The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #251
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
That's your opinion and I respect that but imo TA was pretty darn big. They went from wherever Loki first appeared to New York then to Germany then to those mountain tops in Germany to the Helicarrier and back to New York.

They may have ended up on the same street, but the battle as a whole took place throughout that entire city.
First, let me say I am not complaining. I just don't think it is a very large film.

Loki appears in a room. A very plain room. Then there is a chance in a tunnel and a helicopter over a desert at night with no real personality. If not for title cards, how many would know they were in Germany? The forest has no real distinction, which is again probably why it is shot at night. The Helicarrier is the great living and breathing set, which is why they probably spend a lot of time there. New York has some breathtaking moments, but it almost feels like they are fighting over a few blocks as opposed to the whole city.

It reminds me of Thor and Cap. Cap in his obviously CGI hangars and Thor's little town or box style sets where even when you are out in the open, you know not really (Jotunheim and Asgard).

Not that there is anything wrong with it. They all still worked. They just aren't large, sprawling film. They aren't shot that way. Like the difference between "A Fistful of Dollars" and "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly".

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 04-22-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #252
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Funny, considering it's the same actor.
Exactly!

Old 04-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #253
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
UHQ version of recent pics

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Check out Natalie Portman's hands; she's almost gripping one with the other--not relaxed, like Hemsworth's. So while her eyes and adoring smile (ugh) may be saying "yes" to Thor, her hands, IMO, are saying "no".

Or maybe she just has to go to the ladies' room and resents having to ask Sif where it is.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #254
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #255
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Really, really like the new armor.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #256
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Agreed. It's great.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #257
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

After seeing that Natalie Portman outfit I have to say that generally, the costume design of this movie looks quite good. I don't miss Alexandra Byrne.

I really hope I don't have to miss Patrick Doyle.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #258
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

^ Agreed, it looks much more natural and tangible. The initial costume design was great, considering it had the grand task of bringing the comic costumes to life, but this has really grounded the outfits in realistic-looking materials and textures, avoiding the occasionally more plastic-like look of some of the original costumes.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #259
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

The new costume looks perfect.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #260
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

So glad Chris decided to ditch the wig. And the style looks like they aren't having to hairspray him to the point where not a strand can move. Digging the Royal Cape Of Loveduppedness he's wearing too.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #261
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Very nice pictures, interesting article. This sounds awesome:

Quote:
To thwart him, Thor shows off an elevated fighting style in the new conflict sequences. "I really wanted to ramp up his skill set in battle," says Hemsworth. "He's not just this Viking throwing the hammer. Here he's more demigod with dynamic moves we haven't seen before."
I hope they don't take too much time to explain why Thor didn't call .

Tomorrow can't be soon enough, just one more day to go!

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #262
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
^ Agreed, it looks much more natural and tangible. The initial costume design was great, considering it had the grand task of bringing the comic costumes to life, but this has really grounded the outfits in realistic-looking materials and textures, avoiding the occasionally more plastic-like look of some of the original costumes.
Absolutely. Everything is looking great.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #263
J.Howlett

And by the way, I don't miss those awful wigs Hemsworth had to wear. So glad he used Snow White to grow out his hair in preparation for this film.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #264
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

He's still wearing extensions, but yeah, not sad to see the total wig gone.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #265
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Here's some avatars I made from the stills and teaser poster.

More in this thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456511

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #266
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I can only agree with the people saying that the costumes (and hair) look much better this time around. There wasn't anything wrong with it before but it's taken a step up to the more organic feel that I had in mind when I first heard that they were making Thor.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #267
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
And by the way, I don't miss those awful wigs Hemsworth had to wear. So glad he used Snow White to grow out his hair in preparation for this film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
He's still wearing extensions, but yeah, not sad to see the total wig gone.
So that is why it looks so much better. Nice.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #268
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Aw man, I got on the forums today 100% sure that the trailer was out today.

I guess I can wait another 24 hours haha

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #269
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post

oh god I can imagine how much that hurts

Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #270
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Agreed. It's great.
I feel the same way, it's by far Thor's best costume in the MCU with the sleeveles armor he used against IM coming in second.

I'm anxious to see more of Thor's sleeveless armor in this film, hope it's in the trailer.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #271
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post

well you at least don't have to wait that long, less than 24hrs...

Old 04-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #272
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^ I don't have class till 12:30 tomorrow

Old 04-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #273
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I love the new one, but the one from his first movie was all kinds of "win" to me. Just something about how the black and grey popped with that crimson red cape. Didn't care much for the Avengers one when he was amored up (loved the sleeveless), but I understand why they tried to give some more shared tones across the heroes.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 04-22-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #274
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
The wig looked awful during his fight against the Hulk. It got all curly/wet looking out of nowhere.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #275
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
oh god I can imagine how much that hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
well you at least don't have to wait that long, less than 24hrs...
I'm just so curious to see it!

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Closed Thread