The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: How do you think Man of Steel will do?
1.5 billion 11 5.85%
1 billion 27 14.36%
900 million 13 6.91%
800 million 35 18.62%
700 million 41 21.81%
600 million 29 15.43%
500 million 18 9.57%
400 million 8 4.26%
300 million 2 1.06%
200 million 4 2.13%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #401
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I think -

* If MOS is successful, then I think that we will get a JL movie and MOS 2 soon.

* If MOS earns less than 600 mil, then we will get JL movie and a Batman reboot but no MOS 2. (IF JL is successful then maybe MOS 2)

* IF MOS makes less than adjusted SR numbers, then no JL, no MOS 2, no other DC movies except a Batman reboot.

__________________
Generally agree except it depends how much less than 600 million MOS does.

550 up to 600 we get a JL film and Batman reboot. If JL is successful I'd expect a JL2 rather than MOS2 as they presumably only have Cavill for 2 films after MOS.

500 - 550 - no JL just a Batman reboot.


Last edited by Tobias; 05-05-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Tobias is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #402
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 516
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Generally agree except it depends how much less than 600 million MOS does.

550 up to 600 we get a JL film and Batman reboot. If JL is successful I'd expect a JL2 rather than MOS2 as they presumably only have Cavill for 2 films after MOS.

500 - 550 - no JL just a Batman reboot.
Tobias,it's strange that you are not willing to answer my accusations? I call you a hater and a subtle troll and mention that you were a troublesome member on other sites and you don't have anything to say? Strange that you would ignore this and not try to defend yourself if this was not the case?

Greeneyes is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #403
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,104
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

I dont know. my heart wants to say 130 mill + for the ow, but my gut says, 95/110 ow.
as i've already stated, this is very tough to predict.

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne


GreenKToo is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #404
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,767
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

I think some people are going to really jack up there OW estimates now due to the counter effect of Iron Man 3's opening but they are totally unrelated in that regard.

Iron-Man 3 played as the sequel to the avengers essentially and while they've done a lot to try to tie in MOS with the TDK franchise per Nolan it's still a totally different super-hero and the audience knows that.

MOS should do great but the "avengers series" has sort of affected people's views of what a big super-hero film should do BO wise.

Bruce Malone is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #405
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,582
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I think some people are going to really jack up there OW estimates now due to the counter effect of Iron Man 3's opening but they are totally unrelated in that regard.

Iron-Man 3 played as the sequel to the avengers essentially and while they've done a lot to try to tie in MOS with the TDK franchise per Nolan it's still a totally different super-hero and the audience knows that.

MOS should do great but the "avengers series" has sort of affected people's views of what a big super-hero film should do BO wise.
Same thing with TDK. Those two series have made people Box-office stupid.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #406
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
 
Excel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Places
Posts: 19,559
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Folks dont understand...if MOS does as well as I think it will, & is as good as it supposedly is...IF WB somehow lured Bale back for a JL film, which was released as MOS's follow up....

it would make more money than god.

Like, Avatar going down type money.

__________________
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place, Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #407
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,582
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Folks dont understand...if MOS does as well as I think it will, & is as good as it supposedly is...IF WB somehow lured Bale back for a JL film, which was released as MOS's follow up....

it would make more money than god.

Like, Avatar going down type money.
Lot of "ifs" in that statement.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #408
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity
 
Moridin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,444
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Generally agree except it depends how much less than 600 million MOS does.

550 up to 600 we get a JL film and Batman reboot. If JL is successful I'd expect a JL2 rather than MOS2 as they presumably only have Cavill for 2 films after MOS.

500 - 550 - no JL just a Batman reboot.
A Batman reboot has nothing riding on MoS's BO. It'll happen even if MoS makes one dollar WW. The only question is if it's tied to a JL universe.

__________________
Lightning struck down twice...
Stones thrown rooftop high...

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #409
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
 
Excel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Places
Posts: 19,559
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Should MOS do what it looks to do, WB MUST find a way to bring back Nolan / Bale / Hatheway and face him off against Cavill. That would movie would make insane amounts of money. It would make the Avengers box office gross look like 3rd world dollars.

__________________
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place, Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #410
rgaona07
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

If its good it should make above 700 somewhere around where the first Spiderman did considering superman is as popular as Spiderman.

rgaona07 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #411
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,005
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Personally,I hope WB reboots Batman with a younger actor.

Mysteryman is online now  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #412
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Should MOS do what it looks to do, WB MUST find a way to bring back Nolan / Bale / Hatheway and face him off against Cavill. That would movie would make insane amounts of money. It would make the Avengers box office gross look like 3rd world dollars.
It's the fanboy in me of course, but I have this strange feeling we'll see Bale's Batman cameo in Man of Steel. If anything, the studio and WB alike has held everything close to their vest regarding the overall outcome of Man of Steel and if Justice League is riding heavily on MOS, it's hard to believe Bale's Batman would be left out since that vision to the modern audience is at its all-time PEAK with Batman.

I know it's slim to none to see that and it probably IS an impossibility, but that fanboy in me has that gut feeling deep, deep down that Bale's Batman could be apart of this all along. I'm dreamin' but at the end of the day, I just hope people around the world will put Superman back in their collected respects. That's all I want as a Supes fan.

I'm salivating and foaming at the mouth for Man of Steel.

__________________
MOS theater count: 6
Tra-El is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #413
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,005
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgaona07 View Post
If its good it should make above 700 somewhere around where the first Spiderman did considering superman is as popular as Spiderman.
One thing The Spiderman franchise can always say, they were the first to make 100 million in a single weekend. , and they did it during a non holiday weekend without 3D.
Still impresses the heck out of me .

Mysteryman is online now  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #414
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,005
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
It's the fanboy in me of course, but I have this strange feeling we'll see Bale's Batman cameo in Man of Steel. If anything, the studio and WB alike has held everything close to their vest regarding the overall outcome of Man of Steel and if Justice League is riding heavily on MOS, it's hard to believe Bale's Batman would be left out since that vision to the modern audience is at its all-time PEAK with Batman.

I know it's slim to none to see that and it probably IS an impossibility, but that fanboy in me has that gut feeling deep, deep down that Bale's Batman could be apart of this all along. I'm dreamin' but at the end of the day, I just hope people around the world will put Superman back in their collected respects. That's all I want as a Supes fan.

I'm salivating and foaming at the mouth for Man of Steel.
I would bet money that The Bale Cameo doesnt happen .

Mysteryman is online now  
Old 05-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #415
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I would bet money that The Bale Cameo doesnt happen .
And I would totally fold on that bet Still, pretty fun to think about the what-ifs. If it would happen, I'd be in absolute shock because that is something we'd ALL never expect. The shock-waves heard around the world of comic books would be on an entirely different seismic level.

__________________
MOS theater count: 6
Tra-El is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #416
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
 
Excel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Places
Posts: 19,559
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

what? no way bale appears in MOS.

__________________
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place, Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #417
rgaona07
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
One thing The Spiderman franchise can always say, they were the first to make 100 million in a single weekend. , and they did it during a non holiday weekend without 3D.
Still impresses the heck out of me .
Yea that trilogy could have been the best if Sony wouldnt have butt in.

rgaona07 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #418
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
what? no way bale appears in MOS.
Actually, I am against Bale appearing if the thought was ever brought up. I don't want ANYTHING to take away from the start to a new Superman franchise OR Henry Cavill himself. That above post is just the stupid fanboy in me at that moment...

...down, fanboy, down!

__________________
MOS theater count: 6
Tra-El is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #419
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
A Batman reboot has nothing riding on MoS's BO. It'll happen even if MoS makes one dollar WW. The only question is if it's tied to a JL universe.
True. Batman is like Bond - they'll still be making these films 30 years from now. Perpetual franchise.

Tobias is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #420
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,393
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

I agree.

You have endless story arcs to follow (Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Beyond, Kingdom Come, countless graphic novels/comics/video games/cartoons) or you can create something completely new.

The possibilities are endless and you have a far bigger sandbox than the basic James Bond premise would allow.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now  
Old 05-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #421
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I agree.

You have endless story arcs to follow (Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Beyond, Kingdom Come, countless graphic novels/comics/video games/cartoons) or you can create something completely new.

The possibilities are endless and you have a far bigger sandbox than the basic James Bond premise would allow.
True. Though Bond has proven itself to be a perpetual franchise too. Next on Cavill's wish list after having played Superman is to play Bond. So he recently said. Though Craig is not about to move on and Bond actors are typically older, I would not be surprised to see a 50ish Cavill playing Bond in 20 years.

DC puts out a crazy number of Bat related titles. Up to 15 of the 52. That's a ton of material coming out each month. Bats gets uber special treatment by DC. The top selling non-Bats related title is GL and it has I think just 1 regular title. The graphic novels are the key though. DC puts out a ton of them for Batman and creators are given it seems almost complete creative freedom. IMO the best concepts for future Bat films come from the graphic novels.

Not to take away from Ironman - it has been incredible at the box. And Marvel Studios is hitting it out of the park again and again. But it's too early to say if Ironman can have a multiple decade franchise. It will depend on how the reboot does - assuming this is it for Downey.


Last edited by Tobias; 05-06-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Tobias is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #422
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,104
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Another IF here. If the rumors about WB wanting MoS to kickstart off JL are true, then like it or not, there will prolly be references to other heroes in MoS. I seriously doubt we'll see bale, but I wouldnt be surprised to either see, or at least hear, references to the other heroes.
I'm not for or against it, but its logical on WB's part to do that if they are deadset on making JL and have MOS be the lead in film..
I'd rather a WF film happen first myself.

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne


GreenKToo is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #423
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Another IF here. If the rumors about WB wanting MoS to kickstart off JL are true, then like it or not, there will prolly be references to other heroes in MoS. I seriously doubt we'll see bale, but I wouldnt be surprised to either see, or at least hear, references to the other heroes.
I'm not for or against it, but its logical on WB's part to do that if they are deadset on making JL and have MOS be the lead in film..
I'd rather a WF film happen first myself.
Still another if. If MOS does well enough for WB to go ahead with JL and if JL is a huge success, how do they use Cavill? Use him in JL2 and forego an MOS2 or recast the role in JL2 and do MOS2 with Cavill. I'm assuming Cavill has a 3 picture deal. And assuming he doesn't agree to go beyond the 3 picture deal.

Tobias is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #424
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."
 
DKDetective's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,092
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Another IF here. If the rumors about WB wanting MoS to kickstart off JL are true, then like it or not, there will prolly be references to other heroes in MoS. I seriously doubt we'll see bale, but I wouldnt be surprised to either see, or at least hear, references to the other heroes.
I'm not for or against it, but its logical on WB's part to do that if they are deadset on making JL and have MOS be the lead in film..
I'd rather a WF film happen first myself.
I dunno about that. People need to remember that Man of Steel was written and filmed before The Avengers came out and that WB's plans regarding Justice League seemed to be a lot different back then. During production, the company line seemed to be that MOS was going to be a standalone series like Nolan's TDK trilogy. Now, when Joss Whedon printed $1.5 billion for Marvel, it is very likely that WB changed their minds about what to do with their DC properties and decided that Man of Steel should be the jumping off point for a cinematic DC universe. However, that does not change the fact that MOS was already written and principle photography was in the can at that point. At most, I think you will see some minor easter egg references to a larger DC universe in MoS because both Goyer and Snyder are comic book nerds and they did it for fun, but all the evidence suggests against any deliberate attempts to build a Marvel-style DC movie universe.

__________________
Avatar by Kane52630
DKDetective is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #425
restlessdreams
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 27
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Personally I think it's going to be around that 500-600 million mark around the world. I don't see it making any more than that. I also don't think it's going to be that big here in the U.S.A. only because the weeks after MOS there are big movies coming out. Monsters University comes out the following week if I remember correctly so that will win the weekend. Also opening that weekend is World War Z which teenage boys and anyone who liked the book will go see, so that will be some competition for MOS. Then later on in the month Heat and White House Down will be released. While these two won't be any where as good as MOS they still have big names in them that people will want to see.

So right now MOS needs to have a huge opening from what I have heard and read online the tracking seems to be any where from 100 mill to about 150 mill. Great opening weekend but it will drop a great deal the following weekend.

But we will see if there is one movie that could make some serious money it's this movie but don't be shocked if it's a pretty big hit but not something that blows everything away.

restlessdreams is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.