his skin tone and give him some yellow embellishes and use his electricity to form minute details that resemble the classic costume.

[=]
Old 04-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #275
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
there isn't a difference.... i was using those words interchangeably. which they are....

this doesn't necessarily pertain to you.. but sometimes id.....
ugh i feel like im talking to 12 year olds sometimes.... (ironically i feel that's why so many choose not to put their ages on here in fear of invalidation)

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 04-19-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Closed Thread