The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #351
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Jealous Sif will likely be my favorite part of the movie.

TEAM SIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #352
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I thought the same as you. But there is a big bright flash so Rock might be on to something.

BTW, I just saw the E! News daily on cable here in AZ. Holy crap is this epic in HD.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #353
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Why are these boards always so quiet? I recall the Thor 1 boards being a lot more lively during times like these. Are people just waiting for Iron Man 3 to release or something?

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #354
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Well there's really no evidence that he teleports, but he definitely did something cool.
Feist your eyes

He looks like his is arriving/teleporting

Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #355
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

And Mjolinar was there waiting for him

Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #356
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why are these boards always so quiet? I recall the Thor 1 boards being a lot more lively during times like these. Are people just waiting for Iron Man 3 to release or something?
wait till the trailer arrives in HD...
either way watching this baby in front of IM3 is gonna be sick

Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #357
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post

BTW, I just saw the E! News daily on cable here in AZ. Holy crap is this epic in HD.
Yeah! E news comes on again later tonight, can't wait to see it again!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #358
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
Feist your eyes

Looking at the beam of light, it's definitely a Bifrost portal.

It matches up with what saw in the set pics, with the light over Thor and him pulling Sif into it.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #359
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Feist your eyes

I said there's no evidence that he's teleporting. I didn't say I don't think he's teleporting.

To me it definitely looks like he's just arriving, though I don't know why he would arrive without his hammer in hand.

Also Volstagg is in this GIF getting up off the ground. And Fandral on the left.

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 04-22-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #360
raimar
Side-Kick

just saw this on tv. A little worried about his power portrayal. When he hit the gorund with Mjolnir on Jouttunheim, all hell broke loose. Here, it looks very small in comparison, but the trailer parts i saw where pretty good. Most expected movie for me this year.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #361
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
I said there's no evidence that he's teleporting. I didn't say I don't think he's teleporting.

To me it definitely looks like he's just arriving, though I don't know why he would arrive with his hammer in hand.

Also Volstagg is in this GIF getting up off the ground.
He's not "just arriving" though. Sif has to sidestep the hammer that's coming right in her direction.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #362
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raimar View Post
just saw this on tv. A little worried about his power portrayal. When he hit the gorund with Mjolnir on Jouttunheim, all hell broke loose. Here, it looks very small in comparison, but the trailer parts i saw where pretty good. Most expected movie for me this year.
Oh God.

Worried about his power level from just that?

Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #363
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
OMG it's Darlene out of Roseanne!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #364
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by raimar View Post
He used lighting in Jotunheim.

Quote:
He's not "just arriving" though. Sif has to sidestep the hammer that's coming right in her direction.
Ok, Sif sidestepping the hammer doesn't really change anything. She'd have to sidestep the hammer anyway. I don't understand your point.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #365
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Ok, Sif sidestepping the hammer doesn't really change anything. She'd have to sidestep the hammer anyway. I don't understand your point.
If he was just arriving on the battlefield at that moment, the Hammer wouldn't be flying across for him to catch it. He had been there already. Threw the hammer and then met it at the other side.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #366
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
He used lighting in Jotunheim.

I believe what Rock is saying is that the Hammer is already there on the battlefield and is coming to Thor from where he threw it in point A and then possibly teleported to point B.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #367
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

I hope you're right Rock. Although if he can teleport, why didn't he do it to get out of the container in TA when he was plummeting to earth? Perhaps Thor has learnt a few new tricks.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #368
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
If he was just arriving on the battlefield at that moment, the Hammer wouldn't be flying across for him to catch it. He had been there already. Threw the hammer and then met it at the other side.
What reason would he have to throw it and catch it? Is he playing catch with himself? The hammer didn't hit anybody. Why isn't he seen on the other side of the "throw?"

It looks to me like he was arriving and summoning his hammer (rather than throwing and catching it). Thor does summon his hammer from long distances. Like in the first movie where it was summoned from the crater.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #369
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
Feist your eyes

Can't wait to make GIFs from scenes like this from the trailer.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #370
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
What reason would he have to throw it and catch it? Is he playing catch with himself? The hammer didn't hit anybody. Why isn't he seen on the other side of the "throw?"

It looks to me like he was arriving and summoning his hammer (rather than throwing and catching it). Thor does summon his hammer from long distances. Like in the first movie where it was summoned from the crater.
JB, his hammer couldn't be there without him. Nobody on that battlefield could possess it ... and I wasn't inferring he's playing catch with himself. He's obviously throwing it at the marauders and in a display of his powers he moves quickly via the lightening to the other side of the battlefield to catch his hammer. It's a more stylish take than in the past when he just stands there waiting for it.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #371
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
I hope you're right Rock. Although if he can teleport, why didn't he do it to get out of the container in TA when he was plummeting to earth? Perhaps Thor has learnt a few new tricks.
I think you just answered your own question.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #372
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Jane looks to be in Asgardian costume when Malekith zaps her. Thor won't be too happy that he spirited her away from Earth to keep her safe only to put her life in even more danger.

Can't wait to see Sif vs Jane.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #373
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
JB, his hammer couldn't be there without him. Nobody on that battlefield could possess it
I'm not saying somebody else brought the hammer to the battlefield. There are plenty of reasons the hammer could be there without him.

Quote:
... and I wasn't inferring he's playing catch with himself. He obviously throwing it at the marauders and in a display of his powers he moves quickly via the lightening to the other side of the battlefield to catch his hammer.
1) Again, it doesn't hit anybody. The closest it comes to hitting someone there is Sif. 2) That doesn't look like lighting at all. It looks like the light of the Bifrost. 3) There's nothing obvious about what's happening at all, you're just assuming without context

Quote:
It's a more stylish take than in the past when he just stands there waiting for it.
Assumptions, assumptions.

To me this looks like Thor's next big entrance. Just look at the way the camera moves.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #374
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Feist your eyes

Holy s**t! This is looking epic!!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #375
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
I'm not saying somebody else brought the hammer to the battlefield. There are plenty of reasons the hammer could be there without him.
Like what exactly?

Quote:
1) Again, it doesn't hit anybody. The closest it comes to hitting someone there is Sif. 2) That doesn't look like lighting at all. It looks like the light of the Bifrost. 3) There's nothing obvious about what's happening at all, you're just assuming without context
You can tell from that quick clip that the hammer didn't hit anyone?

Quote:
Assumptions, assumptions.

To me this looks like Thor's next big entrance. Just look at the way the camera moves.
As are yours.

Closed Thread