The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #476
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: "DAT SMEXY": The Sexiest X-Men Photo Album

yeah, she is no innocent girl anymore. not a 30 years old Rogue. no way, lol.

She should be really badass having been with the x-men since more than years ago, u know?

All the danger room sessions, all events that could have happened after X3.... there has been plenty of room for her to really grow and become the strong woman we all love

Old 07-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #477
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

It's hard to predict how the characters will be, what fans want and what works for story is different

Old 07-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #478
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
yeah, she is no innocent girl anymore. not a 30 years old Rogue. no way, lol.

She should be really badass having been with the x-men since more than years ago, u know?

All the danger room sessions, all events that could have happened after X3.... there has been plenty of room for her to really grow and become the strong woman we all love
She won't be 30. She'd be 26 if DOFP is the real life amount of years after X3. I expect 10 max so she shouldn't be older than late 20's. Though I agree she will have lived through a lot in that time including the war so she has to have become more kick ass and confident.

Even if she's been away from the X-men for most of that time she'd still have had to fight to survive.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #479
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
It's hard to predict how the characters will be, what fans want and what works for story is different
Ive read that quote thousands of time, and yet I find it a bit pointless, in the sense that...

what works for a story is what the writer and director WANT to work. the story doesnt exists, its the writer and creative team the ones to decide what they wanna do and how good the characters can be or not.

If they want a grown up Rogue, they can easily write that role for her. Its not like what fans want is something unrealistic or that cant happen in a mutants world. She is a mutant, a x-woman and thats an apocalyptic world.

There is no excuse to dont make her a mature and strong mutant. If it doesnt happen on this movie, its not because it didnt work, its because they didnt want to do it. as simple as that.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #480
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ive read that quote thousands of time, and yet I find it a bit pointless, in the sense that...

what works for a story is what the writer and director WANT to work. the story doesnt exists, its the writer and creative team the ones to decide what they wanna do and how good the characters can be or not.

If they want a grown up Rogue, they can easily write that role for her. Its not like what fans want is something unrealistic or that cant happen in a mutants world. She is a mutant, a x-woman and thats an apocalyptic world.

There is no excuse to dont make her a mature and strong mutant. If it doesnt happen on this movie, its not because it didnt work, its because they didnt want to do it. as simple as that.
I agree. Realistically Rogue would be more confident and kick ass. It's who she is in the comics, we did get some glimpses of it during the OT movies, Rogue's age makes it realistic to any woman and Anna always said that is how she wanted her to be. I think there's a very good chance the grown up version of this character is a lot closer to what we all expect her to be.

She has survived a war for however long it's gone on. The teen version wouldn't have been able to do that for long. So something have changed. Singer has also said that we'll be seeing all the characters in ways we've never seen them before. The only reason Rogue wasn't the sexy kick ass she could have been in the past is because the scripts didn't allow it. It wasn't down to the character or Anna, both had the potential. It was the writing that restricted her .I don't think Anna would return to play a sidelined and weakened character again. She clearly didn't like what happened in X3.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #481
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Still its unpredictable to how the characters will be portrayed, not like now singers back they will be more faithful to the comics suddenly, I mean it may happen but let's be honest not the best track record to go by in terms of how characters have been done faithful

Old 07-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #482
JP
Smelly

More sexy less talky.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #483
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
More sexy less talky.

Oh I've just noticed Evan!

Old 07-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #484
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Still its unpredictable to how the characters will be portrayed, not like now singers back they will be more faithful to the comics suddenly, I mean it may happen but let's be honest not the best track record for it
Rogue doesn't need to be a carbon copy of her comic self to be kick ass. Her age and experience just have to be realistically shown and it's automatic. The situation says she has to be more capable. She doesn't have a choice.

The fact she's wearing a green/white suit in the footage says she is already being made closer to the comic version. And going by what others have said about the scenes it does seem it's a suit. They never mentioned Rogue specifically but I've seen people say all the future characters had on battle suits. So I don't think the green/white outfit is normal clothes. No one has described her as being the only future character in street clothes.

Of course no one else has said about the colour but they don't talk in-depth about her. It seems like people didn't pay enough attention to her clip.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #485
Angamb
Banned User

someone that has been on set many times and has met Bryan and seen him work, told me Singer is really focused to please all the fans this time.

And I honestly believe thats exactly the case, not only with Bryan, but with all the producers too. for many different reasons.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #486
Double B
Side-Kick

Old 07-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #487
Double B
Side-Kick

Old 07-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #488
Double B
Side-Kick

Old 07-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #489
josh8
Side-Kick

I am loving all these pics!! The chemistry between the casts is phenomenal.

Some notes:

- Ellen, stop being such a sour puss! Still love you!

- Fassy is just so naturally sexy. He's not even trying and it makes him more sexy. God!

- James is hilarious. And that voice and accent...

- Hugh is just a stud. WHAT A MAN.

- Awwww... Anna and Halle are the only true OT girls around. It makes me think the other OT guys must be sad to have missed this moment. (And makes me hate Ratner even more!)

- Ian and Patrick... I'm so glad they found each other!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #490
Angamb
Banned User

awwwww, so many cool and beautiful pics

the one with Hale and Anna looking at each other is beautiful and the one of Halle, Shawn and Ellen is a cool one, same with both Charles

Old 07-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #491
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
- Fassy is just so naturally sexy. He's not even trying and it makes him more sexy. God!

- Hugh is just a stud. WHAT A MAN.

- Awwww... Anna and Halle are the only true OT girls around. It makes me think the other OT guys must be sad to have missed this moment. (And makes me hate Ratner even more!)

- Ian and Patrick... I'm so glad they found each other!
Bits in bold - I KNOW! I could literally stare at both all day. I'm not sure how I will cope during the 1973 scenes, to be honest.

I love the Halle and Anna moments. They've had so few scenes together, but there's obviously a really nice chemistry there, so I'd love to see more of that. And ditto, seeing James and Famke would have been the icing on the cake.

Ian and Patrick are such a pair old luvvies. I adore them.

Halle Berry should also be pregnant forever. She just glows when she is.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #492
*xmenfan*
Side-Kick

Love Macavoys t'shirt

I <3 you Rangers!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #493
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i just see the tshirt, very nice

Old 07-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #494
Double B
Side-Kick

Old 07-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #495
kieron39
Side-Kick

Question...And i'm sorry if it's already been discussed, but is James Mc Avory rocking hair extentions? this picture was taken in March, http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3123683328/nm0564215 and i saw i think last month pictures of the cast at some formula 1 event and his hair was tied up, and now for comic con looks a similar length. It's obviously not a big deal, but it's one of those things that will bug me, unless he has miracle grow stuff for hair that i sure could use lol!

Old 07-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #496
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post

This group of people right here? 13 years ago they started the entire modern comic film enthusiasm that led to the success of Marvel Studios today. It pleases me greatly to see them reunited like this.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #497
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
This group of people right here? 13 years ago they started the entire modern comic film enthusiasm that led to the success of Marvel Studios today. It pleases me greatly to see them reunited like this.
Agreed x 1000. I just want to hug all of these photos.

I'm seeing a sneak preview of The Wolverine in NYC on Tuesday night. When that theater first opened, the first movie I ever saw there was the original X-Men. Now I'm going to a screening of the newest movie at that same theater and Hugh Jackman is going to be there!

Old 07-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #498
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Its such a special day seeing this beautiful reunion.

The franchise has had its ups and lows, but this is big day for all of us and for the fans of this casts.

I feel really proud to be a fan of this franchise right now, since its the only one running since year 2000.

Its like......

And to feel like this is a whole new beggining within the same universe... this feeling is amazing

Old 07-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #499
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Agreed x 1000. I just want to hug all of these photos.

I'm seeing a sneak preview of The Wolverine in NYC on Tuesday night. When that theater first opened, the first movie I ever saw there was the original X-Men. Now I'm going to a screening of the newest movie at that same theater and Hugh Jackman is going to be there!
This had me in stitches, lol you guys are hilarious

Old 07-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #500
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Its such a special day seeing this beautiful reunion.

The franchise has had its ups and lows, but this is big day for all of us and for the fans of this casts.

I feel really proud to be a fan of this franchise right now, since its the only one running since year 2000.

Its like......

And to feel like this is a whole new beggining within the same universe... this feeling is amazing
Your gonna make me I understand what your saying and i so agree its amazing to see the OC again to come together for this.

Closed Thread