Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #951
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
You get done telling me how my "flaws" about the design or merely opinionated (sp?), and then you go on to list your own opinions about why the costume is so great as a counter argument. Nice. The eyes are more "emotive"? "Stylized"? Is that a fact? lol.

btw. the TASM2 costume also swipes the very unique brick pattern from the Raimi costume. That along with raised webbing are two HUGE swipes. It's like if you're copying off of someone else's test and you get caught, but use the excuse that you only copied two answers.
Not everything I said was opinionated, the eyes aspect yes, but they do give the sense that this movie might be more in line
with something like Spectacular Spider-Man, something more comic booky. Not necessarily to
the point of Raimi's, but more open I suppose. The brick pattern isn't even a big deal, considering the only times you'd see it is if the camera is zoomed in very tight and there's a certain amount of light hitting the costume. TASM1's spider design was basically Raimi's
spider with longer legs. Considering how much more of a positive reaction this suit has had all over the Internet compared
to the last suit, it seems to have been the best decision. Maybe not to YOU, because nothing is liked by everyone, but it has a majority of positive reactions.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #952
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
ONE OF US... ONE OF US...
"I wanna kill... everyone... satan is good... satan is our pal"

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #953
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
He could still have been gangly in this film.
He still is. Look at his arms. There isn't a muscle suit or anything underneath there, that's why it isn't skin tight and wrinkles a bit. TASM1's suit did the exact same thing.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #954
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
He still is. Look at his arms. There isn't a muscle suit or anything underneath there, that's why it isn't skin tight and wrinkles a bit. TASM1's suit did the exact same thing.
I need to see better angled pics. Currently, I see him looking much thicker (torso) than he did in the TASM set pics.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #955
mayo23
Side-Kick

Well for one, Andrew and presumably his stunt double beefed up a bit more for this one. Also, the addition of the full belt, regardless of how thin or thick it is will make him look less lean.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #956
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
lol "our kind"
Come on, man. Don't be ashamed! EQUAL RIGHTS FOR BELLYACHERS!!!

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #957
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLPAtitoyUPI View Post
Also, dat crotch. It's still painted black for what I see (or maybe its the leg's shadow). But damn, heterosexually speaking, that's a big underpants size, if you know what I mean hahahaha
They have to do that any time Emma Stone is on set..

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #958
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
GOOGLE GOGGLE. GOOGLE GOGGLE.

ONE OF US... ONE OF US...

For the love of god, NO!!!!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT! DO. NOT. GOOGLE THAT!!!!!

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #959
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
Well for one, Andrew and presumably his stunt double beefed up a bit more for this one. Also, the addition of the full belt, regardless of how thin or thick it is will make him look less lean.
And that's a shame. The glangly look, for me, is part of the visual appeal of spidey. It's his best look IMO.

---

EDIT

You're probably right about him still being gangly and all. It's just the angle of a lot of the set pics maybe.

Last edited by Smegger56; 04-23-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #960
Smoke87
Side-Kick

well he does have a harness on doesn't he? that's probably what's making it look thicker.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #961
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not impressed. Not even the TASM suit looked cheap in the set pics.

The belt is too thick. Those boots... they look like they should be on Frankenstein's monster. The eyes... why is everyone going happy nuts over them? They're too big. The Raimi/Webb eyes where perfect IMO.

Just need to see this thing in action. See how it looks on film.
I personally like the eyes because they're just emotive to me. They just make him look like more of a
"good guy" I suppose. And they just make the suit look so much closer to the comic than anything we've had thus far, that gives it
a sort of familiarity and warmth to it. Also there are numerous set pics where the first costume looled horrible. Where the webbing looked silver and the overall costume looked pink. There were
also times it looked like it was straight up made of rubber. It's amazing what post can do. The suit isn't that big of a deal anyway, as long as it's clearly spidey then that's all that matters. It's like when the new Iron Man 3 suit was revealed. It was a big deal when it was first shown, but now that the movie is nearly out no one cares anymore lol they just want the movie to be good.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #962
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:

The belt is too thick. Those boots... they look like they should be on Frankenstein's monster. The eyes... why is everyone going happy nuts over them? They're too big. The Raimi/Webb eyes where perfect IMO.

He sacrificed everything he has to give everyone else, the people that kicked him, spat on him,he gives them a chance. He saves them though they would more likely than not, let him die.Spider-Man is our personal Jesus, he is all of us.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #963
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Yeah we are kinda basing this off of very few pics. Let's see the thing in action!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #964
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
I personally like the eyes because they're just emotive to me. They just make him look like more of a
"good guy" I suppose. And they just make the suit look so much closer to the comic than anything we've had thus far, that gives it
a sort of familiarity and warmth to it. Also there are numerous set pics where the first costume looled horrible. Where the webbing looked silver and the overall costume looked pink. There were
also times it looked like it was straight up made of rubber. It's amazing what post can do. The suit isn't that big of a deal anyway, as long as it's clearly spidey then that's all that matters. It's like when the new Iron Man 3 suit was revealed. It was a big deal when it was first shown, but now that the movie is nearly out no one cares anymore lol they just want the movie to be good.
The small eyes are just as valid from the comics. But they just look too big. I am judging from set pics, I know, but they look silly to me. Like, goofy.

I can only think of one set pic from TASM where the suit looked really horrible, and I think it's the one you described. The one where he is running and the photographer has caught him side on.

Whether the webbing is black/silver etc, I don't care. Even raised is not a big issue for me. Though I did like the pattern in TASM alot. Many of the design choices in TASM, IMO, improved on the original costume. Like having a thinner red torso section, thinner arm strips and segmented gloves (one of my favourite bits of it) where great. And I did love the more sporty look to the boots. Here, they look so bulky lol.

Of course all we want to see is a good movie. However, there is still nothing wrong with having a discussion about something as trivial as this

Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #965
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Yeah we are kinda basing this off of very few pics. Let's see the thing in action!
I agree with this. Not happy with the set pics, but still open minded and hopeful seeing it in action will ease my mind (though those boots... lol)

Old 04-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #966
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
The small eyes are just as valid from the comics. But they just look too big. I am judging from set pics, I know, but they look silly to me. Like, goofy.

I can only think of one set pic from TASM where the suit looked really horrible, and I think it's the one you described. The one where he is running and the photographer has caught him side on.

Whether the webbing is black/silver etc, I don't care. Even raised is not a big issue for me. Though I did like the pattern in TASM alot. Many of the design choices in TASM, IMO, improved on the original costume. Like having a thinner red torso section, thinner arm strips and segmented gloves (one of my favourite bits of it) where great. And I did love the more sporty look to the boots. Here, they look so bulky lol.

Of course all we want to see is a good movie. However, there is still nothing wrong with having a discussion about something as trivial as this
Totally agree with you Smegger, the TASM suit looked far superior. The exaggerated big eyes of the new suit look cartoony, and that to me isn't a good thing.

I expect to get used to it, but I don't expect to ever like the TASM2 suit as much as the TASM suit.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #967
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegger56

This post makes no sense... Aliens
Ok, I'll give it another go...

I feel the suit looks cheap.

The boots look so clunky. They look more fitting for Frankenstein's monster and not an acrobatic superhero.

The eyes in this costume look goofy. I don't get why everyone is so happy about them. I feel that the eyes on the costumes from Raimi's films and Webbs film where so much better.

But, these are set pics. I need to see the suit in action on film to truly judge it (though I stand firm in my criticism about the boots lol).

Last edited by Smegger56; 04-23-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #968
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by grieven View Post
Totally agree with you Smegger, the TASM suit looked far superior. The exaggerated big eyes of the new suit look cartoony, and that to me isn't a good thing.

I expect to get used to it, but I don't expect to ever like the TASM2 suit as much as the TASM suit.
How did you feel about TASM suit when the first set pics came out?

Old 04-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #969
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Quote:
I recall the word "basketball" being tossed around a lot.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #970
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:

This was the very first one I saw. And it's not good at all. Even the others, which where not that bad, I kept thinking of this one. It took me a while.

But, for the most part, I did like the costume in the set pics for TASM. Some are better than others. So far, with the TASM2 set pics, not one has impressed me.

So you know, the TASM costume in this look horrible

Old 04-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #971
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
It's a shame he doesn't seem to look as thin and gangly as he did in TASM.
He does, particularly in his legs.

His upper body is bulky, but that's because he is wearing a harness.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #972
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
He does, particularly in his legs.

His upper body is bulky, but that's because he is wearing a harness.
I did amend that and say that the angles wont be helping

Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #973
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:

Whether the webbing is black/silver etc, I don't care. Even raised is not a big issue for me. Though I did like the pattern in TASM alot. Many of the design choices in TASM, IMO, improved on the original costume. Like having a (one of my favourite bits of it) where great. And I did love the more sporty look to the boots. Here, they look so bulky lol.

while looking at these set pictures it's a combo of the comics(616 and Ultimate in eyes and his belt), Rami(red parts, raised webbing, spider on front) and the first ASM(Black webbing and webbing design, blue sides, black spider design) and I do believe it would look better on final production in action but I honestly would want to see a little of the first ASM costume(boots composed of sneakers, sunglasses for eye pieces, thinner red torso section, thinner arm strips and segmented gloves, etc) and which we got this costume in the last movie and something that had more bits and pieces of the first movie(sneaker boots, sunglasses eye pieces, brighter colors, etc) while transitioned to this look.I guess I'll get used to it.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 04-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #974
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
while looking at these set pictures it's a combo of the comics(616 and Ultimate in eyes and his belt), Rami(red parts, raised webbing, spider on front) and the first ASM(Black webbing and webbing design, blue sides, black spider design) and I do believe it would look better on final production in action but I honestly would want to see a little of the first ASM costume(boots composed of sneakers, sunglasses for eye pieces, thinner red torso section, thinner arm strips and segmented gloves, etc) and which we got this costume in the last movie and something that had more bits and pieces of the first movie(sneaker boots, sunglasses eye pieces, brighter colors, etc) while transitioned to this look.I guess I'll get used to it.
All they had to do really to the TASM costume to appease fans for this film would have been to have the belt all the way round, remove the leg strips and cover the silver boot trims.

We will get used to it. Especially if the film is really good. As long as the film is that, Spidey could be wearing a bin bag

Old 04-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #975
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
I overall thought it looked cool but was concerned about things like the dark stains in the crotch, but thought it was a sleek looking design overall. I have always liked the conservative sized eyes in the cinematic suit designs, in both the Raimi and Webb films.

My immediate reaction to the new suit is the eyes are way too big, the boots look like clunky space boots, and the overall texture feels like the 70's tv show suit. I can see myself warming to it, but I just like it far less than the design of the TASM suit. I wish they had stuck to that overall design and just added a belt, removed leg stripe, perhaps tweak the web design to not be as gridlike.

Last edited by grieven; 04-23-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Closed Thread